"You cannot be called an alarmist if there really is something to be alarmed about." Unknown
(If you have not done so already, please click here to learn exactly what out of meaningful control global warming means and how it unfolds over the next 50 years.)
Because of new global warming research and analysis as well as the gross misinformation of the public by our authorities about the real nature of our current global warming emergency, we have been compelled to upgrade our mission to reflect painful facts which represent the new realities of global warming. These new facts and reality are:
b. We are now facing the probability of mass extinction for a large portion of humanity (if not all,) in what is called the Climageddon Scenario extinction model. (If you have not read this essential page about our current global warming condition, we strongly advise to do so before reading the rest of our upgraded mission. These new mission directions will make a lot more sense after reading that page.)
Our upgraded new mission and role
Because we have already crossed the point of no return for at least the next 50 years with all of its associated unavoidable consequences, what we must do now is to prepare for and adapt to what we cannot avoid, while still trying to save and salvage whatever we can. Therefore the Mission of Job One for Humanity must, at all costs, be to help society and its members prevent extinction due to rapidly escalating global warming consequences.
We do this by:
a. warning you (and society,) about our current state of out of control global warming (for at least the next 50 years,) and why we must radically reduce fossil fuel use to slow down the process of crossing the carbon 600 ppm extinction tipping point. (The timetables for global warming's 20 worst consequences and 11 key tipping points is found on our website and in the new book Climageddon.)
b. helping you prepare for and adapt to the reality of the likelihood of living in a world where as much as 70-90+ percent of the unprepared human population will die soon. Global warming extinction is no longer a remote possibility coming sometime after 2100 as we have been told, it will be arriving as soon as the next 30 to 50 years if we do not immediately make the required fossil fuel cuts! (We are, unfortunately, already moving rapidly through the 6 phases of the Climageddon Scenario extinction model. For information on how to prepare and adapt information so more of us live longer and suffer less is contained in both Part 1 of the Job One Plan as well as Part 2 of the Job One Plan) and,
d. helping inclined individuals and groups create sustainable, self-organizing and independent eco-communities in global warming-safe locations to help make sure that enough of these new communities are established and well-prepared to first survive the escalating onslaught of now unavoidable global warming catastrophes. These new experimental communities will likely be essential to helping carry forward the survival of humanity, human culture, and civilization if we fail to make the required radical and immediate fossil fuel reductions.
(See the Universe Community sections of our sister website for all the information you will need to do to create and self-organize your own sustainable eco-community in a global warming-safe zone.)
e. Once we have survived the global warming emergency and have learned the hard experiential lessons it will teach us, we (this organization and the new eco-communities mentioned above,) will promote a new and survival-proven understanding of just and sustainable living and just and sustainable livelihoods for all of the Earth's remaining survivors. This will help transform the trauma and unthinkable losses of the likely coming Great Collapse into a springboard for the Great Rebuilding and new beginning, which is the building of a better and more just world for ALL that will thrive for hundreds of more generations. If the Great Collapse is inevitable because we and our institutions continue to refuse to alter our unsustainable behavior, at least, this collapse can be utilized as what had to take place for a new, and potentially better beginning for humanity. (Click here to learn about that new Sustainable Prosperity.)
A major good news of the upgraded Job One for Humanity mission is that the most unthinkable global warming reality of humanity crossing the carbon 600 parts per million (ppm,) extinction tipping point within in just a few decades (described in full on this page) can possibly still be slowed down just enough so that some, probably much smaller portion of humanity survives. This slowing could be achieved by immediately enacting the greatest government-driven mass mobilization of our civilization's resources to radically cut fossil fuel use as described in our Job One Plan, Part 3.
Unfortunately, most of our world is ensconced presently in some form of global warming denial or global warming ignorance or intentional deception, and not just the most obvious kind related to whether global warming is real or not. Most of the world isn't even close to realizing how bad global warming already is or, how bad it's going to get far sooner than anyone's telling you, (except for organizations like ourselves.)
Our collective job then is to first prepare ourselves, our families, our businesses and those few brave and bright individuals who are able to see, feel or understand the harsh reality of what is coming.
It will not be pretty or easy.
Our world will change dramatically in just a short 10 to 20 years from now.
Our mission is to help those we can who are ready to navigate this uncertain, perilous, and threatening future which has now become our banquet of unthinkable and unavoidable global warming consequences.
More About Our Mission
Because of these new global warming realities as (found on this page,) our educational mission has become to make you aware and warn both you and society about the most important global warming extinction tipping point of carbon 600 ppm (parts per million.) Once we cross this final 600 ppm tipping point we enter extinction-level global warming a 5°C increase in average global temperature and the last phases of the Climageddon Scenario. (Once we cross the carbon 500 PPM tipping point we will have a 4°C increase in average global temperature and all ice on earth will begin melting. Anything at or above a 4°Celcius increase in average global temperature would be incompatible with an organized global society and would be beyond adaptation!)
We also want to help you do everything within your power to cause a cut in all developing nations carbon emissions by 75% by 2025 and then cut down to zero by 2035 as the only honest solution with any realistic hope of keeping us safe from the likelihood of extinction. We either successfully do these fossil fuel cuts to this level or most of us under 50, our children and our grandchildren (eventually as much as 70-90% of the population,) will suffer and die from global warming escalating consequences as soon as 2050-2070 (depending on where you live in the world.)
Never forget, if we fail, there will be literally no livable future you or I would want to inhabit if we do not make the required critical fossil fuel cuts mentioned previously. Never forget we are not talking about vague statistics and probabilities here, but the lives of you, your family and billions of other individuals, families, and children all over the world! Click here to see your first action steps on the Job One plan.
We will also help you prepare for (Part 1 of the Job One Plan,) and adapt to (Part 2 of the Job One Plan,) our rapidly escalating global warming emergency in order that we can still salvage whatever we can of humanity and civilization
How our mission will be executed:
- We use the best climate science available.
- We do only what is deadline and effectiveness prioritized in the proper sequence to save as much of humanity and civilization as we can.
- We will provide honest global warming consequence prediction timetables and a new model called the Climageddon Scenario. (This is very critical prediction information will keep you from being surprised so that you have adequate time to prepare for the unavoidable coming consequences.
- We use the free Job One Plan to help individuals slow and lessen what is now unavoidable, cope with the emotional implications of our now out of control global warming, create emergency preparedness, and effectively adapt as long as we can for a difficult future.
- We vigorously promote that there is no other way to survive this emergency unless we come together immediately and cooperate as one human family. This is because if we do not cooperate in a massive global emergency mobilization of ALL of humanity's required resources there will be NO winners! Even the ultra-wealthy will only survive temporarily migrating to the far north. Our core message is quite simple. Either we all cooperate on resolving this emergency immediately or we all die!
- We promote the honest global warming hope that ONLY if we prevent ourselves from crossing the carbon 600 ppm final battle line, will there still be a small window of opportunity for humanity and the best of our civilization to survive.
- We foster tapping into our deepest philosophical and spiritual reserves to help us endure and make sense of the tremendous suffering and sacrifice ahead.
- We promote utilizing this unprecedentedly difficult and urgent situation to enhance and expand the meaning and purpose of our lives, and to help us develop and broaden our character.
- We promote maintaining as positive of a perspective as is possible throughout all of the coming hardships. Click here to see a summary of the 16 surprise positive perspectives on things that can happen in this emergency that might help you sustain your positive perspective through this challenge.
- We actively promote enjoying your life today as fully as is possible because there are no guarantees and we may not succeed.
- We practice that there is no one to blame for this out of control global warming emergency. For the last three decades, our current governmental systems have so protected or incentivized fossil fuel use that curtailing it was all but impossible. Additionally, the climate is so complex that only a handful of individuals had both the intellectual bandwidth and the years of climate study to fully grasp how global warming would get out of our control and become out of control so fast. Those few individuals did not have sufficient governmental influence to prevent global warming from becoming out of control. The last thing we need to do is to polarize and waste resources in energy-depleting blame.
The substeps to achieving our full mission above are:
- To help individuals first understand and then predict the next wave of global warming-aggravated disasters using the warning signs that almost all of us will inevitably experience either now, soon or in the near future. Click here for that information.
- To help individuals create the emergency backup plans and emergency supplies they will need for short-term recovery from the escalating consequences of global warming aggravated disasters and out of control global warming. Click here for details on how to do this.
- To help individuals, wherever possible, to adapt locally to the new realities of out of control global warming. Click here for details on how to do this.
- Where local adaptation strategies are neither possible nor wise, to help as many people as possible migrate to global warming-safe locations. (This also means relocating essential key infrastructure near or above the 45th parallel north, near, or below the 45th parallel south. Click here for details on how to do this.)
- To promote the necessary mass global mobilization and governmental actions for radically increasing green energy generation, in order to help save as many individuals as possible and preserve the critical infrastructure of civilization.
- to educate individuals and groups on how to create their personal lifestyles and livelihoods toward a true Sustainable Prosperity. This along with key collective actions by our governments will in turn also help slow and lessen the speed of this rapidly unfolding catastrophe. (If global warming caused extinction seems unrealistic to you, please see the phase-by-phase global warming extinction process as it unfolds described in the Climageddon Scenario overview here or more fully in the new Climageddon book.)
- To provide individuals with effective new strategies designed to help them recover from the damages of the early phases of global warming-aggravated disasters physically and financially. Click here for this new information on disaster recovery.
For additional important areas of global warming information and news:
If you want to learn the story of our organization and more about how this just recently upgraded mission statement came about, click here.
Click here for some surprise benefits of our global warming emergency. (We strongly recommend that everyone reads this good news section to help counterbalance the difficult news about our current global warming emergency.)
To learn more about the full Job One Plan that will is designed to achieve the mission above, click here.
If you want to know how the gross misinformation of the public catastrophe occurred as mentioned above, click here and go to the section How this Gross Misinformation Occurred.
If you want to learn the most accurate way that you can personally tell if we are making progress in reducing global warming, click here.
If you feel our mission is important to your future and you want to support it and see it succeed:
Click here to make a fast, easy tax-deductible online donation.
Mission Statement Version 4.3, January 29, 2019