Now FERC is set to reconvene on September 20th with Trump’s Senate-approved commissioners Robert Powelson and Neil Chatterjee eager to use their newly minted rubber stamps.
Our best chance to stop them is with a big wave of citizen pressure right now, as they try and get back to work. Sign this petition, which we'll deliver at a big rally and lobby day on September 20 that aims to shut down FERC's first "public" meeting in months and keep it shut down by order of Congress.
Scroll down to read petition text
To: Members of the US House & Senate cc: FERC Commissioners
From: [Your Name]
The Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) has abused its power, our climate, and our communities for too long. I’m asking you to:
1. Enact a moratorium on new fracked gas pipelines and infrastructure until there are hearings into FERC’s abuses in permitting pipelines and reforms put in place that give communities a real voice in FERC’s permitting process;
2. Vote AGAINST the Dirty Energy bill (S1460), and any other legislation that would increase FERC’s authority and perversely speed up the approval process for fracked gas infrastructure. Communities and property owners nationwide need to have a say over all infrastructure projects.
3. Support new legislation (such as H.R. 3671, Rep. Gabbard's 'OFF ACT', or the Senate '100 by 50' act) and a federal permitting process that puts us on a path to 100% clean energy to create high paying jobs, a stable climate, and livable communities.
- You may receive updates from 198 methods, the sponsor of this petition.
- You may receive updates from 198 methods, who shared this petition with you.
- Edit Subscription Preferences
Share This Blog Post: If you would like to share this blog post, go to the original shorter version of this post and look to lower right for the large green Share button. Ask them to sign up too for the Global Warming Blog.
To View Our: current positions, opinions, agreement or disagreement with this blog article or its facts, click here.
Sign up for the Global Warming Blog for free by clicking here. In your email you will receive critical news, research and the warning signs for the next global warming disaster.
Click here to learn how global warming has become irreversible and what you can do to protect your family and assets.
To share this blog post: Go to the original shorter version of this post. Look to lower right for the large green Share button.
To view our current agreement or disagreement with this blog article, click here.