You can access our website's many features by activating your account from the email we just sent you.
Activating your account is free and you can change your account or unsubscribe at any time.
Please go to your activation email and click the link we sent you to activate your new account. This confirms your identity and protects us both from spambots.
If you do not see your activation email check your junk or spam folders, or that you have entered the right email.
The Job One for Humanity Climate and Global Crises Relisience Plan guides you through 4 levels of personal and collective actions you can take to help slow, and lessen the climate change emergency.
You can make a real difference in helping to resolve escalating climate change and global warming!
Please also select what interests you most about our climate change work from the list further below if you have not done so already!
The Job One TeamSign up
alyssia jordan signed Climate Change Emergency Petition 2017-05-22 08:39:56 -0700I want a better future for generations and generations after that I don’t want this next generation to suffer and live on a desert planet and barley survive….. no!!! that’s not gonna happen we the people have to make some sorta speech and make civilization hear what where trying to do to stop climate change. I hope this message will be read and looked at
After reading this climate change emergency petition, sign electronically at the bottom of this page. You will receive an immediate email copy and an acknowledgment.
Almost 100,000 individuals have signed this petition and similar petitions worldwide!
Climate Change Emergency Petition
We, the citizens of our nation and of the Earth, are endowed with certain rights, powers, and obligations, which demand we act to preserve and protect the future of humanity and Earth's other animal and biological life. We have four demands.
Based on abundant scientific evidence or our own climate change experiences, we recognize that:
b. The global climate is becoming increasingly unstable due to atmospheric greenhouse gas pollution (carbon, methane, and nitrous oxide,) dominantly coming from the human-caused burning of fossil fuels.
c. Despite 60 years of credible scientific warnings, global warming is still rising and has now reached dangerous levels, causing widespread deterioration across our climate and environment.
We are now facing a rapidly worstening climate change scenario.
This climate change-driven environmental deterioration and extinction threat can only be fixed by our politicians immediately enacting the honest 2025 global fossil fuel reduction targets.
Getting close to the scientifically correct 2025 global targets will dramatically reduce damaging atmospheric carbon, methane, and nitrous oxide.
It will also help prevent the loss of 10 million lives a year worldwide from the painful and debilitating health-related effects of the toxic air pollution caused by fossil fuel burning.
If we do not get close to the 2025 fossil fuel reduction targets, the frequency, severity and size of global climate change consequences will rise dramatically from 2025-2031 and beyond.
Many of these climate change consequences will be catastrophic.
Therefore, I hereby demand that our politicians and government leaders meet to enact these four demands:
1. Declare a national and international Climate Change Emergency. (We will never be able to manage worsening climate change unless we call the climate change threat, the emergency that it really is.)
2. Immediately pass enforceable and verifiable national and international laws that will get us close to the required 2025 global fossil fuel reduction targets. (These climate change-related laws and actions are described here.)
3. Order an immediate government mass mobilization of ALL necessary resources and personnel to execute ALL required governmental actions to come as close as possible to the correct 2025 global fossil fuel reduction targets. And finally,
4. Start the necessary climate change disaster preparation, adaptation, and resilience-building needed for soon-arriving, severe climate change consequences our nation can no longer avoid or prevent. (About one-half of humanity could die off by 2050 if our politicians fail us again.)
By electronically signing this petition below, I am officially petitioning and demanding that my national politicians execute the four above actions to protect and preserve humanity and animal and biological life on Earth.
Furthermore, realizing that the climate change consequences that are already occurring will take centuries to thousands of years to repair (which will create an unbearable nightmare for surviving generations), I further pledge to continue to personally help resolve our accelerating climate change emergency until it is fixed!
Sign below Now!
Additional Petition Information, If Needed:
2. When you sign the petition, you give us permission to email you your petition signature acknowledgment copy and occasional climate change emergency progress updates about once a month.8,691 signaturesAdd signature