Robert Donald signed Petition for Special Meeting Of World Leaders For Global Warming Emergency Action 2020-01-04 09:59:01 -0800Robert Donald57 signatures
Please read and then sign the petition form below and forward this linked petition to everyone you know, particularly other sustainability or global warming (aka climate change,) organizations.
With one click you can both sign the petition and, if you use the share button, it will be electronically sent to your friends as well as people in power who are responsible for addressing the global warming emergency. If any of your friends need to be informed about why this emergency meeting needs to be called, you can refer them to the global warming educational materials on the Job One For Humanity website.
We, the citizens of our nation and of our Earth, are endowed with certain rights, powers, and obligations, which demand we act both individually and collectively to protect and preserve the ongoing evolution of life on Earth, including our future generations.
Based upon a preponderance of scientific evidence, we recognize our global climate is rapidly warming and becoming increasingly unstable due to human-caused carbon pollution from the burning of fossil fuels. If we do not change course before global warming tipping points are crossed, this destabilization of our climate will continue to cause ever-increasing suffering and potentially irreversible devastation for both current and future generations. If left unresolved, it could cause the extinction, or near extinction, of the human species.
We further recognize that rapidly escalating global warming emergency and its consequent climate destabilization is the greatest current active threat to the security of all nations, comparable in the scope of impact to global nuclear war. Escalating average global temperature rises will lead to destabilization affecting first millions, then billions of people forced to deal with ongoing climate catastrophes, food and other resource depletion, and mass migrations.
Nearly all of the major problems our world faces today worsen and multiply due to escalating global warming. All of the ecological, economic, and political problems listed below will cross-intensify and therefore worsen as average global temperatures rise.
- Food and resource depletion
- Severe droughts, floods, and wildfires
- Rising sea levels
- Water pollution and water table loss
- Desertification and deforestation
- Ocean fish stock depletion
- Growing economic inequity, poverty, and instability
- Political instability and injustice
- War and regional conflicts
- Increasing potential of pandemics and other health crises
Despite 30 years of education, study, and discussion about the possible irreversible effects of human-caused carbon and methane pollution of our atmosphere, global warming temperatures have escalated to levels that may have already passed or be close to passing global warming tipping point with impacts that are irreversible. We must immediately reverse the continued rise of average global temperature by decreasing the human-caused production of greenhouse gases from the burning of fossil fuels. Failure to resolve global warming for ourselves and future generations is simply not a survivable option.
The purposes of this emergency meeting of world leaders is as follows:
Publicly declare that the national and international criteria for planning and implementing new laws to resolve the global warming emergency are to do only what is essential and effective in the properly prioritized sequence to keep us from crossing any critical global warming tipping points.
- Demand new, verifiable, and enforceable national and international laws that will effectively and quickly achieve the global warming reduction needed to avoid tipping points. These new laws must immediately:
- create a revenue neutral, Fee and Dividend-based global warming reduction program.
- remove all government subsidies from fossil fuel energy generation.
- incentivize divestment from the fossil fuel energy generation industry.
- tax all fossil fuel profits at significantly higher rates.
- mandate that the fossil fuel corporations pay for all past and current environmental damage.
- mandate using Fee and Dividend revenue or other global warming-related revenues to provide generous government subsidies and incentives for expanding green energy generation and use.
- mandate using Fee and Dividend revenue or other global warming-related revenues to fund employee job retraining, as well as a business and nation recovery fund to assist all individuals, businesses, and nations that will suffer significant financial losses because of the rapidly falling use of fossil fuels.
- mandate using Fee and Dividend revenue or other global warming-related revenues to fund a global education and public relations campaign on why the public will have to comply with many new and difficult global warming reduction laws soon to be enforced by our governments.
- mandate using Fee and Dividend revenue or other global warming-related revenues to increase natural and technological carbon sequestration.
- authorize the International Monetary Fund, The World Bank, and other national and international bank transaction clearinghouses to impose and collect global warming law violation penalty fees.
- mandate the creation of a separate global warming emergency recovery reserve fund equal to 5% of national GDP.
- fund research into new, appropriate technologies that may become our last hope and backup plan to remove toxic carbon and methane pollution from the atmosphere before we go over the climate cliff.
- call for the immediate creation of a more accurate and complete global warming risk analysis, as well as mandating annual global warming risk analysis updates to be done by the respective intelligence agencies of each nation.
As global citizens of every nation on Earth, we ask you, our national leaders, to immediately convene with all other national leaders from every country to pass effective, verifiable, and enforceable new laws to resolve the escalating global warming emergency before it is too late, and to sustainably protect, preserve, and advance the continued evolution of humanity and life on Earth.