Ed Cockrell commented on Your 2020 Global Warming Predictions 2019-12-30 07:50:14 -0800I admire the Job One effort in bringing this discussion to the public. When I first started reading about the climate emergency I thought maybe actions would be taken to reduce carbon emissions. But that is not happening. Then I thought about Plan B, and the possible strategies of trying to wiggle through the warming catastrophe to live a little longer within the ravages of a hot world. But the coldest parts of the world right now are having the biggest changes. Where I live in North Carolina there are warming effects, more flooding and so on, but the state overall is not as dramatically impacted as say Greenland with its melting glaciers (as one example). Anyway, it’s probably not possible to out maneuverer such dramatic and chaotic change. Plus changes are happening faster than were predicted just a few years ago. I’m coming to the conclusion that I’ll just have to act locally as seems best and live through or die in whatever hot mess is to coming this way. Maybe, in the long run, some little pockets of human society will continue to exist here and there on Earth. Or, we will just be gone as an advanced technology species because we could not figure out how to coexist with our living planet.
Ed Cockrell commented on Your Climate Change Survival Kit 2019-07-26 13:58:13 -0700Lawrence, two rich guys (Musk and Bezos) talk about living on Mars or on spaceships as possible ways to continue humanity post Climageddon. They also spend lots of money related to their concepts of survival in space. Would it not be less fantastical for a government or group to prepare outposts on our actual planet Earth that could be hardened with advanced survival technology to create a hail Mary chance that some small group of humans might preserve knowledge and genetic variety that would allow a human presence to continue on Earth in its version 2.0 climate? It might not work, but should the attempt be made? Are you aware of any such attempts being talked about or planned?
Ed Cockrell donated 2019-12-29 03:06:17 -0800$15,172.33 raisedGOAL: $20,000.00
To make a secure one-time, tax-deductible online donation of any amount, please use the fill-in form at the bottom of this page. We are a 25-year-old, tax-deductible United States IRS recognized and approved 5013(c) non-profit organization.
We also run one of the most cost-effective organizations among all global warming educational groups. We are an all-volunteer organization and, there is no paid staff! Your donations go only for rent, utilities, office expenses, internet hosting, and other Internet-related web security and service costs our volunteers are unable to perform.
If you make a donation of $9.00 or more, you will also get:
1. a 1-year members-only access to that section of our website and,
2. three amazing ebooks as our thank you gift (a $26.00 value.)
Make a one-time, monthly, or by-mail donation of any amount by using one of the 3 methods linked below
1. To make a secure one-time, online donation, please use the fill-in form at the bottom of this page.
2. To make a secure monthly online donation automatically, click here.
3. To begin or renew our annual membership, use the one-time secure online donation form at the bottom of this page. (The many membership benefits including 3 free books are listed further below.)
4. To make a donation by mail, make your check payable to Factnet, PMB 2167, 1650 S. Casino Dr. Laughlin, Nevada 89029.
5. For all other types of donations and ways of giving, bequests, annuities, trusts, life insurance, etc., click here.
6. If you cannot afford $9.00 a year: We feel that everyone should have access to this critical global warming information, not just the ultra-wealthy. That is why we have made this critical information available at a cost we believe everyone can afford (a $9.00 a year website membership. If you cannot afford $9.00 a year or live at the poverty level or below in your region and nation, please email us at [email protected] with relevant details, and we will get you a free scholarship. This scholarship award will also give you access to all of our members-only website areas.
You will always receive either an electronic or mailed tax-deductible donation receipt for your donation. We are a 25-year-old, tax-deductible United States IRS recognized and approved 5013(c) non-profit organization.
We have received the Seal of Financial Transparency by Guidestar. Guidestar is a leading non-profit organization that evaluates other non-profit organizations for financial and mission transparency.
Become an Annual Member or Renew an Annual Membership and for a limited time also get the following $26.00+ in extra items and services!
In 2021, we lowered our annual membership from $15.00 per year to $9.00 to allow more people from all over the world to afford membership access.
You will get all of the member benefits listed below when you become an annual member/donor now for just $9.00 per year! With any $9 donation, you will also receive three important ebooks with a $26.00 value!
1. You will receive ebook copies of three critical new books relevant to global warming and other global issues:
a. The first free ebook is Climageddon; the Global Warming Survival Kit is an $8.95 value. This ebook is getting great reviews on Amazon and, you can download it in one of the three most popular ebook reader formats.
b. You will also receive a free ebook copy of Climate and Ecological Delusions and Contradictions that Will Soon End Humanity by Michael Mielke. This $8.95 value ebook explains and elaborates in great detail on the carbon capture technology delusion and the many other global crises we face.
c. You will also receive a free ebook copy of Collapse 2020, Vol 1: Fall of the First Global Civilization by Bruce Nappi. This $8.95 value ebook lays out a strong case on why we must prepare for the first-ever global warming-aggravated, global collapse coming within mere decades. Collapse 2020 digs into the major chaos of today’s world: climate change, liberal-conservative polarization, gridlock in governments, and massive social injustice.
While the three free ebooks above are an excellent extra benefit for making only a $9.00 donation and becoming a member (or renewing membership), there are other valuable reasons why you will want to have access to the members-only section of our website!
More Members-Only Benefits
2. You will receive valuable global warming migration evaluation information. The members-only area of our website also will provide critical details on how and when the consequences of the global warming emergency can affect your investments, financial transactions, real estate, and even your individual or business physical survival. Luckily, you will not have to spend tens of thousands of dollars a year (like the ultra-wealthy) to access it.
3. As a member, you will not only be able to know what the ultra-wealthy know about our global warming future, but also what they don't know (unless of course, they are also members of Job One.) Our nonprofit organization has spent almost $100,000 acquiring and doing the research needed for the information found in the members-only section.
Hedge funds, investment bankers, real estate conglomerates, and ultra-wealthy individuals and corporations all over the world are already spending tens of thousands of dollars each year with global warming risk analysis companies to have access to the kind of information that you will find in our members-only section. Trillions in personal and corporate wealth will either be made or lost because one either understands or does not understand the many unfolding consequences of our rapidly accelerating global warming emergency.
As a member you will have full access to nonpublic global warming website information as described below in more detail:
1. All of the information we have collected on sustainability practices and how to build supportive, new eco-communities where you live now or in new locations.
2. well-researched global warming family and business migration options for the sparse global warming safer zones (For those of you who live in global warming high-risk areas.)
3. critical prediction information on how, when, and where the escalating global warming emergency will affect:
a. local, regional, and national real estate values and finances,
b. stock market values, specifically corporations whose stocks and bonds will be most affected as the global warming emergency worsens,
c. commodity prices as regionalized crops and other commodities fail because of increased heat or other global warming consequences, as well as which food prices will rise the fastest, etc.,
d. increased political conflict or instability probabilities particularly relating to a nation's regionalized specific global warming consequences.
4. first alerts and early warnings about the coming global warming catastrophes,
5. exclusive global warming emergency preparation and adaptation information for your family, home, and business.
In addition to the above, your donations provide critical financial support for our non-profit organization's ongoing research and mission and, they help keep many other areas of our website information free to the public.
Why donate and become a member now?
When you donate nine dollars (or hopefully more,) you:
1. become a member for one year and you receive all of the many valuable members-only benefits listed above.
2. help us promote the effective Job One for Humanityglobal warming survival plan and our mission-focused on serving the public good and doing everything necessary to slow or prevent a global warming-caused mass extinction event!
What could be more important to support and be a part of?
Here is what donations helped us do in 2020
All of the following was done by our all-volunteer staff because of your financial support:
According to Google Analytics:
a. Some 325,000 unique visitors viewed our websites.
b. About 6,000 hours of free online education on global warming and what we must do for a more sustainable life occurred in 2020.
About ten years ago, with our sister website, The Association for the Tree of Life, we introduced the idea that we need to declare an immediate climate and global warming state of emergency. We began promoting this idea to hundreds of our peer environmental organizations worldwide. Here is what has happened since we introduced the global warming emergency idea:
a. Over 1,800 cities and towns in the US and around the world have declared local or regional global warming-related states of emergency.
b. The Oxford Dictionary named "Climate Emergency" the Word of the Year 2019.
c. In the media you now hear about the climate or global warming emergency on a daily basis.
d. We (Job One and the Tree of Life) are about to cross the 20,000 petition signature level for our global warming emergency petition. (These will soon be sent out around the world to influence various governmental climate regulators.)
e. We have also created a practical and honest plan for dealing with the global warming emergency that has real fossil fuel reduction amounts and timetables that will allow us to have hope for a livable future. (It is called the Job One for Humanity, Survive and Thrive Plan.)
Special Notice for All Previous Climageddon Book Purchasers: You get a free 1-year membership
All Climageddon book purchasers also get free access to the members-only section of our website for 1 year. To get this free 1-year book purchaser's membership, email us at [email protected] and tell us where you bought your Climageddon book and how much you paid. Within 3-5 business days, we will activate your free one-year book purchaser's membership.
Donation Receipt Information
The name "F.A.C.T.net Inc." will show on the PayPal payment screen if you are using Pay Pal online or on the electronic record of your donation to Job One for Humanity. Use this receipt for tax deduction purposes. Job One for Humanity is a DBA and subsidiary of Factnet Inc., which since 1993 has been a recognized 501(c)(3) IRS not for profit social benefit organization.
Ed Cockrell commented on The 5 most important global warming facts that will help you save your life, business and loved ones! 2019-01-30 12:34:56 -0800Lawrence,
I want to thank you for leading an effort to make people aware of the life-ending disasters we face with climate change (global warming).
The information you present and the scenarios your describe that are supported by science are distressing in the extreme.
I find your best advice about planning ahead for the coming catastrophe to be the parts suggesting living in the moment and taking life day-by-day.
It seems certain that what we see in nature now and in ourselves as human beings will all be passing away over the coming few decades.
We must enjoy what exists now and mourn it simultaneously.
Perhaps the ultra-rich will survive in some scattered enclaves here and there on earth; but it probably will be a desperate survival with little joy. Hubris is rarely rewarded by nature.
But even so, if I were a young person I would be very motivated to follow many of your prescriptions for preparation as a way to live as comfortable as possible for as long as possible. I would already be migrating to Alaska or Canada or at least in some artic-like direction. But it’s too late for me as an elderly person to be in a mindset of trying to adapt to extreme challenge. That’s a young (and fit) person’s game.
The best I can do is to look at the spiritual aspects of life in the day-to-day while staying active and aware and staying as fit as my aging body allows me to be.
I do hope humankind survives in some form, but the odds are tilted heavily toward extinction. The universe will have to find some other consciousness to reveal itself to.
In the meantime, I will work on my mental outlook and get all the joy I can out of the years of conscious delight that are left for me.
Thank you for that insight.
Ed Cockrell commented on We’re Losing the Global Warming and Environmental Protection Races: “So, What Do We Do Now?” 2019-01-10 17:10:27 -0800The information available about global warming is formidable; and I do not doubt its veracity. The future-vision revealed by the science is actually overwhelming. I turn 71 years old in 2019. My generation will fade out just has CO2 levels get to the death-of-humanity-locked-in level. What I wonder about is what happens to human society over the next 10 to 20 years as the effects of global warming become more and more evident to the general population. Living in denial allows society to hold together as it’s currently constructed. But once the seriousness of the climate situation is widely realized politics will change, and not for the better. I can imagine scenarios where people living in Alaska, Canada, Russia, New Zealand begin to take actions to protect their territories from the hordes of people who will want to move out of the hot zones. Alaska might separate from the US and align with Canada or even Russia. Old people like myself living in the hot zones will be abandoned. The need for survival will justify many cruelties. People & societies that have the knowledge & wherewithal available to deploy in laboratories will develop coping strategies using genetic manipulation and human-to-AI combinations. And then there will be religion added to the CRAZY. What happens when Jerusalem and Mecca have to be abandoned? The insanity will be unstoppable. I truly believe that human reactions to a hot Earth will accelerate the sudden collapse of civilization as we know it now. Have you or others looked at the psychological and religious aspects of tipping points? Is there an estimation of the year people generally will accept the reality of the approaching hothouse Earth? Could societies in 2030 be psychologically traumatized by climate reality to such a degree that everything we have known suddenly collapses into a frenzy for survival—the weak be dammed?
Ed Cockrell commented on Signup Landing Page 2018-12-30 14:06:44 -0800I have this feeling when you see a nasty storm brewing. The wind and clouds and smell are clear to anyone who looks. But somehow people refuse to look; and if they do look they think the storm will skirt around somehow. And there are almost 10 billion of us! Our current rules of society and economics are not sustainable. The storm will hit. It will not miss us. Humans are about to be culled not by space aliens but by our own societal structures an innate fears that hold us back from quick and radical changes. Perhaps some form of a human descendant will exist in the far north augmented by artificial intelligence, but life will no longer be what we experience now. My only uncertainty is about the timeline; how fast will the changes happen? Will I live to see our demise acknowledged and accepted? Pity our children who will never know a world of peace and stability.
You can adjust your website subscriber settings or unsubscribe at any time. All email list subscribers receive:
1. Important updates to keep you informed on the most current and important global warming news, research, and blog articles.
2. Early warning alerts and warning signals for the next global warming catastrophe.
3. Full access to all subscriber-only sections of the website.
4. We consider you a valuable member of the team working to create a better world.