Are we are at the beginning of a catastrophic and accelerating global collapse process caused by ever-rising global warming amplifying the consequences of the world's worst current global problems? You get to be the judge if this is true after reading this eye-opening analysis!
Other than a growing number of scientists and intelligence agency analysts, most people have no idea that this crisis is already unfolding. Most individuals who have heard about the very real possibility of a global collapse, do not believe it. This denial is understandable because the idea of a catastrophic global collapse process already in progress is overwhelmingly complex, frightening, and completely unheard of in previous human history!
Using the information in the article below, you will be able to decide this issue for yourself. It will become clear very quickly if we are already well into a global collapse process or not!
Below you will discover:
1. A master list of the most dangerous global problems and challenges fueling and accelerating the collapse we now all face over the next few decades.
2. The first warning signs that situations essential to your survival are falling apart and will likely collapse, and that you need to get prepared or get out of their way.
3. How the worsening of the major global challenges listed below will eventually lead to the mass extinction of most of humanity by mid-century. And most importantly,
4. What we must and can still do to prevent, slow down, and survive the cascading convergence of endless catastrophes from the following global challenges interacting and amplifying each other or going over their tipping points. (At the end of this article you will find a practical and detailed plan on how to do this.)
Your understanding of the following global collapse processes and your preparation for it will be a major factor affecting your future comfort and safety. Depending upon your current location, the following information could determine the survival of everyone you love.
Our Current Global Emergency
It appears that the world is unraveling with a COVID-19 pandemic, growing economic uncertainty, public loss of faith and trust in our governments, global warming, civil unrest, racial injustice, species extinction, and much more. As you will read below humanity is no longer dealing with single-incident, non-interconnected local crises. Humanity has entered into a deteriorating and undeclared globalized emergency involving almost all of its critical global survival and stability systems, (the climate, the environment, the economy, our political and social systems etc.)
As you read the following it is good to think of the many out-of-balance critical global systems like the wild, angry and attacking heads on the dragon below.
There are many critical global challenges (below) causing the current cascading convergence of worsening global catastrophes which collectively are rapidly diminishing the likelihood of having a liveable future for both ourselves and future generations.
Today's most dangerous global challenges fueling the likelihood of the first great global collapse are:
Global Challenge 1: Resolving the current COVID-19 global pandemic. Directly and indirectly, the current COVID-19 pandemic is due in significant part to the loss of natural wild animal habitat caused by global warming and other man-made causes such as eating more wild and not domesticated animals, the exploding and hungry world populations crowding into urban areas, and the overall deterioration of global health services.
If a vaccine is ever found, the COVID-19 pandemic is estimated to go on around the world until mid to late 2021 or even into early 2022 before everyone is vaccinated. If no vaccine is found, like what has happened with AIDS, Lyme disease, and many other viruses over the last 30 years, we will be living with the effects of COVID-19 until a “herd immunity” is developed and if that immunity is even applicable to this virus. A somewhat safer global herd immunity could take as many a 3-5 years to develop.)
Global Challenge 2: increasing global economic instabilities that are leading to regularly reoccurring global and national recessions or depressions over shorter and shorter time periods. (These recessions and depressions are fueled by existing economic weaknesses, lack of financial reserves, huge national deficits, low financial system resilience, and major unexpected shocks or events (like COVID-19,) hitting the global markets and global financial systems.
COVID-19 is predicted to create a global financial recession or depression that could last until late 2022 or until 2025 or as long as 2030. (Ten years for recovery from a COVID-19 global recession or depression is not that long when you consider that ten years is the time it took to recover from the 2008 global banking and housing meltdown and recession.)
Global Challenge 3: ever-rising over-population, (the Earth has the carrying capacity for about 1 1/2 - 2 billion people. Currently, we are near 8 billion people adding about 130 million additional people each year racing to 9.8 billion by or before 2050. (About 50 million people a year normally die.)
We are way over sustainable population levels already yet, no government other than China seems willing to set a one child per couple policy! Future and current generations will suffer unthinkable catastrophes because, as humanity, we failed to manage the size of our global population to match the carrying capacity of our global environment and the Earth's available resources.
Please note that as the global population continues to rise, the additional population serves to further amplify and multiply the most harmful consequences of almost all the 12 other global challenges and consequences listed on this page.) One could easily say that overpopulation and its inherent over-consumption beyond our carrying capacity is also a major cause behind today's global warming emergency. (Please click this carrying capacity link to learn more about why this rapidly rising overpopulation challenge is so dangerous.)
For a candid and balanced article on the immense suffering caused by our overpopulation global challenge, please see this article, Population, the Great Knee-Jerker: A Holistic Survey and Plea to Reduce Suffering.
Global Challenge 4: Over-consumption causing ever-rising global resource depletion (aka overshoot) caused by overpopulation, toxic pollution of water, lands, and air, crop failures, overfishing, topsoil loss, resource distribution injustice, and the massive “overconsumption and waste” of the Earth's finite resources. Global resource depletion will significantly increase food shortages and cause soaring food prices leading to more starvation and mass migrations. For example, the following are estimates of when only a few of our critical global resources will be depleted; freshwater 12 years (2032), fish stocks almost totally gone by 2050, adequate topsoil for crop growing gone by 2070. (See this page to see 90 percent of fish stock already overfished and to see charts on how this loss will throw much of the world into starvation.)
Of particular concern is the depletion of phosphorous critically needed for crop fertilizers. Adequate access to this could run out in as little as 35-45 years.
If you still do not believe that massive resource depletion and overshoot is a huge soon-arriving problem? Watch this fantastic resource overshoot video with great graphics and global resource depletion amounts and time frames in simple illustrations by Hugh Montgomery, a noted English professor. (We strongly recommend you watch this video for all of the food and non-food resources that are in an accelerating depletion peril. [Forward the video to the 10 minutes and 30-second mark to begin watching Professor Hugh Montgomery's compelling graphic presentation.])
There are also many other critical mineral and non-mineral resources that will also run out soon, click here for more about these.
Global Challenge 5: escalating pollution of lands, air, and waters. Ongoing and accelerating toxic pollution kills crops, fish stocks, and poisons our air, water, and soil creating and accelerating all types of global health, social, and economic problems. (Ocean heating and ocean acidification from carbon from global warming will eventually kill off much of the oceans' oxygen-producing plankton. These plankton are responsible for as much as 50% of all oxygen produced on the planet.)
Global Challenge 6: loss of biodiversity, we are having more plants and animals go extinct than at any other time in human history. This is due to an ongoing and accelerating loss of natural habitat due to overpopulation, global warming, overuse, pollution, etc. (Leading Stanford University biologists, who were first to reveal that we are already experiencing the sixth mass extinction on Earth, released new research this week showing species extinctions are accelerating in an unprecedented manner, which may be another tipping point for the collapse of human civilization.)
Global Challenge 7: growing economic inequality, social and racial injustice, hunger, and poverty. Today less than 1% of the world's population owns more than 50% of all wealth. Over for the last several decades, this ownership percentage continues to grow in favor of the wealthy.
Growing economic inequality and poverty often increase food shortages and often cause food prices to soar leading once again to mass starvation and mass migrations. This year (2020,) 130 million people are lacking adequate food and could starve to death. COVID-19's effect on the world economy could double that number of the next few years. Over the following decades, global warming consequences will raise that number into the hundreds of millions eventually rising well past a billion.)
Global Challenge 8: Escalating local, regional, and international criminality, conflicts, terrorism, and war. Expect these population-destabilizing security and stability threats to increase in their intensity, frequency, and scale. This threat escalation will occur from the urban and rural local levels to regional and international levels.
Vastly increased levels of survival-driven criminality, conflicts, terrorism, and war will be due to the world experiencing almost all of the global challenges on this page getting steadily worse. Global nuclear war or widespread chemical or biological war is also a real and escalating threat as most of the global challenges on this page worsen. Nations with nuclear, biological, or chemical weapons will compete to the death for the few global warming safer lands or the dwindling food and other resources.
Global Challenge 9: Mass migrations, political and economic instability, increasing terrorism, conflicts, and war plus global warming and many of the other listed global challenges on this page will both create and expand sudden, massive migrations of millions then billions of desperate refugees and climagees. During this phase, as most of the listed global challenges on this page intensify, various stronger governments will order precautionary evacuations of selected individuals and groups to limit casualties and losses from their most vulnerable areas. Before 2030-2035 because of global warming alone, the world will see hundreds of millions of climagees (climate refugees.)
Global Challenge 10: New COVID-19 like pandemics as well as other new and older disease epidemics that will likely flare up every decade. This will in part be due to global warming melting of the permafrost, loss of natural animal habitat, eating more wild animals, overcrowding, less resilient health systems, mass migrations, wars and conflicts, and many of the other challenges and consequences listed on this page.
Additionally, new and older disease epidemics will occur more frequently and be more severe because of the abuse of antibiotics in animal product production. This abuse has resulted in bacteria that are now resistant to every known type of antibiotic. Worse yet, because of accelerating global warming, more COVID-19 type global pandemics could come as often as every decade. The AIDS virus became widespread in the late 1970s, the SARS virus in 2003, the MERS virus in 2012, and the Ebola virus in 2013. Click here for more about how escalating global warming may begin producing COVID-19 like pandemics every decade.
Global Challenge 11: increasing political instability and collapsing governments. Fueled by existing internal and external conflicts, soaring deficits, and the intensifying global challenges listed on this page, poorly managed nations with weak economies and low existing resilience will fall first. In 2020 we already see numerous countries on the verge of economic or political collapse. As the increased stresses of these listed global challenges continue to increase upon all nations, stronger nations will also steadily collapse. And finally, what is the most dangerous challenge and collapse accelerator of all.
Global Challenge 12: The ever-accelerating global warming emergency. This global warming emergency is causing escalating desertification, sea-level rise, flooding, deforestation, reef collapse, droughts, wildfires, extreme storms, and the spread of diseases through epidemics and pandemics. All of these global warming specific consequences are increasing scale, severity, and frequency as our average global temperature continues to rise.
Accelerating global warming is the single greatest disruptor and global threat multiplier of the 21st century. It can directly or indirectly significantly amplify and multiply the adverse consequences of almost every other global challenge listed on this page. The global warming emergency of itself, if not resolved soon, will cause the deaths of most of humanity by mid-century. Worse yet, because of global warming long before 2050 we will also cross three extinction-evoking global warming tipping points. (These three critical global warming tipping points are described here.)
Global warming is also very bad for the world's economy. The rising consequences of the global warming emergency will consume larger and larger percentages of every nations Gross Domestic Productivity (GDP.)
As global warming reaches its later Climageddon Scenario phases, it will become more likely that we will destroy ourselves in a massive war or nuclear conflict over the remaining resources or global warming safest lands.
Excluding the challenge of having no real global government (which is an evolutionary, structural, and developmental issue) and immediate global thermonuclear war, our out of control global warming is the single most dangerous global challenge today. It is also the most dangerous global challenge because:
a.) It is also the most immediate and probable meta-trigger for the growing possibility of a chain reaction of whipsawing and simultaneous ecological, economic, social, and political catastrophes and converging global system collapses involving directly or indirectly most of the other critical global challenges listed above.
If you think about accelerating global warming as a brightly burning match that will ignite the highly explosive and destructive "fuels" already existing within most of the other 12 critical challenges listed above, you would have another good idea why we have to get the global warming emergency under control as our immediate and top priority.
b.) Global warming is a severe security threat already unfolding. It is causing substantial global problems right now and, it is rapidly growing toward crossing four critical extinction-evoking tipping points. It is in fact, already all but out of our control. It can and will end most of the human species within our lifetimes if we do not act soon!
When you are done reading this page which describes the many detailed steps and processes of the global collapse process below, please also see the Climageddon Scenario extinction prediction model for all details on both the consequences and timeframes of the global warming emergency.
How the major global warming consequences will unfold as disruptors and threat multipliers accelerating and amplifying a mass extinction event by mid-century
We will experience the following global warming-related consequences. As time passes, they will and increase in frequency, severity, and scale.
Many of these consequences are interconnected and interdependent. Some also exist in transforming relationships and interconnected processes that can amplify or multiply the other's consequences or, in effect, disrupt our abilities to control these consequences.
When reading the following global warming consequence list, keep in mind that the consequences listed earlier on the list are occurring now or will be occurring first. The consequences listed near the end of this list will take longer to unfold.
The consequences listed below are the critical and powerful warning signs to watch for in the news for you to know that the global warming emergency is accelerating and worsening in your area.
Unless we reach the 2025 targets, most of the following consequences will significantly increase in frequency, severity, and scale over the next several decades:
1. increased atmospheric heating which increases average global temperature,
2. shrinking sea ice and ice shelves, glaciers and snowpack,
3. extreme storms of all kinds, (hurricanes, tornadoes, Derechos, rain bombs, bomb cyclones, etc,)
6. fires and wildfires,
7. flooding and sea-level rise,
8. we cross the mass extinction-preventing carbon 425 ppm climate cliff and last battle line. This crossed climate cliff begins a major acceleration for crossing more and more global warming tipping points. (We are projected to cross the carbon 425 ppm level by 2025 or before. (To read the precise, detailed, and complex processes, steps, actions, and reactions that take place as we cross the carbon 425 ppm climate cliff, please go to this page and go to the section called, "The first extinction-accelerating tipping point that we will cross at or before 2025: the carbon 425-450 ppm tipping point.")
9. increased releases of methane from melting tundra and permafrost, (methane as a heat-producing greenhouse gas is about 80 times more powerful than carbon,)
10. accelerating reef collapses around the world, which negatively affects fish spawning and feeding areas, which causes more collapse of global fish populations, which causes more human starvation around the world. (This is because fish protein is a major source of food for the world's poorer populations.)
11. ever-increasing crop failures (because of heatwaves, rain bombs, droughts, flooding, wildfires, and other extreme weather) increasing mass starvation and causing soaring food prices. (Please note that the world's five principal grains (rice, wheat, maize [corn], millet, and sorghum,) are particularly vulnerable to crop failure when temperatures are near or above 100 degrees Fahrenheit more than 20-30 days during their regular growing periods.)
12. new disease outbreaks, epidemics, and more COVID-19 like pandemics in areas where they have never been before. (This is due to loss of natural animal habitat, eating more wild animals, additional melting of the permafrost, overcrowding, less resilient health systems, and mass migrations. Because of accelerating global warming consequences, we could soon be experiencing COVID-19 type pandemics as often as every decade.)
13. increasing economic losses. (most nations will spend an ever-increasing percentage of their total gross domestic product (GDP) directly or indirectly paying for the many growing consequences of the global warming emergency. (Estimates for how much of a nation's total GDP will be spent on dealing with rising global warming consequences run from about 5% within a decade to as high as 30% within about 30 years.)
14. as the preceding consequences occur, real estate prices will drop and then begin steep declines in the areas most affected by global warming consequences. At the same time, real estate prices will rise and continue rising in the few areas that will be least affected by accelerating global warming consequences. As the following consequences take place, the described destabilizing real estate changes would increase at even faster rates.
15. as the preceding consequences occur, home and business insurance rates will rise steadily in the areas most affected by global warming consequences. At some point, insurance companies will begin canceling existing home and business insurance within all global warming high-risk areas. At the same time, home and business insurance rates will be much more favorable in the few places that will be least affected by accelerating global warming consequences.
As the following global warming consequences occur, home and business insurance rates and insurance cancelations will increase at even faster rates. When home and business owners can't get fire, flood, and other critical insurances at manageable rates, it becomes far more challenging to maintain or sell existing homes or businesses. This growing uninsurability eventually causes the resale prices of homes or businesses to crash.
16. clean drinking water scarcity,
17. forests that were a major stabilizing force absorbing carbon become neutral in their carbon absorption and stop taking carbon from the atmosphere. Some forest locations like the Amazon and the Boreal die-back/collapse are already releasing their vast carbon stores, pushing temperatures higher even faster. As global warming worsens, many more forests will release carbon instead of absorbing it,
18. toxic air pollution from global burning and use of fossil fuels (millions are dying every year from this alone,)
19. mass human migrations to the global warming safer zones (You will hear about these mass migrations more frequently in the news. They will often be described as conflict migrations. These actually are mass migrations initially caused by global warming consequences making living conditions unbearable. These unbearable conditions then cause the local population to react or rebel because of their many global warming-enhanced hardships.),
20. The runaway melting of ALL global ice tipping point. This is the second major global warming extinction-accelerating tipping point estimated to occur sometime from 2042-2067 or when we reach carbon 500 ppm, whichever comes sooner. (To read the precise, detailed, and complex processes, steps, actions, and reactions that take place as we cross the carbon 500 ppm tipping point, please go to this page and go to the section called, "The second global warming tipping point that we will cross as soon as 2042-2067 or earlier: It creates a runaway global ice melt."
21. animal and insect migrations,
22. loss of biodiversity,
23. at some point, a single incident global warming catastrophe will cause 1/2 trillion dollars in damage. When this happens, far more people will take notice and begin preparing for further disasters, as described in these emergency preparations. Once this point is reached, the facts of the Climageddon we face will no longer be able to be hidden.
24. ocean acidification, (Ocean heating and ocean acidification from carbon from global warming will eventually kill off much of the oceans' oxygen-producing plankton. These plankton are responsible for as much as 50% of all oxygen produced on the planet.)
25. jet stream disruption, (additional disruption of seasonal weather patterns,)
26. decreased albedo from reduced snow cover (and sea ice extent.) This causes increasing Arctic and global heat. This decreased albedo also increases Arctic wetland and permafrost melting. Melting permafrost contains massive amounts of carbon and the much worse methane that would be released into our atmosphere, pushing us much closer and far faster into a self-accelerating runaway global heating scenario.
27. oceans overheating and instead of absorbing atmospheric carbon, they begin releasing it (which also further increases global heating, all of which results in more heat speeding up the whole process of more positive feedback loops, more points of no return, and more crossed tipping points.)
28. soils overheating and instead of absorbing atmospheric carbon, this will cause the soils to also begin releasing more carbon back into the atmosphere further increasing heat,
29. slowing continues in the Atlantic Current. This further destabilizes global weather and our normal seasons.
30. increasing amounts of methane are continuously released from methane clathrate crystals on coastal shelves because of warmer oceans (this further increases heat, possible ocean current change resulting in extreme weather changes, all of which once again results in more heat speeding up the whole process of more positive feedback loops, more points of no return and crossing more tipping points. For more about this mass extinction methane tipping point and time bomb, see the third extinction-evoking global warming tipping point on this page.)
31. The runaway mass methane release tipping point. This is the third major global warming extinction-accelerating tipping point estimated to occur sometime from 2063-2072 or when we reach carbon 600 ppm, whichever comes sooner. (To read the precise, detailed, and complex processes, steps, actions, and reactions that take place as we cross the carbon 600 ppm tipping point, please go to this page and go to the section called, "The third global warming tipping point we will most probably cross as soon as 2063-2072 or earlier: It creates runaway methane releases accelerating the total extinction threat"
32. massive tectonic plate weight change from weight changes in melting ice and rising seas above the tectonic plates causing increased earthquakes, tsunamis, and volcanoes, all of which except the earthquakes and volcanoes results in more heat speeding up the whole process of more positive feedback loops, more points of no return and crossing more tipping points.
33. The runaway global warming total extinction tipping point. This is the final global warming extinction-accelerating tipping point estimated to begin sometime from 2070-2090 or when we reach carbon 750 ppm, whichever comes sooner. (To read the precise, detailed, and complex processes, steps, actions, and reactions that take place as we cross the carbon 750 ppm tipping point, please go to this page and go to the section called, "The fourth and most dangerous global warming total extinction tipping point, that we will begin crossing into sometime after 2070: It creates the runaway greenhouse gas effect global and total extinction."
We strongly recommend that you copy the above global warming emergency warming signs and consequences and post them on a wall. As you hear new media reports you will be able to see the consequence patterns evolving and this will assist you to adjust your emergency preparations.
What happens when all 12 of the above critical global challenges "feed" into each other and amplify each other's worsening consequences?
Welcome to the rapidly unfolding first great global collapse.
The future is not just a single global challenge getting worse. It is almost all of them getting worse at the same time as well as these global challenges pushing other challenges faster and faster toward their tipping and collapse points. This means that those living today (and future generations) will face a cascading convergence of worsening global catastrophes, which collectively will crush the probability and possibilities of having a liveable future.
If left managed ineffectively, hundreds of millions then billions will suffer and die. Paradoxically, because so many will die, many of the above challenges will lessen dramatically or be radically reduced because there will be so few people left competing or fighting for survival. There could also be a point where most of the coming mass die-off will not be coming solely from starvation, global warming, or other global challenges. It will come from new scarce resources or border wars that could even go nuclear as the few remaining stable nations try to retain their boundaries and survival.
Take a few moments at this point. Ask yourself the following questions. How long do you think humanity can muddle on into the 21st century without effectively resolving the above critical global challenges as they continue to get worse; 2030, 2040, 2050, 2060, 2070, or the end of the 21st century?
Are our leaders and governments being effective in handing all most or even any of these critical global challenges to our future?
"No existing emergency preparedness program, government, NGO or international organization is even remotely close to being prepared for, or capable of recovering from the large scale convergence, whipsawing, and amplification of almost all of Earth's greatest global challenges fueled and accelerated by the great disruptor and keystone threat multiplier of accelerating global warming.
This "Great Convergence" of all of the current global challenges has the power to create a whole global system collapse never before seen or experienced in human history. This "Great Convergence and Great Collapse" is also the 'perfect storm of perfect storms' and the most likely spiraling initiator and combined cause for the extinction of most of humanity by mid-century. This great convergence of poorly managed emergencies will be the cause and trigger for the first great global collapse" --Lawrence Wollersheim
To help you understand only the global warming side of "Great Convergence and Collapse," review the following global warming cascading meltdown illustration starting from the bottom up! Starting from the bottom, this illustration reflects the unfolding natural progression of ever-worsening and interacting consequences and tipping point processes that will occur as global warming continues to escalate pushing us toward our extinction.
The top of the illustration shows you the later phase Climageddon Scenario extinction model consequences. The bottom shows you the earlier consequences. For now just get a general idea of all the global warming consequences, tipping points, and human system factors will be interacting and colliding as well as amplifying and multiplying each other as the Climageddon extinction scenario unfolds in phases and waves. (Full explanations of each tipping point and consequence are found here, the 11 key global warming tipping points and, here the 20 worst global warming consequences.)
Remember to start reviewing this illustration from the bottom up beginning with the heating of global warming escalating!
How the Great Global Collapse will likely unfold and how it will affect everyone in its path
In one way or another, directly or indirectly, as the above list of heat-driven global warming consequences increase in severity, frequency, and scale (because of our failure to meet the life-critical 2025 global fossil fuel reduction targets,) the following things will also occur as we grow closer to our a doomsday for humanity and the collapse of global civilization. While you are reading them, imagine how these consequences might control or destroy essential areas of your life, family, business, or nation.
Many of these consequences are interconnected and interdependent. Some also exist in transformational relationships and processes which can amplify or multiply each other's consequences, or disrupt our abilities to control these consequences.
Here are the critical warning signs to watch in the news to know that the global collapse process is accelerating and worsening:
How the worst global warming consequences will interact with, accelerate, and amplify our other 11 major global challenges!
Many of the following global consequences are occurring today at some level. Most of the following global consequences directly or indirectly will significantly increase in severity, frequency, and scale as we grow closer to a global system collapse and extinction for much of humanity by mid-century.
When reading the following global collapse consequence list, keep in mind that the consequences listed earlier on the list are occurring now or will be occurring first. The consequences listed near the end of this list will take longer to unfold.
No single global challenge-related consequence below creates mass extinction entirely of itself. But, cumulatively, synergetically, and as these consequences unfold in more and more waves of increasing severity, frequency, and scale, they will eventually bring about mass extinction, global collapse, and consequently, doomsday. The consequences listed below are also critical warning signs to watch for in the news for you to know that the global collapse process is worsening or accelerating in your area:
1. Because of increased global warming and other global challenge-related work disruptions, the total human capacity to work outside or produce inside will go down significantly. This will cause more business and product distribution interruptions, business, and personal uncertainty as well as more unemployment and homelessness.
2. There will be less food available from failed and shrinking food crops due to many of the extreme climate consequences such as extreme heat, droughts, flooding, rain bombs, nonseasonal weather, and other extreme weather events.
3. Many food prices will rise considerably more than the normal cost of living increases. (For example, fish prices will rise considerably as the remaining over-stressed fish stocks are depleted to near extinction.
4. More people will be starving.
5. The cost of living, for repair, maintenance, building, or rebuilding in global warming safer areas will continue to rise significantly. There will be more homelessness everywhere.
6. There will be increasing pandemics, disease, and epidemics as conditions worsen and health services are stretched thin.
7. There be increasing mass migrations of starving, sick, and unemployed people fleeing from the many climate consequences as well as from an ever-increasing number of unstable or collapsed economies or nations.
8. There will be widespread, survival-driven criminality by larger and larger portions of a starving, unemployed, homeless, or migrant populations. (Imagine increasing numbers of desperate individuals and groups trying to stay alive by any means possible. Now imagine your favorite dystopian movie like Mad Max. This will give you a small taste of what the future struggle to stay alive will be like as most of the global challenges mentioned earlier continue to worsen.
9. Because of the growing survival-driven criminality, migrations, and social and political chaos, governments will impose states of emergency and martial law resulting in increased severe restrictions, suffering, and the loss of many hard-won human rights. Nations will be forced to become more military and totalitarian in their control of the population to deal with the growing losses, chaos, and shortages of essential resources.
10. As the social, economic, and political chaos spreads, it will trigger more regional, national, and international conflicts and more conventional wars. There also will be a significantly large potential for a nuclear, biological, or chemical war. These conflicts and wars will be due to increasing food and other resource scarcity, scarcity of global warming-safe land, unstoppable mass migrations, and the other consequences listed on this page.
11. When all of the above items are taken collectively, it will cause even the strongest nations' economies and political systems to collapse.
12. Once many of the national governments have collapsed, the nuclear reactors, chemical, and biological weapons, and their manufacturing, service, and storage facilities will become compromised. This is because there will be no of few functioning national governments to maintain basic safe operations or security for these sites. Hundreds of millions will sicken and die as nuclear reactors go critical and meltdown spewing toxic radiation worldwide. Millions more will sicken as die from the releases of insecure biological weapons and industrial chemicals. If too many nuclear reactors go critical and meltdown, the radiation circling the planets will kill off everything.
13. As all of the above intensifies, human suffering and global deaths will continue to rise exponentially. Human deaths will eventually reach mass extinction or even total extinction levels, and what we have known to be our civilization will collapse. Mass extinction is much of humanity by mid-century.
14. If there are any unlucky survivors after the global collapse, they will most likely enter a new Dark Age. But, this will not be like the Dark Age that occurred during the Middle Ages. It will be far worse because most of the natural resources available during the original Dark Age already will have been depleted, and much of the planet will be toxic. And finally,
15. If we do not experience total extinction in a complete runaway global warming event, and we make it through the post-collapse new Dark Ages, in that case, it will take centuries to thousands of years for nature and the climate system to come back into balance. Only then will the conditions suitable for humans to thrive once again exist-- if any humans are left at that time.
Hopefully, at this far distant time, any surviving bands, clans, tribes, or communities still functioning will have learned the first great global collapse lessons, and they will have changed their behaviors. They will now model the needed new behaviors, such as the principles of sustainable prosperity and the principles of evolutionary success, among other new possible policies to finally resolve all of the issues raised in the global challenges described above.
If these survivors have genuinely learned the lessons from the first great global collapse of civilization, they will develop a new worldview and new more fair, and workable economic, political, and social systems. This new worldview will provide the tools and opportunity for a tremendous new re-building and reboot of humanity.
Humanity will have an opportunity to experience a unique renaissance where humankind and nature come into a balance that allows both to flourish once again. Whatever is left of humanity will hopefully once again, restart the greatest evolutionary adventure in our history.
Fasten your seat belts. Strap on your shoulder harness and put on your helmets. We are entering the extreme turbulence of the beginning of a global collapse process. The COVID-19 pandemic and the current global recession/depression are just a very small beginning of it.
Unfortunately, it is going to get a whole lot worse before our governments take our current emergency situation seriously and act! The baby boomers (born from 1946 to 1964) are likely to be the last generation that will experience any near-continuous measure of stability, security, and safety during their lifespans. But even they will have a very rough ride as they approach the end of their years.
And finally, we strongly recommend that you copy these global collapse warming signs and consequences and post them on a wall. As you hear new media reports you will be able to see the patterns evolving and this will assist you to adjust your emergency preparations.
Five big reasons why most of our above critical global challenges have not been solved or will be nearly impossible to fix
The following are not all of the reasons that it is highly unlikely that we will be able to resolve the above global challenges. They are only several of the most important and overarching reasons:
Reason 1: Our failure to evolve effective global governance with the needed legislative, judicial, and enforceable executive powers to solve all of the global challenges that cross national borders. If you think about it deeply, you will discover that this critical evolutionary failure of not having yet developed effective global governance is a core structural cause of why most of the above global challenges have not been resolved, and they continue to worsen.
Even though it looks like someone manages the well-being of the planet as a whole from the United Nations or our international treaties, this is an illusion! No one governing body is effectively or responsibly driving the global "car," and it is speeding toward a cliff without a driver.
Reason 2: Wealthy vested interests have compromised the effectiveness of our national governments. More often than not, our national government's decisions are not based on the general population's long-term wellbeing. They are based on increasing the short-term financial and power advantages of a very few ultra-wealthy individuals and corporations funding politicians openly or secretly. Consequently, decisions favoring the interests of the privileged ultra-wealthy most often harm the general well-being of the many.
Reason 3: We have hunter/gatherer's brains developed before the stone age, trying to manage the twenty-first century highly complex, self-organizing global systems. The physical structure of our minds has not advanced in over a million years. Our biological brains were developed in response to the simple stone-age demands of hunting and gathering food.
Our stone age brain structure cannot sufficiently understand or do all of the complex data, analyses, and calculations needed to manage complex adaptable systems like the global climate, the global economy, the global environment, and balancing and managing international and global politics without endless war and conflicts.
The average planetary IQ is only about 100. Even genius-level individuals (IQ 140 and up) cannot stay up with the ever-increasing amounts of new information and ever-increasing technical and other global system complexities. To cope, our stone-age brains automatically revert to behaviors based on emotions, self-interest, and the comfort of superstitions. Consequently, we regularly do not understand or see the most severe problems within the various global systems until it is too late to avoid the worst possible catastrophes, i.e., the global warming extinction emergency and the ongoing collapse of global civilization. (Both of which are occurring because of either the convergence or the amplification of the global challenges listed above.)
Reason 4: Most of our current leaders have both stone-age minds and stone-age leadership qualities.
We are still evolving members of the ape family. We proudly try to distance ourselves from our ape animal roots by calling ourselves, humans. Despite our cultures continually trying to make us unaware of being evolving animals, we are all still mostly subject to our ancient biological animal drives, and so too it is with our current leaders.
Most of our current leaders had to have a high degree of stone-age alpha male qualities, or they would have never become leaders in their area. Those stone-age alpha leadership qualities are used to command the pack with fear of violence, actual violence, and deceit. They most often use these and other aggressive intimidation tactics for maintaining their power, privilege, and self-interest.
Stone age alphas will give excellent lip service to the common goals or the greater good of all, but they are always cleverly protecting and forwarding their own interests or adding to their assets, most often, at the expense of those they lead.
Unless society can remove these unevolved stone-age alphas from group leadership positions, it will continue to have the world we have now, and it will be far more difficult fixing it.
This deficient stone-age leadership problem means societies worldwide will soon need to establish minimum levels for their leaders' cognitive, social/emotional, and moral developmental levels. To manage the complexity and vast amounts of modern society information, our societies should also set minimum educational and intelligence levels for all critical leaders. We also need to ensure our leaders are well versed in scientific falsification methodology, basic logic, systems thinking, ethics, and dialectical meta-systemic thinking (Otto Laske.)
Not only should there be minimal developmental and skill levels set for all critical leadership positions, but there also should be recommended levels for cognitive, social-emotional, and moral development, education, and intelligence. This way the population can make better choices about who to elect or choose for their leaders for critical positions. (Luckily, science has already laid out the highest levels of human cognitive, social-emotional, and moral development in the works of Abraham Maslow, Claire Graves, Robert Kegan, Lawrence Kohlberg, and Otto Laske.
Today's world does not need more aggressive, self-centered, and genetically confident stone-age alpha leaders. We need more of the new and evolved alpha leaders.
To successfully solve the world's current challenges, societies must eventually remove all stone-age alpha leaders from its most crucial power positions. It must replace them with the best-educated, smartest, and most cognitively, social-emotionally and morally developed new alpha leaders.
With these highly-evolved new alpha leaders, we will have the leaders needed for today's complex world. They will be the leaders genuinely dedicated to using their skills and gifts to resolve our current problems in ways that truly improve the collective's overall wellbeing.
For more about dialectical meta systemic thinking, click here.
Reason 5: Our stone-age impaired brains are also being attacked and compromised by 4th generation mind control technology enabled by supercomputers, advanced algorithms, artificial intelligence (AI) software, and today's social media and search platforms. This social media-enabled mind control attack of hidden manipulation is not only enhancing tensions and polarizing people worldwide. It is also causing people to no longer be able to reason out or understand what is true or fake.
This mind control is dangerous because, without the ability to see and know truth from falsehood independently, the world will continue making terrible decisions on our many global challenges. Social media fake news propagation is also super-charging racial, ethnic, religious, and national political tensions worldwide to make matters worse. This super-charging effect will eventually and most certainly produce more racial, ethnic, religious, and national conflicts, maybe even new race, ethnic, religious, and national wars.
Before we describe the basics of 4th generation mind control, we strongly recommend to first watch the shocking Netflix documentary called The Social Dilemma. It will set the necessary foundation for you to understand the invisible tactics used and to know why fourth-generation mind control is already another severe and vast problem inhibiting our ability to solve our current global challenges. Additionally, the everyday use of fourth-generation mind control by social media companies is not only inhibiting our ability to think and solve our global challenges; it is also significantly accelerating the worse consequences of those challenges.
In this new documentary, you will hear top executives from Silicon Valley's most prominent social media companies telling you the world is in a new grave danger, and that we must regulate and remove this danger immediately. They also will warn you that AI and supercomputers have twisted social media into a new form of ultra-sophisticated, hidden nano-manipulation whose fundamental purpose is to get you to change your opinions, beliefs, and sense of identity to ultimately change your behavior without either your awareness or conscious consent.
Once you have viewed the Netflix documentary called The Social Dilemma, you are ready to continue with this brief explanation of the four generations of mind control:
a. First-generation mild control is almost as old as humanity. It appeared in ancient Egyptian and other cults where a member was put through many highly restrictive, cathartic, and stressful experiences. This process would often also involve the use of drugs and a fake death and a "miraculous drugged "rebirth from the "death" experience. The reborn individual would then assume the cult's new identity because the cult had saved their lives.
The subject usually also became a fanatical true believer. First-generation mind control was time-consuming and labor-intensive. Think of it as a one-by-one assembly line. (For more, see the initiation rites of Hashish Assassins.)
b. Second-generation mild control was advanced in the 1950s when modern psychology tactics were integrated with many ancient first-generation cult tactics. The Russians, Koreans, and the Chinese all used second-generation tactics in their Gulags and though-reform prison camps on political dissidents. The Koreans made second-generation mind control effectiveness famous when the captured US Air Force pilots and used it so effectively that the pilots went on International TV and denounced America and the American way of life.
Second-generation mind control was more refined and also less time-consuming. Numerous handlers were still needed in the prison camps to execute the program to apply and maintain continuous stress on the subject until they broke. Think of an assembly line that could produce more cost-effective mind control victims whose opinions, beliefs, and identity had been radically changed. (For more, search the descriptions of what was done in Korea to downed US pilots during the Korean war.
c. Third-generation mild control was advanced in the 1960s by cults like Scientology, the Moonies, and Hare Krishna. Here coercive influence tactics of modern psychology were integrated with many of the ancient first-generation cult tactics. Unlike the Russians, Korean, and the Chinese Gulags and their use of thought-reform prison camps, these modern cults had refined the mind control tactics to newer micro-influence levels no longer requiring physical constraint or physical abuse.
Third-generation mind control was less time-consuming and labor-intensive because it could be done not one-by-one, like in earlier mind control generations, but on a whole group of people at the same time. This group application was achieved by controlling almost every area of their existence by the cult. (What they wore, ate, thought, did, etc.)
Stress was still applied continuously but more skillfully, secretively, and gradually in micro-steps. Think of a faster, better coercive influence group assembly line, which also could produce more cost-effective mind control victims whose opinions, beliefs, and identity had been radically changed more efficiently and faster. (If you read George Orwell's 1984, you will have a good idea of what life was like inside these third-generation mind-control cults. For more, search for what was done to victims of the cults mentioned above in the many lawsuits filed against them.)
d. Fourth-generation mild control began not long after the creation of social media, and Silicon Valley launched the new search platforms. Fourth-generation mind control makes the very significant big jump from an individual or group application to mass application. No longer did one have to be imprisoned or even be in a high-control, high restriction cult to be the victim of this new hidden and even more dangerous mind control.
Fourth-generation mind control uses supercomputers, artificial intelligence, complex algorithms, the psychology of influence and behavioral change, tightly controlled echo chambers, and some earlier generation deceit and hidden influence tactics. Fourth-generation mind control can create a meaningful and continuous influence over the subject in gradual nano-steps. These nano-steps make it even easier to change the subject's opinions, beliefs, and even their core sense of who they are (their identity), and they have no idea this is even being done.
Fourth-generation mind control is the least time-consuming and labor-intensive because it is done mostly by machines. It is being done to billions of people simultaneously, not just the small groups as in third-generation mind control. Stress is still applied continuously but far skillfully, secretively, and more gradually than in any other generation.
Think of a faster, better mass production assembly line that can more cost-effectively produce billions of mind control victims over the next few decades. Think of it as the fastest, most invisible, and advanced technology of modern civilization being used against our stone-age brains. Yes, our stone-age brains will never have a chance unless we regulate and ban them from being used on our children or manipulating every person now using social media. (For more, watch the Social Dilemma documentary on NetFlix. In clear and precise ways, it will show you the many subtle and invisible ways that today's social media is using fourth-generation mind control to invisibly change your opinions, beliefs, identity, and behavior without your awareness or consent.
What must we do to have anything like a livable future!
We need to handle the greatest and most certain core threat first before it crosses tipping points of no return. Then we can move forward on the other global challenges more effectively and wisely. First things first. It is that simple.
In spite of 35 years of warnings about the global warming emergency, we have not slowed the single greatest accelerator and threat multiplier to the future other than immediate nuclear war, accelerating global warming. We have failed horribly in fixing global warming and most of our other global challenges.
We have a herculean challenge in front of us! It will drastically affect the economy, but it can be done.
We shut down the world's economy for months because of fear of dying from COVID-19. And, it is likely that the world's economy will not recover soon because of COVID-19 restrictions that will remain in place until a vaccine is found.
If we were able to shut down the world's economy because of our fear of millions dying in the COVID-19 pandemic, we could also do what is necessary to reduce global fossil fuel use to reach the 2025 targets because of our fear of billions dying in the global warming emergency.
We must start this difficult process of "first things first" by getting the "last chance" 2025 global fossil fuel reduction targets successfully executed (or at least get as close to them as possible) or, within just a few decades, we all will go over the climate cliff and cross the three extinction-evoking global warming tipping points making the future unlivable. If this happens we will not be able to ever fix most of the other critical global challenges! (Click here for learning about the 2025 global fossil fuel reduction targets.)
The only way we will have any chance of having the necessary time and resources to manage and fix our other critical global challenges and prevent their cascading catastrophic convergence in an end-of-humanity civilization collapse scenario, we must first get the global warming and climate change extinction emergency under control as our highest priority!
Here is how we can do this while also solving or improving many of the other global challenges listed above. Click here to see the Job One for Humanity Plan to manage and survive the global extinction emergency and get our other most critical global challenges under better control. It also includes the way to create a sustainable prosperity for all!
If you believe or feel a cascading catastrophic convergence of the above global challenges to be a real possibility and threat within your lifetime, then take some time now to review this honest and effective new plan to help mitigate and prepare for our current global warming emergency so that we are still able to resolve our other 12 challenges.
Click here for the Job One for Humanity Plan. It will help you to survive global warming and help manage or resolve many of the other 12 global challenges listed above!
Here is what you now know from this article:
1. The most critical global challenges we now face.
2. The warning signs something essential and close to you is about to fall apart, and you need to get prepared or get out of the way.
3. How the most critical global challenges if left unresolved will lead to our mass extinction and a global collapse in just decades.
4. What we must do to prevent (or survive) the cascading convergence of catastrophes from these global challenges. We must act immediately as one human family to resolve these challenges starting with the global warming emergency.
Knowing the above is vital to the future wellbeing of yourself, family, business, and nation. It is time to fasten our seat belts, attach our shoulder harnesses, and put on our helmets and protective gear. The world is heading into extreme turbulence due to the convergence of accelerating global warming and our 12 other global challenges.
Click here to see the Climate Change and Global Warming Doomsday Clock and see how much time we have left.
If we fail to meet the collapse-preventing 2025 global fossil fuel reduction targets in time...
then they will need to immediately switch over to leading humanity into executing a global warming and global challenge crisis emergency plan or Plan B for HUmanity.
Click here to review the global warming emergency PLan B. It covers what we all will need to do if we fail to hit the correct 2025 global fossil fuel reduction targets. as well as how to manage and improve some of the other global challenges listed on this page )
Plan B for Humanity is our last chance emergency back up plan!
Plan B Note: Also, consider the following regarding a4C average global temperature increase. Though scientists by 2010 had made 4C the new 2C, no-one will be alive to experience 4C. Fortunately, after the IPCC 1.5C Report, they backpedaled and made 1.5C the danger limit and in 2020 called for the immediate and rapid decline of global emissions for mitigation. Any temperatures above 2C are moot because 1.5 to 2C triggers end of the world runaway global warming, and many climate researchers believe that it's probably already triggered.
How to keep the difficult and disruptive facts on this page in a balanced and positive perspective
We will be able to avoid or delay some of the coming global warming consequences, while other consequences are unavoidable due to our ignorance, incompetence, inaction, or selfishness. Despite the types of consequences we now face, we can learn from their feedback and adapt and evolve. No matter what we face, we can keep working together as one human family toward achieving the best possible remaining outcomes.
We can make a significant difference and stabilize and save the future by executing the comprehensive Job One for Humanity global warming action plan. We also can maintain the perseverance needed to succeed by regularly reviewing the many benefits which we will unfold as we work successfully on this together.
While we persevere, we must never forget that our greatest challenges are also the seeds of our greatest opportunities. We must continually realize that we are engaged in the most critical and meaningful evolutionary adventure in human history! This adventure is nothing less than removing the global warming extinction threat and, in so doing, indirectly improving most of the world's 12 other major challenges.
Please send this article to politicians and social media all over the world. Ask your politicians what they are doing to prevent the coming mass extinction of most of humanity by mid-century?
Ask them why they are not adequately managing the greatest threat multiplier and global problem amplifier of the 21st century by enacting the governmental steps described here!
Send them to the Climate Change and Global Warming Doomsday Clock.
For additional global warming extinction emergency information:
To avoid global warming extinction we must meet the very difficult 2025 global fossil fuel reduction targets found here.
To find out why we will not make the 2025 targets, click here.
This article discusses in detail most of the 11 known and many unknown climate tipping points.
This new article on the global warming emergency that has been read over 900,000 times.)
Here is what our governments need to do immediately! Only government action can save us at 11:55 pm on the Climate Change doomsday clock. It is too late for individual actions alone to prevent hitting midnight on the Global Warming Doomsday Clock.
Here is what we need to do to prepare, adapt, or migrate until our governments act responsibly and save humanity and our global civilization (as described in the link just above.) To learn more about the Job One Doomsday Plan B, click here.
For information on all 11 major global warming tipping points and how global warming tipping points work, click here.
For detailed descriptions of the 20 major consequences of global warming, click here.
Click here to read about these post-2025 extinction-evoking global warming tipping points which we can not pass beyond. This page provides the timeframes for each tipping point and the critical science on the process for how we go over the four extinction-evoking tipping points, which leads to runaway global warming, total extinction, and doomsday.
Click here to read about the necessary 2025 global fossil fuel reduction target. All developed nations have to reduce their total fossil fuel use by 75% by 2025. Underdeveloped nations, which did not cause the current global warming emergency, have lower targets. Lower targets for underdeveloped nations are both fair and morally just since they played a much smaller part in creating the current global warming extinction emergency.
If we fail to hit the 2025 fossil fuel reduction targets there are other deadlines and timetables critical to know for the changing preparation and adaption timeframes for the accelerating global warming emergency. Please click here and go to our member's area critical timeframe update on these issues as soon as possible. This timetable October 2020 update is vital if you want to prepare your family or business for what now appears to be unavoidable!
Click here for a full timetable of consequences found within each of the 6 phases of the Climageddon Extinction Scenario.
This new analysis was provided by the Universe Institute
The global warming emergency is taking place within a larger context of other global emergencies. Job One for Humanity focuses on educating individuals and businesses about what is avoidable and what is not avoidable within the context of our rapidly unfolding global collapse processes.
To help slow this global collapse process, we further focus on the global warming because accelerating global warming presents the greatest and fastest arriving extinction threat other than a nuclear war. We also focus on it because of the principle of "do the first most critical things first."
If the statement that we are already in a process of global collapse seems untrue or exaggerated to you, please click here. This page will discuss the most dangerous global challenges we currently face and how they are accelerating due to our lack of success in managing them.
The many steps we promote for resolving global warming (the single greatest threat multiplier and disruptor of the 21st century,) will also slow down or mitigate many of the world's other escalating global challenges. If we do not manage the global warming extinction emergency on a "first things first" highest priority basis, there will be little to no opportunity or time left to resolve it, much less the world's other escalating global challenges also fueling the global collapse process.
At Job One for Humanity, we will show you how to survive and thrive through the global warming extinction emergency and many of the coming global collapse processes.
Welcome to the greatest evolutionary challenge, opportunity, and adventure in human history. How to prevent the first great global collapse.
Simply stated our challenge is; how we will manage the accelerating global warming extinction emergency and the world's other critical systemic challenges to save as many of us as is possible as well as the best of our global civilization before it is too late. The really good news here is that if we are successful with this survival-critical task as one human family, we also preserve our ability to build a thriving, sustainable, and equitable future for all."
Resolving the most dangerous global warming emergency while the world's other critical challenges are also getting worse will be extremely difficult, but doing so will be tremendously rewarding in that in doing so it will also increase the meaning, purpose, and joy we bring to our lives. Additionally, getting global warming under control will significantly improve the other global challenges.
We will also receive these many other surprise benefits with our success. Please click here at some point to read The Surprise Benefits of Global Warming, the most-read page on our website.
Our new mission is to help, inform, and inspire you:
1. to prepare for and adapt to the coming global warming consequences as well as the world's other critical challenges.
2. to do everything you can to help the world prevent a global warming-caused mass or total extinction event. This means helping humanity and the world radically slow down global fossil fuel use so that if we can't avoid a mass extinction event at least, we can avoid total extinction." (Click here to see how we must and can slow down the global use of fossil fuels.)
3. to do everything you can to live the principles of Sustainable Prosperity. While we work collectively using the Job One Plan to slow down accelerating global warming as much as possible, we also need to build and expand a thriving and sustainable future for all. (Click here to see what you can do to live more sustainably.)
4. to do everything you can to save and salvage as much of your family, business, humanity, and our civilization as we can for as long as we can. This "save and salvage" action is also necessary as a backup plan because as it looks now, our odds are not good that we will successfully manage the critical accelerating global warming challenge. (To meet this challenge we must hit or come close to the 2025 global fossil fuel reduction targets. Only this will fully prevent a global warming mass extinction event by mid-century and the first great global collapse.
(See the full Job One for Humanity climate change and global warming emergency Plan B for how you can prepare, adapt, migrate as well as save and salvage as much as is possible so that at least some of humanity will thrive in the future. Also, click here to see why our odds are not good for succeeding in managing global warming in time.) And,
Why this Recent Mission Upgrade?
"You cannot be called an alarmist if there really is something to be alarmed about." Unknown
Job One for Humanity is primarily a non-profit global warming research analysis organization. It uses well-researched materials and analysis on this website and from other reliable climate sources.
Because of this research many of our staff, members and visitors have already come to the conclusion concluded that unless we make the required massive and extremely difficult 2025 global fossil fuel use reduction targets, a major portion of humanity is on its way to immense suffering and a mass extinction event unfolding within their lifetimes. They also are at least partially aware that this imminent mass extinction threat comes from the accelerating global warming emergency crashing directly into and further worsening most of these other major global crises currently facing humanity.
Many (if not most) of our staff, members, and visitors have also realized the battle to prevent a global warming-caused mass extinction event from unfolding within our lifetimes has already most likely been lost! This is due to our wasting the last 35 years of warnings, crossing more and more critical global warming tipping points, and the extremely high probability that we will be unable to meet the required 2025 global fossil fuel use reduction targets for these dozen plus reasons.
Worse yet, if we do not come at least, very close to reaching the 2025 global fossil fuel use reduction targets total extinction and the end of civilization is also on the table for our long-term future. Yes, we do mean that global warming caused mass extinction is now virtually unavoidable, but we still have a little time left to act to avoid total extinction!
When you read our website and the often shocking facts we present, please keep in mind that our government leaders have utterly failed to see the coming pain and suffering of the COVID-19 pandemic, nor did they adequately prepare for it! Our government leaders are also not seeing or adequately preparing for the global warming extinction emergency, which is already happening and, will be far, far worse than COVID-19!
Because of this life-critical in-action by our governments, we must find a way to compensate for that failure. Our new mission focus is our way of compensating.
(If you still believe the battle to prevent a global warming-caused mass extinction event within our lifetimes is realistically probable, please read the following two links in the order given. You will discover why the Job One organization, as well as most of our staff, and many members and visitors have now been forced to deal with the bitter new reality of a global warming-caused mass extinction event occurring within the next 30-50 years.
But, far more importantly, because of the above new global warming mass extinction reality, there is a critical new battle we must fight:
1. This battle is to prepare, adapt, migrate (where necessary,) and become far more sustainable while we still have time. And,
2. While we are doing this, we also do whatever we can "to help slow down global warming enough so we can save and salvage what we can, while we still have time to prevent a total extinction event."
This is the new global warming battle as we see it now. Success in this new battle is still potentially achievable, but only if the 2025 global fossil fuel reduction targets are fully embraced and acted upon immediately!
When you are ready to begin it, here is a quick overview of our detailed four-part Job One for Humanity Plan to achieve the updated mission below. Click the image below after reading the rest of this page.
Our Full Plan to Achieve Our Mission
This new mission statement above requires that we update our current Job One for Humanity global warming plan in the priority as shown below:
a. help individuals understand we are already facing an unavoidable global warming-caused human, animal, and biological species mass extinction event already unfolding and reaching its peak over the next 30-50 years. Our governments have once again failed us in preparing for and managing the global warming extinction emergency just like the failed us in preparing for and managing the COVID-19 pandemic before it became a worldwide catastrophe!
We can no longer avoid these mass extinction consequences but at least, we can prepare for them, adapt to them, become more individually sustainable and, where necessary, migrate away from them and maybe, slow the global warming emergency down if, we act quickly and wisely! It is also time for us to get our Plan B emergency survival preparations in place. And lastly,
b. however, and whenever we get through this extinction emergency, if we get through it, help build a more sustainable, smarter, and more equitable world. We will also help people see that this greatest of all emergencies in human history is also the greatest of all opportunities for whoever can and will survive it. (See this link for all of the good that can still come out of this catastrophic situation.)
If we have the staff and resources at a later date we may also:
c. offer tools and information to help individuals deal with and process the tremendous emotions of anger, anxiety, and depression once they fully realize the already unfolding extinction emergency and dilemma that we have created for ourselves. (See this link for more on this.) Also, see our UniverseSpirit.org website And,
d. help to educate other environmental groups on what they can do to slow down and ultimately prevent the unfolding of a total extinction event (see Job One Plan Part 3 and Part 4.) (Preventing total extinction can only be achieved by coming very close to the 2025 global fossil fuel use reduction targets!)
The above mission mainly means that today is also the day to begin your global warming extinction emergency Plan B to prepare, adapt or migrate to save and salvage whatever you can while you still have the time to do so.
It also means that the combined efforts of the world's environmental groups must slow down global warming enough (by getting sufficiently close to the 2025 global fossil fuel use reduction targets,) fast enough to have enough time for humanity to prepare for, adapt to or migrate to survive what is coming and to avoid total extinction.
Never lose sight of the fact that if we get very close to reaching the 2025 targets, more of humanity will survive longer and more comfortably, and that we can still prevent a total extinction event so that some of humanity and civilization might survive.
(Please note: In its most abbreviated form on our website, we shorten our new mission statement to the slogan; To Prevent Global Warming Extinction.
If we can slow global warming down to at least, come close to the 2025 global fossil fuel use reduction targets:
a. more individuals will survive longer and more comfortably and,
b. some part of humanity and our civilization may continue to exist.
The Full Version of Our Mission Statement
The following full and expanded mission action steps are done in the given priority order (or simultaneously if enough staffing and financial resources allow.)
Our primary mission actions:
A. Help individuals prepare for and adapt to surviving in a world where most of humanity will suffer and die by mid-century from crop failures, starvation, resource shortage wars, and the many other horrible global warming consequences within our lifetimes while working to prevent total extinction and run-away global warming.
At this point, we have to face the fact that all we may be able to do in response to our accelerating global warming is to save and salvage whatever we can to prevent the complete extinction of humanity and the end of civilization. (Information on how to prepare and adapt so more of us live longer and suffer less is contained in Part 1 of the Job One Plan and Part 2 of the Job One Plan.)
B. Help individuals or groups create sustainable lifestyles and new eco-communities in global warming-safe locations so some of humanity and civilization survive.
This would help ensure that enough of these new eco-communities are established and prepared enough to survive the escalating onslaught of an unavoidable chain of global warming catastrophes.
These experimental eco-communities will also be essential to help carry forward the survival of humanity, human culture, and civilization. Please see the Universe Community sections of our sister website for the information on why these new eco-communities are essential to our future. You will also find the information you will need to create a sustainable eco-community in a global warming-safe zone.
C. Do what we can to support a government-driven migration, infrastructure transfer, and emergency backup a "Plan B" for the world.
We need to begin to save, salvage, and protect whatever we can of humanity, civilization, and animal and biological diversity by transferring as much of them as is possible to global warming safer zones. We need to put a "Plan BP into place immediately. Click here to see our current Plan B. (Also see Part 3 of the Job One Plan in Section 2 for details on these government-driven actions. See the heading called, "How to Prevent Mass Human Extinction: The World's Emergency Backup Plan." This action is a secondary action because Job One's few resources do not give us much influence in this area.)
D. Motivate our politicians (and their governments) to slow down global warming enough to come as close as possible to the 2025 targets to allow us more time to prepare and adapt so we can save and salvage more of humanity and civilization for a bit longer. These actions could also help prevent total extinction from run-a-way global warming. (Job One is primarily a global warming research analysis and global warming solutions-engineering organization.)
This is done by getting very close to the last chance 2025 targets. To get close to the 2025 targets, our politicians have to create and enforce new global fossil fuel reduction laws quickly. (See Parts three and Part four of the Job One plan for the government-driven actions needed to do this. This action is a secondary action because Job One's few resources do not give us much political influence.)
E. Help people move through anger, anxiety, and depression once they realize that the extinction emergency we have created for ourselves is real and, our it is current global warming reality.
We provide healing and encouraging information for processing global warming's difficult emotions, such as found on this page. Where staffing and resources allow, we also promote group discussion sessions in different locations for the same purpose.
Most importantly, we have learned that the fastest healing occurs after one accepts the correct facts as they are and then begins the process of adapting to those facts as best as is possible. How to best adapt to our current emergency can quickly occur once one gets active on the proven Job One For Humanity Plan for managing, slowing, and surviving the coming global warming consequences.
F. To help slow down the global warming extinction emergency, get governments, NGOs and environmental groups educated that they need to stop using the United Nation's incorrect global fossil fuel targets and deadlines and get them to start using the correct 2025 targets to help prevent total extinction.
The UN is still using the incorrect global fossil fuel reduction targets and deadlines created by their own Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (the IPCC.) (The IPCC is considered the world's leading authority on global warming and what should be done about climate change.)
IPCC's current incorrect target and deadlines for global fossil fuel reduction are as follows; we need to make a 40% reduction in total global fossil fuel use by 2030 and then reach net-zero carbon emissions by 2050. The colossal danger with the IPCC's wrong targets is, these wrong deadlines and targets are now being used to set the correctional global warming strategies for the world's governments, NGOs, and largest non-profit environmental groups.
These wrong targets make it impossible to come close to reaching the 2025 legitimate targets because our governments, NGOs, and environmental groups are aiming at the wrong target destinations and deadlines. Click here to read the simple science for what makes the IPCC's current global fossil fuel reduction targets and deadlines so dangerously wrong!
The IPPC's current targets and deadlines mentioned above are entirely inadequate and will not save us from a global warming-caused mass extinction event in time. Worse yet, when you have incorrect global fossil fuel reduction targets and deadlines forwarded by recognized authorities, it thwarts and delays humanity's ability to understand or execute the correct fossil fuel reduction targets.
Ironically, if we cannot get the world's governments, NGO's and environmental groups to promote the correct 2025 global fossil fuel reduction targets and deadlines, realistically, how likely is it that we will ever achieve the life-critical 2025 reductions? If we can slow down the occurrence of the predicted mass extinction event by somehow getting close to meeting the 2025 targets, we will, at least, have more time to prepare for, adapt to or migrate as needed. (For the specific government-driven actions need to be done to at least come close to reaching the 2025 targets see Part 3 of the Job One Plan.
G. Once (or if) we have survived this extinction emergency and we have learned the painful lessons it will teach us, Job One and the new eco-communities mentioned above will promote a new survival-proven understanding of equitable and sustainable living to all the mass extinction event remaining survivors.
These new eco-communities also will help transform the trauma and unthinkable losses of the coming Great Collapse and Great Die-off into a springboard for the Great Rebuilding and for a better-informed more sustainable and equitable world.
This temporary evolutionary regression and later Great Rebuilding experience described above also will create a better and more equitable world for ALL that could thrive for hundreds of more generations. If the Great Collapse and Great Die-off is inevitable because we continue to refuse to alter our unsustainable fossil fuel and other behaviors, then at least, the Great Collapse and Great Die-Off can be used as a launching pad for a new, better beginning for those parts of humanity that survive. (Click here to learn about that the new ideas of a Sustainable Prosperity for all.)
Our Best Hope to prevent total extinction
The best news of the Job One for Humanity mission is that our crossing of the carbon 600 parts per million (ppm,) extinction-level tipping point can still be slowed down just enough so that some smaller portion of humanity can still survive. This life-critical slowing can only be achieved by immediately enacting the greatest government-driven mass mobilization of our civilization's resources toward the singular goal of radically cutting global fossil fuel use to at least, get very close to the 2025 targets. (See Job One Plan, Part 3.)
If we fail to prevent crossing the carbon 600 ppm level we will enter the beginning phases of run-away global warming!
Unfortunately, most of our world is presently locked into some form of global warming denial, global warming ignorance or intentional deception. Most of the world isn't even close to realizing how bad global warming already is nor, how bad it's going to get.
Most of the world still believes the distorted and incorrect IPCC global fossil fuel reduction targets and deadlines which will fast track us to global catastrophe and Climageddon! Most of the world also has no idea things are going to get very rough far sooner than anyone's telling us (except for this organization.)
Because of the rapidly unfolding global warming mass extinction scenario, our collective job one is first to prepare ourselves, our families, and our businesses for what is coming. Our second job is to do our best to slow down global warming enough so that a least a few of us survive. Our third job is to enlighten those few brave and bright individuals who also will soon see, feel, or understand what is coming.
The future will not be easy.
Our world will be changing dramatically in the following decades.
We at Job One for Humanity will do our best to help inform and support those who are ready to adapt to and navigate this uncertain and dangerous future which has now become a banquet of unavoidable and, unthinkable consequences.
How we will achieve our mission, Part 1
Within another 3-6 years of 2019, we will, unfortunately, cross the carbon 425-450 parts per million (ppm) climate cliff. This is the first critical extinction-evoking global warming tipping point. This climate cliff will occur without fail when we miss or do not come very close to reaching the 2025 global fossil fuel reduction targets.
It is a matter of simple math and physics. The cycle of more fossil fuel carbon going into the atmosphere equals more heat, which equals continually escalating global warming consequences. (Click here to learn about those escalating consequences.)
When that happens, we will rapidly pass the next two extinction-evoking carbon 500 and 600 ppm tipping points with all of their additional unthinkable and unavoidable consequences.
Logically, what our organization must now do is to promote actions that will help us survive the consequences of crossing those three extinction-evoking tipping points and the coming mass human, animal, and biological extinction event for as long as is possible. The way some of us will survive this traumatic outcome is for Job One for Humanity to successfully achieve the following additional objectives:
a. warn society they must start preparing and adapting to survive what is coming now through our strategy of "shock and challenge" about the current out-of-control state of global warming (for as long as the next 30-50 years.) Our governments must start adapting to and preparing for what is coming and immediately reduce fossil fuel use to achieve or come very close to the 2025 targets. ("Shock and challenge" is a process where we state something critical about global warming, and then we challenge individuals to prove it wrong.)
b. shock our politicians awake to the global warming extinction emergency and the new threat of total extinction with the scientific evidence that global warming is far, far worse than they have been told. (As volunteers and resources allow.)
c. promote the highest level of national and international cooperation and mass mobilization in human history to combat global warming. We either cooperate at the highest levels and scale, or most of us will eventually die together. If we die together, it will be in an ever-worsening meltdown of global warming consequences and crossed tipping points. (As volunteers and resources allow.)
d. respectfully disrupt any politicians, individuals, or organizations that do not educate or create effective policies and programs about the real global warming extinction emergency. This policy of disruption is especially valid for those individuals or organizations that present false or misleading information as to the accurate targets and deadlines needed for global fossil fuel reduction. (After focusing on politicians, this disruption would also include disrupting some of the world's most prestigious environmental organizations. If we can't get the world's leading environmental organizations working as one focusing on the correct fossil fuel reduction targets and deadlines, there is scant hope that humanity will make the correct fossil fuel reduction targets and survive. (Click here to see our respectful disruption policy.) (As volunteers and resources allow.)
e. provide individuals with practical new strategies designed to help them recover from the damages of global warming-aggravated disasters both physically and financially. We have created a Global Warming Disaster Preparation, Recovery, Relocation, and Migration Information Center. (As volunteers and resources allow.)
f. work to restore the carbon ppm level in the atmosphere (now at about carbon 414 ppm,) back to its original preindustrial human-safe level of about carbon 250 to 270 parts per million. This return to carbon 250-270 ppm is only possible if we can meet or get very close to the 2025 global fossil fuel reduction targets. and then begin a secondary program to make the additional global fossil fuel reductions to bring atmospheric carbon levels all the way back down to carbon 250-270. (As volunteers and resources allow.)
g. Utilize this great emergency as a great opportunity to build a smarter, better world, however, and whenever we get through this extinction emergency. (See this link for all the good that can still come out of our current horrible global warming situation.)
How we will achieve our mission, part 2
- We use the best and most up-to-date climate science available.
- We work toward achieving our mission in a way that embodies cooperation, empathy, and justice.
- We promote honesty and realistic global warming hopes. That hope is, there is a real opportunity for a part of humanity and civilization to survive, learn from our mistakes, and build a much better and more equitable world. But this new world is ONLY possible if, we cooperate and prevent or long delay crossing the carbon of the carbon 600 ppm extinction-level tipping point.
- We vigorously promote that there is no other way to survive the total extinction emergency unless we come together immediately and work together. (As one human family, we must reach or come very close to the 2025 global fossil fuel reduction goals.)
- We promote a global mass mobilization and governmental actions for radically increasing green energy generation. This mass mobilization will not solve the fossil fuel problem, but it will help slow down the coming consequences a bit more to save more individuals.
- We promote doing what is deadline and effectiveness prioritized, and only in the proper sequence to save as much of humanity and civilization as we can. (See the Job One Plan here.)
- We provide honest global warming consequence prediction timetables and a new model called the Climageddon Scenario. (This is critical and continually updated prediction information will keep you from being surprised so that you have adequate time to prepare for and better adapt to the unavoidable coming consequences.
- We use the new Job One Plan to help individuals slow and lessen what is now unavoidable, cope with the emotional implications of out of control global warming, create emergency preparedness, and effectively adapt as long as we can for a highly uncertain future.
- We will do everything we can to get every organization, business, or nation to promote reaching the 2025 targets and the sacrifices we must now make.
- We foster tapping into your deepest philosophical and spiritual reserves. These foundations will help you endure, make sense of and transform the tremendous suffering and sacrifice ahead of us to the betterment of humanity and future generations.
- We promote utilizing this unprecedented, urgent, and challenging situation to enhance and expand the meaning and purpose of our lives, and to help us develop and broaden our character.
- We promote maintaining as positive perspective throughout all of the coming hardships. Click here to see a summary of the 16 surprise positive perspectives on things that can happen in this emergency that might help you sustain a positive outlook.
- We actively promote enjoying your life today as fully as is possible. This policy is because there are no guarantees and we may not succeed. Today may be the best it will ever be for a long time.
- We practice that there is no one to blame for this out of control global warming extinction emergency. For the last three decades, our current government systems have so protected or incentivized fossil fuel use as well as ever-increasing commercialism and waste, that curtailing it was all but impossible. Additionally, the climate is so complex that only a handful of individuals had the intellectual bandwidth and the climate expertise to fully grasp how global warming could become out of control so fast. Those few individuals who knew did not have sufficient governmental influence to prevent global warming from going out of control. The last thing we need to do in this extinction emergency is to polarize and waste resources in energy-depleting blame.
- Our organization which normally educates solely on climate change and global warming has at this time, expanded its educational blog posts to cover other areas of the other critical challenges and crises facing the world today. Recently we have covered the pandemics of COVID-19 and racial injustice. In covering the wisdom or inappropriateness of the actions and policies of any politician or political party mentioned in any post on our website, we are neither endorsing that politician or political party nor are we making a statement about what a voter should do in relation to that politician or political party.
The substeps to achieving our full mission for individuals are:
- to help individuals understand and then predict and adapt to the next wave of global warming-aggravated disasters that almost all of us will inevitably experience. We will provide updated warning signs. Click here for that information.
- to educate individuals and groups on how to create lifestyles and livelihoods of real Sustainable Prosperity. This sustainability, along with crucial primary collective actions by our governments will, in turn, also help slow and lessen the speed of this rapidly unfolding catastrophe.
Another helpful and healing perspective on the global warming extinction emergency
Many individuals using this website also have come to see that humanity has entered a temporary evolutionary regression period as it has done so many times in the past. During this temporary regression, life as we usually know it will get worse for a while before it gets better.
In this period of temporary regression, humanity will learn the necessary hard new lessons about the real price of fossil fuel pollution, poor international cooperation, and the importance of maintaining healthy ecological systems. The great news here during this temporary regression is that if we are smart and work together, we can still have full, meaningful and enjoyable lives while we work to restore the critical climate balance to our life-supporting Earth systems and build a better world for when we make it through this mess.
Now that you know more about our mission, become a Job One member and supporter. Our information will be critical to protecting yourself, your family, and future generations.
(Job One for Humanity is part of the 25-year-old 501c(3), IRS recognized, and Guidestar Bronze Star recognized tax-deductible nonprofit organization called Factnet.)
The Painful "Whys" Behind the Urgency of Our Mission
Our members and web visitors appreciate Job One because we tell the hard truths and we treat them with respect as adults. Those harsh new facts are:
a. Global warming extinction is no longer a remote possibility coming sometime after 2100 as we been lulled into believing by our government's inaction and the false and incomplete climate analysis by the IPCC. A massive human, animal, and biological extinction event will be arriving in many areas of the world as soon as the next 30 to 50 years. Again, this is because it is highly improbable we will make or even get close to the required 2025 radical global fossil fuel cuts!
b. We are already in an undeclared global warming extinction emergency. (Click here to see why.)
d. Many of global warming's very worst consequences are already unavoidable no matter what we do right now!
e. A global warming-caused mass extinction event and die-off will be unfolding and worsening over the next 30-50 years if we miss coming very close to the 2025 targets as it now appears we will do.
f. If we do not come very close to the 2025 targets we will be also facing a total extinction event.
The most important reasons for why must we press on and meet or get as close to the 2025 targets as is possible in spite of all the above challenges
If we do get close to the 2025 targets, as much as 50% of humanity will suffer and die due to starvation over a relatively short period (1-2 decades.) As horrible as much as 50% of humanity as well as a lot of animal and biological life suffering and dying is, this outcome is still far better than having most of humanity suffer and die by mid-century (or even all of humanity,) if we fail to reach or come very close to the 2025 global fossil fuel reduction targets.
There are three things we can always be sure of during this global warming emergency. In spite of all of the challenges and adverse global warming outcomes that are possible and discussed above (and on this website,) the single constant truth for the best possible outcome for humanity is that; the faster and more we reduce global fossil fuel use toward meeting or getting as close as possible to the 2025 targets:
a. the more people that will survive longer to carry on humanity, life, and our beautiful civilization into the future, (See Parts 3 and 4 of the Job One Plan for how to do this.)
b. the surviving future generations will suffer far less from an ever-increasing sequence of escalating global warming consequences and catastrophes, and
c. we will "buy" ourselves more time to prepare and adapt to what we can no longer avoid, (see the global warming Plan B and survival kit here.)
More people surviving longer and more people having time to get themselves, their families, and their businesses prepared for what is coming is an undeniable good particularly when you weigh it against the unavoidable consequences of doing nothing or failure to make the needed sacrifices to get global warming under control.
In Summary, humanity may survive by achieving achieve the following objectives:
A. Ensure the world meets (or gets very close to,) meeting the 2025 global fossil fuel reduction targets. by getting our politicians to pass and enforce the necessary laws. This will give us the time we need to prepare and adapt. (See Job One Plan Part 3 for everything our governments must do to reach the survival-critical 2025 targets.)
B. Educate the world about how to execute an individual, business, or national emergency backup "Plan B."
C. Continue to present an accurate, rational but very limited hope for humanity's future wherever we offer painful facts about our current global warming extinction emergency. This rational hope is solidly based on what is still possible and practical to do. It includes presenting the great opportunity this great emergency presents, which is to build a smarter, better world for whoever might survive! And if we have the resources,
D. Educate larger and better-funded, non-profit organizations with vastly more influence than Job One. Get these organizations to use their greater influence get our politicians to meet or get very close to the critical 2025 global fossil fuel reduction targets. (Job One is a small, non-profit organization with very limited reach and resources.)
E. The core message of our organization and this website is:
2. If we pass beyond global warming extinction-triggering tipping points, it will be because the forces of nature (the systems and subsystems of our climate, atmosphere, and ecosystems) have seized control. This loss of human control will happen because of the immutable laws of physics relating to our atmosphere's escalating fossil fuel carbon pollution levels.
3. If we fail to meet the 2025 global fossil fuel reduction targets and cross the extinction-triggering tipping points within decades, there will be an unavoidable mass human extinction event and die-off (most of humanity by mid-century.)
4. If we get our governments to act immediately to achieve the 2025 global targets using the effective fossil fuel reduction steps (described here,) we still have time to adapt, save ourselves, and thrive as well as prevent a total extinction event!
5. Global warming is the greatest disruptor of the 21st century. It is also a threat mega-multiplier for these other critical global challenges.
Other than avoiding nuclear war, the global warming extinction emergency has become the prime driver for having a future for humanity and our civilization on Earth. If we allow global warming to go out of our control by missing the 2025 global fossil fuel reduction targets by a large amount, there is little hope that we can still avoid global warming total extinction event or control the escalating consequences of the world's other critical challenges.
On the other hand, if we do get the climate change and global warming emergency under control, we will experience 2 major global benefit collections:
Climate Change and Global Warming Benefit 1 - A beautiful world and having any livable future we get if we make the right choices and meet the 2025 global fossil fuel reduction targets.
Imagine a world with clean, fresh air that did not kill us or make our children ill. Imagine a world of new livelihoods and lifestyles where former fossil fuel workers transform our transportation system. Imagine them building fast, green bullet trains and expanding universal access to self-driving electric vehicles eliminating the need for most private transportation and parking lots.
Now imagine existing parking lots and the roofs of our many buildings becoming organic gardens or parks or, solar panel farms. Imagine our cities transformed into safe and healthy places and healthy forests, soils, waterways, and oceans again helping to clean our air and water and feed us sustainably.
We still have time to fix our global warming mess by reaching the 2025 global targets and have all these good things and much, much more. We still have one last opportunity to keep the world from getting so warm that it will kill off most of us, but only if we choose to resolve the fossil fuel caused global warming emergency.
Imagine we make the right 2025 global fossil fuel reduction target choices, and in doing this, we also become good stewards of the world and our futures.
And finally, imagine we do we make the urgently needed 2025 global fossil fuel reduction targets. We have preserved hope for both ourselves and for future generations that life will go on and that the quality of our lives will get better. By acting now we get to experience and preserve for ourselves and future generations the opportunity to survive and thrive and experience a true sustainable prosperity.
Climate Change and Global Warming Benefit 2 - When we resolve the single greatest disruptor and threat multiplier of the 21st century (which is accelerating global warming and climate change,) we will be simultaneously reducing many of the negative consequences of the world's other critical systemic challenges listed near the top of this page.
As we resolve global warming At the same time we will also be making the world's critical challenges far easier to resolve! To see a detailed and expanded description of each of humanity's other critical global crises to better understand how important it is for us to manage our global warming emergency, click here.
We can build a beautiful, more sustainable world and future for all, but only if we manage global warming.
Most of our best social, economic, and political values, goals, and human rights will become far easier and more probable to achieve once we get our accelerating global warming emergency resolved. (Those values, goals and human rights are shown in the Sustainable Development illustration below)
Resolving global warming allows us to make continuing progress on addressing all of the world's other critical systemic challenges! On the other hand, if we do not get global warming fixed and the climate continues to de-stabilize at the current rate, there will be no way to make continued progress or ever realize most of these vital values, goals, and human rights.
We can create the world in which we and future generations will love to live. We can build a new world of far greater peace and security!
To do this first we have to get the global warming emergency resolved. This will facilitate and expedite our possibilities for reaching all of the following wonderful life-enhancing Sustainable Development and Sustainable Prosperity Goals.
Said in a different way, here are just a few of the potential evolutionary changes in values, goals, and processes that will be far easier to improve or make once accelerating global warming is under control. We will be better able to:
1. reduce our destructive consume/pollute/waste consumerism,
2. end critical resource depletion and create resource rebalancing,
3. end racial and educational justice,
4. create universal healthcare,
5. end wealth and income equity,
6. create housing and employment equity,
7. allow for the return and strengthening of biodiversity because of reduced pollution and encroachment into natural habitats,
8. create the next evolutionary economic fair exchange system beyond our current corporate greed-based capitalism. This new economic system rely upon the false fundamental principle of unlimited growth within the closed and limited Earth system. And,
9. create effective global governance based on the collective wellbeing of all planetary citizens vs. our current corporatocracy for the benefit of a wealthy few that we have now. (To begin to repair corporatocracy we would need to remove all personhood rights from corporations, hold them strictly responsible to the principles of the triple bottom line and make them pay for all pollution and harm they cause upon the public commons.)
All of the previous items will help build a sustainable prosperity and a just and equitable future for ALL of humanity, including all biological life. All of the above things can help create a global civil society with individual human rights and responsibilities held in appropriate balance with community and government rights and responsibilities. (To learn more about the many new principles of the sustainable prosperity of the future, click here.)
Before reading on, please take a moment and visualize how much better your life and our world will be when all of the beautiful values and goals listed in Benefits 1 and 2 above are improved, stabilized, and achieved!
(To see all of the 18 other benefits of working toward solving the global warming emergency, click here.)
(To see the expanded details on the other critical global challenges we must face and resolve to have a future, click here.)
The above is all you have to remember for now about global warming and your future. Many of the pages on our website will show you the exact science behind these five simple statements to verify what we are saying is true. You can start that verification process here or continue reading.
The ultimate and still remaining global warming question for every person, business, religion, and the government on Earth to answer
We were grossly unprepared for the COVID-19 pandemic despite repeated warnings by our scientists. We are woefully unprepared for the coming global warming extinction emergency and we have once again have ignored the warnings of our scientists.
If we continue to fail to act effectively, we face unavoidable mass human extinction for most of humanity by mid-century and total extinction within as little as 50-70 years.
We have already all but lost the battle to avoid global warming mass extinction by our being so far away from hitting the 2025 global fossil fuel reduction targets.
The ultimate remaining global warming question for every person, business, religion, and the government should be most concerned about at this time is:
"Will we, at least, come close enough to the critical 2025 global fossil fuel reduction targets so that humanity can avoid total extinction?"
How to keep the difficult and disruptive facts on this page in a balanced and positive perspective
We will be able to avoid or delay some of the coming global warming consequences, while other consequences are unavoidable due to our ignorance, incompetence, inaction, or selfishness. Despite the types of consequences we now face, we can learn from their feedback and adapt and evolve. No matter what we face, we can keep working toward achieving the best possible remaining outcomes.
We can make a significant difference and stabilize and save the future by executing the comprehensive Job One for Humanity global warming action plan. We also can maintain the perseverance needed to succeed by regularly reviewing the many benefits which we will unfold as we work successfully on this together.
While we persevere, we must never forget that our greatest challenges are also the seeds of our greatest opportunities. We must continually realize that we are engaged in the most critical and meaningful evolutionary adventure in human history! This adventure is nothing less than removing the global warming extinction threat and, in so doing, indirectly improving most of the world's other major challenges.
If you feel our mission is important to your future and you want to support it and see it succeed:
Click here to make a fast, easy tax-deductible online donation.
For additional areas of global warming information and news:
If you want to learn the story of our organization and more about how this just recently upgraded mission statement came about, click here.
Click here for some surprise benefits of our global warming extinction emergency. (We strongly recommend that everyone reads this good news section to help counterbalance the difficult news about our current global warming extinction emergency.)
To learn more about the full Job One Plan that will is designed to achieve the mission above, click here.
If you want to know how we got ourselves into this catastrophe, click here and go to the section How this Gross Misinformation Occurred.
If you want to learn the most accurate way that you can personally tell if we are making progress in reducing global warming, click here.
If global warming caused extinction seems unrealistic to you, please see the phased global warming extinction process as it unfolds described in the Climageddon Scenario overview here or more fully in the new Climageddon book. You doing You doing
We are, unfortunately, already moving rapidly through the 6 phases of the Climageddon Scenario extinction model. Click the preceding link to learn more. (The timetables for global warming's 20 worst consequences and 11 key tipping points are found on our website and in the new book Climageddon.)
(Since 2008 our mission has bee upgraded as global warming facts, research and conditions change. This is the mission statement upgraded to version 6.1, June 3, 2020.)