"You cannot be called an alarmist if there really is something to be alarmed about." Unknown
The Short Version of Our Mission
"To do everything within our means to help individuals, businesses, and nations survive a global warming-caused mass extinction event which will unfold over the next 30-50 years.
The primary way humanity will survive global warming-caused mass extinction is to successfully achieve the following objectives:
A. Ensure the world meets (or gets very close to,) meeting the 2025 global fossil fuel reduction targets. by getting our politicians to pass and enforce the necessary laws. (See Job One Plan Part 3 for everything we must do to reach the survival-critical 2025 targets.)
B. Educate about how to execute an individual, business, and national emergency backup "Plan B."
C. Always presenting accurate and rational hope for humanity's future wherever we offer disheartening facts about our current global warming extinction emergency. This rational hope is solidly based on what is still possible to do.
F. Because we are a small, non-profit organization with limited reach and resources, we will do our best to educate larger better-funded organizations with vastly more influence to use their greater influence get our politicians to meet or get very close to the critical 2025 global fossil fuel reduction targets.
The "Why" Behind Our Mission
Our members and web visitors appreciate our organization because we tell the hard truths and we treat them with respect as adults. The harsh new facts of global warming are:
a. We are already in an undeclared global warming extinction emergency. (Click here to see why.)
c. Many of global warming's very worst consequences are already unavoidable no matter what we do right now!
Many of the individuals who use this website will come to (or have already come to,) the conclusion that unless we make vast and immediate fossil fuel reductions, a large portion of humanity is on its way to unconscionable suffering and extinction within their lifetimes. They are already aware that this real extinction threat comes from the escalating global warming emergency and the 6 other major global challenges facing humanity, which are already converging upon and into each other.
Our Expanded Mission
At this point, soon (within another 3-6 years,) we will cross the carbon 425-450 parts per million (ppm) climate cliff and most critical global warming tipping point. This will occur when we miss or do not come very close to reaching the 2025 global fossil fuel reduction targets. If that happens, we will rapidly pass the next 2 extinction-evoking carbon 500 and 600 ppm tipping points with all of their unthinkable and unavoidable consequences.
Therefore and logically, what our organization must first do as its prime and continuous mission is to promote actions that will help us survive the coming mass human, animal, and biological extinction event for as long as is possible.
The way some of us will survive this horrible outcome is to achieve the following additional objectives needed to prepare for and adapt to the unfolding global warming extinction emergency:
a. do everything we can to motivate our politicians and governments to slow escalating global warming enough to allow us more time to prepare and adapt by achieving or getting very close to the last chance 2025 global fossil fuel reduction targets. To do this they have to quickly create and enforce new global fossil fuel reduction laws. (See Parts three and Part four of the Job One plan.)
b. help individuals, businesses and nations prepare for and adapt to the many global warming consequences which we can no longer avoid,
c. try to save, salvage and protect whatever we can of humanity, civilization and animal and biological diversity by transferring as much of them as is possible to global warming safer zones
We are doing all of the above by:
a. warning you (and society,) through our strategy of "shock and challenge" about our current state of out of control global warming (for as long as the next 30-50 years,) and why our governments must prepare for what is coming and immediately and radically reduce fossil fuel use to achieve or come very close to the 2025 targets.
b. shocking our politicians awake to our extinction emergency with the scientific evidence that global warming is far, far worse than our governments and the media are telling us. We respectfully disrupt any politicians, individuals, and organizations that do not educate or create effective policies and programs about the real global warming extinction emergency. Especially those that present false or misleading information as to the accurate targets and deadlines needed for global fossil fuel reduction. (After focusing on politicians, this disruption could also include disrupting some of the world's most prestigious environmental organizations. If we can't get the world's leading environmental organizations working as one focusing on the correct fossil fuel reduction targets and timeframes, there is scant hope that humanity will survive. Click here to see our respectful disruption policy.)
c. promoting the highest level of national and international cooperation and mass mobilization in human history. We either cooperate together *at the highest levels and scale,) or almost ALL of us will eventually die together in an ever-worsening and unending meltdown of global warming consequences and crossed global warming tipping points.
When we fail to meet or come very close to the 2025 global fossil fuel reduction targets, God help us!
Global warming extinction is no longer a remote possibility coming sometime after 2100 as we been lulled into believing by our government's inaction. A massive human, animal, and biological extinction event will be arriving in many areas of the world as soon as the next 30 to 50 years because it is highly unlikely we make or even get close to the required 2025 radical global fossil fuel cuts!
Because mass extinction is the most probable outcome, we have switched our mission focus over fully to doing the following:
A. Helping you as an individual to prepare for and to adapt to the bitter reality of the high likelihood of living in a world where as much as 70-90+ percent of the unprepared human population will first suffer horribly then die within our lifetimes. We have to face the fact that all we may be able to do at this point is to save and salvage whatever we can to prevent the complete extinction of humanity and end of civilization. (For information on how to prepare and adapt for what is coming so more of us live longer and suffer less is contained in both Part 1 of the Job One Plan and then Part 2 of the Job One Plan)
B. Doing what we can to support intelligent and effective government-driven backup emergency, transfer, and migration plans. See Part 3 of the Job One Plan in Section 2 for details on these government-driven actions. See the heading called, How to Prevent Mass Human Extinction: The World's Emergency Backup Plan.
C. Helping so-inclined individuals and groups create sustainable, self-organizing and independent eco-communities in global warming-safe locations to help make sure that enough of these new eco-communities are established and well-prepared enough to survive the escalating onslaught of now unavoidable global warming catastrophes. These new experimental eco-communities will be absolutely essential to help carry forward the survival of humanity, human culture, and civilization when we fail to make the required radical and immediate 2025 global fossil fuel reductions.
(Please see the Universe Community sections of our sister website for all the information you will need to do to create and self-organize your own sustainable eco-community in a global warming-safe zone.)
D. Once and if we have survived this global warming extinction emergency and we have learned the painful experiential lessons it will teach us, we (this organization and the new eco-communities mentioned above,) will promote a new, survival-proven understanding of equitable and sustainable living and livelihoods for all of the Earth's remaining survivors. This will help transform the trauma and unthinkable losses of the highly likely coming Great Collapse and Great Die-off into a springboard for a Great Rebuilding and new beginning
This will help facilitate the rebuilding of a better and more equitable world for ALL that will thrive for hundreds of more generations. If the Great Collapse and Great Die-off is inevitable because we and our institutions continue to refuse to alter our unsustainable fossil fuel behavior, at least, the Great Collapse can be utilized as what had to take place for a new, and potentially better beginning for humanity. (Click here to learn about that the ideas of a new Sustainable Prosperity.)
A major good news of the Job One for Humanity mission is that the most unthinkable global warming reality of humanity crossing the carbon 600 parts per million (ppm,) extinction tipping point within in just a few decades (described in full on this page) can possibly still be slowed down just enough so that some, much smaller portion of humanity survives. This slowing can only be achieved by immediately enacting the greatest government-driven mass mobilization of our civilization's resources to radically cut fossil fuel use to the 2025 targets as described in our Job One Plan, Part 3.
Unfortunately, most of our world is ensconced presently in some form of global warming denial or global warming ignorance or intentional deception, and not just the most obvious kind related to whether global warming is real or not. Most of the world isn't even close to realizing how bad global warming already is or, how bad it's going to get far sooner than anyone's telling you.
Our collective job then is to first prepare ourselves, our families, our businesses and enlighten those few brave and bright individuals who are able to see, feel or understand the harsh reality of what is coming.
It will not be easy.
Our world will change dramatically in the following decades.
Our mission is at its core --- to help those we can who are ready to navigate this uncertain and perilous, future which has now become a banquet of unthinkable and unavoidable global warming consequences.
How our mission will be executed:
- We foster tapping into your deepest philosophical and spiritual reserves to help us endure, make sense of and transform the tremendous suffering and sacrifice ahead to the betterment of humanity and future generations.
- We promote utilizing this unprecedentedly difficult and urgent situation to enhance and expand the meaning and purpose of our lives, and to help us develop and broaden our character.
- We promote maintaining as positive of a perspective as is possible throughout all of the coming hardships. Click here to see a summary of the 16 surprise positive perspectives on things that can happen in this emergency that might help you sustain your positive perspective through this challenge.
- We actively promote throughly enjoying your life today as fully as is possible because there are no guarantees and we may not succeed and today may be the best it will ever be for a long time.
- We practice that there is no one to blame for this out of control global warming extinction emergency. For the last three decades, our current governmental systems have so protected or incentivized fossil fuel use and ever-increasing comercialism and waste that curtailing it was all but impossible. Additionally, the climate is so complex that only a handful of individuals had both the intellectual bandwidth and the years of climate study to fully grasp how global warming would become out of control so fast. Those few individuals who knew did not have sufficient governmental influence to prevent global warming from becoming out of control. The last thing we need to do in this emergency is to polarize and waste resources in energy-depleting blame.
- We vigorously promote that there is no other way to survive this emergency unless we come together immediately and cooperate as one human family to reach or come very close to the 2025 global fossil fuel reduction goals.
- We promote the honest global warming hope that ONLY if we cooperate and prevent ourselves from crossing the carbon 600 ppm final battle line, will there still be a small window of opportunity for humanity and the best of our civilization to survive.
- We use the best climate science available.
- We will promote the mass global mobilization and governmental actions for radically increasing green energy generation. This will not solve the fossil fuel problem in time, but it will help slow down the coming consequences a bit more to save more individuals.
- We do only what is deadline and effectiveness prioritized in the proper sequence to save as much of humanity and civilization as we can.
- We will provide honest global warming consequence prediction timetables and a new model called the Climageddon Scenario. (This is very critical prediction information will keep you from being surprised so that you have adequate time to prepare for and better adapt to the unavoidable coming consequences.
- We use the free Job One Plan to help individuals slow and lessen what is now unavoidable, cope with the emotional implications of our now out of control global warming, create emergency preparedness, and effectively adapt as long as we can for a difficult future.
- We will do everything we can to get any organization, businees or nation to promote the real 2025 fossil fuel reduction targets and the sacrifices we must now make.
The substeps to achieving our full mission for individuals only are:
- To help individuals, wherever possible, to adapt locally to the new realities of out of control global warming. Click here for details on how to do this.
- Where local adaptation strategies are neither possible nor wise, to help as many people as possible migrate to global warming-safe locations. (This also means relocating essential key infrastructure near or above the 45th parallel north, near, or below the 45th parallel south. Click here for details on how to do this.)
- to educate individuals and groups on how to create their personal lifestyles and livelihoods toward a true Sustainable Prosperity. This along with key collective actions by our governments will in turn also help slow and lessen the speed of this rapidly unfolding catastrophe. (If global warming caused extinction seems unrealistic to you, please see the phase-by-phase global warming extinction process as it unfolds described in the Climageddon Scenario overview here or more fully in the new Climageddon book.)
- To help individuals first understand and then predict the next wave of global warming-aggravated disasters using the warning signs that almost all of us will inevitably experience either now, soon or in the near future. Click here for that information.
- To help individuals create the emergency backup plans and emergency supplies they will need for short-term recovery from the escalating consequences of global warming aggravated disasters and out of control global warming. Click here for details on how to do this.
For additional important areas of global warming information and news:
If you want to learn the story of our organization and more about how this just recently upgraded mission statement came about, click here.
Click here for some surprise benefits of our global warming extinction emergency. (We strongly recommend that everyone reads this good news section to help counterbalance the difficult news about our current global warming extinction emergency.)
To learn more about the full Job One Plan that will is designed to achieve the mission above, click here.
If you want to know how we got ourselves into this catastrophe, click here and go to the section How this Gross Misinformation Occurred.
If you want to learn the most accurate way that you can personally tell if we are making progress in reducing global warming, click here.
We are, unfortunately, already moving rapidly through the 6 phases of the Climageddon Scenario extinction model. Click the preceding link to learn more. (The timetables for global warming's 20 worst consequences and 11 key tipping points are found on our website and in the new book Climageddon.)
If you feel our mission is important to your future and you want to support it and see it succeed:
Click here to make a fast, easy tax-deductible online donation.
Mission Statement Upgrade Version 5.1, Sept 13, 2019