Pledge to Stop Saying "Climate Change" for These Critical Reasons and Start Using These More Accurate Terms.
Words have power. Words can be used to frame a discussion fairly or unfairly to limit and control how the members of that discussion are able to think about the presented concepts and issues. This framing can be done completely without the members knowing that their thinking (or options) to understand (or resolve) some issue has been invisibly limited and controlled. On political and social levels, the unfair or inaccurate reframing of words is called propaganda.
The four reasons why we must stop using the term climate change wherever possible
Reason 1: The first reason is exceedingly simple. We need to use terms that most reflect the actual reality of our current climate condition. Unfortunately, the term climate change does not do that or even come close.
On the other hand, using the term runaway global heating extinction emergency far more accurately reflects the reality of our current climate condition. We truly are in runaway global heating because we have already crossed critical amplifying climate feedback loops and climate tipping points, creating the beginning stages of runaway global heating. According to James Hansen, the respected NASA climate scientist, we entered runaway global heating when we passed the atmospheric carbon level (CO2) of about carbon 386 parts per million (ppm) level around 2015. (As of March of 2022, we are now at Carbon 421 ppm.)
Runaway global warming is very serious. If you imagined runaway global heating like a train without brakes rolling down a mountain that is getting steeper and steeper, you would have a good idea about the seriousness of runaway global heating consequences and how they will keep increasing faster and faster.
You can see our runaway global warming in the atmospheric carbon CO2 graph below. As atmospheric carbon rises faster and faster (the steepening dotted line), so is global heating.
Reason 2: There is no current and credible scientific doubt consensus that we are currently experiencing global heating caused by humans burning fossil fuels. (See the global heating explanation link at the end of this page.)
Reason 3: The term “climate change” was heavily promoted by Republican strategist Frank Luntz, who suggested using it in government publications and discussions because it’s less “frightening” than saying “global warming” This was then picked up by the fossil fuel lobbyists.
The well-funded fossil fuel industry and its lobbyists have successfully re-framed our real runaway global heating extinction emergency into the widespread use of the vague and non-threatening concept and term called climate change. Unfortunately, this clever re-framing of our current extinction-triggering global heating as climate change has dramatically hindered the public's ability to think accurately about the absolute urgency and severity of the runaway global heating extinction threat.
Well-funded fossil fuel lobbyists have invisibly and successfully re-framed the global heating emergency by getting governments, worldwide media, and even many unwitting environmental groups to use the innocuous, vague, and relatively calming "climate change" term. This climate change propaganda is designed to redefine (or confuse) the ordinary meaning of words and their concepts to control a target's ability to think about those concepts or, even hold specific "undesirable" concepts in their minds, which the source of propaganda does not want to be considered.
This term re-framing technique is how the 28 trillion dollar-a-year fossil fuel industry and its lobbyists have successfully redefined the truth and power of what we are facing, namely, the runaway global heating extinction emergency. As a result, the fossil fuel industry has redirected the mass public's attention away from the urgency of the real threat to something that the average citizen does not see as a threat or problem, the mushy climate change idea and term.
This sleight-of-hand terminology swap has turned a scary and honest global heating truth that needs to be dealt with on an urgent and emergency basis into the nebulous and benign concept in the average citizen's mind. In the average citizen's mind, this looks like the ideas that, "the climate (the weather) is always changing. It is changing exactly how it has customarily and always behaved during my lifetime."
Because of this intentional misdirection and climate condition terminology reframing, people falsely feel safe. They then believe that nothing much needs to be done (or is done) to deal with the "ever-changing natural and seasonal processes of the climate." Unfortunately, nothing could be farther from the truth!
Reason 4: We are genuinely in an extinction emergency and a fight for the very survival of humanity. Reframing the runaway global heating extinction emergency into climate change was not the only clever propaganda manipulation by the fossil fuel lobbyists.
These fossil fuel lobbyists also have the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) of the United Nations (as well as worldwide media and our governments) telling us that climate change is only a vague and nebulous "existential threat" at some yet unknown or unspoken date in our future.
Here is the problem with telling people there is an existential threat sometime off in an unknown future:
1. The average human IQ is 100.
2. The majority of the human population has little to no idea what the word existential means. Does it relate to the existential philosophy of Soren Kierkegaard?
3. Even if they look existential up, they get the definition of "relating to existence." That sure could mean a lot of vague things and not be experienced as anything close to what we are now facing, which is a rapidly accelerating global heating extinction threat to our soon arriving future. (Extinction by mid-century for about half of humanity and around 2050- 2080 for most of the rest of humanity.)
I think you can see why we have to stop feeding vagueness and using an "existential" threat. This is not a vague or low-probability threat. (Links at the end of this document will give you a deeper understanding of how runaway global heating has become an extinction emergency.
We have to get the IPCC, our media, and our governments to start using the correct terms for our current climate condition, which average people can understand and that will motivate them into action. Imagine what could change if billion of citizens realized that their extinction from runaway global heating is just a few decades away or sooner.
It is now time to do something about this hidden theft of our collective ability to think correctly about the runaway global heating extinction emergency and its imminent threat to all life! It is time to use more accurate climate terms and change how the world thinks about what is going on with runaway global heating.
The Aikido of one unique wording option
Aikido is often defined as the art of using whatever attack is thrown at you against itself to overcome an adversary. One way we can do some Aikido when we are forced to use the term climate change is to add to it. When we change climate change into the climate change extinction emergency, it completely defeats the purpose of the fossil fuel industry lobbyists.
Please Take the "I Will Stop Using the Term Climate Change Whenever I Can" Pledge
- I hereby pledge to stop using climate change in my daily conversations. Instead, I will use the terms global heating, the runaway global heating extinction emergency, the climate change extinction emergency, the global warming emergency, escalating global warming, out of control global heating, or catastrophic climate destabilization to describe the current accelerating increase in the Earth's average global temperature and the ongoing and escalating destruction to our lives and the environment caused by global heating primarily due to our burning of fossil fuels.
- I pledge that I will contest the fossil fuel industry lobbyists and climate deniers mis-framing and falsely defining the real dangers of the runaway global heating extinction emergency by calling it climate change!
- I pledge that I will help forward this pledge to others particularly, other environmental groups I know about.
Here is a chart to provide more ideas about better language because the language we use in vitally important.
(Please note: Our organization does still occasionally use the term climate change on our website, but only to guide people to our website on the Internet using the still dominant climate change search term. We also use global heating-related terms when mentioning climate change on our website.
To learn more about why runaway global heating is a true extinction emergency, see this link.
To learn more about the leading global heating extinction-accelerating tipping points and why we have only until 2025-2031 to prevent our near-total extinction, see this link.
To see credible science on the existence of global heating, see this link.
Please also, forward this article and pledge to anyone you know in the environmental and climate education groups.
- I hereby pledge to stop using climate change in my daily conversations. Instead, I will use the terms global heating, the runaway global heating extinction emergency, the global warming emergency, escalating global warming, out of control global heating, or catastrophic climate destabilization to describe the current accelerating increase in the Earth's average global temperature and the ongoing and escalating destruction to our lives and the environment caused by global heating primarily due to our burning of fossil fuels.
- I pledge that I will contest the fossil fuel industry lobbyists and climate deniers mis-framing and falsely defining the real dangers of the runaway global heating extinction emergency by calling it climate change!
- I pledge that I will help forward this pledge to others particularly, other environmental groups I know about.
1. You will be able to see all of the information on the members-only pages as soon as you become a annual member. On the Member's drop down menu you can see the topics covered in the members area. It will give you a good idea of the valuable information only supporting members have access to.
2. How to sign up as a new Job One for Humanity member is described further down this page. We are a IRS approved nonprofit organization.
Here Are the Many Member Benefits and Services You Will Receive for a $9.00 a Year Donation
You will get all of the member benefits listed below when you become an annual member/donor now for just $9.00 per year! With any $9 donation, you will also receive five important ebooks with a $42.00 value!
Here is a list of the available five climate-related ebooks:
"In Our Hands" by Wilford H Welch is a $9.99 ebook. In Our Hands is the result of extensive research into climate science and the use of systems thinking and driving forces analysis. Using these methods, Wilford makes sense of the climate crisis and what we all need to do to address it. He lays out two futures, one looking back from 2050 and the actions we took to save ourselves; the other, entitled "The Road to Ruin," shows how the world collapsed into chaos by mid-century due to our failure to take effective actions. Here are some reviews of just updated great book on Amazon.
"Climageddon" the Climate Change and Global Warming Survival Kit" by Lawrence Wollersheim is an $8.95 value. The Climageddon book will show you the scientific evidence on how bad global warming really is, how bad it will get, and how soon the worst of the now unavoidable consequences of global warming will destabilize you, your family, business, or nation. Climageddon describes the 20 worst global warming consequences. It also lays out the 11 most critical global warming tipping points. These tipping points are striking terror in the minds and hearts of everyone involved in short-term, mid-range, and long-range essential planning. Understanding the 11 global warming tipping points is critical because crossing a few more of them, left unchecked, will initiate the end of humanity and civilization over the next several decades. The systemic analysis found within Climageddon also shows you how to stay ahead of the coming global warming-related financial market unpredictability and drops. These will occur naturally because of the escalating consequences of continually rising temperatures on food crops, related businesses, and global political stability. Climageddon has scores of great reviews on Amazon. You can download it in one of the three most popular ebook reader formats.
"On Vestige Way" For those who do not like reading complex climate change scientific research and still want to be entertained and educated, we have the ebook version of "On Vestige Way" by David Spielberg (a $9.00 ebook value.) It is an emotion-packed CLI-Fi (climate fiction) novel about how global warming affects the future and fate of Millennials, Generation Z, and corporations. It also describes a massive rearrangement of the political alliances we take for granted. It is so hard to put down that you will be missing work and sleep wondering what happens next to the story's heroes and heroines struggling with the genuine global heating future the younger generations will face. Yet, it is one of the most scientifically accurate CLI-FI books on the market. You can read the Amazon reviews on this book here.
"Climate and Ecological Delusions and Contradictions that Will Soon End Humanity" by Michael Mielke. This $8.95 value ebook explains and elaborates in great detail on the carbon capture technology delusion and the many other global crises we face, such as resource Overshoot—a necessary read and update on new technology delusions that will not save us in time.
You will also receive a free ebook copy of "Collapse 2020, Vol 1: Fall of the First Global Civilization" by Bruce Nappi. This $8.95 value ebook lays out a strong case on why we must prepare for the first-ever climate change-aggravated, global collapse coming within mere decades. Collapse 2020 digs into the major chaos of today's world: climate change, liberal-conservative polarization, gridlock in governments, and massive social injustice. (PDF format only.)
And, there are also other important member additional gifts included:
1. You also will get members-only access to nonpublic climate and global heating website information as described below:
critical prediction information on how, when, and where the escalating global warming emergency will affect:
local, regional, and national real estate values and finances,
stock market values, specifically corporations whose stocks and bonds will be most affected as the global warming emergency worsens,
commodity prices as regionalized crops and other commodities fail because of increased heat or other global warming consequences, as well as which food prices will rise the fastest, etc.,
2. increased political conflict or instability probabilities, particularly relating to a nation's regionalized specific global warming consequences.
3. first alerts and early warnings about the coming global warming catastrophes,
4. exclusive global warming emergency preparation and adaptation information for your family, home, and business.
5. well-researched global warming family and business migration options for the sparse global warming safer zones (For those of you who live in global warming high-risk areas.)
The members-only area of our website will provide critical details on how and when the consequences of the global warming emergency can affect your investments, financial transactions, real estate, and even your individual or business physical survival.
6. You will also receive one year of online email support to help you prepare for the worsening global heating consequences. This online support will help you get through all parts of the Job One for Humanity Global Heating Resilience Plan. This global heating plan will help you reduce your fossil fuel use, become more sustainable, and keep you motivated and demanding your government acts before it is too late!
You also will be able to ask global heating plan questions and share your successes, knowledge, and experiences via this new online support system.
How to become an annual member in one easy step!
Annual membership is only $9.00 per year in a one-time tax-deductible donation or, just $2.00 a month as a monthly tax-deductible donation.
1. To make a secure one-time, online membership donation of $9.00 (or more if you like,) please use the donation fill-in form at the bottom of this page.
2. To make a secure, online, and automatic $2.00 (or more if you like,) monthly membership donation, click here.
3. To renew your annual membership, use the one-time secure online donation form at the bottom of this page. (Renewing memberships also include the four free books [a $42.00 value,] listed above.)
4. To make a membership donation by mail, make your check payable to Factnet, PMB 2167, 1650 S. Casino Dr. Laughlin, Nevada 89029
5. If you cannot afford a $9.00 a year membership: We feel that everyone should have access to this critical global warming information, not just the ultra-wealthy. That is why we have made this critical information available at a cost we believe everyone can afford (a $9.00 a year website membership. If you cannot afford $9.00 a year or live at the poverty level or below in your region and nation, please email us at [email protected] with relevant details, and we will get you a free scholarship. This scholarship award will also give you access to all of our members-only website areas.
We have received the Seal of Financial Transparency by Guidestar. Guidestar is a leading non-profit organization that evaluates other non-profit organizations for financial and mission transparency.
Why Become an Annual Member Now?
There are also many important and useful benefits and bonus gifts for all members described on this page.
Your tax-deductible annual membership donation helps keep this research and organization online.
You get all of the extra member benefits listed on this page!
We run one of the most cost-effective operations among all non-profit global warming educational groups.
We are a 25-year-old, IRS-approved, all-volunteer organization.
There is no paid staff! Your donations go only for rent, utilities, office expenses, internet hosting, and other Internet-related web security service charges.
Donation Receipt Information:
You will always receive either an emailed electronic or mailed tax-deductible donation receipt for your donation. The name “F.A.C.T.net Inc.” will show on the PayPal payment screen if you are using Pay Pal online or on the electronic record of your donation to Job One for Humanity. Factnet is a Bronze Star non-profit recognized organization by Guidestar the nonprofit organization that evaluates other nonprofit organizations for financial and mission transparency. Job One for Humanity is a DBA and subsidiary of Factnet Inc., which since 1993 has been a recognized 501(c)(3) IRS nonprofit and social benefit organization.
In addition to fossil fuel industry global disinformation and misinformation programs, our runaway global heating extinction emergency has been made far more difficult to resolve because of the ongoing gross underestimation, errors, and politicization of climate science by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change of the United Nations (the IPCC.)
1. Yes, the physical and prime cause of runaway global heating is indeed our global burning of fossil fuels. And,
2. Yes, over the last six decades, the 28 trillion dollar-a-year fossil fuel industry and its lobbyists have subjected the world's politicians to the most potent disinformation and misinformation influence campaign in history. (Their programs were designed to prevent or limit regulations that would reduce global fossil fuel use.) But,
3. There is another organization that because we have always trusted it (and its climate summary reports,) is also a dominant reason for our ongoing decades of failing to mobilize the world to put an end to toxic fossil fuels atmospheric pollution. This organization is the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC).
In this article, you also will find a special challenge. The challenge invites any climate scientist or researcher to prove wrong the facts below. These facts below concern the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change's climate summary report and its gross underestimation and error problems.
We actively promote this challenge because the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change's (IPPC) gross underestimation and other errors are trusted as accurate and used by the world's governments, corporations, and NGOs to plan how they will reduce climate change and end our runaway global heating emergency. Organizations that use the IPCC's grossly underestimated and error-ridden climate summary reports will unknowingly create inadequate and ineffective climate change and global heating remedial programs. This trusted use factor compounds the consequences of the IPCC's gross underestimation and error problems.
The IPCC's calculation problems are so severe and urgent that the IPCC must be called out for them. This must be done and distributed worldwide before it is too late to compensate for these errors and problems and the world needlessly experiences near-total extinction. (Near-total extinction is the extinction of 50-90+% of the human population.)
In this article, you will explore the severe problems in the IPCC's climate summary reports. (The seven items listed just below are expanded in the article.) In this article, you will also discover the truth of our government's utter failure to act over the last 60+ years and the horrible climate consequences of that inaction and ineffective action.
The IPCC's climate summary reports reliability problems:
Problem 1: High-level IPCC administrators create climate summary reports that alter and grossly underestimate the underlying current climate science, which they receive from climate scientists from around the world. They possibly do this because of political pressure and the hidden hand of the fossil fuel lobby. As a result, these administrator-altered and watered-down errors can reduce the accuracy of their climate summary reports by 20-40% or more.
Problem 2: The IPCC has "cooked" the global fossil fuel reduction books. They grossly lowered the current IPCC global fossil fuel reduction calculations far lower than they should be. The IPPC did this by including carbon reduction calculations from an unproven and non-existent carbon removal technology into their fossil fuel reduction calculations. The IPCC theorized (and hoped) that by 2050 this new technology would exist, remove millions of gigatons of carbon from the atmosphere, and miraculously save humanity at the last minute.
This massive "wishing for a miracle" error makes the global public believe we are making progress and safe when we are in grave danger. We estimate that this insane "backing-in" of unrealized future fuel reduction calculations from mid-century non-existent technology into today's reduction calculations makes the IPCC's current fossil fuel reduction targets underestimated by about 20-40%.
Problem 3: There is a critical and potentially massive climate sensitivity error in all current IPCC climate predictions. This error alone will reduce the accuracy of their climate summary reports by 20-40% or more.
Problem 4: The IPCC has a horrific "Perfect Day" problem with its computer climate modeling. This "Perfect Day" modeling problem alone will significantly lower the accuracy of the IPCC's consequence predictions, timetables, and fossil fuel reduction targets by as much as 20-40% or more.
Problem 5: The IPCC's calculations for how much fossil fuel use we must reduce each year globally to prevent mass extinction did not include reduction calculations for preventing the effects of crossing most critical climate tipping points and feedback loops. The IPCC repeatedly fails to adjust and adequately compensate for its gross failure to include all known climate tipping points and feedback loops in its calculations for its climate consequence predictions and targets for correct global fossil fuel reduction targets.
This error alone could reduce the accuracy of their climate summary reports by 20-40% or more.
Problem 6: The IPCC promotes a net-zero national pledge program based on the wrong global fossil fuel reduction amounts. Furthermore, this net-zero pledge program has little hope of success even with these wrong global fossil fuel reduction targets.
Problem 7: The IPCC's calculations for quantifying methane's short and longer-term effects on global warming are also seriously flawed. Methane is about 80 times more potent than carbon in rising global temperatures in the atmosphere over the first three years.
The IPCC is not adequately including the effects of these three-year methane surges in its predictions. It also fails to predict rising methane levels from natural and man-made sources sufficiently, nor is it capturing all of the consequences of the surge of new methane and total methane in the atmosphere. Failing to adequately include all methane effects on global heating could reduce the accuracy of IPCC climate summary reports by as much as 10-30%.
Problem 8: The IPCC also does not adequately include the critical and increasing decline in carbon sinks in its current computer modeling. The condition of our global carbon sinks is critical to our future survival. As global heating rises, the oceans, soils, and forests remove less carbon from the atmosphere. But, when they reach their internal tipping points, the oceans, soils, and forests reverse the good they were doing and start releasing the carbon they have removed and stored back into the atmosphere.
What the above means or implies:
1. Because of the cumulative effect of the IPPC's underestimation, calculation problems, or other errors, the IPCC's climate summary reports can no longer be relied upon to present real runaway global heating threat and risk levels.
2. The IPCC has repeatedly failed to adequately acknowledge these reliability problems and failures (to include all known climate tipping points, feedback loops, diminishing carbon sinks, and the other serious error factors) in its climate consequence severity and timeframe predictions and its targets for correct global fossil fuel reductions.
3. Consequently, the IPCC has repeatedly failed to adjust for or adequately compensate for its underestimation, calculation problems, or other errors in its climate summary reports which are used by the world to plan remedial strategies and determine current climate catastrophe risk levels.
Because of 1-3 above, the IPCC's underestimated consequence severity and timeframe predictions and its global fossil fuel targets should not be relied upon without discounting them by at least 20-40% or more.
Additionally, if you do not understand the role of carbon in the atmosphere or how burning fossil fuels causes greenhouse gases and rising temperatures, click here for a quick illustration of the process. If you do not understand how we arrive at our current state of runaway global heating, click here.
At the end of this disruptive article, you also will find:
a. a link to a comprehensive four-part plan for what you can do to help fix and manage the many consequences of runaway global heating. And,
b. a link to the many surprising benefits you will experience as we work toward resolving the great challenge, opportunity, and evolutionary adventure of fixing runaway global heating.
The following are the section titles in this article:
1. How did we ever get in this mess?
2. The IPCC's many calculation, estimation, analysis, and interpretation reliability problems and errors.
3. Why the IPCC’s runaway global heating underestimation problem is critical to you, your business, and your nation’s future.
4. Conflicts of interest and the IPCC’s gross underestimation problem.
5. Our challenge to any climate scientist or climate researcher.
6. Additional reasons for our 60 years of failure in reducing fossil fuel use and runaway global heating.
7. The public has been grossly and systemically misinformed about the actual condition of the runaway global heating extinction emergency.
8. Illustrating the IPCC's underestimation.
9. What can we do to fix this IPCC nightmare?
10. If not the IPCC, who is most qualified to do needed future climate and global heating research and predictions?
11. From what you have read, do you feel deceived by the IPCC regarding these key issues?
13. The essential positive perspective on the above disruptive runaway global heating and climate change news.
In this article, you will learn more about how and why the many grossly underestimated and false global fossil fuel reduction targets, deadlines, and illusionary net-zero pledges have been foisted upon the public. This article will disclose the world's dangerous global fossil fuel reduction deception game.
This deception game is forwarded by fossil fuel-related corporations, the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), fossil fuel-dependent nations, and many governments, corporations, and media organizations.
Below you will learn about how underestimated global heating consequences and timeframes are used to create false global fossil fuel reduction calculations and a false sense of public safety. These same dangerous reduction underestimations will prevent us from achieving the survival-critical accurate 2025 global fossil fuel reduction targets.
After completing this article, we invite you to decide for yourself if there is a fossil fuel industry conspiracy working with the IPCC resulting in the public being intentionally deceived about:
1. the real global fossil fuel reductions needed to save us in time. And,
2. how bad runaway global heating consequences will get and how soon they will arrive.
Understanding if there is intentional deception by the IPCC administrators is critical because using incorrect global fossil fuel reduction targets and consequence deadlines will lead to about half of humanity unavoidably going extinct and massive animal and other biological extinction by mid-century.
And finally, in this article, you will discover that many false hopes that the public currently holds about our runaway global heating future are partly because of the IPCC's grossly underestimated consequences timeframes [described further below.
But, before you discover why and how our governmental inaction and ineffective action got us into this climate nightmare, it is helpful to honestly review the painful and shocking results of this failure of our governments.
A graphic illustration of the utter failure of our governments to manage climate change and global fossil fuel use
There is no better measure of the last sixty years of our government's success or failure in reducing global warming than the amount of carbon going into our atmosphere. This is because more carbon going into the atmosphere directly causes the average global temperature to rise.
Look carefully at the atmospheric carbon graph below.
As you can see, we are adding more carbon into the atmosphere from the global burning of fossil fuels each year. According to the immutable laws of physics, this means ever-rising temperatures will resolutely follow every rise in atmospheric carbon.
But, worse yet, we are also adding more carbon to the atmosphere at faster and faster rates! (The dotted line in the graph above is getting steeper and increasing incrementally each year. This steepening line on the chart indicates we are adding more carbon to the atmosphere at faster and faster rates.)
To make our government's utter failure even more apparent:
In the 1960s, we only added about 0.5 carbon parts per million (ppm) to the atmosphere each year.
In the 1970s, we added about 1.3 carbon ppm per year.
In the 1980s and 1990s, we added about 1.5 carbon ppm per year.
In the 2000s, we added about 2.0 carbon ppm per year.
In the 2010s, we added about 2.4 carbon ppm per year.
Over the 2020s, we have added about 2.7 carbon ppm per year. And,
We are now adding about 3 carbon ppm (or more) each year.
What is essential about the graph below is that it illuminates on its right side how we have shockingly increased our annual rate of atmospheric carbon pollution by almost six times (if you also include what has happened in the 2020s.)
Our rapid global annual carbon increase above also means that not only have we failed to reduce global fossil fuel for over six decades, but we have also actually radically increased the yearly fossil fuel pollution of our atmosphere!
The graph below also painfully shows the annual increases in carbon (CO2) going into our atmosphere and our global governments utter failure to reduce global fossil fuel use over the last six decades. (The graph measures gigatons of carbon pollution going into our atmosphere. A gigaton is 1,000,000,000 tonnes.)
This is the state of our past global fossil fuel reduction efforts, and you will not hear many publicly speaking this horrible truth.
We must now face the reality that we have utterly failed to control the accelerating global warming nightmare. This failure is despite the many international conferences, treaties, reduction agreements, warnings, new climate policies, new climate laws, and the actions of thousands of global NGOs and environmental groups educating for decades about the extinction dangers of accelerating global heating.
This real, gigantic and well-hidden failure is real and exists despite all contrary media or other climate reporting by those with hidden or vested financial interests in the fossil fuel industry.
Look again above at science's most accurate carbon measurement of our total reductions in global fossil fuel use and the true measure of our government's effectiveness in reducing escalating global heating. We have unequivocally failed to manage humanity's single greatest short-term threat (other than immediate global thermo-nuclear war.)
We will not be safe from runaway global warming and extinction until our governments get atmospheric carbon levels once again at or below about the carbon 350 ppm level.
Yes, this vast and continuous governmental climate management failure is tough to deal with, but to begin taking the correct climate path out of this mess, one must know honestly from where they are starting. An informed society that does not know where it currently is with its climate management progress will also not have the necessary urgency or focus to fix it.
Just in case you still believe your governments have been protecting you from the accelerating consequences of global heating caused by burning more and more fossil fuel, here is a graph showing all of the three major fossil fuel related greenhouse gases, carbon (CO2), methane (CH4) and Nitrous Oxide (N2O).
You are now prepared to explore how and why our governments have failed us so completely in managing the climate change nightmare.
How did we ever get into this climate and runaway global heating mess?
There is an old saying that "you can not reach your desired goal unless you know where you are starting from and you can see all the barriers in the way of reaching your goal."
Before moving on to exploring the runaway global heating solutions found in the free Job One Plan, it is wise to examine how we have squandered 60 years of warnings and put ourselves into this untenable runaway global warming extinction emergency. This way, we now have a better opportunity to set the correct global fossil fuel reduction targets, resolve runaway global heating, and avoid the same mistakes.
There are many reasons why we have ignored over 60 years of valid warnings about the 20 major consequences of escalating global warming. In addition to fossil fuel industry misinformation programs, a key reason is that the recognized world authority on global warming, the United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC,) has failed to honestly inform us as to the real risks and urgency of our crisis. (1)
Before discussing the numerous problems with the IPCC’s runaway global heating information and consequence prediction reliability, it is necessary to frame the challenge to the IPCC’s reports appropriately. In the criticisms below, we are not in any way criticizing the thousands of individual and dedicated climate scientists, many of whom, at their own expense, provide uncensored, accurate, and up-to-date runaway global heating research to the IPCC’s high-level bureaucrats.
However, those IPCC bureaucrats are the individuals who, through a highly constrained and politically manipulated administrative process, analyze, interpret, and then create the final climate summary reports and predictions.
The IPCC's many calculation, estimation, analysis, and interpretation reliability problems and errors
In their normal 5-7 year climate update reports and predictions for politicians and policymakers, the IPCC has a repeated history of significantly underestimating how much of a problem runaway global heating could become, as well as its time frames. (3) Before expanding upon the IPCC’s climate data underestimation problem, it also is essential to understand how they create their 5-7 year runaway global heating and prediction scenario updates for the world’s politicians and policymakers.
What surprises many individuals is that the IPCC itself does not do original global warming research. Working as unpaid volunteers, thousands of scientists from around the globe sift through the most current scientific literature on global warming and the climate. After completing this review, these unpaid scientists identify trends, write a draft report, and submit it to the IPCC.
Next, the IPCC reviews the submitted research from these scientists. This typically takes five to seven years to complete. Then, in a tediously slow and bureaucratic process, the IPCC creates comprehensive reports and assessments, including global warming prediction scenarios. Then, in the near last step, other scientists once again take the assembled draft and review and revise it as needed.
Finally, a summary for national politicians and policymakers is written. This condenses the science even further. This new and final summary report is then subjected to a line-by-line review and possible revision by non-scientist national representatives from more than 100 world governments—all of whom must approve the final summary document before it is signed and presented to the public.
Now that you understand the process for how the IPCC creates its reports, the following will not seem so surprising. A growing number of studies (referenced elsewhere) claim that across two decades and thousands of pages of IPCC climate reports, the IPCC has consistently understated the rate and intensity of runaway global heating, as well as the danger that it represents. (4)
Since the IPCC 2007 assessment, these studies have shown that the speed and ferocity at which the climate is destabilizing are at the extreme edge of, or are outpacing, IPCC projections on many fronts, including temperature rise, carbon emissions, sea-level rise, continental ice-sheet melt, Arctic sea ice decline, ocean acidification, and thawing tundra.
One glaring example of IPCC underestimation can be found in the IPCC’s previous 2007 report (5) that concluded the Arctic would not lose its summer ice before 2070 at the earliest. But the ice pack has shrunk far faster than any scenario IPCC scientists felt politicians and policymakers should consider. Just a few years after that report, a new study predicted that by 2016-2020, the Arctic's Northwest Passage would be completely ice-free during the summers. This means that in 2007, the IPCC was off by an incredible 50-54 years on a key climate prediction over an estimation prediction period of only 63 years!
Another glaring example of the dangerous IPCC underestimation problem surfaced from James Hansen, the former NASA scientist who originally warned the world about the dangers of runaway global heating nearly 40 years ago. Hansen's new study says sea levels could rise by as much as 10 feet (3 meters) by 2050. The IPCC has repeatedly and consistently predicted that sea levels should rise only 3 feet (0.9 meters) by 2100. That's a 60-70% underestimation by the IPCC occurring 50 years earlier!
Over its history, the IPCC’s global warming consequence and timetable scenario predictions are regularly underestimated by anywhere from 25 to 40%.
Why the IPCC’s runaway global heating underestimation problem is critical to you, your business, and your nation’s future
All underestimation by the IPCC is so dangerous to the future of humanity and to resolving the runaway global heating extinction emergency:
1. First, the organization is treated as the most recognized authority on global warming and is charged with advising national politicians and policymakers on the most relevant and accurate climate science so they can make the necessary laws and policy changes to keep us safe.
2. Next, the IPCC’s overly conservative reading and underestimation problems mean that national governments, businesses, and the public will be grossly unprepared and blindsided by the more rapid onset of higher flooding, extreme storms, drought, and other runaway global heating impacts and consequences far beyond what they are currently prepared for. (6) Worse yet, a society blind to the full range and speed of potential runaway global heating outcomes can remain unconscious of or apathetic to the growing emergency, causing them to push the hard but necessary runaway global heating reduction decisions farther and farther off into the future.
3. Probably the greatest loss caused by IPCC’s gross underestimation problem is that it quells, if not removes, the appropriate sense of urgency essential to motivating the people of the world to demand its nations deal with escalating runaway global heating’s present and future threats. For example, what if the global warming disasters projected by the IPCC to start arriving in 2060-2080 begin in 2030-2040? If that happens, we won’t be prepared for the true scale, severity, and frequency of the disasters to come and we would be leading ourselves closer to near-total extinction, without even knowing it.
4. The above three problems are by no means the only problems with the IPCC and its gross underestimation issues. Please see the sections and links further below to the many other IPCC errors and distortions that make the IPCC's summary report unreliable for managing the runaway global heating extinction emergency. (Click here to learn why only near-total extinction and not total extinction is our most likely outcome if we failed to make the 2025 required global fossil fuel reduction targets.)
In summary, the current fossil fuel reduction gross underestimation factor is a powerful and dominant barrier standing in the way of humanity:
1. understanding the actual severity of the coming runaway global heating consequences,
2. understanding the actual urgency of the runaway global heating extinction emergency, and
3. eventually resolving the global warming extinction emergency.
Conflicts of interest and the IPCC’s gross underestimation problem
Because the IPCC's final summary report is subjected to a line-by-line review/revision by representatives from more than 100 world governments, all of whom must individually approve and sign off on the final summary document before it is presented to the public, it is only reasonable to consider that inherent national conflicts of interest will also act to water down, delay, or delete those sections of each global warming report that directly and significantly impact the overall military, security, economics, or other key well-being factors of the sign-off nation.
For example, countries like Venezuela, Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Russia, the United States, United Arab Emirates, Kuwait, and Iran have huge portions of their annual gross domestic product (GDP) dependent upon producing and/or exporting fossil fuels. If there were a sudden and significant mandated reduction in the use of global fossil fuel, some of these countries, particularly the ones with large national debts or without large financial reserves like Russia, Venezuela, the United States, Iraq, and Iran, could plunge into rapid economic decline and in some cases, possibly even social and political unrest or collapse. (7) Unless something shifts radically, these serious conflicts of interest in sign-off nations will be a continuous source of watered-down or missing key facts.
Our challenge to any climate scientist or climate researcher
We actively challenge any climate scientist or researcher to prove our analysis of IPCC climate summary reports wrong, particularly regarding the IPCC's serious errors, underestimations, and cooked books in their summary reports.
Below please see our additional links to these many serious errors, underestimations, cooked books issues, and other IPCC problems.
To accept our IPCC gross underestimation and errors challenge, it is necessary to read ALL eight of the IPCC's different problem links below. When you are done with them, we doubt any serious climate researcher would continue to rely on the IPCC's summary climate reports without severely discounting or questioning those IPCC summary facts.
Below please find the additional reasons the IPCC has failed to manage the runaway global heating emergency and properly inform the public about the real risks and the urgency of the runaway global heating emergency.
There are many IPCC gross underestimation factors and errors:
1. Click here to see precisely how the IPCC literally "cooked the books" and grossly skewed the current IPCC global fossil fuel reduction calculations far lower than they should be by including unproven and non-existent "carbon sucking unicorn" technology into their projections.
This corruption and falsification of the global carbon reduction calculations allowed the major fossil fuel-producing nations and fossil-fuel industries to continue to do "business as usual."
2. Click here to see the latest 2022 IPCC climate change summary critical climate sensitivity error. Because of only this ongoing climate sensitivity error, the IPCC's newest climate consequence predictions, timeframes, and remedial action information will be underestimated by as much as 25% or more. (This 25% does not include the effect of the other IPCC errors described in the links in this section.)
3. Click here to see a new study showing that the IPCC does not include many critical climate system factors in its computer climate modeling. Those missing factors equal wrong and distorted results. This Feb 2022 paper strongly refutes the absurd IPCC claim that the Arctic sea ice melt-decline is reversible. It is not reversible, and that is a monster problem for humanity's weather, seasonal climate, and future!
4. Click here to see the IPCC's Perfect Day problem with its computer climate modeling. This alone will significantly lower the accuracy of all of the IPCC's consequence predictions, timetables, and fossil fuel reduction remedies. This alone could affect IPCC predictions by 20-40%.
5. Click here to see the eleven key climate change tipping points and feedback loops that have been almost entirely excluded from the IPCC calculations for how much fossil fuel use we must reduce each year globally.
6. The IPCC has been selling a net-zero pledge program that will can not and will not save us in time from near-total extinction. It does this because it somehow still can't tell the world, even that at this point, and after 60 years of ignoring warnings and not reducing fossil fuel use when the reductions could have been easier and gradual, that we must now reduce total global fossil fuel use close to 75% by 2025 or we will lose most of humanity.
Effectively and radically reducing global fossil fuel use in all developed countries by 2025 to meet the 2025 targets is not the ineffective and deceptive net-zero emissions by 2030, 2040, 2050, or 2060 target pledges you hear all over the media and from our governments. These net-zero emission schemes cannot scale up fast enough to save us from mass to near-total extinction.
Please see this page for the science behind why these future net-zero emission IPCC-derived pledges are illusions that steal the real urgency of this emergency from the minds of the world's population and will not work in time to save humanity. Discover why you and your children will pay a very steep price for the false and illusionary IPCC net-zero runaway global heating solution and these currently mostly impotent national pledges.
7. Click here to see the IPCC's atmospheric methane calculation problems. This again produces a huge drop in the reliability and usefulness of the IPCC climate prediction and remedy work.
After you have read the above link, here are a few additional underestimations and errors in the IPCC's methane calculations:
1. Methane is increasing very fast, and it is not all animal agriculture or fossil fuels. However, none of the current fossil fuel reduction targets include calculations of the many large sources of amplifying methane feedbacks nor a decline in natural carbon sinks.
2. Today all global wetlands are pouring out feedback methane emissions. Tropical forests (Amazon and central Africa) also pour out CO2, reducing their land carbon sink abilities. The Oceans are also not included in IPCC projections except to assume incorrectly that the ocean as a carbon sink will continue taking in carbon as is currently.
3. The IPCC is still using the policy deferred methane global warming potential (GWP) of 25X CO2 over 100 years. The IPCC gives a 20-year methane GWP of 86 but uses it. Methane emissions last 10-15 years. Because methane is constantly emitted, the period that the IPCC should use is methane GWP 100.
8: The IPCC also does not adequately include the critical and increasing decline in carbon sinks in its current computer modeling. The condition of our global carbon sinks is critical to our future survival.
As global heating rises, the oceans, soils, and forests remove less carbon from the atmosphere. But, when they reach their internal tipping points, the oceans, soils, and forests reverse the good they were doing and start releasing the carbon they have removed and stored back into the atmosphere.
Click here to see the four reasons why the IPCC's 26 global climate conferences have failed to produce results or legitimate global fossil fuel reduction targets. To learn more about these IPCC climate conference failures, click here or the image below. The article starts with the most recent 2021 COP26 conference in Glasgow, Scotland.
Additional reasons for our 60 years of failure in reducing fossil fuel use and runaway global heating
1. The world's population has been subjected to a massive fossil fuel industry-sponsored disinformation and misinformation program. It makes the former disinformation and misinformation programs of the cigarette companies telling the public their products would not cause any harm to look like child's play.
Billions of dollars have been spent through the media and bogus think tanks, and bogus studies to present "evidence" that runaway global heating is not real, or that any real harm won't show up until after 2100, or a host of other falsehoods that serve a single purpose. Their intent is to create doubt about the legitimacy of the problem, which paralyzes necessary action and removes any urgency toward solving the problem. If you'd like to see just how far the fossil fuel companies will go to stop or slow the real fossil fuel usage reductions we need to make, click here.
2. We are not accounting for the cost of runaway global heating inaction in our cost-to-benefit studies. Its latest report, Fatal Calculations, takes aim at economists for failing to adequately account for the costs of inaction in their models, which in turn has been used by politicians to delay action.
“Despite the escalating climate disasters globally, not least our fires, this preoccupation with the cost of action — and a blind eye turned to overwhelming future damage — remains the dominant thinking within politics, business, and finance,” the Breakthrough report found.
“Because climate change is now an existential threat to human society, risk management and the calculation of potential future damages must pay disproportionate attention to the high-end, extreme possibilities, rather than focus on middle-of-the-spectrum probabilities.”
In a discussion paper released in May, titled COVID-19 climate lessons, Breakthrough draws parallels between climate change and the lack of preparedness for the pandemic.
“The world is sleepwalking towards disaster. The UN climate science and policymaking institutions are not fit-for-purpose and have never examined or reported on the existential risks,” the paper reads.
“There are no national or global processes to ensure that such risk assessments are undertaken and are efficacious. The World Economic Forum reports on high-end global risks, including climate disruption, once a year, and then everybody goes back to ignoring the real risks.”
4. There are many other contributing reasons for why we have failed to resolve the runaway global heating crisis over the last 60 years, but a major reason lies within the data we've been given and the organization trusted to give us that data. More of these other contributing reasons are fully discussed in the new book Climageddon.
The public has been grossly and systemically misinformed about the actual condition of the runaway global heating extinction emergency
The general public has no idea how bad it will get or how soon that will happen. The public also has no idea what the real global fossil fuel reduction targets must be, and they do not fully realize they are already unsafe and at extreme climate extinction risk.
The unfortunate, widespread, and gross misinformation given to the public about how bad runaway global heating is currently, will become, and that it is now almost out of control has occurred in significant part because of:
- the 60-year continuous and well-funded disinformation program of the fossil fuel industry.
major miscalculations, errors, and gross underestimations from the IPCC the world’s leading global warming authority by about 20-40% or more concerning how fast and severe the consequences of runaway global heating will be.
continuously failing to effectively slow or reverse runaway global heating. This is in spite of 60 years of loud and detailed warnings by credible climate scientists, verified scientific research, and 26 international conferences on how to solve the runaway global heating crisis.
we have crossed too many known and unknown important runaway global heating tipping points over the last 30+ years within our climate systems and subsystems that the public still does not know about. This tipping point crossing process invariably locks us into crossing even more dangerous known and unknown runaway global heating tipping points at faster and faster rates, which once again spikes up average global temperature far beyond what has been predicted by our global warming authorities. After we hit carbon 500 ppm, which is currently inescapable, we will hit carbon 600 ppm, which will most probably trigger a massive release of methane from the methane clathrate crystals found on the coastal ocean shelves, and that will trigger another massive temperature increase and the end of civilization in a massive extinction event, exactly as it has happened before.
- unconscionable groupthink illusions and delusions used and held by our global warming authorities at the Climate Conferences concerning possibilities of currently nonexistent atmospheric carbon removal and other new technologies, which may or may not be discovered and successfully implemented until sometime after 2050!
- the complexity of the global climate: the massive number of interconnections, interactions, interdependencies, tipping points, and nonlinear reactions within the climate's many complex adaptive systems and subsystems, making the big picture crisis of falling into irreversible runaway global heating invisible to all but a few scientists and big data analysts capable of processing such massive data complexity.
- we are now trapped by the reality of the minimum time needed to convert all global fossil fuel energy generation systems into green energy generation systems (currently over 100 years and probably much more). This means carbon in the atmosphere will reach carbon 500 ppm, where all ice and glaciers on the planet will begin and continue melting.
Illustrating the IPCC's underestimation
(The graphs below will help you visualize what the IPCC gross underestimation errors mean in various time frames and scenarios.)
The previously mentioned underestimation problems with the IPCC are not even its worst runaway global heating data integrity problem. It also has a problem with its runaway global heating tipping point and climate feedback education and disclosure scenarios.
To fully appreciate how important that fatal flaw is, it is necessary to review a bit of basic logic. There is a principle in logic that if all or a significant part of the foundational premise upon which you build a theory or solution is insufficient or false, the consequent theory or solution created will also be insufficient or false either in total or to a significant degree.
Keep this principle of logic in mind as there is a giant data analysis fatal flaw in the premise upon which the IPCC builds its global warming risk analysis for its global warming consequence prediction scenarios and timetables. To many individuals who are well-informed about global warming, this lack of cognizance by the IPCC about this second tipping point and climate feedback issue is seen as the one fatal flaw that will most quickly force us unknowingly into the later phases of the new Climageddon Scenario global warming prediction model.
Let’s review the four newest runaway global heating prediction scenarios provided in 2014 by the IPCC to the world’s politicians and policymakers. It will provide foundational evidence for the biggest flaw in the IPCC’s global warming risk analysis process and consequence prediction scenarios.
The following four global warming prediction scenarios of the IPCC are based on the assumption that we have no major climate system surprises such as going over more global warming tipping points. Those predictions are:
Scenario One: Global warming is, at the most optimistic of projections, only a 2° Celsius increase by 2100 (3.6° degrees Fahrenheit).
Scenario Two: Global warming is, at a more likely projection, a 3° Celsius increase by 2100 (5.4° degrees Fahrenheit).
Scenario Three: Global warming is, at the less optimistic of IPCC projections, only a 4° Celsius increase by 2100 (7.2° degrees Fahrenheit).
Scenario Four: Global warming is, at the least optimistic of IPCC projections, a 6° or more Celsius increase by 2100 (10.8°+ degrees Fahrenheit).
This graph shows four different trajectories for greenhouse gas concentrations. These representative concentration pathways (RCPs) show four potential climate futures. The lowest pathway, RCP2.6 (the bold blue line) shows an average global temperature increase of 1° Celsius. The highest pathway, RCP8.5, shows an average increase of 2.0° to 3.7° Celsius. Source: IPCC, 2013, FAQ 12.1, Figure 1. (8)
From each of the four IPCC prediction scenarios, what is missing and what has been unwisely omitted is the essential inclusion of tipping point calculations. The IPCC’s four prediction scenarios rest on the assumption that we will never go over any global warming tipping points in any of the climate’s major or minor systems or subsystems.
Planning for everything to go perfectly is the perfect plan for failure!
In effect, what the IPCC has done is to all but remove or ignore high-impact, often unrecoverable global warming, climate, human, and biological system tipping point variables that should have been included in an accurate and complete risk spectrum analysis. Without including and considering these critical high-impact tipping point consequence events in their master risk analysis, the IPCC has not met the minimum essential data inclusion threshold necessary to create a valid and complete global warming risk analysis that could be used to properly inform our politicians and policymakers, as well as the general public, of all real and significant current and future risks and timetables their nations and people face.
Correcting the underestimation in the current IPCC future average global temperature projections
It is useful to now update the IPCC’s four most recent 2014 average global temperature and time frame predictions (listed previously) while compensating for their regular underestimations of about 25-40%. Please keep in mind the IPCC’s 2014 prediction scenarios also do not include any calculations or adjustments for crossing more global warming tipping points during their prediction scenario periods.
Here is what the IPCC’s temperature and arrival date estimates might look like if their underestimation bias were corrected:
In IPCC Scenario 1, their most optimistic projection, they say we will have only a 2° Celsius increase by 2100 (3.6° Fahrenheit). (Please note that in all 4 graphs below, CS stands for Climageddon Scenario and the 25% and 40% are underestimation correction levels for the 4 IPCC prediction levels.)
At the 25% underestimation level, this means that we will reach 2.5° Celsius (4.5° Fahrenheit) about 21 years sooner than they predict will occur—at about 2079. This puts us in the latter part of Phase 1 of the Climageddon Scenario, or more likely, in the beginning of Phase 2.
At the 40% underestimation level, we will reach 2.9° Celsius (5.2°+ Fahrenheit) roughly 34 years sooner than they predict—at about 2066. This puts us somewhere within Phase 2 of the Climageddon Scenario.
In IPCC Scenario 2, their more likely projection, they say we will have only a 3° Celsius increase by 2100 (5.4° Fahrenheit).
At the 25% underestimation level, this means we will reach 3.5° Celsius (6.9° Fahrenheit) about 21 years sooner than they predict—at about 2079. This puts us in or near Phase 3 of the Climageddon Scenario.
At the 40% underestimation level, we will reach 4.2° Celsius (7.5° Fahrenheit) about 34 years sooner than they predict—at about 2066. This puts us in or near Phase 4 of the Climageddon Scenario.
In IPCC Scenario 3, their less optimistic projection, they say we will have only a 4° Celsius increase by 2100 (7.2°+ Fahrenheit).
At the 25% underestimation level, this means we will reach 5° Celsius (about 9° Fahrenheit) 21 years sooner than they predict—at about 2079. This puts us in or near the chaos and collapse of Phase 5 of the Climageddon Scenario.
At the 40% underestimation level, we will reach 5.6° Celsius (10° Fahrenheit) 34 years sooner than they predict—at about 2066. This also puts us in or closer to phase 5 of the Climageddon Scenario.
In IPCC Scenario 4, their least optimistic projection, they say we will have only a 6° or more Celsius increase by 2100 (10.8°+ Fahrenheit). A 6° Celsius increase in average global temperature is the end of most human life as we know it.
At the 25% underestimation level, this means that we will reach 7.8° Celsius (about 13.5° Fahrenheit) at about 2079. This will put us well into Phase 5 of the Climageddon Scenario.
At the 40% underestimation level, we will reach 8.4° Celsius (about 15° Fahrenheit) —at about 2066. This could put us in Phase 5 of the Climageddon Scenario faster than anyone is ready for.
(Please note: In the four corrected IPCC graphs above, we are using recalculated temperature estimates to extrapolate approximate placement positions for the graph’s new projected timelines. Rather than show the precise new time frames of a particular recalculated temperature, these four graphs illustrate relative differences from the IPCC’s predicted temperatures and time frames. These four graphs additionally point toward how unanticipated higher temperatures will also dramatically accelerate consequence arrival times and increase consequence severity. It is difficult to precisely recalculate new timeframes with temperature calculations only because there is always a delay in the actual time that it takes to get to higher temperatures because of inertia and momentum factors in climate systems and subsystems.)
What can we do to fix this IPCC nightmare?
The IPCC’s 20-40 % underestimation and non-existent carbon capture technology calculations present an absolute nightmare for anyone trying to do long-term planning, whether it be personal, business, local, regional, or national. When we take into account the IPCC's underestimation problems and bogus carbon capture calculations and come up with new temperature and timetable predictions, it appears any mid-term to long-term future planning based on the IPCC's predictions will put us in a world of hurt.
When we reach 5 to 6° Celsius (9-10.8° Fahrenheit), it will be the end of the world as we know it, and it is not far off in the future. When you factor in crossing more runaway global heating tipping points (which is highly probable and which was completely absent from the IPCC predictions, our world is in serious peril, not 40 or 80 years from now, but right now and over the next 20-40 years.
It is illogical beyond all comprehension to assign full responsibility for evaluating and predicting the single greatest security threat of the 21st century to a group of volunteer and underfunded climate scientists with the best of intentions who submit their research to a bureaucratic and underfunded United Nations agency. But who should be doing this work?
If not the IPCC, who is most qualified to take over the research and do future needed climate and global heating research and predictions?
It is clear the IPCC is not doing its job. The world's current leading authority on global warming is no longer the appropriate agent we can trust to manage the research, analysis, and planning necessary to save us from the escalating runaway global heating extinction emergency. The danger is so great and imminent that we can’t keep doing the same thing over and over, expecting a different result.
We have no other rational choice but to bypass any existing failed authorities, structures, and processes that have not worked and are not working. That is the only way we will have any honest hope of handling the runaway global heating extinction emergency.
Click here to read all about who should replace the IPCC and the many reasons why these organizations will be far, far better at doing the needed climate and global heating research and projections and protecting the future of humanity.
From what you have read above, do you feel deceived by the IPCC regarding these critical issues?
There are so many inaccuracies and underestimation problems within the IPCC climate summary reports that a rational individual would be justified in wondering if:
1. Are the IPCC's senior administrators super-incompetent, or have they been entirely compromised by United Nations political in-fighting? Or,
2. Are the IPCC's senior administrators secretly receiving payoffs from the fossil fuel industry representatives? Or,
3. Is there a conscious and intentional conspiracy by various interests to systemically deceive the general public regarding the current and future levels of safety and security relating to the real threats and timeframes of the runaway global heating extinction emergency? Or,
4. Are more than one of the above true?
There have been too many serious climate calculations problems over decades for these problems to be just accidental. It is not unreasonable to feel a sense of betrayal and a grossly misplaced trust in the IPCC.
Furthermore, the above questions are crucial to our future because the greatest loss caused by IPCC's underestimation and error problems is that it quells, if not removes, the appropriate sense of urgency essential to motivating the world to immediately deal with the runaway global heating extinction emergency's present and accelerating future threats.
- Because of the IPPC calculation problems listed above, the IPCC has repeatedly failed to adjust and adequately compensate for its failure to include all known climate tipping points, feedback loops, and the other serious error factors (above) in its calculations for its climate consequence predictions and its targets for correct global fossil fuel reductions. Therefore the IPCC's underestimated consequence predictions and global fossil fuel targets should not be relied upon without discounting them by 20-40% or more.
- Not only does the IPCC have a serious data underestimation problem, but it also has a problem with its runaway global heating tipping point education and disclosure scenarios.
- The recognized world authority on global warming has failed us. Continuing to use the IPCC’s inadequate runaway global heating data and the ever-increasing fossil fuel pollution of our atmosphere will inevitably lead to crossing more runaway global heating tipping points.
- The IPCC’s 25-40% underestimations will create an absolute nightmare for anyone trying to do mid-term or long-term planning, whether it be personal, business, city, or national, because the wrong facts will lead them to wrong actions and failure.
- When you factor in crossing more runaway global heating tipping points (which is highly probable and which was completely absent from the IPCC predictions), our world is in serious peril, not 40 or 80 years from now, but now and over the next 20-40 years.
- It is illogical beyond all comprehension to assign full responsibility for evaluating and predicting the single greatest security threat of the 21st century to a group of volunteer and underfunded climate scientists who submit their research to a bureaucratic and underfunded United Nations agency.
- The unresolved runaway global heating danger is so great and imminent that we have no other rational choice but to bypass any existing failed structures or processes that have not worked or are not working effectively.
- The IPCC’s illusions and delusions about a new miracle technology that will come into being and save us at the last minute sometime in the second half of the 21st century will be the undoing of us all.
- At best, we had about 40 years to make the necessary changes when we were warned 60 years ago by climate scientists. If we are very, very lucky, we have about ten years left to make the radical, costly, and painful changes that would've been far easier, cheaper, and less painful had we begun them 60 years ago.
- It is critically important to also understand that no compensatory calculations for the effects of any runaway global heating tipping points being crossed were ever included in the UN's Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change's (IPCC) calculations for precisely how much we have to reduce our global fossil fuel use to save ourselves from extinction. This is important because the IPCC's global fossil fuel reduction calculations are currently being used by all of the member governments of the United Nations (about 190 countries) for setting their own internal national fossil fuel reduction programs. This horrific failure to include crossing any runaway global heating tipping points in our current global and national fossil fuel reduction calculations is also true for the world's most recent 2015 Paris Climate Agreement. This omission of including proper calculations for crossing global warming tipping points as the world continues to warm is the recipe for mutually assured destruction. Yes, this failure to include allowance calculations for crossed tipping points shockingly also means that the national fossil fuel reduction programs of every member of the United Nations using the 2015 Paris Climate Agreement targets are also based on incomplete and inaccurate calculations. (Click here for the correct 2025 global fossil fuel reduction targets.) And finally,
- Keep in mind that our government leaders have utterly failed to see the coming pain and suffering of the COVID-19 pandemic, nor did they adequately prepare for it. Our government leaders are also not seeing or adequately preparing for the runaway global heating extinction emergency, which is already happening and will be far, far worse than COVID-19!
- After reading this page and the critical pages linked to it, you, too, have probably realized that the underpaid administrators of the IPCC have been either overwhelmed or compromised by the 28 trillion dollars a year fossil fuel industry. The summary climate reports administrated and created by them can no longer be relied upon as accurate or serving the well-being of the world's citizens.
- The many current government or UN, or other-promoted 2050, 2040, 2035 competing global fossil fuel reduction targets and deadlines are dangerously wrong. These wrong targets and deadlines are also promoted by many of our most trusted environmental groups.
- The above article should have answered the following question for you. Why are we continually being given so many different, incorrect, and grossly underestimated global fossil fuel reduction targets, deadlines, and net-zero emissions pledges by our governments and the media?
Despite being the world's most recognized authority on global warming (aka climate change,) the United Nations Intergovernmental Panel On Climate Change (IPCC) has consistently understated the intensity and timeframes of runaway global heating, as well as the danger that it represents.
- There can be no margin for error whenever there is a real and imminent threat of total human extinction.
The essential positive perspective on the above disruptive runaway global heating and climate change news
Despite the many types of challenging runaway global heating consequences and past fossil fuel reduction mistakes that we now face, we can still learn from their feedback, and we can adapt and evolve to make life as good and as happy as possible. No matter how severe the coming runaway global heating consequences might become, if we wisely play the remaining cards that we have been dealt with, we can still achieve the best remaining possible outcomes.
We can yet make a significant difference in reducing global fossil fuel use to stabilize and save the future of humanity by executing a comprehensive reduction and survival plan like the Job One for Humanity runaway global heating action plan.
We can still maintain the perseverance needed to succeed in this monumental task by regularly reviewing the many benefits which will unfold as we work successfully on this together. (Click here to review those benefits.)
We can persevere through this time of emergency. We just need to remember that our greatest challenges are also the seeds of our greatest opportunities.
We are engaged in nothing less than the most critical and meaningful evolutionary opportunity, challenge, and adventure in human history! It is our last opportunity to slow down the mass human extinction threat by getting close to these 2025 global fossil fuel reduction targets. Only reaching these targets will fully remove the near-total extinction threat. In reaching these targets, we also significantly improve many of the world's other 12 major challenges.
(Click here to discover why total human extinction is not realistic or probable, and the worst humanity will experience is near-total extinction (50 to 90+% of humanity going extinct.)
Get started today on the Job One for Humanity runaway global heating reduction and survival plan. Help save and salvage as much of humanity and our beautiful civilization as is possible.
- Glenn Scherer. "How the IPCC Underestimated Climate Change." Scientific American. December 6, 2012. https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/climate-science-predictions-prove-too-conservative/
- "Scientific consensus: Earth's climate is warming." Climate.Nasa.Gov. Last modified January 24, 2017. http://climate.nasa.gov/scientific-consensus/
- Dana Nuccitelli. "Vision Prize: scientists are worried the IPCC is underestimating sea level rise." The Guardian. February 18, 2014. https://www.theguardian.com/environment/climate-consensus-97-per-cent/2014/feb/18/scientists-worried-ipcc-underestimate-sea-level-rise
- Bill McKibben. "The IPCC is stern on climate change - but it still underestimates the situation." The Guardian. November 2, 2014. https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2014/nov/02/ipcc-climate-change-carbon-emissions-underestimates-situation-fossil-fuels
- Solomon, S., D. Qin, M. Manning, Z. Chen, M. Marquis, K.B. Averyt, M. Tignor, and H.L. Miller, eds., "Contribution of Working Group I to the Fourth Assessment Report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change," (Cambridge: Cambridge University Press), http://www.ipcc.ch/report/ar4/wg1/
- Chris Mooney. "The world's climate change watchdog may be underestimating global warming." The Washington Post. October 30, 2014. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2014/10/30/climate-scientists-arent-too-alarmist-theyre-too-conservative/?utm_term=.8e8e665ddf76
- Nicholas Stern. "Economics: Current climate models are grossly misleading." Nature.com. February 24, 2016. http://www.nature.com/news/economics-current-climate-models-are-grossly-misleading-1.19416
- FAQ 12.1, Figure 1, from Collins, M., R. Knutti, J. Arblaster, J.-L. Dufresne, T. Fichefet, P. Friedlingstein, X. Gao, W.J. Gutowski, T. Johns, G. Krinner, M. Shongwe, C. Tebaldi, A.J. Weaver, and M. Wehner, 2013: Long-term Climate Change: Projections, Commitments, and Irreversibility. In: Climate Change 2013: The Physical Science Basis. Contribution of Working Group I to the Fifth Assessment Report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change [Stocker, T.F., D. Qin, G.-K. Plattner, M. Tignor, S.K. Allen, J. Boschung, A. Nauels, Y. Xia, V. Bex and P.M. Midgley (eds.)]. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, United Kingdom and New York, NY, USA.
- Climate Scoreboard. http://www.climateinteractive.org/programs/scoreboard/ Climate Interactive. Accessed December 13, 2016.
- Most of the preceding information about the escalating warming extinction emergency can be found in the Climageddon book. Get your copy now! Your book purchase helps support the social benefit mission of Job One for Humanity to end global warming. Each purchase of Climageddon helps support the Job One for Humanity nonprofit organization, and our Job One plan to help you and the world survive global warming.
- If you are interested in understanding the climate science and analysis procedures we used to present the above information, click here for a technical explanation of our climate research process.
Last upgraded on 9.30.22Sign up
(These pages are greatly expanded, including extensive footnotes, in the new book: Climageddon.)
Global warming is a term used for the observed century-scale rise in the average temperature of the Earth's climate system and its related effects. Scientists are more than 95% certain that nearly all of global warming is caused by increasing concentrations of greenhouse gases (GHGs) and other human-caused emissions.
Within the earth's atmosphere, accumulating greenhouse gases like water vapor, carbon dioxide, methane, nitrous oxide, and ozone are the gases within the atmosphere that absorb and emit heat radiation. Increasing or decreasing amounts of greenhouse gases within the atmosphere act to either hold in or release more of the heat from the sun.
Our atmosphere is getting hotter, more turbulent, and more unpredictable because of the “boiling and churning” effect caused by the heat-trapping greenhouse gases within the upper layers of our atmosphere. With each increase of carbon, methane, or other greenhouse gas levels in the atmosphere, our local weather and global climate is further agitated, heated, and “boiled.”
Global warming is gauged by the increase in the average global temperature of the Earth. Along with our currently increasing average global temperature, some parts of the Earth may actually get colder while other parts get warmer—hence the idea of average global temperature. Greenhouse gas-caused atmospheric heating and agitation also increase the unpredictability of the weather and climate, and dramatically increase the severity, scale, and frequency of storms, droughts, wildfires, and extreme temperatures.
Global warming can reach levels of irreversibility, and increasing levels of global warming can eventually reach an extinction level where humanity and all life on earth will end. In this book, irreversible global warming is defined as a continuum of increasing temperature that causes the global climate to rapidly change until those higher temperatures becomes irreversible on practical human time scales. The eventual temperature range associated with triggering and marking the beginning of the irreversible global warming processes is an increase in average global temperature of 2.2°-4° Celsius (4°-7.2° Fahrenheit) above preindustrial levels.
Extinction level global warming is defined in this book as temperatures exceeding preindustrial levels by 5-6° Celsius (9-10.8° Fahrenheit) or the extinction of all planetary life, or the eventual loss of our atmosphere. If our atmosphere is also lost, this is referred to as runaway global warming. The result would be similar to what is thought to have happened to Venus 4 billion years ago, resulting in a carbon-rich atmosphere and minimum surface temperatures of 462 °C.
The temperature levels described above for irreversible and extinction level global warming are not hard and rigid boundaries, but boundary ranges that describe the related consequences and their intensities within a certain level of global warming. These temperature boundary levels may be modified by future research. More about irreversible global warming and extinction-level global warming can come about because of complex interactions that will be explained fully in Chapter 4. Chapter 4 and Chapter 5 will set the foundation necessary to understand how we are already creating the conditions that will precipitate irreversible and extinction-level global warming if we keep going as we are now.
How long carbon dioxide remains in our atmosphere
Carbon dioxide is currently the most important greenhouse gas related to global warming. For the longest time, our scientists believed that once in the atmosphere, carbon dioxide remains there for about 100 years. New research shows that is not true. 75% of that carbon will not disappear for thousands of years. The other 25% stays forever. We are creating a serious global warming crisis that will last far longer than we ever thought possible.
"The lifetime of fossil fuel CO2 in the atmosphere is a few centuries, plus 25 percent that lasts essentially forever. The next time you fill your tank, reflect upon this...[the climatic impacts of releasing fossil fuel CO2 to the atmosphere will last longer than Stonehenge… Longer than time capsules, longer than nuclear waste, far longer than the age of human civilization so far." —“Carbon is forever,” Mason Inman
How carbon dioxide in our atmosphere is tracked
Atmospheric carbon from fossil fuel burning is the main human-caused factor in the escalating global warming we are experiencing now. The current level of carbon in our atmosphere is tracked using what is called the Keeling curve. The Keeling curve measures atmospheric carbon in parts per million (ppm).
Each year, many measurements are taken at Mauna Loa, Hawaii to determine the parts per million (ppm) of carbon in the atmosphere at that time. At the beginning of the Industrial Revolution around 1880, before we began fossil fuel burning, our atmospheric carbon ppm level was at about 270. Here is the current Keeling curve graph for where we are today:
Keeling Curve Monthly CO2 graph, via Show.earth
As you can see, we are not doing very well. In later chapters, you will learn what this exponentially rising carbon means to your future. You also will see other graphs that will show you how today’s atmospheric carbon levels compare to those of our near and far distant past (hundreds, thousands, hundreds of thousands, and millions of years ago).
No matter what you hear in the media, if the total carbon ppm level is not going down or carbon’s average ppm level per year is not falling or at least slowing its steep increase, we are not making any significant progress on resolving the escalating global warming emergency. Total atmospheric carbon and carbon’s average ppm level per year are the mostdependable measurements of our progress and a predictor of what will be happening with global warming and its many consequences.
From the new Climageddon book:
There is far more information about the escalating warming emergency in the new Climageddon book. Get your copy now! Your book purchase helps support the social benefit mission of Job One for Humanity to end global warming.Sign up
Global warming is a term used for the observed century-scale rise in the average temperature of the Earth's climate system and its related effects. Scientists are more than 95% certain that nearly all of global warming is caused by increasing concentrations of greenhouse gases (GHGs) and other human-caused emissions.Sign up
To make a secure one-time, tax-deductible online donation of any amount, please use the fill-in form at the bottom of this page. You will receive a email receipt for tax deduction purposes.
A Little About Us and Our Commitment
We are a non-profit, independent, and 100% publicly funded climate change think tank. We provide an uncensored "big picture" analysis of the many inter-connected and inter-dependent climate systems creating our current climate change emergency and runaway global heating.
We hold that ALL global citizens should have the same climate change knowledge as those in privileged governmental positions or those possessing great wealth.
Unrestricted and uncensored climate risk knowledge is critical for global citizens to wisely initiate survival-related emergency preparations, adaptations, or relocations for the coming avoidable and unavoidable climate catastrophes. Furthermore, our free climate facts and analysis ensure that every global citizen can protect themselves, their families, and their businesses equally as well as those with the privileges of high-security governmental positions or great wealth.
Your donations help make the above happen, and here is our special holiday membership promotion.
All new members will receive 5 amazing ebooks (a $42.00 value) as our thank you gift. And, they will also receive special access privileges to highly valuable climate-related and other global crises information found only in the Members section of our websites, a $9.00 annual value.
Here are the five ebooks you will receive:
- “In Our Hands” by Wilford H Welch is a $9.99 ebook. In Our Hands is the result of extensive research into climate science and the use of systems thinking and driving forces analysis. Using these methods, Wilford makes sense of the climate crisis and what we all need to do to address it. He lays out two futures, one looking back from 2050 and the actions we took to save ourselves; the other, entitled "The Road to Ruin," shows how the world collapsed into chaos by mid-century due to our failure to take effective actions. Here are some reviews of just updated great book on Amazon.
- "Climageddon: the Climate Change and Global Warming Survival Kit" by Lawrence Wollersheim is an $8.95 value. The Climageddon book will show you the scientific evidence on how bad global warming really is, how bad it is going to get, and, how soon the worst of the now unavoidable consequences of global warming will destabilize you, your family, business, or nation. Climageddon describes the 20 worst global warming consequences, and it also lays out the 11 most critical global warming tipping points that should strike terror in the minds and hearts of everyone involved in short-term, mid-range, and long-range essential planning. Understanding the 11 global warming tipping points is critical because crossing a few more of them over the next several decades will initiate the end of humanity and civilization. Having the systemic analysis found within Climageddon also shows you how to stay ahead of the coming global warming-related financial market unpredictability and crashes. These will occur naturally because of the escalating consequences of continually rising temperatures on food crops, related businesses, and global political stability. Climageddon has scores of great reviews on Amazon and, you can download it in one of the three most popular ebook reader formats.
- For those who do not like reading complex climate change scientific research and still want to be entertained and educated about the challenging climate change subject, we have the ebook version of "On Vestige Way" by David Spielberg (a $9.00 ebook value.) It is an emotion-packed CLI-Fi (climate fiction) novel about how global warming affects the future and fate of the world's Millennials, generation Z, corporations. It also describes a massive rearrangement of the political alliances we take for granted. It is so hard to put down you will be missing work and sleep wondering what happens next to the story's heroes and heroines struggling with the genuine global warming future the younger generations will face. Yet, it is one of the most scientifically accurate of all of the CLI-FI books we have reviewed. (The author, like the other listed authors, made their Ebooks available to us because they wanted to support our critical mission work!) You can read the Amazon reviews on this book here.
- “Climate and Ecological Delusions and Contradictions that Will Soon End Humanity” by Michael Mielke. This $8.95 value ebook explains and elaborates in great detail on the carbon capture technology delusion and the many other global crises we face. A necessary read and update on new technology delusions that will not save us in time.
- You will also receive a free ebook copy of "Collapse 2020, Vol 1: Fall of the First Global Civilization by Bruce Nappi." This $8.95 value ebook lays out a strong case on why we must prepare for the first-ever climate change-aggravated, global collapse coming within mere decades. Collapse 2020 digs into the major chaos of today’s world: climate change, liberal-conservative polarization, gridlock in governments, and massive social injustice. (PDF format only.)
While the five free ebooks above are an excellent extra benefit for making a $2.00 monthly donation and becoming a member (or renewing your membership.) And, there are several even more important reasons why you will want to access the members-only section of our website!
More Big Member Benefits
As a member, you will know what the ultra-wealthy know about our global warming future and what they don't know (unless, of course, they are also members at Job One.) Our nonprofit organization has spent almost $100,000 acquiring and researching the information found in the members-only section.
Hedge funds, investment bankers, real estate conglomerates, and ultra-wealthy individuals and corporations worldwide are spending thousands of dollars each year with global warming risk analysis companies to access the information you will find in our members-only section. Trillions of dollars in personal and corporate wealth will either be made or lost because one either understands or does not understand the many consequences of our rapidly accelerating global warming emergency.
As a member, you will have full access to the nonpublic global warming website information as described below:
1. critical prediction information on how, when, and where the escalating global warming emergency will affect:
a. local, regional, and national real estate values and finances,
b. stock market values, specifically corporations whose stocks and bonds will be most affected as the global warming emergency worsens,
c. commodity prices as regionalized crops and other commodities fail because of increased heat or other global warming consequences, as well as which food prices will rise the fastest, etc.,
d. increased political conflict or instability probabilities, particularly relating to a nation's regionalized specific global warming consequences.
2. first alerts and early warnings about the coming global warming catastrophes,
3. exclusive global warming emergency preparation and adaptation information for your family, home, and business.
4. well-researched global warming family and business migration options for the sparse global warming safer zones (For those of you who live in global warming high-risk areas.)
And finally, in addition to the above, your donations provide critical financial support for our nonprofit organization's ongoing research, goals, and mission.
Your Donation Receipt
You will also receive an electronic receipt each month for your online monthly tax-deductible donation. The name “F.A.C.T.net Inc.” will show on the PayPal payment screen and on the electronic record of your donation to Job One for Humanity. Job One for Humanity is a DBA and subsidiary of Factnet Inc., a 501(c)(3) IRS recognized nonprofit social benefit organization online since 1993.
Guidestar, the leading non-profit organization that evaluates other non-profit organizations for their financial and mission transparency has reviewed us and given us their Seal of Financial Transparency.
Why donate and become a member now?
When you donate you:
1. become a member for one year and you receive all of the many valuable members-only benefits listed above.
2. help us promote the effective Job One for Humanityglobal warming survival plan and our mission focused on serving the public good and doing everything necessary to slow or prevent a global warming-caused mass extinction event!
What could be more important to support and be a part of?
To donate by mail:
Make your check payable to Factnet and send to: Factnet (Job One for Humanity), PMB 2167, Laughlin, Nevada 89029.
For other types ways of giving:
For Bequests, annuities, trusts, life insurance, etc., click here!
Other actions you can take now:
Subscribe to the Global Warming News Blog
Get the new game changing, global warming busting book: Climageddon
Click here for Part 1 of the Job one Plan on how to best prepare yourself, family and business for the unavoidable 20 worst consequences of global warming.
Click here for Part 2 of the Job One Plan on the best individual actions to help slow and lessen the unavoidable 20 worst consequences of global warming so that more of us will suffer less and survive.
Click here for Part 3 of the Job One Plan for the critical collective actions we must get done to prevent extinction.
Click here for Part 4 of the Job One Plan for new ideas on how we can get the must do critical actions of Part 3 of the Job One plan done.
Check out the Job One for Humanity website!
You can access our website's many features by activating your account from the email we just sent you.
Activating your account is free and you can change your account or unsubscribe at any time.
Please go to your activation email and click the link we sent you to activate your new account. This confirms your identity and protects us both from spambots.
If you do not see your activation email check your junk or spam folders, or that you have entered the right email.
The Job One for Humanity Climate and Global Crises Relisience Plan guides you through 4 levels of personal and collective actions you can take to help slow, and lessen the climate change emergency.
You can make a real difference in helping to resolve escalating climate change and global warming!
Please also select what interests you most about our climate change work from the list further below if you have not done so already!
The Job One TeamSign up
Write Climate Change Emergency Action Letters to World's Wealthiest Individuals, Corporations & Celebrities
There is not enough time left for only bottom-up action and change. We must educate the world's wealthiest individuals, corporations, and celebrities that only their great influence over the politicians of the world will end the climate change emergency in time to save us from irreversible global warming and extinction.
Please note these are only samples and need to be personalized as described in this link:
Here are sample letters you can use and other information you will need to begin writing these letters: