"You cannot be called an alarmist if there really is something to be alarmed about." Unknown
Our members and visitors appreciate this organization because we treat them with respect as adults and we tell them the difficult truths and difficult actions we now must do to make the best of our almost impossible current global warming situation. The harsh reality and new facts of global warming are:
a. We are already in an undeclared global warming extinction emergency.
c. Many of global warming's very worst consequences are already unavoidable no matter what we do right now!
d. If we miss the critical 2025 global fossil fuel reduction targets, within our lifetimes (the next 30 to 50 years), we face the highest likelihood of mass extinction for a large portion of humanity (70-90% if not all,) as well as global economic, political and social chaos in what is called the Climageddon Scenario extinction model. (If you have not read this essential page about our current global warming extinction emergency, we strongly advise to do so before reading the rest of our mission. Our very focused mission will make a lot more sense after reading that page.)
Many of the individuals who use this website have already come to the conclusion that unless we make huge fossil fuel reductions immediately, a large portion of humanity is well on its way toward unconscionable suffering and extinction within their lifetimes. They are already aware that this threat comes from the current global warming extinction emergency and the 6 other major global challenges facing humanity converging upon and into each other.
Our mission and role
If we miss the 2025 global fossil fuel reduction targets, we will cross the last chance global warming tipping point and we will rapidly cross the next 2 extinction-evoking tipping points with all of their unthinkable and unavoidable consequences for as long as the next 30-50 years. Therefore and logically, what we and our organization must do as its prime mission is to prevent global warming extinction.
The main way we will avoid this horrible outcome is to achieve the following critical objectives to resolve the global warming extinction emergency:
a. ensure the nations of the world achieve the 2025 global fossil fuel reduction targets,
b. once that is done restore the carbon parts per million level in the atmosphere back to its preindustrial safe level of about carbon 250 to 270 parts per million,
c. prepare for and adapt to the many global warming consequences that we can no longer avoid, while
c. trying to save, salvage and protect whatever we can of humanity and civilization just in case we fail to hit the last chance 2025 global fossil fuel reduction targets which would prevent mass extinction within our lifetimes.
We are doing this by:
a. being a respectful disruptor challenging any organization or individual that presents false or misleading analysis or information about our global warming extinction emergency that minimizes or diminishes the current threat or, what we must do to save humanity in time. (Click here for precisely what we mean when we say we are respectful disruptors.)
b. doing everything we can to motivate our governments to slow escalating global warming enough to prevent near-term extinction by achieving the last chance 2025 global fossil fuel reduction targets. To do this they have to create and enforcing new fossil fuel reduction laws so more of us can survive longer and suffer less. (See Parts three and Part four of the Job One plan.)
c. warning you (and society,) about our current state of out of control global warming (for as long as the next 30-50 years,) and why our governments must immediately and radically reduce fossil fuel use to achieve the 2025 targets. If we hit the 2025 targets there is still a small possibility we can prevent or at least slow down the process of crossing the carbon 600 ppm final extinction level tipping point.
d. helping you as an individual to prepare for and to adapt to the bitter reality of the high likelihood of living in a world where as much as 70-90+ percent of the unprepared human population will first suffer horribly then die within our lifetimes. We have to face the fact that all we may be able to do at this point is to save and salvage whatever we can to prevent the complete extinction of humanity and end of civilization.
Global warming extinction is no longer a remote possibility coming sometime after 2100 as we been lulled into believing by our government's inaction, mass extinction in many areas of the world will be arriving as soon as the next 30 to 50 years if we do not immediately make the required 2025 radical global fossil fuel cuts! (For information on how to prepare and adapt for what is coming so more of us live longer and suffer less is contained in both Part 1 of the Job One Plan and then Part 2 of the Job One Plan) and,
e. helping so-inclined individuals and groups create sustainable, self-organizing and independent eco-communities in global warming-safe locations to help make sure that enough of these new eco-communities are established and well-prepared enough to survive the escalating onslaught of now unavoidable global warming catastrophes. These new experimental eco-communities will be absolutely essential to help carry forward the survival of humanity, human culture, and civilization if we fail to make the required radical and immediate 2025 global fossil fuel reductions.
(Please see the Universe Community sections of our sister website for all the information you will need to do to create and self-organize your own sustainable eco-community in a global warming-safe zone.)
f. Once and if we have survived this global warming extinction emergency and we have learned the painful experiential lessons it will teach us, we (this organization and the new eco-communities mentioned above,) will promote a new, survival-proven understanding of equitable and sustainable living and livelihoods for all of the Earth's remaining survivors. This will help transform the trauma and unthinkable losses of the highly likely coming Great Collapse and Great Die-off into a springboard for a Great Rebuilding and new beginning
This will help facilitate the rebuilding of a better and more equitable world for ALL that will thrive for hundreds more generations. If the Great Collapse and Great Die-off is inevitable because we and our institutions continue to refuse to alter our unsustainable fossil fuel behavior, at least, the Great Collapse can be utilized as what had to take place for a new, and potentially better beginning for humanity. (Click here to learn about that the ideas of a new Sustainable Prosperity.)
A major good news of the upgraded Job One for Humanity mission is that the most unthinkable global warming reality of humanity crossing the carbon 600 parts per million (ppm,) extinction tipping point within in just a few decades (described in full on this page) can possibly still be slowed down just enough so that some, probably much smaller portion of humanity survives. This slowing could be achieved by immediately enacting the greatest government-driven mass mobilization of our civilization's resources to radically cut fossil fuel use as described in our Job One Plan, Part 3.
Unfortunately, most of our world is ensconced presently in some form of global warming denial or global warming ignorance or intentional deception, and not just the most obvious kind related to whether global warming is real or not. Most of the world isn't even close to realizing how bad global warming already is or, how bad it's going to get far sooner than anyone's telling you, (except for organizations like ourselves.)
Our collective job then is to first prepare ourselves, our families, our businesses and those few brave and bright individuals who are able to see, feel or understand the harsh reality of what is coming.
It will not be pretty or easy.
Our world will change dramatically in just a short 10 to 20 years from now.
Our mission is to help those we can who are ready to navigate this uncertain, perilous, and threatening future which has now become our banquet of unthinkable and unavoidable global warming consequences.
More About Our Mission
Because of these new global warming realities as (found on this page,) our educational mission has become to make you aware and warn both you and society about the most important global warming extinction tipping point of carbon 600 ppm (parts per million.) Once we cross this final 600 ppm tipping point we enter extinction-level global warming a 5°C increase in average global temperature and the last phases of the Climageddon Scenario. (Once we cross the carbon 500 PPM tipping point we will have a 4°C increase in average global temperature and all ice on earth will begin melting. Anything at or above a 4°Celcius increase in average global temperature would be incompatible with an organized global society and would be beyond adaptation!)
We also want to help you do everything within your power to cause a cut in all developing nations carbon emissions by 75% by 2025 and then cut down to zero by 2035 as the only honest solution with any realistic hope of keeping us safe from the likelihood of extinction. We either successfully do these fossil fuel cuts to this level or most of us under 50, our children and our grandchildren (eventually as much as 70-90% of the population,) will suffer and die from global warming escalating consequences as soon as 2050-2070 (depending on where you live in the world.)
Never forget, if we fail, there will be literally no bearable future you or I would want to survive through if we do not make the required critical fossil fuel cuts mentioned previously. Never forget we are not talking about vague statistics here, but the lives of you, your family and billions of other individuals, families, and children all over the world! Click here to see your first action steps on the Job One plan.
We will also help you prepare for (Part 1 of the Job One Plan,) and adapt to (Part 2 of the Job One Plan,) our rapidly escalating global warming extinction emergency in order that we can still salvage whatever we can of humanity and civilization
How our mission will be executed:
- We vigorously promote that there is no other way to survive this emergency unless we come together immediately and cooperate as one human family to reach the 2025 global fossil fuel reduction goals. This is because if we do not cooperate in a massive global emergency mobilization of ALL of humanity's required resources there will be NO winners! Even the ultra-wealthy will only survive temporarily migrating to the far north. Our core message is quite simple. Either we all cooperate on resolving this emergency immediately or we all die! (See part 3 and 4 of the Job One Plan for more information on this no win situation if we do not cooperate.)
- We promote the honest global warming hope that ONLY if we prevent ourselves from crossing the carbon 600 ppm final battle line, will there still be a small window of opportunity for humanity and the best of our civilization to survive.
- We use the best climate science available.
- We will promote the mass global mobilization and governmental actions for radically increasing green energy generation. This will not solve the fossil fuel problem in time, but it will help slow down the coming consequences a bit more to save more individuals.
- We do only what is deadline and effectiveness prioritized in the proper sequence to save as much of humanity and civilization as we can.
- We will provide honest global warming consequence prediction timetables and a new model called the Climageddon Scenario. (This is very critical prediction information will keep you from being surprised so that you have adequate time to prepare for the unavoidable coming consequences.
- We use the free Job One Plan to help individuals slow and lessen what is now unavoidable, cope with the emotional implications of our now out of control global warming, create emergency preparedness, and effectively adapt as long as we can for a difficult future.
- We foster tapping into our deepest philosophical and spiritual reserves to help us endure and make sense of the tremendous suffering and sacrifice ahead.
- We promote utilizing this unprecedentedly difficult and urgent situation to enhance and expand the meaning and purpose of our lives, and to help us develop and broaden our character.
- We promote maintaining as positive of a perspective as is possible throughout all of the coming hardships. Click here to see a summary of the 16 surprise positive perspectives on things that can happen in this emergency that might help you sustain your positive perspective through this challenge.
- We actively promote enjoying your life today as fully as is possible because there are no guarantees and we may not succeed.
- We practice that there is no one to blame for this out of control global warming extinction emergency. For the last three decades, our current governmental systems have so protected or incentivized fossil fuel use that curtailing it was all but impossible. Additionally, the climate is so complex that only a handful of individuals had both the intellectual bandwidth and the years of climate study to fully grasp how global warming would get out of our control and become out of control so fast. Those few individuals did not have sufficient governmental influence to prevent global warming from becoming out of control. The last thing we need to do is to polarize and waste resources in energy-depleting blame.
The substeps to achieving our full mission above for individuals are:
- To help individuals first understand and then predict the next wave of global warming-aggravated disasters using the warning signs that almost all of us will inevitably experience either now, soon or in the near future. Click here for that information.
- To help individuals create the emergency backup plans and emergency supplies they will need for short-term recovery from the escalating consequences of global warming aggravated disasters and out of control global warming. Click here for details on how to do this.
- To help individuals, wherever possible, to adapt locally to the new realities of out of control global warming. Click here for details on how to do this.
- Where local adaptation strategies are neither possible nor wise, to help as many people as possible migrate to global warming-safe locations. (This also means relocating essential key infrastructure near or above the 45th parallel north, near, or below the 45th parallel south. Click here for details on how to do this.)
- to educate individuals and groups on how to create their personal lifestyles and livelihoods toward a true Sustainable Prosperity. This along with key collective actions by our governments will in turn also help slow and lessen the speed of this rapidly unfolding catastrophe. (If global warming caused extinction seems unrealistic to you, please see the phase-by-phase global warming extinction process as it unfolds described in the Climageddon Scenario overview here or more fully in the new Climageddon book.)
For additional important areas of global warming information and news:
If you want to learn the story of our organization and more about how this just recently upgraded mission statement came about, click here.
Click here for some surprise benefits of our global warming extinction emergency. (We strongly recommend that everyone reads this good news section to help counterbalance the difficult news about our current global warming extinction emergency.)
To learn more about the full Job One Plan that will is designed to achieve the mission above, click here.
If you want to know how the gross misinformation of the public catastrophe occurred as mentioned above, click here and go to the section How this Gross Misinformation Occurred.
If you want to learn the most accurate way that you can personally tell if we are making progress in reducing global warming, click here.
We are, unfortunately, already moving rapidly through the 6 phases of the Climageddon Scenario extinction model. Click the preceding link to learn more.
If you feel our mission is important to your future and you want to support it and see it succeed:
Click here to make a fast, easy tax-deductible online donation.
Mission Statement Version 4.6, April 26, 2019