"You cannot be called an alarmist if there really is something to be alarmed about." Unknown
The "Elevator Presentation" Version of Our Mission
Because the urgency for action is so great, our current 5-year mission focus is:
To prevent mass human, animal, and biological extinction within our lifetimes by ensuring that the world meets the last chance, 2025 global fossil fuel reduction targets.
The primary way we will prevent global warming-caused mass extinction within our lifetimes is to successfully achieve the following five objectives:
B. We shock the world awake to our extinction emergency with the scientific evidence that global warming is far, far worse than our governments and the media are telling us.
C. We challenge the people of the world to prove the science we are presenting wrong. (One shocking fact that we are not being told is that we only have until 2025 to maintain any meaningful control of our global warming future.)
D. We respectfully disrupt individuals and organizations that do not educate about the real global warming extinction emergency. Especially those that present false or misleading information as to the accurate targets and deadlines needed for global fossil fuel reduction.
This disruption includes disrupting some of the world's most prestigious environmental organizations. If we can't get the world's leading environmental organizations working as one focusing on the correct fossil fuel reduction targets and timeframes, there is scant hope that humanity will survive. (Click here to see our respectful disruption policy.)
E. We will always present accurate and rational hope for the future whenever we offer shocking or disheartening facts about our current global warming extinction emergency. This hope is solidly based on what is still possible to do.
The "Why" Behind Our Mission
Our members and visitors appreciate our organization because we treat them with respect as adults. We tell them the painful truths and difficult actions we now must take to make the best of an almost impossible global warming emergency. Those harsh new facts of global warming are:
a. We are already in an undeclared global warming extinction emergency. (Click here to see why.)
c. Many of global warming's very worst consequences are already unavoidable no matter what we do right now!
d. Within our lifetimes (the next 30 to 50 years,) we face the high probability of a mass human, animal, and biological extinction. This will affect a large portion of humanity about 70-90% if not all, but only if we miss the critical 2025 global fossil fuel reduction targets. We will also soon face expanding global economic, political, and social chaos in what is called the Climageddon Scenario extinction model and countdown.
e. We have to radically reduce global fossil fuel use now to meet the 2025 global targets to save billions of lives, prevent untold human suffering as well as keep humanity and most animals, and biological species from going extinct in what will become the 6th Great Extinction event of earth's history.
Many of the individuals who use this website will come to (or have already come to,) the conclusion that unless we make vast and immediate fossil fuel reductions, a large portion of humanity is on its way to unconscionable suffering and extinction within their lifetimes. They are already (or will soon become,) aware that this real extinction threat comes from the current global warming emergency and the 6 other major global challenges facing humanity converging upon and into each other.
Our expanded and post-2025 mission
We will cross the last chance global warming tipping point if we miss the 2025 global fossil fuel reduction targets. Then we will rapidly pass the next 2 extinction-evoking carbon 500 and 600 parts per million tipping points with all of their unthinkable and unavoidable consequences.
Therefore and logically, what our organization must do as its prime and continuous mission is to prevent global warming mass human, animal, and biological extinction.
The primary way we will avoid this horrible outcome is to achieve the following additional critical objectives needed to resolve the global warming extinction emergency:
a. help individuals, businesses and nations prepare for and adapt to the many global warming consequences which we can no longer avoid, while also
b. try to save, salvage and protect whatever we can of humanity, civilization and animal and biological species just in case we fail to hit the last chance 2025 global fossil fuel reduction targets. If we fail we will experience mass human extinction and social chaos within our lifetimes, and if we are successful in reaching the 2025 global fossil fuel reduction targets,
c. restore the carbon parts per million level in the atmosphere (now at about carbon 414 ppm,) back to its preindustrial safe level of about carbon 250 to 270 parts per million once we have met the 2025 global fossil fuel reduction targets.
We are doing all of the above by:
a. promoting the highest level of national and international cooperation and mass mobilization in human history. We either cooperate together *at the highest levels and scale,) or we will ALL eventually die together in the ever-worsening and unending meltdown of global warming consequences with crossed global warming tipping points.
b. doing everything we can to motivate our governments to slow escalating global warming enough to prevent near-term extinction by achieving the last chance 2025 global fossil fuel reduction targets. To do this they have to create and enforcing new fossil fuel reduction laws so more of us can survive longer and suffer less. (See Parts three and Part four of the Job One plan.)
c. warning you (and society,) through our strategy of "shock and challenge" about our current state of out of control global warming (for as long as the next 30-50 years,) and why our governments must immediately and radically reduce fossil fuel use to achieve the 2025 targets. If we hit the 2025 targets there is still a small possibility we can prevent or at least slow down the process of crossing the carbon 600 ppm final extinction level tipping point.
If we do not meet the 2025 global fossil fuel reduction targets, our mission focus will switch over to the following:
A. Helping you as an individual to prepare for and to adapt to the bitter reality of the high likelihood of living in a world where as much as 70-90+ percent of the unprepared human population will first suffer horribly then die within our lifetimes. We have to face the fact that all we may be able to do at this point is to save and salvage whatever we can to prevent the complete extinction of humanity and end of civilization.
Global warming extinction is no longer a remote possibility coming sometime after 2100 as we been lulled into believing by our government's inaction Mass human, animal, and biological extinction in many areas of the world will be arriving as soon as the next 30 to 50 years if we do not immediately make the required 2025 radical global fossil fuel cuts! (For information on how to prepare and adapt for what is coming so more of us live longer and suffer less is contained in both Part 1 of the Job One Plan and then Part 2 of the Job One Plan) and,
B. Helping so-inclined individuals and groups create sustainable, self-organizing and independent eco-communities in global warming-safe locations to help make sure that enough of these new eco-communities are established and well-prepared enough to survive the escalating onslaught of now unavoidable global warming catastrophes. These new experimental eco-communities will be absolutely essential to help carry forward the survival of humanity, human culture, and civilization if we fail to make the required radical and immediate 2025 global fossil fuel reductions.
(Please see the Universe Community sections of our sister website for all the information you will need to do to create and self-organize your own sustainable eco-community in a global warming-safe zone.)
C. Doing what we can to support intelligent government-driven backup emergency and migration plans. See Part 3 of the Job One Plan in Section 2 for details on these government-driven actions. See the heading called, How to Prevent Mass Human Extinction: The World's Emergency Backup Plan.
D. Once and if we have survived this global warming extinction emergency and we have learned the painful experiential lessons it will teach us, we (this organization and the new eco-communities mentioned above,) will promote a new, survival-proven understanding of equitable and sustainable living and livelihoods for all of the Earth's remaining survivors. This will help transform the trauma and unthinkable losses of the highly likely coming Great Collapse and Great Die-off into a springboard for a Great Rebuilding and new beginning
This will help facilitate the rebuilding of a better and more equitable world for ALL that will thrive for hundreds of more generations. If the Great Collapse and Great Die-off is inevitable because we and our institutions continue to refuse to alter our unsustainable fossil fuel behavior, at least, the Great Collapse can be utilized as what had to take place for a new, and potentially better beginning for humanity. (Click here to learn about that the ideas of a new Sustainable Prosperity.)
A major good news of the upgraded Job One for Humanity mission is that the most unthinkable global warming reality of humanity crossing the carbon 600 parts per million (ppm,) extinction tipping point within in just a few decades (described in full on this page) can possibly still be slowed down just enough so that some, probably much smaller portion of humanity survives. This slowing could be achieved by immediately enacting the greatest government-driven mass mobilization of our civilization's resources to radically cut fossil fuel use as described in our Job One Plan, Part 3.
Unfortunately, most of our world is ensconced presently in some form of global warming denial or global warming ignorance or intentional deception, and not just the most obvious kind related to whether global warming is real or not. Most of the world isn't even close to realizing how bad global warming already is or, how bad it's going to get far sooner than anyone's telling you, (except for organizations like ourselves.)
Our collective job then is to first prepare ourselves, our families, our businesses and those few brave and bright individuals who are able to see, feel or understand the harsh reality of what is coming.
It will not be pretty or easy.
Our world will change dramatically in just a short 10 to 20 years from now.
Our mission is to help those we can who are ready to navigate this uncertain, perilous, and threatening future which has now become our banquet of unthinkable and unavoidable global warming consequences.
More About Our Life-Critical Mission
Because of these new global warming realities as (found on this page,) our educational mission has become to make you aware and warn both you and society about the most important global warming extinction tipping point of carbon 600 ppm (parts per million.) Once we cross this final 600 ppm tipping point we enter extinction-level global warming a 5°C increase in average global temperature and the last phases of the Climageddon Scenario. (Once we cross the carbon 500 PPM tipping point we will have a 4°C increase in average global temperature and all ice on earth will begin melting. Anything at or above a 4°Celcius increase in average global temperature would be incompatible with an organized global society and would be beyond adaptation!)
We also want to help you do everything within your power to cause a cut in all developing nations carbon emissions by 75% by 2025 and then cut down to zero by 2035 as the only honest solution with any realistic hope of keeping us safe from the likelihood of extinction. We either successfully do these fossil fuel cuts to this level or most of us under 50, our children and our grandchildren (eventually as much as 70-90% of the population,) will suffer and die from global warming escalating consequences as soon as 2050-2070 (depending on where you live in the world.)
Never forget, if we fail, there will be literally no bearable future you or I would want to survive through if we do not make the required critical fossil fuel cuts mentioned previously. Never forget we are not talking about vague statistics here, but the lives of you, your family and billions of other individuals, families, and children all over the world! Click here to see your first action steps on the Job One plan.
We will also help you prepare for (Part 1 of the Job One Plan,) and adapt to (Part 2 of the Job One Plan,) our rapidly escalating global warming extinction emergency in order that we can still salvage whatever we can of humanity and civilization
How our mission will be executed:
- We vigorously promote that there is no other way to survive this emergency unless we come together immediately and cooperate as one human family to reach the 2025 global fossil fuel reduction goals. This is because if we do not cooperate in a massive global emergency mobilization of ALL of humanity's required resources there will be NO winners! Even the ultra-wealthy will only survive temporarily migrating to the far north. Our core message is quite simple. Either we all cooperate on resolving this emergency immediately or we all die! (See part 3 and 4 of the Job One Plan for more information on this no-win situation if we do not cooperate.)
- We promote the honest global warming hope that ONLY if we prevent ourselves from crossing the carbon 600 ppm final battle line, will there still be a small window of opportunity for humanity and the best of our civilization to survive.
- We use the best climate science available.
- We will promote the mass global mobilization and governmental actions for radically increasing green energy generation. This will not solve the fossil fuel problem in time, but it will help slow down the coming consequences a bit more to save more individuals.
- We do only what is deadline and effectiveness prioritized in the proper sequence to save as much of humanity and civilization as we can.
- We will provide honest global warming consequence prediction timetables and a new model called the Climageddon Scenario. (This is very critical prediction information will keep you from being surprised so that you have adequate time to prepare for the unavoidable coming consequences.
- We use the free Job One Plan to help individuals slow and lessen what is now unavoidable, cope with the emotional implications of our now out of control global warming, create emergency preparedness, and effectively adapt as long as we can for a difficult future.
- We foster tapping into our deepest philosophical and spiritual reserves to help us endure and make sense of the tremendous suffering and sacrifice ahead.
- We promote utilizing this unprecedentedly difficult and urgent situation to enhance and expand the meaning and purpose of our lives, and to help us develop and broaden our character.
- We promote maintaining as positive of a perspective as is possible throughout all of the coming hardships. Click here to see a summary of the 16 surprise positive perspectives on things that can happen in this emergency that might help you sustain your positive perspective through this challenge.
- We actively promote enjoying your life today as fully as is possible because there are no guarantees and we may not succeed.
- We practice that there is no one to blame for this out of control global warming extinction emergency. For the last three decades, our current governmental systems have so protected or incentivized fossil fuel use that curtailing it was all but impossible. Additionally, the climate is so complex that only a handful of individuals had both the intellectual bandwidth and the years of climate study to fully grasp how global warming would get out of our control and become out of control so fast. Those few individuals did not have sufficient governmental influence to prevent global warming from becoming out of control. The last thing we need to do is to polarize and waste resources in energy-depleting blame.
The substeps to achieving our full mission above for individuals are:
- To help individuals first understand and then predict the next wave of global warming-aggravated disasters using the warning signs that almost all of us will inevitably experience either now, soon or in the near future. Click here for that information.
- To help individuals create the emergency backup plans and emergency supplies they will need for short-term recovery from the escalating consequences of global warming aggravated disasters and out of control global warming. Click here for details on how to do this.
- To help individuals, wherever possible, to adapt locally to the new realities of out of control global warming. Click here for details on how to do this.
- Where local adaptation strategies are neither possible nor wise, to help as many people as possible migrate to global warming-safe locations. (This also means relocating essential key infrastructure near or above the 45th parallel north, near, or below the 45th parallel south. Click here for details on how to do this.)
- to educate individuals and groups on how to create their personal lifestyles and livelihoods toward a true Sustainable Prosperity. This along with key collective actions by our governments will in turn also help slow and lessen the speed of this rapidly unfolding catastrophe. (If global warming caused extinction seems unrealistic to you, please see the phase-by-phase global warming extinction process as it unfolds described in the Climageddon Scenario overview here or more fully in the new Climageddon book.)
For additional important areas of global warming information and news:
If you want to learn the story of our organization and more about how this just recently upgraded mission statement came about, click here.
Click here for some surprise benefits of our global warming extinction emergency. (We strongly recommend that everyone reads this good news section to help counterbalance the difficult news about our current global warming extinction emergency.)
To learn more about the full Job One Plan that will is designed to achieve the mission above, click here.
If you want to know how the gross misinformation of the public catastrophe occurred as mentioned above, click here and go to the section How this Gross Misinformation Occurred.
If you want to learn the most accurate way that you can personally tell if we are making progress in reducing global warming, click here.
We are, unfortunately, already moving rapidly through the 6 phases of the Climageddon Scenario extinction model. Click the preceding link to learn more.
If you feel our mission is important to your future and you want to support it and see it succeed:
Click here to make a fast, easy tax-deductible online donation.
Mission Statement Upgrade Version 5.0, August 20, 2019