"You cannot be called an alarmist if there really is something to be alarmed about." Unknown
Using the well-researched materials on this website, many of our staff, members and visitors have already concluded (or will eventually conclude,) that unless we make massive and immediate global fossil fuel usage reductions, a large portion of humanity is on its way to immense suffering or extinction within their lifetimes. They also are at least partially aware that this imminent extinction threat comes from the escalating global warming emergency crashing into and worsening these six other major global crisis currently facing humanity.
Many of our staff, members, and visitors have realized that the battle to prevent a global warming caused extinction event from occurring within our lifetimes has been lost. Now a new battle has begun.
This new battle is the battle to slow global warming enough so that we have more time to prepare and adapt to what is coming. If we can slow global warming down radically, at least, more individuals, some part of humanity and our civilization can survive and exist longer.
Many individuals using this website also have come to see that humanity has entered a temporary evolutionary regression. During this regression, life as we usually know it will get worse before it gets better.
In this period of temporary regression, humanity will learn the necessary hard new lessons about the real price of fossil fuel pollution, poor international cooperation, and the importance of maintaining healthy ecological systems. The good news is that during this regression period if we are smart and work together, we can still have meaningful and enjoyable lives while we restore balance to our life-supporting Earth systems.
If you still think the battle to prevent a global warming-caused mass extinction event is still possible, please see the following to links in the order given:
The Short Version of Our Mission
"Help more individuals, businesses, and nations survive the coming global warming-caused mass extinction event which will unfold over the next 30-50 years.
The Expanded Version of Our Mission
Because of the above, in September of 2019 our mission focus has changed to doing the following.
Our primary mission actions:
A. Get governments, NGOs and environmental groups to stop using the UN's incorrect global fossil fuel targets and deadlines and start using the 2025 correct targets. The UN is still using the incorrect global fossil fuel reduction targets and deadlines created by their own Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (the IPCC.) (The IPCC is considered the world's leading authority on global warming and what should be done about climate change.)
IPCC's current incorrect target and deadline for global fossil fuel reduction is we need to make a 40% reduction in total global fossil fuel use by 2030 and then reach net-zero carbon emissions by 2050. The colossal danger with the IPCC's wrong targets is, these wrong deadlines and targets are now being used to set the correctional global warming strategies for the world's governments, NGOs and largest non-profit environmental groups.
These wrong targets make it impossible to come close to reaching the 2025 legitimate targets because our governments, NGOs and envioronmental groups are aiming at the wrong target destinations and deadlines. Click here to read the science for what makes the IPCC's current global fossil fuel reduction targets and dedlines so dangerously wrong!
The IPPC's targets and deadlines mentioned is entirely inadequate and will not save us from extinction in time. Worse yet, when you have incorrect global fossil fuel reduction targets and deadlines forwarded by recognized authorities, it thwarts and delays humanity's ability to understand or execute the correct fossil fuel reduction targets.
Ironically, if we cannot get the world's recognized environmental leaders to promote the correct 2025 global fossil fuel reduction targets and deadlines, which at least have some reasonable chance to prevent a massive extinction event from occurring within our lifetimes, how likely is it that we will ever achieve the necessary 2025 reductions?
B. Doing what we can to support intelligent government-driven backup emergency, infrastructure transfer, and migration plans. See Part 3 of the Job One Plan in Section 2 for details on these government-driven actions. See the heading called, "How to Prevent Mass Human Extinction: The World's Emergency Backup Plan."
C. Help individuals prepare for and to adapt to the bitter reality of the high likelihood of living in a world where as much as 70-90+ percent of the human population will suffer then die within our lifetimes. At this point, we have to face the fact that all we may be able to do in response to our accelerating global warming is to save and salvage whatever we can to prevent the complete extinction of humanity and end of civilization. (Information on how to prepare and adapt so more of us live longer and suffer less is contained in Part 1 of the Job One Plan and Part 2 of the Job One Plan.)
D. Helping so-inclined individuals or groups create sustainable and independent eco-communities in global warming-safe locations. This would help ensure that enough of these new eco-communities are established and prepared enough to survive the escalating onslaught of an unavoidable chain of global warming catastrophes.
These experimental eco-communities will be essential to help carry forward the survival of humanity, human culture, and civilization.
(Please see the Universe Community sections of our sister website for the information you will need to create a sustainable eco-community in a global warming-safe zone.)
Our secondary mission actions:
These actions are secondary because Job One's few resources do not give us much influence in the following areas.
A. do everything we can to motivate our politicians (and governments) to slow global warming enough to allow us more time to prepare and adapt. This is done by getting very close to the last chance 2025 targets. To get close to the 2025 targets, our politicians have to create and enforce new global fossil fuel reduction laws quickly. (See Parts three and Part four of the Job One plan for how we can do this.)
B. try to save, salvage, and protect whatever we can of humanity, civilization and animal and biological diversity by transferring as much of them as is possible to global warming safer zones. (See Part three of the Job One plan for how we can do this.)
C. Once (or if) we have survived this extinction emergency and we have learned the painful lessons it will teach us, Job One and the new eco-communities mentioned above, will promote our new survival-proven understanding of equitable and sustainable living to all extinction event remaining survivors. These new eco-communities also will help transform the trauma and unthinkable losses of the coming Great Collapse and Great Die-off into a springboard for a Great Rebuilding and new beginning.
This temporary evolutionary regression and later rebuilding experience described above also will help facilitate the creation of a better and more equitable world for ALL that could thrive for hundreds of more generations. If the Great Collapse and Great Die-off is inevitable because we continue to refuse to alter our unsustainable fossil fuel and other behaviors, then at least, the Great Collapse and Great Die-Off can be used as a launching pad for a new, better beginning for humanity. (Click here to learn about that the new ideas of a Sustainable Prosperity for all.)
Our Best Hope
The best news of the Job One for Humanity mission is that our crossing of the carbon 600 parts per million (ppm,) extinction-level tipping point can still be slowed down just enough so that a small portion of humanity can still survive. This life-critical slowing can only be achieved by immediately enacting the greatest government-driven mass mobilization of our civilization's resources toward the singular goal of radically cutting global fossil fuel use to get very close to the 2025 targets. (See Job One Plan, Part 3.)
Unfortunately, most of our world is presently locked into some form of global warming denial, global warming ignorance or intentional deception. Most of the world isn't even close to realizing how bad global warming already is nor, how bad it's going to get.
Most of the world also has no idea things are going to get very rough far sooner than anyone's telling us (except for this organization.)
Because of the rapidly unfolding global warming extinction threat, our collective job one is first to prepare ourselves, our families and our businesses for what is coming. Our second job is to enlighten those few brave and bright individuals who also will soon see, feel, or understand what is coming.
The future will not be easy.
Our world will change dramatically in the following decades.
We at Job One for Humanity will do our best to help those who are ready to navigate this uncertain and dangerous future which has now become a banquet of unavoidable and unthinkable global warming consequences.
How we will achieve our mission, Part 1
Within another 3-6 years of 2019, we will, unfortunately, cross the carbon 425-450 parts per million (ppm) climate cliff. This is a critical first major global warming tipping point. This climate cliff will occur when we miss or do not come very close to reaching the 2025 global fossil fuel reduction targets.
When that happens, we will rapidly pass the next two extinction-evoking carbon 500 and 600 ppm tipping points with all of their additional unthinkable and unavoidable consequences.
Logically, what our organization must now do is to promote actions that will help us survive the consequences of crossing those three just named tipping points and the coming mass human, animal, and biological extinction event for as long as is possible. The way some of us will survive this outcome is to successfully achieve the following objectives needed to prepare us for and adapt us to this extinction emergency.
What Job One must also do:
a. warn society through our strategy of "shock and challenge" about the current out of control state of global warming (for as long as the next 30-50 years.) Our governments must prepare for what is coming and immediately radically reduce fossil fuel use to achieve or come very close to the 2025 targets. ("Shock and challenge" is a process where we tell you something critical about global warming, and then we challenge you to prove it wrong.)
b. shock our politicians awake to the global warming extinction emergency with the scientific evidence that global warming is far, far worse than they have been told.
c. promote the highest level of national and international cooperation and mass mobilization to combat global warming in human history. We either cooperate at the highest levels and scale, or most of us will eventually die together. If we die together, it will be in an ever-worsening and unending meltdown of global warming consequences and crossed tipping points.
d. respectfully disrupt any politicians, individuals, and organizations that do not educate or create effective policies and programs about the real global warming extinction emergency. This policy of disruption is especially valid for those individuals or organizations that present false or misleading information as to the accurate targets and deadlines needed for global fossil fuel reduction. (After focusing on politicians, this disruption would also include disrupting some of the world's most prestigious environmental organizations. If we can't get the world's leading environmental organizations working as one focusing on the correct fossil fuel reduction targets and deadlines, there is scant hope that humanity will make the correct fossil fuel reduction targets and survive. (Click here to see our respectful disruption policy.)
e. provide individuals with practical new strategies designed to help them recover from the damages of global warming-aggravated disasters both physically and financially. We have created a Global Warming Disaster Preparation, Recovery, Relocation, and Migration Information Center.
f. restore the carbon ppm level in the atmosphere (now at about carbon 414 ppm,) back to its original preindustrial human-safe level of about carbon 250 to 270 parts per million. This return to carbon 250-270 ppm is only possible if we can meet or get very close to the 2025 global fossil fuel reduction targets. And,
g. work toward achieving the above points in a way that embodies cooperation, empathy, and justice.
How we will achieve our mission, part 2
- We use the best and most up-to-date climate science available.
- We vigorously promote that there is no other way to survive this emergency unless we come together immediately and cooperate. (As one human family, we must reach or come very close to the 2025 global fossil fuel reduction goals.)
- We promote honest global warming hopes. That hope is, there is a real opportunity for a part of humanity and civilization to survive. But ONLY if, we cooperate and prevent crossing the carbon of the carbon 600 ppm extinction-level tipping point.
- We promote a global mass mobilization and governmental actions for radically increasing green energy generation. This mass mobilization will not solve the fossil fuel problem, but it will help slow down the coming consequences a bit more to save more individuals.
- We do what is deadline and effectiveness prioritized, and only in the proper sequence to save as much of humanity and civilization as we can.
- We provide honest global warming consequence prediction timetables and a new model called the Climageddon Scenario. (This is critical and continually updated prediction information will keep you from being surprised so that you have adequate time to prepare for and better adapt to the unavoidable coming consequences.
- We use the new Job One Plan to help individuals slow and lessen what is now unavoidable, cope with the emotional implications of out of control global warming, create emergency preparedness, and effectively adapt as long as we can for a highly uncertain future.
- We will do everything we can to get every organization, business, or nation to promote reaching the 2025 targets and the sacrifices we must now make.
- We foster tapping into your deepest philosophical and spiritual reserves. These foundations will help you endure, make sense of and transform the tremendous suffering and sacrifice ahead of us to the betterment of humanity and future generations.
- We promote utilizing this unprecedented, urgent and challenging situation to enhance and expand the meaning and purpose of our lives, and to help us develop and broaden our character.
- We promote maintaining as positive perspective throughout all of the coming hardships. Click here to see a summary of the 16 surprise positive perspectives on things that can happen in this emergency that might help you sustain a positive outlook.
- We actively promote enjoying your life today as fully as is possible. This policy is because there are no guarantees and we may not succeed. Today may be the best it will ever be for a long time.
- We practice that there is no one to blame for this out of control global warming extinction emergency. For the last three decades, our current government systems have so protected or incentivized fossil fuel use as well as ever-increasing commercialism and waste, that curtailing it was all but impossible. Additionally, the climate is so complex that only a handful of individuals had the intellectual bandwidth and the climate expertise to fully grasp how global warming could become out of control so fast. Those few individuals who knew did not have sufficient governmental influence to prevent global warming from going out of control. The last thing we need to do in this extinction emergency is to polarize and waste resources in energy-depleting blame.
The substeps to achieving our full mission for individuals are:
- To help individuals, wherever possible, to adapt locally to the new realities of our out of control global warming. Click here for details on how to do this.
- Where local adaptation strategies are neither possible nor wise, to help as many people as possible migrate to global warming-safe locations. (This also means relocating essential critical infrastructure near or above the 45th parallel north, near, or below the 45th parallel south. Click here for details on how to do this.)
- to educate individuals and groups on how to create lifestyles and livelihoods of real Sustainable Prosperity. This sustainability, along with crucial collective actions by our governments will, in turn, also help slow and lessen the speed of this rapidly unfolding catastrophe.
- To help individuals understand and then predict the next wave of global warming-aggravated disasters that almost all of us will inevitably experience. We will provide updated warning signs. Click here for that information.
- To help individuals create emergency backup plans and supplies, they will need for short-term recovery from the escalating consequences of global warming aggravated disasters. Click here for details on how to do this.
The "Whys" Behind the Urgency of Our Mission
Our members and web visitors appreciate Job One because we tell the hard truths and we treat them with respect as adults. Those harsh new facts are:
a. We are already in an undeclared global warming extinction emergency. (Click here to see why.)
c. Many of global warming's very worst consequences are already unavoidable no matter what we do right now!
d. A global warming-caused mass extinction event and die-off will be unfolding and worsening over the next 30-50 years if we miss coming very close to the 2025 targets as it now appears.
Global warming extinction is no longer a remote possibility coming sometime after 2100 as we been lulled into believing by our government's inaction and the false and incomplete climate analysis by the IPCC. A massive human, animal, and biological extinction event will be arriving in many areas of the world as soon as the next 30 to 50 years because it is highly unlikely we will make or even get close to the required 2025 radical global fossil fuel cuts!
In Summary, humanity may survive by Job One for Humanity achieving achieve the following objectives:
A. Educate the world about how to execute an individual, business or national emergency backup "Plan B."
B. Ensure the world meets (or gets very close to,) meeting the 2025 global fossil fuel reduction targets. by getting our politicians to pass and enforce the necessary laws. This will give us the time we need to prepare and adapt. (See Job One Plan Part 3 for everything we must do to reach the survival-critical 2025 targets.)
C. Educate larger and better-funded non-profit organizations with vastly more influence than Job One. Get them to use their greater influence get our politicians to meet or get very close to the critical 2025 global fossil fuel reduction targets. (Job One is a small, non-profit organization with very limited reach and resources.)
D. Continue to present an accurate and rational hope for humanity's future wherever we offer painful facts about our current global warming extinction emergency. This rational hope is solidly based on what is still possible and practical to do.
For additional important areas of global warming information and news:
If you want to learn the story of our organization and more about how this just recently upgraded mission statement came about, click here.
Click here for some surprise benefits of our global warming extinction emergency. (We strongly recommend that everyone reads this good news section to help counterbalance the difficult news about our current global warming extinction emergency.)
To learn more about the full Job One Plan that will is designed to achieve the mission above, click here.
If you want to know how we got ourselves into this catastrophe, click here and go to the section How this Gross Misinformation Occurred.
If you want to learn the most accurate way that you can personally tell if we are making progress in reducing global warming, click here.
If global warming caused extinction seems unrealistic to you, please see the phased global warming extinction process as it unfolds described in the Climageddon Scenario overview here or more fully in the new Climageddon book. You doing You doing
We are, unfortunately, already moving rapidly through the 6 phases of the Climageddon Scenario extinction model. Click the preceding link to learn more. (The timetables for global warming's 20 worst consequences and 11 key tipping points are found on our website and in the new book Climageddon.)
If you feel our mission is important to your future and you want to support it and see it succeed:
Click here to make a fast, easy tax-deductible online donation.
Mission Statement Upgrade Version 5.3, Sept 19, 2019