(Click here if you are new to global warming and do not understand how global warming happens. It is explained in several great graphics.)
We are not asking you to blindly accept the following five shocking facts without examining the links to the science and analysis which support each one. We challenge you to decide their truth for yourself or prove these facts wrong.
Fact 1: We are not being told the truth about how bad global warming is going to get.
Fact 2: Many catastrophic global warming consequences are going to arrive far sooner than we are being told. Many unthinkable global warming consequences are already unavoidable!
Fact 3: If we keep going the way we are now, we are about six years away from missing our last realistic chance to control our global warming futures.
Fact 4: It does not look good for us reaching our last chance 2025 global fossil fuel reduction targets. These 2025 targets must be met to prevent a mass extinction event from unfolding within the next few decades.
Fact 5: Because we are nowhere even close to the critical global fossil fuel reductions that are needed, it is a good time to begin creating your global warming emergency preparation and adaptation Plan B!
We know the above is horrible news. At the end of this article, you will find good news in an effective plan for what you can do to help manage this global warming emergency while we still have time left to do so. The best news is that we can still have rich and meaningful lives while we work on this mess!
Please accept our challenge and have the courage to read the expanded explanations for each above fact and then check out their documentation links. Global warming is much worse than you are being told, and it will adversely affect your life and business far sooner than you are prepared for.
The expanded 5 most important global warming facts with verification and action links
Fact 1: We are not being told the painful truth by our governments (or even by many of our most prominent environmental groups,) about how catastrophic global warming currently is or, how unbearable it's going to get. Their analysis, calculations, and consequence timetable predictions are grossly underestimated and are dead wrong by as much as 20-40%.
What has been hidden from you by our governments, the media and inadvertently by many our most prominent environmental groups
1. We have actually increased fossil fuel use more this century than in the last two decades of the 20th century. The more than half of all fossil fuel emissions which have been released over the previous 25 years are now more than were released in ALL of recorded history before 1990.
2. We are about 67% higher in carbon emissions than the early 1990s. This is even though we have had over 21 international fossil fuel reduction conferences and treaties since 1993 pledging we would reduce worldwide global warming. (Atmospheric carbon emissions is probably the best way to measure future global warming.)
3. In 2018 carbon emissions increased another dramatic 2.7% and they are projected to rise once again in 2019. (Here is a graph that shows the rising carbon in the atmosphere to help you visualize that things are not just going bad. As of August 2019, we are now at about carbon 414 parts per million in our atmosphere [ppm.]
Carbon in our atmosphere is getting exponentially worse while you are being told we are doing better at reducing global carbon emissions. Worse yet, exponential increases in carbon emissions will likely also mean exponential increases in future global warming consequences.)
Yes, intentionally or through ignorance or, as part of intentional systemic deception our governments, the media, and most of the world's environmental groups have not been telling us the REAL facts about our REAL lack of any meaningful progress whatsoever in reducing the rate of fossil fuel use increases, much less the complete absence of any substantive reductions anywhere across the world in reducing atmospheric carbon.
The following links will also help you decide if our current grossly underestimated public information about global warming exists because of unintentional misrepresentation, innocent mistakes, or systemic, intentional deception by hidden vested interests.
1. We are not anywhere even close to where we should be in fossil fuel use reductions to save us from unthinkable climate catastrophes and extinction. Click here to read about how "made up" calculations were used to set our current national and international fossil fuel reduction targets. These made up calculations came from including untested new technologies which even they admit, will not be available until sometime after 2050, if ever!
2. Click here to review and verify the government-promoted 20-40% global warming underestimation errors. And,
3. If you don't believe we are telling you the facts about our dismal failure in reducing global warming over the last 35 years, click here. You can view a short video by climate Professor Kevin Anderson in a recent presentation to the Oxford University Climate Society.
Something to think about once you have read the above documentation links on the underestimation, and inappropriate or incomplete calculations:
a. Can you imagine what the reasons might be for why our governments would publically give us such grossly underestimated global warming consequence timetables, threat assessments, and inadequate solutions, especially when the actual threat is so much more severe?
b. Who (what types of individuals, corporations, or government departments) would most benefit by providing such false and grossly misleading global warming information to the public?
Click here to see the REAL global fossil fuel reduction levels we must hit by 2025. You will be stunned if not shocked!
Click here to review the intentionally inappropriate or incomplete global government-supported calculations used to create the false belief that things are far better than they really are.
Why the false global warming information is so dangerous
Having grossly underestimated global warming consequences and timetable information presented by "trusted" authorities creates a false sense of public safety and removes any urgency to resolve it. This incorrect global warming timetable information is extremely dangerous because if we had more accurate information, we would, without a doubt, experience a legitimate and appropriate fear.
These falsehoods about global warming will increasingly cause extreme suffering and loss to larger and larger percentages of humanity. In part, the above false statements exist because there have been numerous government underestimation errors and intentionally inappropriate and/or incomplete calculations. This is particularly true concerning the necessary national and international fossil fuel reduction targets now being given to the public.
There has been significant deception regarding the real consequences of the current escalating global warming. This government-financed and promoted inaccurate information creates the false belief and sense of security that things are far better than they really are.
This also makes us believe that we are making sufficient and steady progress in reducing global warming when the hard truth is we are not!
Fact 2: Many global warming consequences are going to arrive far sooner and be far worse than we are being told. Many of global warming's worst future consequences have already become unavoidable! In part, this is because of our 35-year delay in fixing our climate crisis.
The worst consequences of global warming will not be occurring around 2100 as we are now being told by our governments. The worst will start to occur as soon as the next 10 to 30 years in a continually worsening spiral.
Click here to review the 20 worst global warming consequences that will continue to increase in severity, frequency, and scale (area affected.)
Click here for the worst cataclysmic consequences, which are derived from crossing global warming tipping points that will also continue to increase in severity, frequency, and scale. (Crossing more major global warming tipping points also produces additional, unique and hyper-intense extinction-evoking consequences.)
Click here to see the real time frames in which the many worst global warming consequences will be unfolding.
At the very end of this document, you will find tips on how to emotionally deal with these new and painful facts of global warming.
Fact 3: We are only 6 years away from missing our last chance to maintain control of our global warming future and prevent global warming's worst consequences and crossed tipping points from unfolding within the next few decades.
In part, this is because the real facts and true urgency about the global warming crisis were hidden from us by our governments and the fossil fuel industry. We did not do what was necessary to resolve global warming over the last 35 years after we were informed about it by our scientists.
We have squandered valuable time. This valuable time could have been used while the "cure" was still easier and far more manageable.
Saddest of all, we are still trying to do "far too little far too late" to make any real difference. This far too little far too late is also occurring because we are still using fossil fuel reduction targets that are grossly incorrect for the emergency we really are in.
Had we started fixing global warming gradually and effectively 35 years ago, it would be far easier to control and manage now.
Being out of meaningful control of our global warming crisis means that average global temperatures will most probably continue increasing more rapidly for at least another 30-50 years. There will be a series of cataclysmic consequences.
More extinction-evoking tipping points will be crossed. And, unless we meet or get very close to the 2025 global fossil fuel reduction targets, this can not be avoided!
Below please find the best REAL estimates for time frames in which average global temperatures will continue to increase for at least another 30-50 years. The Climageddon Scenario (CS) mentioned below is a new and more complete climate model for how global warming's consequences will unfold over the next 50+ years.
Click here to see more about how the many global warming consequences and tipping points will unfold in the full Climageddon Scenario.
Fact 4: To prevent a massive human, animal, and biological extinction event from occurring within your lifetime, we have until 2025 to meet very difficult and honest global fossil fuel reduction targets.
Theoretically, we can still hit the very challenging 2025 global fossil fuel reduction targets. But, hitting the 2025 targets is not very likely as things stand now!
Reaching these 2025 targets (or, at the least, getting very close to them,) makes it possible to retain some remaining control of our global warming futures. It will also allow us to delay the worst of the currently unavoidable global warming consequences long enough to protect and preserve ourselves for a while longer. It will also allow us more preparation time to get ready for those global warming consequences we can no longer avoid.
Unfortunately, we have a real problem! We have squandered our last 35 years of global warming warnings with denial, inaction or ineffective actions.
Because of this delay, we can not stop every global warming consequence that is coming. Many horrible consequences are already locked into our climate system.
But, if we are successful in reaching or coming very close to the 2025 global fossil fuel reduction targets, it will:
a. save us from a mass human, animal, and biological extinction event occurring within our lifetimes. And,
b. slow down some of the worst of the currently unavoidable global warming consequences. (This slowing down is very important because it means that more people will have more time left to prepare and adapt to the consequences we can no longer avoid.)
We can achieve both of the above goals and life-saving benefits by doing the following two steps:
Step A. immediately and radically reducing our fossil fuel use to meet the 2025 global fossil fuel reduction target levels. The minimum amount that we need to reduce fossil fuel use to slow or prevent the processes of going extinct in the next few decades is as follows:
1. All industrially developed nations (including China and India,) must reduce their total fossil fuel use by 75% by 2025. This means that to hit the 75% reduction target by 2025, developed nations must reduce their annual total fossil fuel usage by about 25% per year to hit the 75% target in six years.
Once developed nations hit the 2025 reduction target, they then must continue reducing fossil fuel use to net-zero carbon emissions by 2035. (Net carbon zero emissions means that no additional fossil fuel emissions are going into the atmosphere that is not also simultaneously being removed from the atmosphere by natural means.)
Only about 20 mostly developed countries produce 70% or more of the world's carbon emissions. Think of developed nations like most members of the G 20 group; Argentina, Australia, Canada, the European Union, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Japan, Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, South Korea, Turkey, the United Kingdom, the United States, China, and India.
2. All developing nations must maintain their total fossil fuel emission levels as they are at the beginning of 2019 and not allow them to go any higher. Then by 2045, all developing nations must also be at net-zero carbon emissions. This means all developing nations need to reduce their fossil fuel use by about 6% per year until 2045 to meet the net-zero target.
This allowance for developing nations to stay at the level they are now and gradually reduce down to net-zero carbon emissions at 6 % per year by 2045 is part of an essential justice and equity equation. The developed nations created their wealth by producing the majority of all carbon emissions in the atmosphere today. They have caused almost all of our current global warming extinction emergency.
There is much more information including why and how a mass human, animal, and biological extinction event will occur within our lifetimes if we don't hit the above 2025 targets on this page. On this page, you will also find all the necessary documentation and technical footnotes for the 2025 targets.
Yes, we can still make the very challenging global fossil fuel reductions by 2025. It is still possible to prevent a massive extinction event from occurring within our lifetimes! To do this, we need to immediately get VERY busy with the government-driven actions from the Job One Plan. (To learn what our governments must do to meet the 2025 fossil fuel reduction targets, click here for part 3 of the Job One for Humanity Plan.)
Once you have read more about the 2025 targets here, be sure to read this page which explains why it will be unbelievably difficult for us to hit the 2025 targets and why it will be particularly important to do Part 1 of the Job One Plan as well as its other three parts --- even if we miss the 2025 targets!
Step B. Execute a government-directed "in-case we fail backup plan." (With a government-directed emergency backup plan, we may still be able to save and salvage enough of humanity and civilization in case we again delay, deny and fail to reduce fossil fuel emissions adequately.)
Click here to see what the government directed emergency backup plan preparations must be.
Martin Luther King said something that is equally applicable today to the urgency of slowing down global warming enough so that at least some of humanity and civilization will go on.
"We are now faced with the fact that tomorrow is today. We are confronted with the fierce urgency of now. In this unfolding conundrum of life and history, there is such a thing as being too late. Procrastination is still the thief of time. We must move past indecision to immediate action."
At this point, we strongly recommend that you click here and watch this 4 Minute Global Warming Video by Greta Thunberg given at the United Nations on September 23, 2019. It may help you to understand and feel the real seriousness of the global warming-caused extinction emergency we now face.
(If you still do not believe that a mass human, animal, and biological extinction event caused by global warming is a high probability within your lifetime [30-50 years from now,] click here. This page will take you through how and when the three extinction-evoking global warming tipping points will rapidly be crossed if we miss the 2025 fossil fuel reduction targets.)
Fact 5: There is no guarantee or a reasonable likelihood that we will act any differently toward fixing the global warming emergency than we have over the last 35 years. Therefore, it is also time for rational individuals (and businesses) to begin creating their own private emergency backup and adaptation plans.
It is now time to start preparing for and adapting to both the escalating and unavoidable consequences of global warming. These emergency strategies could also include migrating to areas that would be safer from the future effects of global warming.
It is unwise to rely exclusively on our governments as this emergency worsens. They will quickly run out of resources and never be able to reach and care for every citizen as things continue to worsen.
Having emergency preparations and adaptive strategies is in hand how you will be able to save and salvage as much of your own life, family, and business as is possible. This backup plan prepare, adapt, migrate strategy is critical because most individuals and companies are grossly unprepared for the severity of the many global warming consequences that are arriving soon.
This emergency preparation and plan is particularly crucial if you also happen to live in one of the global warming unsafe zones. (To learn about the location of safer and unsafe zones, click here.)
The time remaining in which to make these personal and business emergency preparations or to migrate to the limited global warming safe zones is exceedingly short. This shortness of time is real because of factors like immigration regulations in the global warming safer zones already becoming more restrictive. Additionally, future legal immigration will be all but shut down as the emergency reaches global catastrophe levels.
If you look closely, you can already see many global warming related crisis areas developing in our overheating world. These are places that will soon initiate the greatest climagee migration in human history. (Climagees are global warming climate crisis-related refugees.)
Click here to learn about what to do for your personal emergency and adaptation preparations. This page will describe the factors behind the relatively short prepare and migrate timeframes for people living in global warming unsafe zones. These personal emergency preparations also include information on how you can physically, emotionally thrive and survive through the coming waves of economic, political, and social loss, suffering and chaos.
What's important to remember on this page
1. We have been deceived by intentional falsehoods as well as commonly held illusions concerning the real dangers and facts about escalating global warming for over 35 years!
2. We now need to hit the REAL and required global fossil fuel reduction targets found here. Reaching these targets will keep us from crossing the hazardous atmospheric carbon level and climate cliff of 425 to 450 parts per million (ppm.) (We are at about carbon 414 ppm right now.)
3. Once we reach the carbon 425 to 450 ppm range, there will be so much climate system momentum from all of the previously emitted carbon and other greenhouse gases that this previous momentum alone will continue to propel us towards even higher temperatures. Worse yet, stopping this massive climate momentum moving us toward ever-higher temperatures will be like trying to stop a gigantic boulder from rolling faster and faster down a hill that keeps getting steeper and steeper.
4. There is a terrifying thought that is critical for you to burn into your mind. Much of humanity, as well as our animal species and biological species, will go extinct within as little as 30-50 years. While at the same time, our ability to have any meaningful control over this emergency ends around about 2025 just after we cross the carbon 425-450 ppm climate cliff.
5. Mass extinction will occur within your lifetime, but only if we fail to achieve the required 2025 global fossil fuel reduction targets.
6. In case you still think technology will save us at the last minute, no new carbon removal technologies will be able to save us in time. In part, this is because those who are relying on this technology to save us are projecting it will not even be available until sometime after 2050. 2050 is long after irreversible damage is already done and long after anything can be done for the billions of people who will suffer and die! (Click here to learn more about the new technology will save us deception.)
7. It easy to see that we are in fact, already in a global warming extinction emergency (aka climate extinction emergency.) This emergency is still occurring in significant part because of the above new information as well as intentional falsehoods and commonly held illusions about global warming.
8. If we fail to reach the 2025 global fossil fuel reduction targets, it is as important to come as close as possible to achieving them. Even if we cannot prevent a massive extinction event from occurring within your lifetime, by coming close to reaching these targets, at least we can slow down what we can no longer avoid. This way, more of us can live longer, and we can have more time to prepare, adapt, and migrate.
Why we must succeed?
Because of the preceding, we genuinely have no rational alternative other than to never cross the super-dangerous transitional range and first climate cliff of the carbon 425-450 ppm range. In spite of all of the challenges and adverse outcomes that are possible in failing to hit our 2025 targets, what we can know with certainty about this extinction emergency is this:
a. We can still fix this global warming extinction emergency but only by getting our governments to execute the actions on this page immediately. These actions are designed to hit the 2025 global fossil fuel reduction targets successfully.
b. The highest truth for the best possible future global warming outcomes for humanity is that even if we miss the 2025 targets by some amount, the faster and more we reduce our global fossil fuel use:
1. the more people who will not suffer or die over the next 30 to 50 years,
2. future generations will suffer far less from an escalating chain of global warming consequences, and
3. we will have more time to prepare for, adapt to, or migrate away from the many unavoidable global warming consequences.
Some extra good news
With the information on this page and in the links above, you are now better...
The extra good news here is that no matter what and, in spite of how severe this emergency is or will become until we miss our 2025 global fossil fuel reduction targets (and even afterward if we are close to reaching them,) we still have time left to cooperate in slowing it down its consequences. And, we can also still have enjoyable and meaningful lives while we face and overcome this challenge or its consequences.
Click here for what you can individually do to slow down global warming.
One simple action you can take to help resolve the global warming emergency in just 2 quick clicks.
Help us get the 2025 global fossil fuel reduction goals met by signing the global warming extinction emergency petition now!
Are you feeling sad, upset, depressed, angry or anxious about the global warming emergency?
There is a lot of horrible news to digest about global warming. Any person who realizes that our governments are not doing enough to save us from unthinkable suffering and loss will naturally experience sadness, anger, depression, or significant anxiety.
The Job One for Humanity staff also has had to digest all the dreadful global warming news. To get our team though it emotionally, we learned about something called the Kubler Ross model of change. This emotional management model helped our team deal with all of the challenging emotions that today's global warming news evokes.
We felt it would be irresponsible to leave our readers without some of these tools to manage the intense feelings that the global warming emergency can create. Accordingly, we are providing the following images and tools that should help you come to emotional terms with the new realities of global warming. Here's how these global warming caused emotional reactions, transitions, and healings usually look for most people:
1. If you're like most people, what you have learned about the global warming emergency will cause you to initially react with denial and shock.
2. If you have the tenacity to explore more concerning how bad our governments have let global warming become, you will likely also become frustrated and angry at "how could our politicians and governments ever allow this to happen.
3. If you continue examing the facts of the global warming emergency and its solutions, you will most likely then enter into a bargaining or experimenting phase to find some way to deal with such disturbing and disruptive information on your life and future.
4. If you continue verifying the facts of the global warming emergency as well as it's honest but difficult and painful solutions, you will most likely next enter into a transitional feeling of grief or depression.
5. As you work your way through your grief or depression, you will eventually come to a level of acceptance of what is scientifically accurate. (Even though it is currently is being suppressed by the fossil fuel industry, mass media, and the politicians owned by the fossil fuel industry.)
A bit more about the Kubler Ross Model emotional management model
The five primary emotional transition levels above are vital parts of the Kubler Ross model. Over time, this model is a useful tool to help you deal with the global warming denial, anger, fear, grief or anxiety that any healthy person would experience once they truly realize the current nature of our global warming emergency.
The Kubler Ross model is used to help people deal with the medical news that they are going to die. But, it still has powerful relevance here.
This is true because as you wrestle with the new global warming realities, you will most likely go through these five emotional phases over and over again. You will do this in numerous waves until you finally reach a profound and deeply stable state of acceptance, peace, and hopefully motivation to do whatever you can to reduce this threat.
When you finally realize how bad our global warming emergency is the challenging emotional effects is a real thing! If you don't believe us, please click here to read about a new report called, The Psychological Effects of Global Warming on the United States and Why the U.S. Mental Health Care System Is Not Adequately Prepared.
Reaching necessary emotional acceptance and getting into action
Once you reach a level of emotional acceptance for what you have learned about the global warming emergency, you will be more willing and ready to begin new ways to solve the global warming emergency. You also will find yourself being better prepared to make new decisions on how to adapt and integrate this critical information into your life and business.
You may begin even emergency preparations for the unavoidable coming global warming consequences. This way, you are better able to protect you, your family and business and wisely maximize the chances of staying out of harm's way.
Once one reaches the critical state of emotional acceptance of the reality of what one is facing, most mature adults do as they have done for millennia. They accept what they cannot change and start finding ways to adapt to it. (There are also many adaptation steps found in the Job One Plan.) They also accept the truth of the bad news, and they get busy working on whatever they can do to change and improve it. (In this case, the get active on the Job One Plan action steps.)
We at Job One have found that the best thing to help minimize the emotional pain and trauma is to get busy completing the action steps of the Job One Plan. This is true even if you have not fully reached the acceptance level of your emotional recovery. The Job One Plan's many action steps proactively focus your attention on what can still be done. This focus on the needed action also minimizes your available attention on the negatives (once they have served their purpose of redirecting you to action on the deeper truths of this emergency.)
Therapy or support groups also can help you work through having the painful realization that humanity is in the worst existential crisis on its history and, we do not have much time left (until 2025,) to effectively prevent mass extinction. Therapy or support groups can also help get you motivated to do whatever you can on the many action steps of the Job One Plan.
As you continue to understand the scale of our global warming emergency, you may also come to realize that our lives and our children's lives are going to be far shorter than we ever imagined. But that still can be changed if we immediately react to the challenge of radically reducing our global fossil fuel usage to meet the 2025 targets!
One last emotional recovery tip
Not everything about our global warming extinction emergency is emotionally disheartening. There are many surprising benefits to this emergency. Click here to read the single most read page on our website on these many benefits. At Job One we review this list regularly to maintain the mental well-being of our own staff. We also discovered that regular review of this good news and benefits list was critical to keeping our volunteers on-mission and maintaining their motivation as well.
What else to consider?
1. Some of you have already reviewed the supporting science and analysis links provided above. This information will likely motivate you to begin the fossil fuel reduction actions and other global warming solutions found within the links above. Well done! You will reap the benefits.
2. Some of you will not or, did not review the science and analysis verification links. This subtle avoidance may only provide a brief escape from the discomfort of knowing the problematic facts listed above are accurate or, acting appropriately using that information. Over time, as you watch the worsening news reports about our climate, the five facts above will begin to ring even more valid. Hopefully, at that time you will remember this page so that you, your family and business can learn what to do next.
3. Click here to review the reasons why global warming might already be out of control and become a series of cataclysmic consequences and extinction-evoking tipping points, which may not be able to be avoided!
This above article covers much of the core message of our website.
The Job One for Humanity research team