(Please Note: As you read the four types of Universe communities we hope will come into being, we do not have the people or resources currently in place to make these new communities a reality. For the last 20 years, we have focused on gathering the most critical information needed to make these new communities reasonably successful.
It will now take new individuals to appear with resources who hear our call and realize its legitimacy. It will be these individuals who will self-organize and build the first Universe communities with the information and tools that we are now providing.)
As you will soon discover, the new Universe Communities are capable of doing many things. Three of the four types of Universe communities are also designed to be prepared to survive any large-scale global or regional emergency.
This emergency preparedness includes being ready for crises such as:
a. accelerating global warming,
b. large-scale resource depletion,
c. economic instabilities,
d. distribution breakdowns,
e. more pandemics,
d. economic crashes, deep recessions or depressions,
f. breakdowns of law and order, governments, etc.
(The many emergencies, crises, and local and global challenges that these communities must survive over the following next few decades are described in detail in this article.)
At the worst, these new small communities, sanctuaries, and micro-cultures should allow you (and your families) to survive through the coming difficult times with as much peace, stability, security, comfort, happiness, and meaningful relationships that remain possible. At the same time, many of our large macro-cultures will be convulsing and collapsing.
These new communities located in global warming safer areas may also turn out to be humanity's best chances to save and salvage whatever we can of society and civilization.
These global warming safer areas (or migrations to them) are done exclusively so that humanity and civilization will survive and thrive over the coming decades and eventually re-emerge to reboot the world onto a wiser, better path.
In the safest land-based locations, individuals can look forward to a higher probability of having meaningful lives in the post-extinction and subsequent Great Collapse and Great Rebirth cycle. A better life to come can also occur once nature and the consequences from humanity's previous bad decisions have run their course.
The Universe Community Global Structure
The Job One for Humanity and Universe Spirit organizations focus on educating individuals and businesses about what is avoidable and what is unavoidable in the face of many rapidly unfolding environmental and social global collapse processes. Its primary mission is to help individuals, as a society, prepare for and optimally adapt to survive the coming collapses.
These nonprofit organizations will help individuals form groups and communities that will evolve and create sustainable lifestyles, and livelihoods in global warming and crisis-safer locations. Job One for Humanity will also continue to educate governments and support government-driven migration, infrastructure transfer, and emergency backup programs to deal with the accelerating global warming extinction emergency.
Universe Spirit provides a broad science-grounded knowledge base, focusing on biological evolution, to explain what is developing in both society and the physical world. This "fact-based" foundation is then used to create remedial "survive and thrive" strategies.
Universe Spirit also contains a science-balanced and healthy vision of open-source personal spirituality called Evolution Spirituality. This vision uniquely captures a new moral and ethical "high road" to achieve a sustainable, equitable, thriving future for all while also providing the most profound meaning, purpose, and values needed to emotionally and spiritually survive the coming hardships.
The Universe Community Structure Options
An important part of the bond that defines our organization is our shared belief that the world will soon be facing a severe and unavoidable cascading chain of global warming and these other interconnected catastrophes and collapses. Anticipating these catastrophes and collapses, we are following two paths while we also do everything we can through demanding government action to mitigate and lessen the coming tragedies:
a. One way is educating about how to create three kinds of land-based sustainable eco-communities.
b. The other way is to promote the gathering of a virtual online worldwide support and action community.
(If you are uncertain about the seriousness of what we mean when we say the world is facing an unavoidable accelerating chain of catastrophes, click here. To see the government actions we must resolutely push while building these communities, click here.)
What are the four types of Universe communities?
The Universe Community (UC) program includes four community types: ( three land-based; one virtual.) All three of the land-based paths are defined by physical, land-based groupings of individuals. These physically close member relationships will provide a higher potential to survive and thrive by being closer-knit communities of mutual support and advanced preparation and adaptation.
Everyone who is volunteering and co-ordinating or co-creating any of the 4 types of Universe communities will have open-source access to all of the evolving information on the creation, maintenance, and expansion of these communities. Please note that all 4 types of Universe communities will be created by new volunteers. Additionally, because the staff at Job One for Humanity and Universe Spirit are all over 50, we will not be migrating ourselves to these new land-based communities because the limited global warmer safer lands must be ethically preserved for those under 30 and those with very young children.
The following provides more details on each of these four community paths:
1. The Integrated Universe Community Option
This is a land-based community located in areas known to be at LOW risk of climate damage and LOW social unrest. These individuals could live separately in private homes, either near each other or even with each other in some form of communal housing. This kind of community would also have the ability to attract a large membership to the area capable of exerting enough influence on its surrounding population to gain some level of independence in its culture and economic and political activity.
These communities can be structured to follow surrounding urban, suburban, and rural architectures worldwide. They will preferably use repurposed existing structures rather than building from scratch to minimize environmental impact and start quickly.
As such, to a surrounding community, they would appear not unlike any other "immigrant" implant community with its own culture and commercial practices. For example, consider the many religious groups who are conspicuous because of dress, holiday observance, religious schooling, etc. While adopting many cultural changes in these new areas, these people will not appear any more disruptive to the surrounding people than the range of current norms. Integrated community members would also be expected to participate in most of the essential activities of the communities surrounding them.
The Universe One version of the Integrated community model is primarily a community for those in close agreement with the Universe community values, and already in or can migrate to a climate and migration safe living area. (Some individuals will choose to create their own independent integrative communities and we wish them success with that as well.)
Here are some additional special efforts that apply to an Integrated Community:
Actions will be taken to prepare for long and even persistent social and material disruptions. These will not only include establishing stockpiles of food and materials but also manufacturing facilities for necessary items.
Actions will be taken to establish "preferred" trade links and transportation systems to supply "necessities" that can not be produced in the local community.
Because of eventual and anticipated breakdowns in social structure and governance at all levels, actions will be taken to organize the community to overcome any outdated or corrupt processes causing the world's breakdowns.
The above will be accomplished while, at the same time, trying to maintain peaceful adherence to and interaction with local customs in the "surrounding community." (More details describing the basics for how much of this will be accomplished are presented on the Job One and Universe Spirit websites. A reading guide for this material is included at the end of this article.)
Please also be aware that the Universe Integrated Communities are the farthest along in their creation having seed liaisons/organizers in several key areas willing to help others migrate to those selected and currently secret areas.
Universe One: The first Universe Integrated Community
Universe One is the first Integrated Universe community to form, and it is now taking applications. The Universe One eco-community is created directly by the volunteer staff and management team at Job One for Humanity and Universe Spirit.
Universe One will also be the new relocated administrative headquarters for Job One for Humanity and Universe Spirit and the relocated new homes of willing Job One for Humanity and Universe Spirit volunteers and members.
The Universe One community is the community vision upon which we have spent the most time and resources to find the best area for the safest relocation area that would survive best in the US with global warming and the other 11 global crises worsening. It is also a membership by-application-only community.
As the first of the Universe communities, it will strive to reflect the highest application of the ideas, values, and principles found on the Job One for Humanity and Universe Spirit websites. If you feel that you are well aligned with the ideas, values, and principles found on the Job One for Humanity and Universe Spirit websites, and you are interested in becoming a part of our community, please follow the application instructions on another page of this document.
For those needing to migrate soon and be a part of the first Universe Integrated Communities: Universe One
If you are not in a climate safer location and you are financially able to move on your own, your first step is applying and being accepted for Universe One membership. Once accepted for membership, migration and the current location information will be provided to help you make a wise decision to select the best land or new home in the Universe One area.
Please note we do not give out Universe One's location until you have been accepted as a provisional member and passed through our interviewing process. Universe one is the safest practical location we could find after many visits to many areas and complex and costly evaluations.
Universe One is located where there was the convergence of the most safety and security factors, and the area is still affordable to middle-class and lower-middle-class individuals. It is in a climate where there will be cold winters and considerable snowfall alternating with warm and humid summers. (Areas other than the Universe One location where independent Integrated communities are being seeded are listed further below.)
2. The Satellite Universe Community:
(Please note the Satellite community model has not yet begun as it is waiting for new volunteers to create it.)
This is a land-based community that can be located anywhere in the world. It has either a very sparse membership (compared to its surroundings) or is found in a location known to be at high risk of climate damage or social unrest. Its members are close enough to meet occasionally physically, usually live in separate housing, but have little ability to significantly change the larger community.
Their membership gives them the benefit of UC knowledge, companionship, and support to plan for emergency preparedness and self-protection during the crises to come. They also would use the Universe community's cultural changes and values, but these will not appear to most people as any more disruptive than the range of current norms.
The Universe Satellite Community will allow you to make temporary preparations and adaptations right where you live now! Individuals and small groups will receive informational and virtual support from the existing membership in other Universe communities. These Satellite communities can be formed in any part of the world. Their culture and commercial structures can vary widely.
Here is a summary of the typical steps you would take to integrate into one of these communities after being accepted for membership.
1. You will receive a lot of informational support material. What is essential at this point is to find out the "alignment" of your community role. Your new role will depend on a large number of factors like: your type of housing, what you do for employment, any special skills you have, your skill levels in those areas; any public roles or positions you have; your interests and hobbies, etc. Of particular importance is understanding the key reasons you chose to join the Universe community.
Based on this information, you will be given contact information for other members in your area to help you integrate into the community. Specifically, however, the following elements will be true:
You will continue to live, in your current housing situation.
You will continue to work, in your current employment.
A large part of your "free time" will turn toward the community's efforts to prepare for the coming crises.
As you "learn your way around the community," including attending volunteered offered training programs, you will have the opportunity to also lead various efforts.
As a member, you will have access to all the preparedness, sustainability, and management guidance information developed for participation within any Universe community.
(This above information assumes there is already an active Satalitte community at your current location, or you will start one. If you want to establish a new community, see the new member "how to join" section at the end of this overview to provide relevant details. After joining, expect to be contacted by your community coordinator based on the information provided during the membership process.
We will set up a Zoom group video "question and answers" meeting for those most interested in getting started in a Universe Satalite community as soon as we have completed some critical volunteer staffing requirements for this particular project.)
3. The Unified Universe Community:
(Please note the Unified community model has not yet begun as it is waiting for new volunteers to create it.)
This is a land-based community that is essentially built from the ground up with legal provisions to establish a community boundary and exclude non-members from the community. It would only be located in an area known to be at LOW risk of climate damage and LOW social unrest. Its residential accommodations and commercial structures would be custom designed to support an ideal and sustainable Universe community culture and commerce.
A Universe Unified Community is a “contiguous” physical community that is mostly composed of Universe community members. That means the land, living structures, and commercial structures within a bounded area defined as the “community” are mostly owned or operated by Universe community members. These communities will all be located in climate, migration, and other critical crisis safer living areas.
These types of Universe communities will take many years to build and require millions of dollars in financing.
What, of course, differentiates the “Unified” community from the “Integrated” community is the absence of interspersed social and commercial activities that differ from Universe community values and practices.
There are two different models for how such “Unified” communities could emerge. The first and most difficult is to build a unified eco-community from the ground up. Such a community could realistically include about 500 to about 2,000 individuals on about 2,000 to 10,000 acres of fertile land.
Such a community could take an estimated 10 to 20 years to complete. Its major obstacle will be financing because of the cost of building all the structures, plus installing all the infrastructure, i.e., utilities, sewer, roads, etc. However, such communities are not impossible, as the explosive growth of entire “suburbs” has shown in California and the Southwest.
The second model starts with a thriving “Integrated” community established in a relatively sparse or abandoned area of an existing city or town. As the community becomes successful, it can attract local people or purchase additional properties from non Universe community citizens selling their properties.
While including all the steps shown for both the Satellite and Integrated Communities above, the Unified Community would add the following elements:
1. the ability to grow substantial amounts of “local” food in both fertile farms and aquaponics pods.
2. the reorganization of social culture and commercial markets in the form of the ideals of Personalized Democracy could become complete. This reorganization would produce an explosion of creativity and personal freedoms. It would also eliminate many human-made oppressions humans have suffered from since the dawn of “civilization.”
3. crime, poverty, homelessness, starvation, racism, and commercial wage-slavery would eventually be eliminated.
4. reduced transport costs, environmental harm, and improved food quality.
Along with a substantially reduced world population, these steps will finally bring about the abundance, and excellent quality of life humans have always sought.
(This project is off in the future for quite a while. It will take a very large team of well-financed, dedicated and skilled volunteers to lead it.)
4. The Virtual Universe Community:
(Please note the Virtual community model has not yet begun as it is waiting for new volunteers to create it.)
This community path consists of developing a virtually connected community of individuals. These are physically remote members, who share common Job One for Humanity and Universe Spirit values, but are currently unable to move into other existing communities.
Their primary activity will be collecting and promoting climate, ecological and other needed evidence and facts. They will provide trustworthy resources to help other members who have self-organized local eco-communities or cooperatives and for those who have moved to safer locations to continue the necessary development and adaptation for looming disasters.
Three factors unite these virtual members into a community:
1. They share common Universe Community values;
2. They can turn to other community members for mutual support and survival. This mutual support action draws on the community's shared worldview to provide relevant help.
3. The community members are strongly driven by a mutual "love of knowledge and truth." They understand the importance of having a compendium of knowledge based on reliable facts.
4. they can turn to the Universe Community for reliable information about global warming, migration, and other related world crises issues, and
5. they are primarily "identified" by subject matter interest. For example, sub online groups and communities will form around interests like climate change, resource depletion, psychology, medicine, permaculture, net-zero home design, etc. Many hundreds of online interest groups like this are expected.
Membership in this virtual community gives one the benefit of ALL UC knowledge to improve their individual development, adaptation, and protection.
These are a Universe community based primarily online. While their members may meet physically for meetings or conferences, they wouldn't meet physically with frequency. Furthermore, they are not geographically bounded as the "land-based" communities are. They are intentionally structured to develop online a broad international, supportive, internet-connected community of individuals and small organizations.
Their primary activity will be collecting evidence-based subject matter of relevance and subsequently adding it into community knowledge databases. Like members of the Satellite Community, their membership gives them the benefit of ALL UC knowledge to improve their individual development, adaptation, and protection.
Each community's primary activity will be collecting climate and social truth information related to their subject interest and adding it into specialized knowledge forums and databases. These forums and databases will have novel provisions that achieve the following:
- The information is easily accessible, even for complex subjects.
- Data is entered in a form that allows biases to be spotted.
- Knowledge entries are "comprehensive." That is, "mainstream" control is eliminated.
- The data capture process overcomes the significant flaws that have crippled most internet discussions and communications.
- Commercial firms or governments will no longer control knowledge with political or other bias.
- All members will have no-cost access to the database, both for finding and reading information and for contributing knowledge.
This combination of provisions gives a virtual Universe community membership great value because it will provide a new level of visibility for people and organizations worldwide and easy access to the highest levels of natural truth. Specifically:
- They can discover wisdom and creativity in the new concepts presented by the Universe community model
- They see personal, social, and possibly professional benefits for applying the new concepts to their efforts
- They see the benefits of belonging to the Universe community for the unique networking opportunities it will provide them
- They understand the survival need for the mutual support these collaborative and supportive virtual eco-communities can bring.
- They see within themselves the qualities and aspirations sought in the Universe community principles and values.
- They see in themselves unique talents to contribute to and be acknowledged for making improvements to the community's efforts and the world as a whole.
Common similarities between the four types of Universe communities
Given the above specific differences for the four community types, all four Universe communities also have the following similarities:
- A primary goal is bringing together, either physically or virtually, a very diverse group of individuals working peacefully toward similar goals.
- Interactions with others will be approached as mutual learning experiences based on our foundation of natural knowledge and scientific inquiry processes.
- After secure and established in their communities, individuals or groups would also begin to guide newer members.
- All USC members will be expected to be tolerant of all other members' diverse "heritage cultures" on an individual by individual basis. This tolerance factor can be enhanced using the creative new approaches of Personalized Democracy.
- All members will be expected to accept and practice the member "Qualities" listed elsewhere in this overview and linked in the Job One and Universe Spirit websites' materials.
- We anticipate the creation of many of the different types of Universe communities around the world. Once established, these communities might also engage in trade and barter of goods and services that they might not produce in their area.
- We also acknowledge that any USC established will have to live and work among existing cultures that may differ from those of the USC.
We will set up a Zoom group video "question and answers" meeting for those most interested in getting started in the Universe Virtual community as soon as we have completed some additional and critical volunteer staffing requirements needed for this project)
Factors that Unite the Members of the Integrated, Satellite, Unified, and Virtual Universe Communities:
1. They share common Universe Community values.
2. They can turn to other members of the community for mutual survival and support. This trust draws on the community's shared worldview.
3. Community members are strongly driven by a mutual "love of knowledge and truth." They understand the importance of having and using a compendium of knowledge based on reliable facts. This shared knowledge is a primary foundation for joint action and assistance.
The previous three items define the primary activity of the community. That is, each member will use their skills to collect evidence-based subject matter of relevance to creating a sustainable, surviving, and thriving community in a collapsing world. The new knowledge being developed will be subsequently added into a new Universal knowledge database.
Membership in any of the Universe community types gives them the benefit of ALL UC knowledge to improve their individual development, adaptation, and protection.
How the New Universe Communities Will Come into Existence and Grow
Several factors will drive the creation and growth rates of the four different types of Universe Communities:
- How fast and how many self-organizing competent volunteers show up to help us with this challenge of historic dimensions,
- The natural forces of evolution,
- The dynamics of how fast things worsen and where they worsen will also be a decisive selection factor for community growth and which communities grow the fastest,
- How new volunteers will maintain and expand these new communities.
For any of the four kinds of Universe communities to appear, there must be people who understand our emergency's urgency need to come forward and take one of the many self-organizing volunteer leadership positions available. Then they will then need to self-organize and self-finance their chosen project area with other volunteers with similar interests.
The Universe community needs many kinds of volunteers. We need community liaisons, coordinators, and leaders/co-creators:
1. Community liaisons already live in the area or are highly knowledgeable about it. They share that information with new or potentially new members.
2. Community coordinators are more involved in greeting and supporting new or potential new members and assisting them in coming up to speed on what the community is doing. Among other things, a coordinator might set up and oversee a community buying cooperative.
3. Community leaders/co-creators do everything necessary to lead, maintain, or co-create these new eco-communities.
Here are just a few of the four community type of specialized positions we need to fill quickly:
- Integrated Universe community liaisons, coordinators, and leader/co-creators: These are individuals who want to liaise, organize or lead a Universe Integrated community in a new global warming safer area. They also want to collectively get prepared for and execute the Job One Plan's steps most applicable to their group's resources and interests. (This kind of community is farthest along with existing seed liaisons already in global warming safe areas.)
- Satellite Universe community liaisons, coordinators, and leaders/co-creators: These are individuals who want to organize or lead a new Universe Satalite community in their existing area. They also want to collectively prepare for and act on the Job One Plan's steps most applicable to their group's resources and interests.
- Virtual Universe community liaisons, coordinators, and leaders/co-creators: These are individuals or groups who want to help organize and run the virtual Universe community. Here they will also help others get prepared and act on the Job One Plan's steps most applicable to that virtual individual's (or group's) resources and interests. The virtual community will need discussion forum administrators, moderators, content creators, researchers, and software engineers, among other positions.
- Unified Universe community liaisons, coordinators, and leaders/co-creators: These are individuals or groups who want to help organize and run the Unified Universe communities.
- For the many other Universe community volunteer positions and projects currently available within our organizations, please click here.
All active volunteers helping to create these new Universe communities will receive free annual membership and access to all members-only areas of our Job One and Universe Spirit websites during their first 90 days of volunteering.
Seeds of the First Universe Communities
Almost all of the currently forming Universe communities below are close to the 45th parallel North in the US or Canada. Each of the areas listed below now has a community liaison living in that area (or knowledgeable about it) that can help with local migration information. (The areas below still need to recruit community coordinators and leader/co-creators to bring them into operational reality as communities.)
Our first new Universe community seed areas are:
a. Eastern Washington State/Western Idaho,
b. the Vancouver and Vancouver Islands area in British Columbia, Canada,
c. northeastern upper Wisconsin/ northeastern Upper Michigan,
If you are interested in being part of a Universe community in any of these areas, other than the Universe One community please let us know by following the "how to join" information later in this Universe community overview. Be sure to let us know which current migration location above most interests you. (Please note in our members-only section there are migration checklists and other local information to help you migrate.)
These first communities need well-resourced, highly developed, and skilled individuals to build them out. These early adopters are also individuals who are highly willing to learn, adapt, evolve, and thrive.
Let us know if you want to be a liaison, coordinator, or leader for a new worldwide location.
As new eco-communities form in new areas, we will add them to the running list above.
As appropriate, we will connect you to the liaison, coordinators, or leaders for that forming Universe community.
Timeframes for the When Four Types of Universe Communities Will Come into Existence, Our Projected Timelines
The launch of the four types of new Universe Communities will occur in the general phases and time frames described below. The roll-out time deadlines or sequences for the projects listed below will vary depending upon:
1. having enough skilled volunteers show up to help co-create and manage each particular phase and,
2. new information requiring that we adapt and evolve these time frames and deadlines accordingly.
For instance, because Satellite communities are easier to build in existing locations than migration-dependent Integrated communities into global warming safer locations. Satellite communities may start sooner than the timeline below. This early start for the Satellite communities will be especially true if volunteers in existing cities let us know that they want to get started immediately with the Job One for Humanity emergency preparation and adaptation steps (found in Part 1 and Part 2 of the Job One plan.)
If you are interested in any project below, let us know, even if it is before the project officially launches. Please email us at [email protected] and put the Project number (1,2,3,4,5,6) in the subject line, so your email is routed to the correct team member.
Project 1: July 2021-2022
Basic, person-to-person recruiting for all communities starts. In Phase 1, and as the first priority for the virtual and other types of Universe communities we will need volunteers for the following areas:
- A Deputy Project Director will be key to developing the four types of Universe communities.
- Volunteer Manager who will help inspire, train, and manage the first community member/volunteers.
We need to have the above key volunteers in place before we can launch and/or expand any of the four kinds new of communities listed below. Having dedicated volunteers trained and ready to help others will ensure our success and a smooth launch.
Project 2: Dates to be determined by new volunteers
We have already begun recruiting for the Universe One integrated community described above.
We will be setting up a Zoom group video "question and answers" meeting for those accepted as soon as we have completed some critical administrative and volunteer staffing requirements for the Universe One project.
Project 3: Dates to be determined by new volunteers
Private Recruiting for the Universe Integrated Communities starts
- This will be primarily for recruiting Integrated community liaisons, leaders, or key implementers who will begin an Integrated Universe community in their chosen migration area and, among other things,
- start its members on the emergency preparation and adaptation steps found in Part 1 and Part 2 of the Job One plan.
We will set up an early-bird Zoom group video "question and answers" meeting for those most interested in getting started as soon as we have completed some critical volunteer staffing requirements for this particular project.
Project 4: Dates to be determined by new volunteers
Private Recruiting for the Universe Satellite Communities starts (Private recruiting in most cases means that someone will personally refer and recommend you to someone on our team, and then we will contact you.)
- This private Satalite community recruiting will be primarily for community leaders or key implementers who will begin a Satellite Universe community in their chosen area and, among other things, start its members on the emergency preparation and adaptation steps found in Part 1 and Part 2 of the Job One plan.
We will set up a Zoom group video "question and answers" meeting for those most interested in getting started as soon as we have completed some critical volunteer staffing requirements for this particular project.
Project 5: Dates to be determined by new volunteers
For the Virtual Community we will be recruiting volunteers for the following areas:
Computer Science Specialist to help us find or create the best labor tracking software. We want to find or make the best barter/time tracking software so that volunteers and members without adequate finances can trade/barter their services with other better-financed community volunteers and members. They could also use this barter/trades software for community housing, health, and other community services.
- Human Resource Manager to assist the eco-community project director on all Universe community personnel issues
- Discussion forum moderators
- Software programmers - online Forum development
- Software programmers - large scale database experience
- Software programmers - project management software
- Software programmers - new virtual work credit currencies
- Individuals or organizations with topic interests that have temporary data storage resources
- Many topic specialists willing to be topic managers or to contribute– to be announced in detail one the JobOne website
- Complete software systems testing for new Universe Community communication, coordination, contribution tracking, and new volunteer training
We will set up an early-bird Zoom group video "question and answers" meeting for those most interested in getting started as soon as we have completed some critical volunteer staffing requirements for this particular project.
Project 6: Dates to be determined by new volunteers
Recruiting for the ground-up Universe Unified Communities starts
- This will be primarily for community leaders or key implementers who will begin a Unified Universe community in their chosen migration area.
If you are interested in joining any of the above types of Universe communities, go to this joining and getting started page now.