Welcome, Climageddon Book Readers!
On this author's page, you will find important updates or corrections on the Climageddon book since its release as well as links to the other support and action areas mentioned in the Climageddon book.
Important Updates for the Climageddon Book
There have been several updates to the Clijmageddon book since it was published. They are based on the newest global warming research and an updated meta climate systems analysis including the new research.
Below you will find the relevant prioritized updates.
The biggest book update
In the book Climageddon, it was stated that if we were very, very lucky, global warming may not become irreversible. But one year after publication we now know differently, due to these continually accumulating or increasing factors:
- new climate research,
- gross miscalculations by our global warming authorities,
- the continued increase in average global warming temperature,
- the exponential increases in total fossil fuel carbon particles in our atmosphere since the 1950s,
- the rise in new releases of methane into the atmosphere from fracking, melting permafrost and leaking natural gas lines. (For increasing global warming methane is about 86 times more powerful as a greenhouse gas than carbon.)
- the recent and projected future crossing of multiple bellwether global warming tipping points,
- the soon to be crossed critical major climate consequence trigger levels of greenhouse gasses, (described further below.)
- the projected length of time it will take to technologically move from global fossil fuel energy generation and use and to scale up green energy generation and use to replace it. This is estimated to take at least 35-50 or more years to acomplish, but only if there was a complete global commitment and mass mobilization by all the nations of the world to do this starting immediately! Because there is no such global international agreement and mass mobilization, at the minimum, this means that we will be adding new and additional carbon into the atmosphere at the current rate of about three more parts per million (ppm) per year for the next 50 years and, possibly even longer. (Adding this additional and unavoidable three or more carbon ppm per year for the next 50 or more years also does not include any calculations for the additional energy use of the human population soaring from 7 to 14 billion people during this period or that many more people will move into the middle class demanding the same high carbon use comforts of the developed world. When you look down the road 50 years from now and add the additional unavoidable 150 carbon ppm [50 x 3 carbon ppm] to our existing carbon 408 ppm total, it is easy to see we are already locked into in an irreversible global warming emergency where there is no way for us to keep from crossing the carbon 558 ppm level. More below will be said about what atmospheric carbon levels that high will mean to future temperatures and consequences. If you believe that some new technology will miraculously save us at the last minute, please read the this. Also, MIT just published a new article estimating it will take us 400 years to replace fossil fuel energy generation with green energy generation at our current pace.)
The above, as well as other factors, now means that global warming is already irreversible. No matter where you live, global warming has already reached a state of irreversibility that this major change has real and severe consequences for your future. To hear that global warming has already become irreversible will come as an unwelcome shock to most of you, especially because we have been told by our media we are making progress in managing it.
Unfortunately, almost all of today's mainstream media coverage of global warming is not accurate about the future and this document will begin to prove it to you!
For those of you who doubt in any way that global warming has already reached irreversibility, click and read the following new info and link and let us show you how and why irreversible global warming is already here!
Once you have read and understood the above irreversible global warming document you know the biggest single update to the Climageddon book. But, this does not significantly change almost anything else in the book other than:
1. suggesting that the consequences and timetables discussed in the book are even more certain and could be coming sooner than even the book predicts and,
2. the fact that global warming has become irreversible leads up to the second biggest update for the Climageddon book the necessary updating of the Job one Plan.
The second biggest book update
We have had to update and modify the Job One Plan content as well as reorder and reprioritize the Job One Plan as laid out in the Climageddon book to deal with the new reality of irreversible global warming. We are providing this update free to all Climageddon readers as follows:
Click here for Part 1 of the Job one Plan on how to best prepare yourself, family and business for the unavoidable worst consequences of global warming. (Part 1 was formerly Part 4 of the original Job One Plan found in the Climageddon book. We had to move it forward because global warming is now irreversible and everyone needs to do some basic emergency preparation to survive the unavoidable consequences that are coming while they work on the other Job One steps below.)
Click here for Part 2 of the Job One Plan on the best individual actions to help slow, lessen and adapt to the unavoidable worse consequences of global warming to do what you can to minimize the coming suffering and loss. (This new Part 2 was formerly an appendix in the Climageddon book. Individual actions now have a slightly more important role in helping to modestly slow, lessen and adapt to what is coming. And, at this point, the consequences that are coming are so challenging that any modest slowing, lessening or adaption to them will be vital to saving more people from unnecessary suffering or death.)
Click here for Part 3 of the Job One Plan. It is the collective actions that will work to drastically reduce greenhouse gases down to net zero so we survive global warming. These are the most critical collective actions we must do to prevent the very extinction of humanity and future generations. (This is the original Part 3 of the Job One Plan found in the Climageddon book, but it has been extensively upgraded including a completely new action step 12. It also has been refocused even more deeply upon the single painful and dominant reality that we must make immediate, radical and costly reductions in our fossil fuel energy generation and use.)
Click here for Part 4 of the Job One Plan for radical new ideas on how we can get the very difficult must do survival critical actions of Part 3 of the Job One plan done. (Part 4 has been upgraded by adding religious leaders to the mix of individuals who can have a real influence upon our national politicians to compel them to make the critical government level changes described in Part 3 of the Job One Plan.)
We will also soon have a new downloadable PDF file that includes all 4 parts of the recently upgraded Job One Plan. We will notify all website subscribers and members when it goes up. If you haven't subscribed to the website (at the bottom of every page on our website,) please do so now so that you get all of the new research, newsletters, and updates.
The third biggest book-related update
In Climageddon I was wrong about the carbon 425- 450 ppm last battle line for saving us from the worst of the Climageddon Scenario. This is now an irrelevant battle line because there is truly nothing we can do at this point to prevent ourselves from crossing it and continuing on to at least carbon 500 ppm as described in detail in this irreversible global warming description. One of the most important reasons for this is, that the key nations of the world are still at least 15 to 30 years away from coming to any kind of near unanimous, immediate and truly effective international agreement for cutting of fossil fuel consumption to prevent adding more carbon ppm to the atmosphere each year and the coming worst 20 consequences of global warming.
I truly believed that once Climageddon was published there would be a stronger reaction by other environmental groups to help enact its effective solutions for radically cutting fossil fuel use. I have been quite shocked and at times disheartened by the general reaction and inaction of other environmental groups to the difficult facts of Climageddon. In fact, only one another global warming education group has come to realize that what is laid out in Climageddon is our real future.
Additionally, once we finally get global agreement and mass mobilization to make the drastic fossil fuel use cuts needed, as mentioned earlier, the projected length of time it will take to technologically move from global fossil fuel energy generation and use and to scale up green energy generation and use to replace it is estimated to take at least another 35-50 or more years! At the minimum, this means that we will be adding new and additional carbon into the atmosphere at the current rate of about three more parts per million (ppm) per year for at least the next 50 years or so and, possibly far longer. (Adding this additional and unavoidable three or more carbon ppm per year for the next 50 or more years also does not include any compensatory calculations for the additional fossil fuel energy use of the human population soaring from 7 to 14 billion people during this period or that many more people will move into the middle class demanding the same high carbon use and comforts of the developed world.
When you look down the road 50 years from now and add the additional and unavoidable 150 carbon ppm [50 x 3 carbon ppm] to our existing carbon 408 ppm total, it is easy to see we are already locked into in an escalating irreversible global warming emergency where we will cross the carbon 558 ppm level.)
The fourth biggest book-related update
Because of the harsh new realities of irreversible global warming we also had to upgrade our mission. We had to drop the old mission focus of ending global warming. Because of irreversible global warming, all we can do now is slow and lesson it so that more people may survive, migrate and get the most critical infrastructure to the far north or far south. Click here see the upgraded mission of Job One for Humanity.
Other Climageddon Current Book Corrections:
Numerous readers have sent me new information that challenges certain information that I presented in Climageddon. I read every one of these carefully and have them in a to do list to review. Other than the corrections that are listed above, after my review of any reader challenges to the data, I will post any additional corrections needed for the book below.
It may take me a while to get to some of the informational challenges that have been raised by a few book readers due to ongoing book promotions, my work at Job One for Humanity and other backlogs, but I take them very seriously and I will get to every one of them and reply to the readers or critics who have sent me this information with what I discovered in relation to what they have presented.
Current book corrections:
More Updated and New Job One Plan Action Links and Information
Quick and Easy Personal Action Steps:
- Sign up for our Global Warming Blog RSS feed to stay informed on latest global warming articles, news, and progress.
- Tell your friends about Climageddon and the Job One for Humanity Plan in one click.
- Donate to support the great not-for-profit, tax deductible mission of Job One for Humanity.
- Spread The Word and share the Climageddon book link on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Gmail +, Reddit, Tumblr, and Digg, etc.
Job One Personal Petitions and Pledges to Sign:
Sample Letters and Information for Job One Plan Action Steps:
Intelligence agency sample letters (to be added soon!)
IMF and WTO Power center letters. (to be added soon!)
Become a Job One Volunteer:
Become Global Warming Emergency Mobilization Organizational Ally or Partner with Job One:
Create an independent Job One Plan meetup, study or action group in your local area:
Coming Soon or Under Construction at this Location!
Climageddon Book Q&A and FAQ
Moderated Climageddon Discussion Forum
Job One Newsletter Archive