Are we are at the beginning of a global collapse process caused by not properly managing or resolving the world's major global challenges and problems? Other than a growing number of scientists and intelligence agency analysts, most people have no idea that this is already occurring.
Most individuals who have heard about the looming global collapse, do not believe it. This denial is understandable because the idea of an ongoing global collapse process is overwhelmingly complex, frightening, and unprecedented in human history!
The good news is that you can decide for yourself if we are in fact, well into the collapse process from the information in the article below. You will discover below:
1. A master list of the most dangerous global challenges fueling and accelerating the collapse we now all face over the next few decades.
2. The first warning signs that situations essential to your survival are falling apart and will likely collapse, and you need to get prepared or get out of the way.
3. How the worsening of the major global challenges listed below will eventually lead to the mass extinction of most of humanity by mid-century. And most importantly,
4. What we must and can still do to prevent, slow down and survive the cascading convergence of endless catastrophes from the following global challenges interacting and amplifying each other or going over their tipping points. (At the end of this article you will find a practical and detailed plan on how to do this.)
Your understanding of the following global collapse processes and your preparation for it will be a major factor affecting your future comfort and safety. Depending upon your current location, the following information could determine the survival of everyone you love.
Our Current Global Emergency
It appears that the world is unraveling with a COVID-19 pandemic, growing economic uncertainty, public loss of faith and trust in our governments, global warming, civil unrest, racial injustice, species extinction, and much more. As you will read below humanity is no longer dealing with single-incident, non-interconnected local crises. Humanity has entered into a deteriorating and undeclared globalized emergency involving almost all of its critical global systems, (the climate, the environment, the economy, our political and social systems etc.)
Think of the many out-of-balance critical global systems like the wild and angry heads on the dragon below.
There are many critical global challenges (full list below) causing the current cascading convergence of worsening global catastrophes which collectively are crushing the possibilities of having a liveable future for both ourselves and future generations. If we do not manage them correctly and soon, humanity will rapidly face mass extinction and the collapse of global civilization.
Today's most dangerous global challenges fueling the likelihood of the first great global collapse are:
Global Challenge 1: Resolving the current COVID-19 global pandemic. Directly and indirectly, the current COVID-19 pandemic is due in significant part to the loss of natural wild animal habitat caused by global warming and other man-made causes such as eating more wild and not domesticated animals, the exploding and hungry world populations crowding into urban areas, and the overall deterioration of global health services.
If a vaccine is ever found, the COVID-19 pandemic is estimated to go on around the world until mid to late 2021 or even into early 2022 before everyone is vaccinated. If no vaccine is found, like what has happened with AIDS and other viruses over the last 30 years, we will be living with the effects of COVID-19 until a “herd immunity” is developed (if that immunity is even applicable to this virus. A somewhat safer global herd immunity could take as many a 3-5 years to develop.)
Global Challenge 2: increasing global economic instabilities that are leading to regularly reoccurring global and national recessions or depressions over shorter and shorter time periods. (These recessions and depressions are fueled by existing economic weaknesses, lack of financial reserves, huge national deficits, low financial system resilience, and major unexpected shocks or events (like COVID-19,) hitting the global markets and global financial systems.
COVID-19 is predicted to create a global financial recession or depression that could last until late 2022 or until 2025 or as long as 2030. (Ten years for recovery from a COVID-19 global recession or depression is not that long when you consider that ten years is the time it took to recover from the 2008 global banking and housing meltdown and recession.)
Global Challenge 3: ever-rising over-population, (the Earth has the carrying capacity for about 1 1/2 - 2 billion people. Currently, we are near 8 billion people adding about 130 million additional people each year racing to 9.8 billion by or before 2050. (About 50 million people a year normally die.)
We are way over sustainable population levels already yet, no government other than China seems willing to set a one child per couple policy! Future and current generations will suffer unthinkable catastrophes because, as humanity, we failed to manage the size of our global population to match the carrying capacity of our global environment and the Earth's available resources.
Please note that as the global population continues to rise, the additional population serves to further amplify and multiply the most harmful consequences of almost all the 12 other global challenges and consequences listed on this page.) One could easily say that overpopulation and its inherent over-consumption beyond our carrying capacity is also a major cause behind today's global warming emergency. (Please click this carrying capacity link to learn more about why this rapidly rising overpopulation challenge is so dangerous.)
For a candid and balanced article on the immense suffering caused by our overpopulation global challenge, please see this article, Population, the Great Knee-Jerker: A Holistic Survey and Plea to Reduce Suffering.
Global Challenge 4: Over-consumption causing ever-rising global resource depletion (aka overshoot) caused by overpopulation, toxic pollution of water, lands, and air, crop failures, overfishing, topsoil loss, resource distribution injustice, and the massive “overconsumption and waste” of the Earth's finite resources. Global resource depletion will significantly increase food shortages and cause soaring food prices leading to more starvation and mass migrations. For example, the following are estimates of when only a few of our critical global resources will be depleted; freshwater 12 years (2032), fish stocks almost totally gone by 2050, adequate topsoil for crop growing gone by 2070. (See this page to see 90 percent of fish stock already overfished and to see charts on how this loss will throw much of the world into starvation.)
Of particular concern is the depletion of phosphorous critically needed for crop fertilizers. Adequate access to this could run out in as little as 35-45 years.
If you still do not believe that massive resource depletion and overshoot is a huge soon-arriving problem? Watch this fantastic resource overshoot video with great graphics and global resource depletion amounts and time frames in simple illustrations by Hugh Montgomery, a noted English professor. (We strongly recommend you watch this video for all of the food and non-food resources that are in an accelerating depletion peril. [Forward the video to the 10 minutes and 30-second mark to begin watching Professor Hugh Montgomery's compelling graphic presentation.])
There are also many other critical mineral and non-mineral resources that will also run out soon, click here for more about these.
Global Challenge 5: escalating pollution of lands, air, and waters. Ongoing and accelerating toxic pollution kills crops, fish stocks, and poisons our air, water, and soil creating and accelerating all types of global health, social, and economic problems. (Ocean heating and ocean acidification from carbon from global warming will eventually kill off much of the oceans' oxygen-producing plankton. These plankton are responsible for as much as 50% of all oxygen produced on the planet.)
Global Challenge 6: loss of biodiversity, we are having more plants and animals go extinct than at any other time in human history. This is due to an ongoing and accelerating loss of natural habitat due to overpopulation, global warming, overuse, pollution, etc. (Leading Stanford University biologists, who were first to reveal that we are already experiencing the sixth mass extinction on Earth, released new research this week showing species extinctions are accelerating in an unprecedented manner, which may be another tipping point for the collapse of human civilization.)
Global Challenge 7: growing economic inequality, social and racial injustice, hunger, and poverty. Today less than 1% of the world's population owns more than 50% of all wealth. Over for the last several decades, this ownership percentage continues to grow in favor of the wealthy.
Growing economic inequality and poverty often increase food shortages and often cause food prices to soar leading once again to mass starvation and mass migrations. This year (2020,) 130 million people are lacking adequate food and could starve to death. COVID-19's effect on the world economy could double that number of the next few years. Over the following decades, global warming consequences will raise that number into the hundreds of millions eventually rising well past a billion.)
Global Challenge 8:escalating local, regional, and international criminality, conflicts, terrorism, and war. Expect these population-destabilizing security and stability threats to increase in their intensity, frequency, and scale. This threat escalation will occur from the urban and rural local levels to regional and international levels.
Vastly increased levels of survival-driven criminality, conflicts, terrorism, and war will be due to the world experiencing almost all of the global challenges on this page getting steadily worse. Global nuclear war or widespread chemical or biological war is also a real and escalating threat as most of the global challenges on this page worsen. Nations with nuclear, biological, or chemical weapons will compete to the death for the few global warming safer lands or the dwindling food and other resources.
Global Challenge 9: More mass migrations, political and economic instability, increasing terrorism, conflicts, and war plus global warming and many of the other listed global challenges on this page will both create and expand sudden, massive migrations of millions then billions of desperate refugees and climagees. During this phase, as most of the listed global challenges on this page intensify, various stronger governments will order precautionary evacuations of selected individuals and groups to limit casualties and losses from their most vulnerable areas. Before 2030-2035 because of global warming alone, the world will see hundreds of millions of climagees (climate refugees.)
Global Challenge 10: New COVID-19 like pandemics as well as other new and older disease epidemics that will likely occur every decade or less. This will in part be due to global warming melting of the permafrost, loss of natural animal habitat, eating more wild animals, overcrowding, less resilient health systems, mass migrations, wars and conflicts, and many of the other challenges and consequences listed on this page.
Additionally, new and older disease epidemics will occur more frequently and be more severe because of the abuse of antibiotics in animal product production. This abuse has resulted in bacteria that are now resistant to every known type of antibiotic. Worse yet, because of accelerating global warming, more COVID-19 type global pandemics could come as often as every decade. The AIDS virus became widespread in the late 1970s, the SARS virus in 2003, the MERS virus in 2012, and the Ebola virus in 2013. Click here for more about how escalating global warming may begin producing COVID-19 like pandemics every decade.
Global Challenge 11: increasing political instability and collapsing governments. Fueled by existing internal and external conflicts, soaring deficits, and the intensifying global challenges listed on this page, poorly managed nations with weak economies and low existing resilience will fall first. In 2020 we already see numerous countries on the verge of economic or political collapse. As the increased stresses of these listed global challenges continue to increase upon all nations, stronger nations will also steadily collapse. And finally, what is the most dangerous challenge of all.
Global Challenge 12: The accelerating global warming emergency. This global warming emergency is causing escalating desertification, sea-level rise, flooding, deforestation, reef collapse, droughts, wildfires, extreme storms, and the spread of diseases through epidemics and pandemics. All of these global warming specific consequences are increasing scale, severity, and frequency as our average global temperature continues to rise.
Accelerating global warming was listed last because, currently, it is the single greatest disruptor and global threat multiplier of the 21st century. It can directly or indirectly significantly amplify and multiply the adverse consequences of almost every other global challenge listed on this page. Our global warming emergency of itself, if not resolved soon, will cause the deaths of most of humanity by mid-century. Worse yet, before 2050 we will also cross several extinction-evoking global warming tipping points (described here.)
Global warming is very bad for the world's economy. The rising consequences of the global warming emergency will consume larger and larger percentages of every nations Gross Domestic Productivity (GDP.)
As global warming reaches its later Climageddon Scenario phases, it will become more likely that we will destroy ourselves in a massive war or nuclear conflict over the remaining resources or global warming safer lands.
(To get the details of just how bad the global warming emergency really is, click here. To avoid global warming extinction we must meet the very difficult 2025 global fossil fuel reduction targets found here. Our current out of control global warming has a precise definition. Click here to see what it means to your future safety and finances.)
Excluding the challenge of having no real global government (which is an evolutionary, structural, and developmental issue) and immediate global thermonuclear war, our out of control global warming is the single most dangerous global challenge today. It is also the most dangerous global challenge because:
a.) It is also the most immediate and probable meta-trigger for the growing possibility of a chain reaction of whipsawing and simultaneous ecological, economic, social, and political catastrophes and converging mass system collapses involving directly or indirectly most of the other greatest global challenges listed above. If you think about accelerating global warming as a brightly burning match that will ignite the highly explosive and destructive "fuels" already existing within most of the other 12 critical challenges listed above, you would have another good idea why we have to get the global warming emergency under control as our immediate and top priority. (See the Climageddon Scenario extinction prediction model for all of the details on both consequences and timeframes of the global warming emergency)
b.) It is a severe security threat already unfolding. It is causing substantial global problems right now and, it is rapidly growing toward crossing more known and unknown extinction-evoking tipping points, which have made global warming currently all but out of our control. It can and will end most of the human species within our lifetimes if we do not act soon! (This article discusses most of the known and unknown climate tipping points. Also, see this new article on the global warming emergency that has been read over 900,000 times.)
Key reasons why most of the above global challenges have not been solved or will be nearly impossible to fix
The following are not all of the reasons that it is highly unlikely that we will be able to resolve the above global challenges. They are only several of the most important and overarching reasons:
Reason 1: Our failure to evolve effective global governance with the needed legislative, judicial, and enforceable executive powers to solve global challenges that cross national borders. If you think about it, you will discover that the critical evolutionary failure of not having yet developed effective global governance is a core structural cause of why most of the above global challenges have not been resolved or continue to worsen.
Reason 2: Wealthy vested interests have compromised the effectiveness of our national governments. More often than not, our national government's decisions are not based on the general population's long-term wellbeing. They are based on increasing the short-term financial and power advantages of a very few ultra-wealthy individuals and corporations funding politicians openly or secretly. Consequently, decisions favoring the interests of the privileged ultra-wealthy most often harm the general wellbeing of the many.
Reason 3: We have hunter/gatherer's brains developed before the stone age, trying to manage the twenty-first century highly complex, self-organizing global systems. The physical structure of our minds has not advanced in over a million years. Our biological brains were developed in response to the simple stone-age demands of hunting and gathering food.
Our stone age brain structure cannot sufficiently understand or do all of the complex data, analyses, and calculations needed to manage complex adaptable systems like the global climate, the global economy, the global environment, and balancing and managing international and global politics without endless war and conflicts.
The average planetary IQ is only about 100. Even genius-level individuals (IQ 140 and up) cannot stay up with the ever-increasing amounts of new information and ever-increasing technical and other global system complexities. To cope, our stone-age brains automatically revert to behaviors based on emotions, self-interest, and the comfort of superstitions. Consequently, we regularly do not understand or see the most severe problems within the various global systems until it is too late to avoid the worst possible catastrophes, i.e., the global warming extinction emergency and the ongoing collapse of global civilization. (Both of which are occurring because of either the convergence or the amplification of the global challenges listed above.)
Reason 4: Our stone-age brains are being attacked and compromised by 4th generation mind control technology enabled by supercomputers, advanced algorithms, artificial intelligence (AI) software, and today's social media and search platforms. This social media-enabled mind control attack of hidden manipulation is not only enhancing tensions and polarizing people worldwide. It is also causing people to no longer be able to reason out or understand what is true or fake.
This mind control is dangerous because, without the ability to see and know truth from falsehood independently, the world will continue making terrible decisions on our many global challenges. Social media fake news propagation is also super-charging racial, ethnic, religious, and national political tensions worldwide to make matters worse. This super-charging effect will eventually and most certainly produce more racial, ethnic, religious, and national conflicts, maybe even new race, ethnic, religious, and national wars.
Before we describe the basics of 4th generation mind control, we strongly recommend to first watch the shocking Netflix documentary called The Social Dilemma. It will set the necessary foundation for you to understand the invisible tactics used and to know why fourth-generation mind control is already another severe and vast problem inhibiting our ability to solve our current global challenges. Additionally, the everyday use of fourth-generation mind control by social media companies is not only inhibiting our ability to think and solve our global challenges; it is also significantly accelerating the worse consequences of those challenges.
In this new documentary, you will hear top executives from Silicon Valley's most prominent social media companies telling you the world is in a new grave danger, and that we must regulate and remove this danger immediately. They also will warn you that AI and supercomputers have twisted social media into a new form of ultra-sophisticated, hidden nano-manipulation whose fundamental purpose is to get you to change your opinions, beliefs, and sense of identity to ultimately change your behavior without either your awareness or conscious consent.
Once you have viewed the Netflix documentary called The Social Dilemma, you are ready to continue with this brief explanation of the four generations of mind control:
a. First-generation mild control is almost as old as humanity. It appeared in ancient Egyptian and other cults where a member was put through many highly restrictive, cathartic, and stressful experiences. This process would often also involve the use of drugs and a fake death and a "miraculous drugged "rebirth from the "death" experience. The reborn individual would then assume the cult's new identity because the cult had saved their lives.
The subject usually also became a fanatical true believer. First-generation mind control was time-consuming and labor-intensive. Think of it as a one-by-one assembly line. (For more, see the initiation rites of Hashish Assassins.)
b. Second-generation mild control was advanced in the 1950s when modern psychology tactics were integrated with many ancient first-generation cult tactics. The Russians, Koreans, and the Chinese all used second-generation tactics in their Gulags and though-reform prison camps on political dissidents. The Koreans made second-generation mind control effectiveness famous when the captured US Air Force pilots and used it so effectively that the pilots went on International TV and denounced America and the American way of life.
Second-generation mind control was more refined and also less time-consuming. Numerous handlers were still needed in the prison camps to execute the program to apply and maintain continuous stress on the subject until they broke. Think of an assembly line that could produce more cost-effective mind control victims whose opinions, beliefs, and identity had been radically changed. (For more, search the descriptions of what was done in Korea to downed US pilots during the Korean war.
c. Third-generation mild control was advanced in the 1960s by cults like Scientology, the Moonies, and Hare Krishna. Here coercive influence tactics of modern psychology were integrated with many of the ancient first-generation cult tactics. Unlike the Russians, Korean, and the Chinese Gulags and their use of though-reform prison camps, these modern cults had refined the mind control tactics to newer micro-influence levels no longer requiring physical constraint or physical abuse.
Third-generation mind control was less time-consuming and labor-intensive because it could be done not one-by-one, like in earlier mind control generations, but on a whole group of people at the same time. This group application was achieved by controlling almost every area of their existence by the cult. (What they wore, ate, thought, did, etc.)
Stress was still applied continuously but more skillfully, secretively, and gradually in micro-steps. Think of a faster, better coercive influence group assembly line, which also could produce more cost-effective mind control victims whose opinions, beliefs, and identity had been radically changed more efficiently and faster. (If you read George Orwell's 1984, you will have a good idea of what life was like inside these third-generation mind-control cults. For more, search for what was done to victims of the cults mentioned above in the many lawsuits filed against them.)
d. Forth-generation mild control began not long after the creation of social media, and Silicon Valley launched the new search platforms. Fourth-generation mind control makes the very significant big jump from an individual or group application to mass application. No longer did one have to be imprisoned or even be in a high-control, high restriction cult to be the victim of this new hidden and even more dangerous mind control.
Forth-generation mind control uses supercomputers, artificial intelligence, complex algorithms, the psychology of influence and behavioral change, tightly controlled echo chambers, and some earlier generation deceit and hidden influence tactics. Forth-generation mind control can create a meaningful and continuous influence over the subject in gradual nano-steps. These nano-steps make it even easier to change the subject's opinions, beliefs, and even their core sense of who they are (their identity), and they have no idea this is even being done.
Forth-generation mind control is the least time-consuming and labor-intensive because it is done mostly by machines. It is being done to billions of people simultaneously, not just the small groups as in third-generation mind control. Stress is still applied continuously but far skillfully, secretively, and more gradually than in any other generation.
Think of a faster, better mass production assembly line that can more cost-effectively produce billions of mind control victims over the next few decades. Think of it as the fastest, most invisible, and advanced technology of modern civilization being used against our stone-age brains. Yes, our stone-age brains will never have a chance unless we regulate and ban them from being used on our children or manipulating every person now using social media. (For more, watch the Social Dilemma documentary on NetFlix. In clear and precise ways, it will show you the many subtle and invisible ways that today's social media is using fourth-generation mind control to invisibly change your opinions, beliefs, identity, and behavior without your awareness or consent.
How global warming will act as the key disruptor and threat multiplier accelerating global collapse
We will experience the following global warming-related consequences that will continue to increase in frequency, severity, and scale over time. While you are reading them, imagine how these consequences might control or destroy essential areas of your life, family, business, nation, or our whole planet.
Here are the critical warning signs to watch to know that the global warming process is accelerating and worsening:
1. increased atmospheric heating which increases average global temperature,
2. new disease outbreaks, epidemics, and more COVID-19 like pandemics in areas where they have never been before. (This is due to loss of natural animal habitat, eating more wild animals, additional melting of the permafrost, overcrowding, less resilient health systems, and mass migrations. Because of accelerating global warming consequences, we could soon be experiencing COVID-19 type pandemics as often as every decade.)
3. shrinking sea ice and ice shelves, glaciers and snowpack,
4. extreme storms of all kinds, (hurricanes, tornadoes, rain bombs, bomb cyclones, etc,)
7. fires and wildfires,
8. flooding and sea-level rise,
9. ever-increasing crop failures (because of heatwaves, rain bombs, flooding, wildfires, and other extreme weather) increasing mass starvation, and causing soaring food prices,
10. new disease outbreaks, epidemics, and pandemics in areas where they have never been before,
11. clean drinking water scarcity,
12. toxic air pollution,
13. ocean acidification, (Ocean heating and ocean acidification from carbon from global warming will eventually kill off much of the oceans' oxygen-producing plankton. These plankton are responsible for as much as 50% of all oxygen produced on the planet.)
14. loss of biodiversity,
15. jet stream disruption, (additional disruption of seasonal weather patterns,)
15. mass human migrations,
16 animal and insect migrations,
17. forests including Amazon and Boreal die-back/collapse that were a major stabilizing force absorbing carbon become neutral in their carbon absorption and stop taking carbon from the atmosphere. (In later phases the forests will begin to release their vast stores of carbon pushing temperatures higher even faster.)
18. increasing economic losses. (most nations will spend an ever-increasing percentage of their total gross domestic product (GDP) directly or indirectly paying for the many growing consequences of the global warming emergency. (Estimates for how much of a nation's total GDP will be spent on dealing with rising global warming consequences run from about 5% within a decade to as high as 30% within about 30 years.)
19. accelerating reef collapses around the world, which negatively affects fish spawning and feeding areas, which causes more collapse of global fish populations, which causes more human starvation around the world. (This is because fish protein is a major source of food for the world's poorer populations.)
20. slowing continues in the Atlantic Current. This further destabilizes global weather and our normal seasons.
21. decreased albedo from reduced snow cover (and sea ice extent.) This causes increasing Arctic and global heat. This decreased albedo also increases Arctic wetland and permafrost melting. Melting permafrost contains massive amounts of carbon that would be released into our atmosphere, pushing us much closer and far faster into a self-accelerating runaway global heating scenario.
22. soils overheating and instead of absorbing atmospheric carbon, this will cause the soils to also begin releasing more carbon back into the atmosphere further increasing heat,
23. oceans overheating and instead of absorbing atmospheric carbon, they begin releasing it (which also further increases global heating, all of which results in more heat speeding up the whole process of more positive feedback loops, more points of no return, and more crossed tipping points.)
24. increasing amounts of methane is released from methane clathrate crystals on coastal shelves because of warmer oceans (this further increases heat, possible ocean current change resulting in extreme weather changes, all of which once again results in more heat speeding up the whole process of more positive feedback loops, more points of no return and crossing more tipping points. For more about this mass extinction methane tipping point and time bomb, see the third extinction-evoking global warming tipping point on this page.)
25. massive tectonic plate weight change from weight changes in melting ice and rising seas above the tectonic plates causing increased earthquakes, tsunamis, and volcanoes, all of which except the earthquakes and volcanoes results in more heat speeding up the whole process of more positive feedback loops, more points of no return and crossing more tipping points.
What happens when all of the above global challenges "feed" into each other and each other's worsening consequences?
Welcome to the rapidly unfolding first great global collapse.
The future is not just a single global challenge getting worse. It is almost all of them getting worse at the same time as well as these global challenges pushing other challenges faster and faster toward their tipping and collapse points. This means that those living today (and future generations) will face a cascading convergence of worsening global catastrophes, which collectively will crush the probability and possibilities of having a liveable future.
If left managed ineffectively, hundreds of millions then billions will suffer and die. Paradoxically, because so many will die, many of the above challenges will lessen dramatically or be radically reduced because there will be so few people left competing or fighting for survival. There could also be a point where most of the coming mass die-off will not be coming solely from starvation, global warming, or other global challenges. It will come from new scarce resources or border wars that could even go nuclear as the few remaining stable nations try to retain their boundaries and survival.
Take a few moments at this point. Ask yourself the following questions. How long do you think humanity can muddle on into the 21st century without effectively resolving the above critical global challenges as they continue to get worse; 2030, 2040, 2050, 2060, 2070, or the end of the 21st century?
Are our leaders and governments being effective in handing all most or even any of these critical global challenges to our future?
"No existing emergency preparedness program, government, NGO or international organization is even remotely close to being prepared for, or capable of recovering from the large scale convergence, whipsawing, and amplification of almost all of Earth's greatest global challenges fueled and accelerated by the great disruptor and keystone threat multiplier of accelerating global warming.
This "Great Convergence" of all of the current global challenges has the power to create a whole global system collapse never before seen or experienced in human history. This "Great Convergence and Great Collapse" is also the 'perfect storm of perfect storms' and the most likely spiraling initiator and combined cause for the extinction of most of humanity by mid-century. This great convergence of poorly managed emergencies will be the cause and trigger for the first great global collapse" --Lawrence Wollersheim
To help you understand only the global warming side of "Great Convergence and Collapse," review the following global warming cascading meltdown illustration starting from the bottom up! Starting from the bottom, this illustration reflects the unfolding natural progression of ever-worsening and interacting consequences and tipping point processes that will occur as global warming continues to escalate pushing us toward our extinction.
The top of the illustration shows you the later phase Climageddon Scenario extinction model consequences. The bottom shows you the earlier consequences. For now just get a general idea of all the global warming consequences, tipping points, and human system factors will be interacting and colliding as well as amplifying and multiplying each other as the Climageddon extinction scenario unfolds in phases and waves. (Full explanations of each tipping point and consequence are found here, the 11 key global warming tipping points and, here the 20 worst global warming consequences.)
Remember to start reviewing this illustration from the bottom up beginning with the heating of global warming escalating!
How the first great global collapse will likely unfold and how it will affect everyone in its path
In one way or another, directly or indirectly, as the above list of heat-driven global warming consequences increase in severity, frequency, and scale the following things will also occur as we grow closer to our a doomsday for humanity and the collapse of global civilization. While you are reading them, imagine how these consequences might control or destroy essential areas of your life, family, business, or nation.
Here are the critical warning signs to watch to know that the global collapse process is accelerating and worsening:
1. Because of increased global warming and other global challenge-related work disruptions, the total human capacity to work or produce will go down significantly. This will cause more business and product distribution interruptions, business and personal uncertainty as well as more unemployment and homelessness.
2. There will be less food available from failed and shrinking food crops due to many of the extreme climate consequences such as extreme heat, droughts, flooding, rain bombs, nonseasonal weather, and other extreme weather events.
3. Many food prices will rise considerably more than the normal cost of living increases. (For example, fish prices will rise considerably as the remaining over-stressed fish stocks are depleted to near extinction.
4. More people will be starving.
5. The cost of living, for repair, maintenance, building, or rebuilding in global warming safer areas will continue to rise significantly. There will be more homelessness everywhere.
6. There will be increasing disease, epidemics, and pandemics as conditions worsen and health services are stretched thin.
7. There be increasing mass migrations of starving, sick, and unemployed people fleeing from the many climate consequences as well as from an ever-increasing number of unstable or collapsed economies or nations.
8. There will be widespread, survival-driven criminality by larger and larger portions of a starving, unemployed, homeless, or migrant populations. (Imagine increasing numbers of desperate individuals and groups trying to stay alive by any means possible. Now imagine your favorite dystopian movie like Mad Max. This will give you a small taste of what the future struggle to stay alive will be like as most of the global challenges mentioned earlier continue to worsen.
9. Because of the growing survival-driven criminality, migrations, and social and political chaos, governments will impose states of emergency and martial law resulting in increased restrictions, suffering, and the loss of many hard-won human rights. Nations will be forced to become more military and totalitarian in their control of the population to deal with the growing losses, chaos, and shortages of essential resources.
10. As the social, economic, and political chaos spreads, it will trigger more regional, national, and international conflicts and more conventional wars. There also will be a significantly large potential for a new nuclear, biological, or chemical war. These conflicts and wars will be due to increasing food and other resource scarcity, scarcity of global warming-safe land, unstoppable mass migrations, and the other consequences listed on this page.
11. When all of the above items are taken collectively, it will cause even the strongest nations' economies and political systems to collapse.
12. Once most of the national governments have collapsed, the nuclear reactors, chemical, and biological weapons, and their manufacturing, service, and storage facilities will become compromised. This is because there will be no of few functioning national governments to maintain operations or security for these sites. Hundreds of millions will sicken and die as nuclear reactors go critical and meltdown spewing toxic radiation worldwide. Millions more will sicken as die from the releases of insecure biological weapons and industrial chemicals. If too many nuclear reactors go critical and meltdown, the radiation circling the planets will kill off everything.
13. As all of the above intensifies, human suffering and global deaths will continue to rise exponentially. Human deaths will eventually reach mass extinction or even total extinction levels, and what we have known to be our civilization will collapse.
14. If there are any unlucky survivors after the global collapse, they will most likely enter a new Dark Age. But, this will not be like the Dark Age that occurred during the Middle Ages. It will be far worse because most of the natural resources available during the original Dark Age already will have been depleted, and much of the planet will be toxic. And finally,
15. Suppose we do not experience a complete runaway global warming event, and we make it through the post-collapse new Dark Ages. In that case, it will take centuries to thousands of years for nature and the climate system to come back into balance. Only then will the conditions suitable for humans to thrive once again exist-- if any humans are left at that time. (Complete runaway global warming is where the average global temperature keeps rising until Earth's atmosphere is ripped off into space like what happened on Venus.)
Hopefully, at this far distant time, any surviving bands, clans, tribes, or communities still functioning will have learned the first great global collapse lessons, and they will have changed their behaviors. They will now model the needed new behaviors, such as the principles of sustainable prosperity and the principles of evolutionary success, among other new possible policies to finally resolve all of the issues raised in the global challenges described above.
If these survivors have genuinely learned the lessons from the first great global collapse of civilization, they will develop a new worldview and new economic, political, and social systems. This new worldview will provide the tools and opportunity for a tremendous new re-building and reboot of humanity.
Humanity will have an opportunity to experience a unique renaissance where humankind and nature come into a balance that allows both to flourish once again. Whatever is left of humanity will restart the greatest evolutionary adventure in our history.
Fasten your seat belts. Strap on your shoulder harness and put on your helmets. We are entering the extreme turbulence of the beginning of the global collapse process. The COVID-19 pandemic and the current global recession/depression are just a small beginning of it.
Unfortunately, it is going to get a whole lot worse before our governments take it seriously and act! The baby boomers (born from 1946 to 1964) are likely to be the last generation that will experience any near-continuous measure of stability, security, and safety during their lifespans. But even they will have a very rough ride as they approach the end of their years.
What must we do to have anything like a livable future!
We need to handle the greatest and most certain core threat first before it crosses tipping points of no return. Then we can move forward on the other global challenges more effectively and wisely. First things first. It is that simple.
In spite of 35 years of warnings about the global warming emergency, we have not slowed the single greatest accelerator and threat multiplier to the future other than immediate nuclear war, accelerating global warming. We have failed horribly in fixing global warming and most of our other global challenges.
We have a herculean challenge in front of us! It will drastically affect the economy, but it can be done.
We shut down the world's economy for months because of fear of dying from COVID-19. And, it is likely that the world's economy will not recover soon because of COVID-19 restrictions that will remain in place until a vaccine is found.
If we were able to shut down the world's economy because of our fear of millions dying in the COVID-19 pandemic, we could also do what is necessary to reduce global fossil fuel use to reach the 2025 targets because of our fear of billions dying in the global warming emergency.
We must start this difficult process of "first things first" by getting the "last chance" 2025 global fossil fuel reduction targets successfully executed (or at least get as close to them as possible) or, within just a few decades, we all will go over the climate cliff and cross the three extinction-evoking global warming tipping points making the future unlivable. If this happens we will not be able to ever fix most of the other critical global challenges! (Click here for learning about the 2025 global fossil fuel reduction targets.)
The only way we will have any chance of having the necessary time and resources to manage and fix our other critical global challenges and prevent their cascading catastrophic convergence in an end-of-humanity civilization collapse scenario, we must first get the global warming and climate change extinction emergency under control as our highest priority!
Here is how we can do this while also solving or improving many of the other global challenges listed above. Click here to see the Job One for Humanity Plan to manage and survive the global extinction emergency and get our other most critical global challenges under better control. It also includes the way to create a sustainable prosperity for all!
If you believe or feel a cascading catastrophic convergence of the above global challenges to be a real possibility and threat within your lifetime, then take some time now to review this honest and effective new plan to help mitigate and prepare for our current global warming emergency so that we are still able to resolve our other 12 challenges.
Click here for the Job One for Humanity Plan. It will help you to survive global warming and help manage or resolve many of the other 12 global challenges listed above!
Here is what you now know from this article:
1. The most critical global challenges we now face.
2. The warning signs something essential and close to you is about to fall apart, and you need to get prepared or get out of the way.
3. How the most critical global challenges if left unresolved will lead to our mass extinction and a global collapse in just decades.
4. What we must do to prevent (or survive) the cascading convergence of catastrophes from these global challenges. We must act immediately as one human family to resolve these challenges starting with the global warming emergency.
Knowing the above is vital to the future wellbeing of yourself, family, business, and nation. It is time to fasten our seat belts, attach our shoulder harnesses, and put on our helmets and protective gear. The world is heading into extreme turbulence due to the convergence of accelerating global warming and our 12 other global challenges.
Click here to see the Climate Change and Global Warming Doomsday Clock and see how much time we have left.
If we fail to meet the collapse-preventing 2025 global fossil fuel reduction targets in time...
then they will need to immediately switch over to leading humanity into executing a global warming and global challenge crisis emergency plan or Plan B for HUmanity.
Click here to review the global warming emergency PLan B. It covers what we all will need to do if we fail to hit the correct 2025 global fossil fuel reduction targets. as well as how to manage and improve some of the other global challenges listed on this page )
Plan B for Humanity is our last chance emergency back up plan!
Plan B Note: Also, consider the following regarding a4C average global temperature increase. Though scientists by 2010 had made 4C the new 2C, no-one will be alive to experience 4C. Fortunately, after the IPCC 1.5C Report, they backpedaled and made 1.5C the danger limit and in 2020 called for the immediate and rapid decline of global emissions for mitigation. Any temperatures above 2C are moot because 1.5 to 2C triggers end of the world runaway global warming, and many climate researchers believe that it's probably already triggered.
How to keep the difficult and disruptive facts on this page in a balanced and positive perspective
We will be able to avoid or delay some of the coming global warming consequences, while other consequences are unavoidable due to our ignorance, incompetence, inaction, or selfishness. Despite the types of consequences we now face, we can learn from their feedback and adapt and evolve. No matter what we face, we can keep working together as one human family toward achieving the best possible remaining outcomes.
We can make a significant difference and stabilize and save the future by executing the comprehensive Job One for Humanity global warming action plan. We also can maintain the perseverance needed to succeed by regularly reviewing the many benefits which we will unfold as we work successfully on this together.
While we persevere, we must never forget that our greatest challenges are also the seeds of our greatest opportunities. We must continually realize that we are engaged in the most critical and meaningful evolutionary adventure in human history! This adventure is nothing less than removing the global warming extinction threat and, in so doing, indirectly improving most of the world's 12 other major challenges.
Please send this article to politicians and social media all over the world. Ask your politicians what they are doing to prevent the coming mass extinction of most of humanity by mid-century?
Ask them why they are not adequately managing the greatest threat multiplier and global problem amplifier of the 21st century by enacting the governmental steps described here!
Send them to the Climate Change and Global Warming Doomsday Clock.