(Part 4 of the Job One Plan assumes you have read the explanation of our current state of irreversible global warming and why we must find ways to drastically slow and lessen it's soon arriving 20 worst consequences.)
You're probably still wondering how we will ever get the needed international and national global warming reduction laws or treaties passed (described fully in Part 3 of the Job One Plan) without effective global governance. You're also likely to be questioning how a person like yourself can ever ensure national leaders immediately convene a special meeting to start the process of passing all the needed verifiable and enforceable new laws or treaties.
To properly answer these questions, we need to find both creative and possible workarounds. We will need solutions that bypass our current deficiencies and failed structures to innovatively use whatever we do have.
To help you see the value of Job One’s creative workarounds that might work to enact the actions described in Part 3 of the Job One Plan, it is necessary to briefly discuss who is really most responsible to fix the escalating global warming emergency. After that, we will make suggestions for what you as an individual or a group can potentially do in this area, but again it won't be easy.
Why the world's wealthiest individuals and corporations are responsible for the escalating global warming emergency and saving us from extinction...
In both moral and practical terms the world’s wealthy are the most responsible to fix our current global warming nightmare.
When we talk about who is responsible for global warming, we need to think about it in two distinct ways—moral or ethical responsibility (climate justice as it is often called) and practical responsibility (someone who has responsibility and can do something about it).
Moral and ethical responsibility is a relatively simple concept:
The more you created or contributed to the problem, the greater your moral responsibility for fixing it.
The moral or ethical responsibility for resolving global warming lies proportionately with those individuals, corporations, and nations that have created the fossil fuel burning global warming problem since the First Industrial Revolution in the 1880s. While this is morally true, in practical terms it presents a considerable challenge.
We could spend many more decades we do not have trying to determine or litigate the proper proportion of moral and ethical global warming responsibility for every nation, corporation, and individual on earth. Next, we would have to try to enforce that moral and ethical responsibility on the nations, corporations, and individuals all over the planet. This alone could take many decades, if it could even be done.
This presents another imposing dilemma. Because many of these individuals, corporations, and nations have varying and frequently conflicting cultural, religious, or other value criteria and definitions for responsibility, morality, ethics, and justice, finding some kind of agreed upon determination of the common and universal meaning of moral and ethical responsibility is all but impossible within the dwindling time window for meaningful control we need.
In other words, as wonderful, fair, and reasonable as it sounds to simply enforce moral and ethical responsibility proportionately on all of the creators of global warming to achieve true climate justice, the practicality nightmare is that we could still be arguing about implementing such enforcement issues many decades from now long after we have tumbled past our current state of irreversible global warming into extinction.
If we can't successfully take a moral and ethical responsibility approach to solve the global warming emergency in the time that is left, we need to find another approach. Job One proposes the practical responsibility approach.
Practical responsibility in the context of global warming is defined by several factors:
- Who has enough influence and power to create the verifiable and enforceable global warming remedial laws or treaties in time to slow and lessen the 20 worst consequences of our current irreversible global warming and prevent extinction.
- Who has the most to gain or lose.
- Who has good reasons for also bearing at least some additional moral and ethical responsibility.
- What will take into practical account the unbearable reality that we do not have enough time left to bottom-up educate the masses about the incredibly complex and difficult issues of global warming as a complex adaptive climate system. We also do not have enough time left to slowly build political will person-by-person from the bottom up until the growing public will finally demands that its self-interested politicians create these critical new laws or treaties.
So this then leads us to the 600-trillion-dollar question: Who has the greatest practical responsibility for resolving global warming? You and I as average individuals do have moral and ethical responsibility for global warming to the degree that we have contributed to it in our lifetimes, but we do not hold much effective practical responsibility for resolving it, as we have so little real influence in the necessary areas.
Because the United Nations, the IPCC, and our national governments have failed so horribly over the last 30+ years, the 5 key entities that now bear the greatest practical responsibility for resolving the global warming emergency in order of priority are:
- the world's wealthiest nations
- the world's wealthiest corporations
- the world's wealthiest individuals
- the world's wealthiest celebrities
- the world’s intelligence agencies (as discussed in the Job one plan)
To explain the reasons for this, we must first explain what this does not mean. We are not talking about the world's wealthiest nations, corporations, individuals, and celebrities individually setting up new companies and/or research projects to find new technological and non-technological solutions to global warming. That will never work in time without globally enforceable and verifiable warming reduction laws or new treaties and a global Fee and Dividend program already in place.
This also does not mean that the world's wealthiest nations, corporations, individuals, and celebrities cannot privately invest in global warming remedial solutions; it just means we can't exclusively or primarily rely on their individual or private wealth to solve the global warming problem.That being said, there is successful experience the world's wealthiest nations and corporations can bring to the table to help other national governments plan and execute the largest energy generation transition project in human history.
As far as the world's wealthiest celebrities are concerned, their importance in educating the masses about the seriousness of the emergency and the necessity of the changes we must all endure cannot be overestimated. The celebrities of the world command the attention needed to be successful.
We also have to be diligent
From many experiences over the last 30 years, we have learned that some of the world's wealthiest nations, corporations, and individuals greenwash their political and profit-making activities to make themselves look like good citizens while not actually doing anything. Their real motivation for the greenwashing remains to increase profits, often in some other area of their existing carbon-polluting activities. For more information on greenwashing, see this article by Tim McDonnell.
Greenwashing allows wealthy nations, individuals, and corporations to look like good global citizens in public while continuing to do business and pollute as usual. In the Job One collective action steps we steer away from this fatal flaw that, unfortunately, too many previous big environmental groups have embarrassingly fallen prey to.
Wealthy nations, individuals, and corporations should not be allowed to greenwash. Rather they need to be educated and inspired to use their influence and control to get the politicians of their respective nations to enact the necessary global warming remedial laws or treaties previously mentioned. If they try to greenwash with insincere and hypocritical actions, they need to be exposed.
While not ignoring the greenwashing risk—in fact, being vigilant about it instead—it’s still true that the world's wealthiest corporations, individuals, and celebrities without a doubt have the necessary influence and control to get the attention and/or compliance of the world's political leaders to create and enforce the new laws or treaties that must be enacted if we are going to survive.
The reason they should or will want to use that influence is because they are the ones who have the most to gain or lose. These wealth-endowed entities control 90 percent or more of the world's wealth and assets. They do in fact have the very most to gain or lose as escalating global warming continues, the consequences of irreversible global warming worsen and extinction looms closer.
As we move into more of the 20 worst consequences of irreversible global warming, millions and then hundreds of millions of their citizens or customers or fans (not to mention themselves) will begin to suffer and die. First weak and then stronger national economies will begin to crash. As national economies crash, so will governments.
Normal business as we have known it will become impossible to conduct because the safe, stable, and consistent environment needed for any kind of reliable and continuous manufacturing, supply distribution, retail, or other business operations will be so unpredictable and so disrupted that maintaining a continually profitable business of any kind will be all but impossible
Irreversible global warming is a no-win game for everyone, no matter how much wealth you have. The wealthy corporations, individuals, and celebrities who are already buying land and facilities in northern countries will eventually not be safe there. Mass migrations of desperate, aggressive, and armed climagees (climate refugees) and national armies will eventually overrun any and all border security measures, angrily take their fair share of what's left, and punish anyone who by either commission or omission had any significant part in letting this horrific global warming meltdown and catastrophe occur.
Eventually even the private security companies of the ultra-wealthy corporations, individuals, and celebrities will eventually turn against their affluent bosses, realizing that they now live in a late-phase Climageddon Scenario world where only firepower and military-style personal training determine survival, final ownership, and safety. Worse yet, and worth repeating, the climagee survivors of the most painful and devastating catastrophe in human history will be so angry and traumatized they will seek a horrible vengeance on everyone and anyone they hold responsible for causing or contributing to the catastrophe, or for failing to act when they reasonably could have prevented the worst of it.
In their unimaginable anger and pain, some of the remaining climagee survivors who desperately fight their way into the remaining temporarily safe zones, like some survivors of the Holocaust, will relentlessly hunt down anyone who they believe knew about the escalating global warming emergency and had the influence or resources to address it, but did not. Things will be even worse for wealthy corporations, individuals or celebrities who acted to protect only themselves, did nothing, or intentionally sought to profit from the escalating global warming catastrophes and chaos as they developed.
When those individuals are identified by the enraged climagee survivors for their unconscionable commissions and omissions, it is highly likely that all their wealth will be removed from them as well as from their trusts, heirs, and businesses. They will be imprisoned for what will be defined later in the history of the global warming emergency as crimes against humanity and the future.
It gets even worse for the world’s wealthy
As if the proceeding was not enough to convince the world's wealthiest corporations, individuals and celebrities they need to do everything they can to slow and lessen global warming so they will survive, there is still more. The fate of those who move to the temporarily safe global warming zones near the 45th parallel north or south will also have to to deal with four other devastating realities:
- Decommissioning hundreds of nuclear reactors in global warming unsafe zones between the 45th parallel north and south which will no longer be able to be kept secure or maintained by stable or functioning governments. If these nuclear reactors melt down or go critical, it will not matter where you are in the world. No location will be safe from fallout and radiation that will go on for centuries! (On a lesser note, the same holds true for all toxic chemicals and biological and chemical weapons stored within the global warming unsafe zones. Once those zones are generally abandoned, these commodities will slowly leak out and affect areas far beyond their original locations.)
- How to solve the critical food production issue above the 45th parallel north or below the 45th parallel south where the soil quality and seasonal sunlight will be grossly inadequate using traditional or existing methods to grow enough food for the massive migrating populations.
- If the northern countries do not allow enough individuals from the global warming safe zones to migrate, there will not be enough human genetic diversity to survive the waves of new diseases that will occur in the far north or far south because of unknown pathogens released from the melting permafrost (which humanity has never seen before) as well as from the existing pathogens that are always mutating.
- How to quickly move enough of the world’s key infrastructure for modern civilization to continue into the global warming safe zones above the 45th parallel north or below the 45th parallel south. All of this must be done within about two decades using the relative stability which many parts of the world will still have while global warming escalates.
At some point, the world's wealthiest corporations individuals and celebrities will recognize their money and power won't save them from this monster. They will realize that we either cooperate and work together or die together.
They will understand that irreversible global warming will last from centuries to thousands of years. They will understand that at this point, all we can do is slow and lessen it enough so that some of us will survive as long as we do not let carbon parts per million in the atmosphere cross 600 ppm.
As of March 2018, we are at 408 ppm carbon. Once we cross the carbon 500 ppm level, ALL ice and ALL glaciers on Earth will go into complete meltdown.
Crossing the carbon 500 ppm threshold has happened repeatedly in Earth's geological history. When this occurred, the sea level inevitably rose to the 70 meters (230 feet) range. At our current annual carbon ppm emission rates, we will reach this catastrophic carbon 500 ppm range by 2042.
If we cross that carbon level of 500 ppm, our average global temperature will soar to 4°C (7.2 degrees Fahrenheit). At 4°C, a large portion of humanity will die of starvation (or of increased heat's other related consequences), and governments and societies will begin collapsing in many areas of the world.
If we cross the carbon 500 ppm battle line, we will continue crossing more of the 11 critical global warming tipping points within the climate’s many systems and subsystems, at an even faster rate. Because of this and other factors, it is highly probable we will reach carbon 600 ppm within 25-30 years.
The carbon 600 ppm level will raise the average global temperature to 5°C (9 degrees Fahrenheit) and will initiate gigaton massive methane releases from ocean coastal shelves and permafrost. Because methane is 86 times more potent than carbon as a greenhouse gas, this will once again rapidly spike average global temperatures and bring about the extinction of most of humanity.
As we reach the carbon 500 and 600 ppm levels, we will cross into the most dangerous phases of the Climageddon Scenario model for predicting future climate changes with all of its unconscionable 20 worst consequences.
Noblesse oblige and the global warming emergency
Another component of their moral and ethical obligation resides within the concept of “wealth obliges,” similar to the old French concept of noblesse oblige. The updated concept of noblesse oblige also implies the moral and ethical obligation that possessing great wealth extends beyond mere economic influence, comforts, and privileges. It also requires the person or entity who holds such status to take on reasonable and rational social and leadership responsibilities to promote and protect the common well-being. Under this updated concept that wealth obliges, the world's wealthiest nations, corporations, individuals and celebrities are in fact more morally and ethically bound to act and lead.
Two Last Factors
- The world’s wealthiest corporations, individuals and celebrities have good reasons for bearing more moral and ethical responsibility. This is because they have caused measurably more fossil fuel pollution in the creation and maintenance of their vast wealth than any of the rest of us, and because they continue to use vastly more fossil fuels in the maintenance of their current jet-setting luxury lifestyles and business activities.
- There isn’t enough time for anyone else with sufficient influence over the world’s politicians to remedy the situation. Yes, we really are out of time.
We should have started making the necessary changes 30 years ago. Now there is no one else available with the necessary levels of immediate controlling influence over self-interested politicians than the world's wealthiest corporations, individuals, and celebrities.
To solve escalating global warming before we cross more global warming tipping points, we need to act at levels of effective coordinated global action and mobilize like we’ve never seen before in human history. We simply do not have adequate time left to build a movement of individual citizens from the bottom up as was done in the past to influence our politicians to pass the new laws or treaties to resolve this rapidly escalating emergency.
If you are not one of the world’s wealthiest individuals, corporations, or celebrities and you are not a high-ranking member of an intelligence agency cognizant of the damage being created, you now know you are not the one who is primarily responsible to fix this mess. With that in mind, let's explore what you are responsible for getting done by seeing the challenge in a new way.
A Possible Way for You to Help Get Verifiable and Enforceable Global Warming Laws or Treaties Passed
If we are going to solve this global warming emergency, we have to let go of old solutions that no longer work in the unique circumstances and time limitations we now face. We must surrender all such illusions or die.
Only a top-down solution that begins with immediate enactment of verifiable and enforceable national and international laws or treaties will save civilization. There's really no other way to say it. The far superior access, influence, and control of the world's wealthiest corporations, individuals and celebrities have the best chance of saving us from extinction.
The power of self-interest
Politicians and governments are highly susceptible to the influence of the world's wealthiest individuals, corporations, and celebrities as evidenced by the lavish ongoing favors, subsidies, and special interest laws they have passed—actions which greatly favor wealthy individuals and corporations over the interests of common citizens and our collective well-being.
We can count on the deep evolutionary truth of driving self-interest. The world's richest nations, corporations, individuals, and celebrities will want to save themselves and their futures first when they finally realize that escalating global warming is a no-win game for their nations businesses, themselves, and their heirs. All we have to do is thoroughly convince the politicians of the world that this really is a no-win game and they will save us as they save themselves first.
Because of this, it is now our individual and collective job to repeatedly and compellingly work to convince the world's wealthiest individuals, corporations, and celebrities that it is also in their highest self-interest to embrace our cause as their own. This means motivating them in turn to convince the politicians to immediately enact the necessary laws or treaties to resolve the global warming emergency and to sustain this lobbying until they are successful.
Almost all of us know someone who has these connections. Accordingly, we have to use what we have to reach those who can save us.
If we fail do what we can do to educate and motivate those who have the power to immediately remedy this situation, there is no long-term or viable real backup “Plan B” here. If the world’s wealthiest nations, individuals, corporations, and celebrities don't turn this Titanic of a disaster immediately away from the iceberg of crossing more tipping points, all will be lost in the ensuing climate meltdown and chaos.
More about how the world's wealthiest individuals and corporations will lead the rapid global transition out of fossil fuels and into green energy generation
It's important to qualify the preceding statement. It will not be all of the world’s wealthiest individuals and corporations. It will only be about two thirds to three quarters of them.
The reason is simple. Approximately a third to a quarter of of all of the world's wealthiest corporations and individuals derive their wealth from fossil fuel related operations and industries. They are not going to give out that wealth or watch it dissipate without a long drawn-out fight.
The good news is 2/3 to 3/4 of the rest of the world's wealthiest individuals and corporations do not derive the greatest portion of their wealth from fossil fuels or fossil fuel related industries. This means that they will not want to see their wealth destroyed as global warming escalates beyond any controllable level. This also means they will have considerably more resources and far greater numbers to defeat the counter efforts of those unwise wealthy individuals and corporations who obstinately link their futures to a rapidly dying industry.
All we have to do is communicate to those two thirds of the world's wealthiest individuals and corporations that their financial survival depends upon overriding any and all well funded counter efforts to stop the rapid transition to 100% green energy generation.
This tactic is an ironic turnabout. Since time immemorial, the world's wealthiest individuals have been playing other classes or groups against each other to forward their own interests. This time, we as the general public are doing it to them, not for private gain, but to protect and preserve everyone's ultimate self-interests.
The supporting action steps found below will help us begin educating the world's wealthiest individuals, corporations, and celebrities about why they will want to lead the call for an emergency meeting of world leaders and push for new enforceable and verifiable laws or treaties to remedy escalating global warming. The following supporting action steps will make the critical collective actions of Part 3 of the Job One Plan potentially possible and successful.
The supporting action steps that will get Job One done
You're now ready to see how we will resolve the great evolutionary challenge of the global warming emergency. In the rest of this document, you will find our current best options for maximizing and optimizing the influence leverage needed to achieve the critical collective action steps of the Job One Plan. The sequence in which these steps are done can be altered by local circumstances as well as individual preference.
Supporting Action Step A:
Help Job One contact 1,000 of the world's wealthiest celebrities through email and personal letters.
There are already many celebrities like James Cameron and Leonardo DiCaprio speaking out publicly, telling the world that we have to solve the global warming emergency now. See this video clip by James Cameron and this article by Katie Kilkenny. In addition to being able to quickly educate massive audiences on the basics of the global warming emergency and get more individuals involved, celebrities in areas like entertainment, sports, the media, etc., can also have immediate and effective influence in getting the necessary new global warming reduction laws or treaties passed.
Getting more celebrities to publicly come out, speak, and act against global warming as the largest single security threat and disruptor of the 21st century has important benefits in several areas:
- They are often friends with or attend functions given by the world’s wealthiest individuals, politicians, or senior executives of the world’s wealthiest corporations. Because of their celebrity, they have unique access to promote the benefits of resolving the global warming emergency and advocate that the world’s wealthiest individuals, corporations, and celebrities use their access and influence on the world’s politicians to get the necessary laws or treaties passed.
- They also have the attention of and are a voice to billions of people around the world. If they come out and actively endorse resolving the global warming emergency and promote effective steps similar to those in the Job One for Humanity Plan, people all over the world will be discussing the global warming remedial steps and strategies and will soon get involved to help resolve this survival-critical issue. For more information, see this article documenting how celebrities can and do capture public interest.
Here's how to begin this celebrity contact step. You do not need to have friends, family, or direct or indirect connections with any celebrity to help in this action:
- Before you begin writing the celebrity you have chosen, click here to go to the Climageddon Book Support Navigation Center page and go to the link that supports celebrity campaigns, addresses, and updates. You will find sample celebrity letters there as well.
Use the best letter writing advice given a bit farther down this page, then send personal letters and emails. Directly ask them to:
- assist and facilitate an emergency meeting of all world leaders, and
- contact and pressure the politicians in their circles of influence to act now on the steps like those described in the Job One Plan.
- assist and facilitate an emergency meeting of all world leaders, and
- Send them a copy of Climageddon if you think it will help educate them.
If you do have friends, family, or direct or indirect connections to celebrities, use the information above with your connections.
It is always good to personalize and modify any sample “template” letters we have provided to have a better chance of effecting an impact. It's vital they not be seen as obvious "form letters." They should be personalized with appropriate recipient-related details, much like a cover letter to a potential employer, where the applicant demonstrates they took time to learn about the employer and his/her business.
Here are our suggestions for essential personalization that can be used in many of the supportive action steps below:
- Spend the first part of the letter "connecting" with the celebrity recipient before talking about what you want as far as desired actions. In your unique introductory section, answer the reader’s question: Why should you care about this? If the reader then feels that sense of risk and responsibility that you connect him or her to, there is a much better chance they will read the requested actions with more interest. If you put these the other way around, you would lose the reader in most cases because they may think they have heard it all before.
- Offer some positive strokes to the recipient where possible. Who doesn't like hearing a compliment?
- You can still use our basic templates for about 80% of your letter content, but for the rest of your letter text, take some time to do the research based on the celebrity recipient.
- Always request that the celebrity publicly express what they are doing or will do to help get the emergency meeting of world leaders called to enact the global warming reduction laws or treaties and indicate that you will interpret no public statement on the issue to be inaction on their part.
- At the end of the letter, be sure to include a unique personal closing, your name, and your contact information. You may be surprised by who responds to your personal appeal.
- If the celebrity you have contacted responds, don't forget to send a thank you and let the Job One for Humanity team know about your letter as well. We will put the most successful letters on our website or in our monthly newsletter to help motivate and inspire others.
Keep in mind that if you're going to go to the trouble of writing to celebrities, give it the best possible shot you can. Personal letters are far more effective than emails. If you are emailing, always use unique, non-trite subject titles so that “gatekeeper” support staff do not use automatic email filters to delete your expression of deep concern.
Once the celebrity you’ve contacted takes a public stand against escalating global warming and uses their influence on the world’s politicians to help begin that emergency meeting to enact new global warming reduction laws or treaties, move on to contacting other celebrities.
Do not worry if they try to act like they're doing something and are really doing nothing. Once it becomes known that they are publicly saying they are doing something for global warming, it is highly probable the media and other watchdog individuals will verify that this is not just another greenwashing public relations tactic. If the individuals or corporations you are contacting do not act to use their power and effective influence to help resolve this extreme threat to our common well-being, move to Action Step G below.
Supporting Action Step B:
Help Job One contact 1,000 of the world's wealthiest corporations through email and personal letters.
Some of the world's wealthiest corporations are already onboard and active in fighting global warming. In addition to the addresses and campaigns being put together at the Climageddon Book Support Navigation Center page, there are long lists such as the Fortune 500 and Fortune 100 of the world's wealthiest corporations available online and at most public libraries.
The world’s wealthiest corporations are a good place to send your email and personal letters because they are:
- more agile than governments in their ability to respond quickly to changing conditions;
- highly motivated to preserve and grow their businesses, as well as to secure both customer bases and markets;
- less constrained by national borders;
- better able to raise and control the expenditure of large sums of money;
- subject to stakeholder pressure if they do not respond to our initial letters and emails;
- always looking for projects that will enhance their brand’s reputation and goodwill in the eyes of the public. (As the global warming catastrophes continue escalating, any corporation helping to resolve this emergency will be viewed favorably by the public and negatively if not aiding the cause.)
Those corporations whose senior executives understand that losing this battle will quickly eradicate their customer base will help lead the way. They already know day-to-day normal business and financial markets will be all but impossible to conduct in the later phases of the Climageddon Scenario.
Here's how to begin this wealthy corporation contact step. You do not need to have friends, family, or direct or indirect connections within any wealthy corporation to help in this action.
- Click here to go to the Climageddon Book Support Navigation Center page and go to the link that supports this action for additional information, updates, or actions. (Job One may already be helping to facilitate getting and prioritizing addresses for which wealthy corporations to contact. You will find sample corporation letters there as well.)
Use the best letter writing advice given previously and send personal letters and emails. Directly ask them to:
- assist and facilitate calling the emergency meeting of world leaders,
- contact and pressure the politicians in their circles of influence to act now, and
- assist our often dysfunctional governments in the mass mobilization planning and implementation of the life-critical and lightning-fast transition from fossil fuels to green energy generation.
- assist and facilitate calling the emergency meeting of world leaders,
- Get them copies of Climageddon if you think it will help educate them.
If you do have friends, family, or direct or indirect personal connections with any wealthy corporations, use the same instructions as above using your contact information.
To help you with this, see our sample letters. This sample letter or email is the starting point for selling the most positive reasons for the world's wealthiest corporations to follow their own highest and most enlightened self-interests in ending escalating global warming. These letters also contain specifics on what we want to have happen to resolve global warming.
As with letters to celebrities, it is good to personalize and modify any sample “template” letters we have provided to have a better chance of effecting an impact. It's vital they not be seen as obvious "form letters." They should be personalized with appropriate recipient-related details, much like a cover letter to a potential employer, where the applicant demonstrates they took time to learn about the employer and his/her business. Use the suggestions for essential personalization given in the celebrity letter writing section above.
Once we finish the first 5,000 contacts, we will begin the second 5,000.
Supporting Action Step C:
Help Job One contact 1,000 of the world's wealthiest individuals through email and personal letters.
It is really not that hard. Some of the world's wealthiest individuals like Tom Steyer, the technology billionaire, are already onboard and active. There are long lists such as the Fortune 500 and Fortune 100 of the world's wealthiest individuals available online and at most public libraries.
Here's how to begin contacting the world's wealthiest individuals. You do not need to have friends, family, or direct or indirect personal connections with any wealthy individual to help in this action.
- Before you begin, go to the Climageddon Book Support Navigation Center page and go to the link that is most concerned with supporting this action for additional information, updates or actions. (Job One will also facilitate getting and prioritizing addresses for which wealthy individuals to contact first. You will find sample letters to wealthy individuals here as well.)
Use the best letter personal writing advice given earlier in the celebrity section and send personal letters and emails. Directly ask them to:
assist and facilitate the calling of an emergency meeting of world leaders, and
- contact and pressure the politicians in their circles of influence to act now.
- assist and facilitate the calling of an emergency meeting of world leaders, and
- Send them a copy of Climageddon if you think it will help educate them.
If you do have friends, family, or direct or indirect personal connections with any wealthy individuals, use the information above with those personal contacts.
Supporting Action Step D:
Help Job One maximize leverage by contacting the heads and staff of your nation’s intelligence agencies
If we want the politicians of the world to meet soon to declare a world global warming State of Emergency, pass the essential verifiable, and enforceable laws or treaties to save us in time as well as the other needed actions described previously, we have to maximize our influence leverage efforts by using a multi-pronged influence strategy. This includes:
- convincing the world's wealthiest individuals, corporations, and celebrities to lobby their politicians,
- getting the WTO and the IMF and other power centers to use their influence to facilitate and quickly convene the emergency meeting of the world’s political leaders, and
- ensure our national intelligence agencies take over global warming research, analysis, and reporting responsibilities and are actively educating our politicians (and the public) on all of the imminent security and economic threats the escalating global warming emergency poses to our world. (See Part 3 of the Job One Plan for the reasons why the powerful and credible influence of our intelligence agencies with politicians is a key part of our strategy to get the new laws or treaties needed passed in time.)
Do not doubt that there are many brilliant and courageous high-level analysts and executives within the world’s intelligence communities who already know much of what is in this book and its predictions for our future. Because of current political realities, they are restrained from speaking out. We need to give them the support and encouragement necessary for them to continue to champion the truth that will save all of our futures.
These brave individuals will have to fight through the opposing influence or resistance exerted by the fossil fuel industry, lobbyists, other vested interests, existing political partisanship or any fixed ideas and any antiquated systems or traditions within their agencies that would prevent them from credibly educating the politicians they serve before it is too late.
These brilliant and courageous individuals can never forget that not only is the future of their nation at stake, but the world’s future is also at stake. If they fail to convince their respective politicians about the truth and full consequences of the escalating global warming emergency, no one will survive the Climageddon Scenario’s later phases.
If the combined total influence of the world's wealthiest individuals, corporations, celebrities and the world’s intelligence agencies is not able to convince our politicians to enact the needed enforceable and verifiable new laws or treaties, we will be facing the beginning of the end.
If you still need more convincing on why our national intelligence agencies must take the full risk analysis and progress tracking job from the United Nations, see Part 3 of the Job One Plan.
After you have done that, go to the Climageddon Book Support Navigation Center page and go to the link that is most concerned with supporting this action for additional information, updates, or actions. You will find intelligence agency sample letters there as well as a petition you can sign immediately.
Supporting Action Step E:
Help Job One contact and demand the International Monetary Fund and the World Trade Organization and other power centers initiate an emergency meeting of world’s leaders and facilitate the creation of verifiable and enforceable new global warming reduction laws or treaties
You do not need to have friends, family, or direct or indirect personal connections with anyone working at the WTO or IMF or other power centers to help in this action. Here are the steps:
If you don't have any direct or indirect connections within the WTO or IMF or other power centers:
- Before you begin, go to the Climageddon Book Support Navigation Center page and go to the link most concerned with supporting this action for additional information, updates or actions. You will find IMF and WTO or other sample letters here as well.
- Use the best letter writing advice given earlier in the celebrity section and send personal letters and emails asking they use their influence to get the emergency meeting called immediately and execute the meeting actions described in Part 3 of the Job One Plan.
- Send them a copy of Climageddon if you think it will help educate them.
If you do have friends, family, or direct or indirect personal connections within the WTO or IMF or other power centers, use the information above with your connections.
Supportive Action Step F:
Quickly scale up education, collaboration, and mass mobilization
There is one last critical action step to make the Job One Plan successful. We have to massively scale up global education about the emergency and the unfolding Climageddon Scenario. We also need to scale up collaboration and effective action within the urgent deadlines the global warming emergency demands.
But how does this scaling up or solution scalability step actually work? Scalability is defined as:
- the capability of a system, network, or process to handle a growing amount of work, or
- that system’s potential to be enlarged in order to accommodate that growing amount of anticipated work.
At the minimum, this Job One Plan scale-up step means that the global warming challenge is so large that no single organization or group of organizations could handle the ever-increasing volume of communication and coordinated actions that will be needed to resolve this emergency. This also means that the Job One Plan and the Job One for Humanity organization will not be successful with its mission to end human-caused global warming unless it can ignite and catalyze independent self-organizing global education, action and collaboration partnerships and alliances not just with other nonprofit organizations and NGOs, but also with anyone or any organization anywhere that wants to help in this nearly impossible challenge.
In the critical next 6 to 10 years, it will take a massive effort and the greatest emergency mass mobilization in human history by everyone—individuals, groups, NGOs, nonprofits, corporations, and religions, as well as governments around the world. All such organizations will be needed to quickly spread the word on Job One’s best or similar ideas and to get the world's celebrities, wealthiest individuals, corporations, other power centers, as well as our national intelligence agencies leveraging our politicians to create and enforce verifiable new laws or treaties and get the needed critical actions executed before it's too late. It will also require involving the best and brightest minds to amend, adapt, and improve the Job One Plan, solutions and tactics as needed, using new research on the particulars and feedback on the ground at any given location.
Let's get started. The biggest first scale-up substep is to educate as many people as fast as possible about Climageddon and how bad the global warming emergency actually is. There are numerous ways for you to help save your own future and help Job One for Humanity do this:
- Get a copy of the new Climageddon book.
- Click the following link to tell your friends about the new Climageddon book and the Job One for Humanity Plan within it.
- Use our Spread The Word tool where you can automatically share the Climageddon book link on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Gmail +, Reddit, Tumblr, and Digg. (Wherever you can, please add a personal note to your sharing of our link.)
- Go to Amazon, Itunes, and Google play (after June 14, 2017) and write a Climageddon book review. Start with Amazon as they are the biggest bookseller. This small action can make a big difference particularly because the well-financed fossil fuel climate denial propaganda machine will do everything it can to author many, false, horrible and insulting reviews at these websites designed exclusively to discourage anyone from evaluating the book’s information for themselves.
- Sign up for our Global Warming Blog RSS feed to get new global warming articles, and the latest news and progress. There are several thousand news articles already in this blog. (When you sign-up for the RSS feed on the Job One website, a Feedburner pop-up window may appear showing your email address asking you to enter the “no robots” code shown to prove you are not a robot. Once you enter the code, you will be sent an email to verify your email address with the email verification link in it. Once you click the link in the email sent by Feedburner you will automatically receive regular Global Warming Blog updates.)
- If you know someone in any nonprofit or NGO that may be sympathetic to the information and action steps in Climageddon, talk personally with them about what you have learned and have them get a copy of the book. You might be the one who helps them refine and update their mission to the new global warming reality and then encourages them to join the emergency mobilization taking place.
- If you are already involved in any organization sympathetic to the ideas and action plan steps of Climageddon, your organization can help by becoming an independent collaborating partner or ally in the Global Warming Emergency Mobilization (GWEM) currently facilitated at the Job One for Humanity website. There is much your organization can do to collaborate and mobilize with Job One for Humanity on critical path actions to help end global warming. It will take nothing less than a massive emergency mobilization and collaboration between hundreds of thousands of organizations to end this crisis in time to keep us safe. Click here for more Global Warming Emergency Mobilization support, collaboration, and partnering.
- If you know someone in any media-related organization that may be sympathetic to the information in Climageddon, talk personally with them about what you have learned and ask them to start covering information about how little time we have left in their media broadcasts. They are in the same boat as the rest of us. They and their families will suffer just as much as everyone else.
- If you are already involved in an organization sympathetic to the ideas and Job One actions of Climageddon, you or your organization can also buy the book in bulk at a substantial discount and distribute it wherever you think it will do the most good. (For current bulk purchase discounts, email us at manage@JobOneforHumanity.org.)
- If you are not already a member of an organization doing similar mission work to Job One for Humanity, please consider becoming a Job One volunteer and help us educate others. The Job One Plan needs all the volunteers it can get to be successful in the time we have left. To get started as a volunteer, fill in the online volunteer form by clicking here. In the comments field, be sure to let us know about any special skills or experience you have or any specific projects that you would like to work on. One of our team members will get back to you with additional information. On the Job One Navigation Center page you will also find a listing of positions that are currently open for volunteers.
- If you are not already a member of an organization doing similar mission work to Job One for Humanity, you can also set up and self-organize an independent Job One Plan meetup, study, and action group in your local area. We have website tools to help you do this, but you will be the main person creating and self-managing your own local area events and actions. Our newsletter and local area group coordinator will share planned larger scale actions and successful strategies as they become available.
- Donate to support the nonprofit tax-deductible mission of Job One for Humanity. Your financial support will be wisely and frugally used to end global warming and to spread the word and educate others. Your donations also help subsidize discounted or free Climageddon books for students around the world. Never forget that well-financed vested interests in the fossil fuel industries and nations have nearly unlimited funds to impede our efforts. You can be certain they will use those resources against us as our new message gains traction. Help level the playing field, click here to make a online or mail-in donation to support our mission to effectively end global warming. All of your donations are tax-deductible if you are a US citizen.
- If someone has giving you your copy of Climageddon and, you can afford it, please make a donation to help us get more books into the hands of more people.
- Here are a few additional quick supportive actions. Like the Job One website, our Climageddon Facebook page and follow our Climageddon Twitter feed,
There truly is no other way we will be successful unless we can scale up education and action globally!
Please share whatever action step successes or adaptations you have with the Job One team by emailing them to us at manage@JoboneforHumanity.org. We will do our best to share them with everyone in regular newsletter updates.
For additional scaling-up information and strategy, go to the Climageddon Book Support Navigation Center page and go to the Scaling Up link that is most concerned with supporting this action. As of March 15, 2018 we are still construction our Navigation center.
Supporting Action Step G:
For the individuals, corporations, or celebrities or other power centers that do not act, begin contacting them directly at their public events.
Go to these events and set up a peaceful, nonviolent demonstration that would make Gandhi proud. Demand that they immediately use their direct access and effective influence with any and all politicians to whom they have access to enact all of the necessary global warming remedial laws or treaty types listed in the Job One Plan.
If it is a wealthy corporation not responding, you can also get a list of the largest stockholders of that corporation and begin writing them to use their voting leverage to change the policies of the corporation toward this emergency.
Please keep in mind that the Job One For Humanity Plan recommends only peaceful, nonviolent protest and demonstrations. We actively discourage any illegal or violent tactic. We also strongly recommend against going to any individual's private home for these protests. These demonstrations should be only at locations where the public can obtain some level of access.
Before you begin this step, go to the Climageddon Book Support Navigation Center page and go to the link that is most concerned with supporting this action for individuals or organizations who fail to act.
The above letters and actions involving those who have real influence and control can save our future. If large numbers of people from around the world engage in these critical action steps, the world's wealthiest individuals, corporations, and celebrities and other power centers will be educated on their practical responsibilities to end global warming and, to protect their own self interests, will do the right thing. They will use their direct or indirect access and effective influence on the world’s politicians. When this happens, we will be able to resolve the global warming emergency with far less damage and hopefully secure a survivable future for humanity.
There will, of course, be those corporations, individuals, celebrities, and power centers so invested in the carbon and methane polluting fossil fuel industries that they will resist all efforts at evolving through peaceful education. As Upton Sinclair famously observed, “it is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on his not understanding it.”
Do not be discouraged by or waste endless amounts of time on those who blindly and foolishly continue to choose their salary over the future of everyone and everything they love, the great works of our civilization, and the whole of humanity. Just keep the faith and continue executing the Job One Plan action steps.
Once the emergency meeting of world leaders enacts the needed verifiable and enforceable global warming reduction laws or treaties, we will have a real hope for the future and for preventing the later stages of the Climageddon Scenario from unfolding.
A wise and motivating personal launch action
Now that you understand both the urgency of resolving the global warming emergency and most of the logic of the Job One Plan goals and subgoals, it would be wise to make or confirm an important decision and pledge
The Job One for Humanity 3-point pledge to help resolve global warming:
- I will become an active part of the global warming solution by working effectively to help slow, lessen, and end the global warming emergency.
- I will do my part to educate my friends and others about the global warming emergency and its effective solutions.
- I will stay the course until we end the global warming emergency and set laws, treaties and policies in place so it never occurs again!
Gallup Poll reports show up to 87% of workers feel disconnected from meaningful and purposeful work. Resolving global warming is this century’s greatest and most meaningful challenge and job one for humanity.
“Until one is committed, there is hesitancy, the chance to draw back, always ineffectiveness. Concerning all acts of initiative (and creation), there is one elementary truth, the ignorance of which kills countless ideas and splendid plans: that the moment one definitely commits oneself, then providence moves too. A whole stream of events issues from the decision, raising in one's favor all manner of unforeseen incidents, meetings and material assistance, which no man could have dreamt would have come his way. Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it!” —Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Making the above pledge will change your life for the better. It will also release potentials and opportunities that simply would not have appeared had you not done so. Click here to sign this pledge online and join the Job One for Humanity honor roll.
If you understand how to use visualization techniques on the goals and subgoals mentioned previously, please visualize them as already being achieved. If you do not understand the process or importance of the goal visualization process for ending global warming, click here.
The next vaccination against all the difficult news
We can work together and not make it a polarized battle of us versus them because we truly are all in the same sinking boat
If we hold a big-picture perspective and we are creative and smart, we really can work together and we really have to work together! We do not have to “polarize to mobilize.”
Here’s how addressing the global warming emergency can be inherently and ultimately non-polarizing:
- Eventually everyone will be adversely affected in one way or another. Some will be affected less in the beginning. Some will even experience a few benefits in early stages, but as global warming escalates toward irreversibility or it moves toward the Climageddon Scenario extinction levels, we will all suffer nearly equally, no matter how rich we are or how insulated we thought we could make ourselves. Whether we know it or not, at this moment all of our long-term global warming remedial self-interests are aligned. We all win together, or we all lose together.
- With the motive of survival ultimately aligning our self-interests, it is now just a matter of
- passing enforceable and verifiable laws or treaties to end global warming,
- conducting widespread education, and
- then executing those new laws or treaties.
We do not have to play the “us vs. them” game or other win/lose games. We do not have to characterize those who do not understand the incredibly complex global warming information as bad, greedy, or evil people. We should also never forget that general ignorance of the climate system complexities is just where many people are now in their personal, corporate, or national evolution.
If we are tempted to polarize into us vs. them strategies, we need to remind ourselves that every person, every organization, and every nation is at a different level of evolutionary development and maturity. Evolutionary development or maturity depends upon physical, psychological, cultural, educational, and, if you are a spiritual person, even spiritual development and maturity.
No matter what position a seeming adversary may hold in resisting actions to end the escalating global warming emergency, they are just reflecting their current level of evolutionary development and maturity. Never forget that their current education, evolutionary development and maturity level is also part of an ongoing process that is in constant change. Given the right information and circumstances, their positions can change just as your past positions on other issues may have changed.
The big silver lining here is that addressing global warming ignorance among our lawmakers and power brokers is a challenge that can actually be met if we are skillful and determined!
- Because of the lack of truly empowered global governance and the little time remaining to save us, there is no perfect solution to the global warming emergency. But there are reasonable, creative options and workarounds.
- We should have started making the necessary changes to end global warming 30+ years ago. Now, no one else has the necessary influence over today's self-interested politicians than the world's wealthiest individuals, corporations, celebrities, and power centers.
- The global warming emergency must be put squarely on the shoulders and backs of the world's wealthiest corporations, individuals, celebrities, and power centers. It is not the little guy’s responsibility! You and I simply do not have the necessary influence and control over our politicians, no matter how many of us unite together.
- We do not have enough time left to adequately educate the public, mobilize politically, and then use the public’s bottom-up momentum and consensus to sway politicians. Our collective job is to get the world's wealthiest individuals, corporations, celebrities, and power centers to realize that immediately shouldering that responsibility is in their own highest self-interest!
- Unless we slow and lessen the effects of irreversible global warming, it will be a no-win game for everyone, no matter how much wealth you have. The ultra-wealthy individuals, corporations, celebrities, and power centers who are already buying land and facilities in the global-warming-safer areas will not be safe there. Mass migrations of desperate, aggressive, and armed climagees and national armies from unlivable latitudes will eventually overrun any and all border security measures. They will angrily take their fair share of what's left and punish everyone who by commission or omission had any significant part in letting the horrific global warming meltdown and chaos occur.
- There is no ultimately viable backup “Plan B” if we fail to educate those who have the power to immediately remedy this situation. If the world’s wealthiest individuals, corporations, celebrities and power centers don't turn this Titanic of a disaster immediately away from the iceberg of crossing more tipping points, almost everyone and everything will be disrupted or lost in the destabilizing climate chaos.
- All we have to do is convince the world's wealthiest individuals and corporations that escalating global warming is a no-win game for them too! They too will lose their assets, their lives, and their legacies. We just have to convince them of the truth that there is no escape for anyone, no matter how much money they have. Once the world’s wealthiest individuals and corporations understand this, they will follow their highest self-interests to save themselves and, in doing so, they will save us all!
- Let's start convincing them they have to act now and let us not give up until they compel the politicians they control to pass the enforceable and verifiable laws needed. We can do this. If we act wisely, there is hope.
- If we provide enough creative influence and pressure at the correct points of maximum leverage as described in the Job One Plan, we should be able to convince the world’s politicians to do all of the needed actions to save humanity in time.
What is next?
Click here for Part 1 of the Job one Plan on how to best prepare yourself, family and business for the unavoidable 20 worst coming consequences.
Click here for Part 2 of the Job One Plan on the best individual actions to slow and lessen the unavoidable coming consequences.
Click here for Part 3 of the Job One Plan for the critical collective actions we must get done to prevent extinction.
Click here for Part 4 of the Job One Plan on how we can get the critical actions of Part 3 of the Job One Plan done.
 Tim McDonnell. "The fossil fuel industry is bankrolling the Paris Climate talks." Mother Jones. December 2, 2015. http://www.motherjones.com/environment/2015/12/climate-change-summit-paris-cop21-fossil-fuels-sponsors
 "Not Reality TV by James Cameron." YouTube video. 5:27, posted by "Democratic National Convention," July 28, 2016. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zORv8wwiadQ
 Katie Kilkenny. "What can celebrities do for climate change?" Pacific Standard. October 8, 2016. https://psmag.com/what-can-celebrities-do-for-climate-change-d7800b032447#.ij2p2goh7
 Chris Mooney. "People really do pay attention to climate change — when Leonardo DiCaprio talks about it." The Washington Post. August 5, 2016. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/energy-environment/wp/2016/08/05/the-leo-effect-when-dicaprio-talked-climate-change-at-the-oscars-people-suddenly-cared/?utm_term=.6129fadf4b36
Wikipedia contributors, "Self-organization," Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Self-organization&oldid=757928655 (accessed January 2, 2017).
 Steve Crabtree. "Worldwide, 13% of employees are engaged at work." Gallup.com. October 8, 2013. http://www.gallup.com/poll/165269/worldwide-employees-engaged-work.aspx
 Association for the Tree of Life. "Visioning for a better world: why and how." Accessed December 11, 2016. http://www.tree-of-life.works/visioning