"You cannot be called an alarmist if there really is something to be alarmed about." Unknown
New research demonstrates that it is always best to present the bad news first and then go on to the good news. That way individuals can digest the most difficult news knowing that there will be good news coming soon to counter-balance what they are learning...
By late 2017, it became clear to our organization that the global warming authorities in charge of the 2016 Paris Climate Conference agreement had grossly misinformed the public. They have failed to warn the public of the true severity of current and future global warming consequences as well as how soon they will be occurring.
For years, they have told the public that global warming:
- is still manageable (in the sense that we are currently and will continue to make steady and adequate progress in lessening global warming for the foreseeable future,)
- consequences will occur gradually,
- consequences will remain mild until 2100. And, from what we are being told in popular media,
- the worst consequences will occur after 2100 long after most of us are gone.
Nothing listed above could be farther from the truth! In fact, the public has no idea that we have managed escalating global warming so poorly for the last 35 years that it has now become irreversible for centuries to thousands of years with soon arriving horrific consequences!
Our unfortunate current state does not mean everything is hopeless and that there is nothing we can do. But it does mean we are in an extremely serious crisis and we have little remaining time left to prepare and adapt to the massive global warming consequences that will, at the minimum, steadily worsen for another 50 plus years!
(If you need to know how this gross misinformation of the public over a 30-year timeframe occurred, click here and go to the end of the page to the subtitle How this Gross Misinformation Occurred.)
Unfortunately, there is more bad news
If we do not engage in anything less than the greatest mass mobilization of resources in human history directed toward radically cutting fossil fuel use while simultaneously increasing green energy generation to slow and lessen the escalating 20 worst consequences of irreversible global warming, we will cross the critical atmospheric carbon level of 500 parts per million (ppm). This is predicted to happen in just 20-25 years (2038-2042).
If we cross that critical carbon 500 ppm battle line, our average global temperature will inescapably soar to 4°C (7.2 degrees Fahrenheit). At 4°C, all ice on earth will begin melting as it has repeatedly in the past, sea levels will eventually rise almost 300 feet, a large portion of humanity (as much as 30-60%) will die of starvation (or of increased heat's other related consequences) and, governments and society will collapse in many areas of the world.
If we cross the carbon 500 ppm battle line, it is highly probable we will quickly reach carbon 600 ppm within another 25-30 years (2062-2067). Crossing the carbon 600 ppm level will raise the average global temperature to 5°C (9 degrees Fahrenheit) and bring about massive methane releases from ocean coastal shelves and permafrost. Because methane is 86 times more potent than carbon as a greenhouse gas, this will once again rapidly spike average global temperatures and eventually bring about the extinction (as it has done before) of most if not all of humanity and the end of civilization as we know it.
How important is it to understand the escalating global warming emergency and its bad news?
Other than thermonuclear war, irreversible global warming has become humanity's single greatest security threat and greatest global disruptor of future economic, political and social stability! It has also become the single greatest threat multiplier for humanity's other biggest global problems (as described in detail here.)
The escalating consequences of global warming will not occur gradually and will not be mild to moderate as we are being told. Great suffering, starvation, financial loss, large-scale migrations, and death are already occurring all over the world from the 20 major consequences of escalating global warming. Worse yet, these consequences will continue to increase in frequency, severity and scale with each passing year.
If we do not take immediate action to radically cut fossil fuel use and increase green energy generation (as described in our Job One Plan) unconscionable suffering and death will become a reality for as much as 70-90 percent of the world's total population—not by 2100 or later, but by as soon as 2047 to 2067. This will occur mainly because of massive food crop failures and mass starvation. Here is what various U.S. intelligence agencies have said in their Worldwide Threat Assessment about our global warming future in their most recent annual public reports:
"Extreme weather events in a warmer world have the potential for greater impacts and can compound with other drivers to raise the risk of humanitarian disasters, conflict, water and food shortages, population migration, labor shortfalls, price shocks, and power outages..." (This was presented as the written testimony of Dan Coats, the director of national intelligence appointed by President Donald Trump.)
"Worsening air pollution from forest burning, agricultural waste incineration, urbanization, and rapid industrialization—with increasing public awareness—might drive protests against authorities, such as those recently in China, India, and Iran..."
"Accelerating biodiversity and species loss—driven by pollution, warming, unsustainable fishing, and acidifying oceans—will jeopardize vital ecosystems that support critical human systems. Recent estimates suggest that the current extinction rate is 100 to 1,000 times the natural extinction rate."
The above U.S. intelligence report also reflects the views of those in the thoroughly peer-reviewed interagency National Climate Assessment. Unless we enact the greater mass mobilization in human history of the required emergency actions now, we will soon face economic, political, and social collapses at many local, regional, national and international levels.
Our Upgraded Mission
Because of the above misinformation of the public as well as new global warming research, we have been compelled to upgrade our mission to reflect the realities of our new state of irreversible global warming. A major part of the good news of the New Job One for Humanity upgraded mission is that the worst parts of the bad news listed above can still be prevented by immediately enacting the greatest mass mobilization in human history as described in the free Job One Plan. (At the end of this document will be a link to more areas of global warming good news and some surprise benefits of our global warming emergency. We strongly recommend that everyone reads this additional good news to help counterbalance the difficult news about our current global warming condition.)
Because of the above new global warming realities described above, our new mission must now be:
a. to warn you (and society,) about our current state of:
irreversible global warming for at least the next 50 years, its 20 worst consequences, its 11 key tipping points, and the new Global warming timetable and consequence prediction model called the Climageddon Scenario
b. to help you do everything within your power to cause a cut in all global carbon emissions in half by 2020, then cut in half again by 2030, and then cut in half again each decade out to 2050 as the only honest solution to keep us safe. We either do this to this level or most of us, our children and our grandchildren will die from global warming consequences as soon as 2030-2050 (depending on where you live in the world.) To do this you will need to get our governments immediately enacting the radical, painful and costly fossil fuel use cuts by law as well as the other actions required for humanity to survive, see Part 3 of the Job One Plan and Part 4 of the Job One Plan. This way we will help slow and lessen the escalating consequences of irreversible global warming in what will have to be nothing less than the largest mass mobilization of resources in human history.
Never forget, if we fail, there is literally no livable future you would want to inhabit if we do not make the required critical fossil fuel cuts mentioned previously. Never forget we are not talking about vague statistics and probabilities here, but the lives of you, your family and billions of other individuals, families, and children all over the world! Click here to see your first action steps on the Job One plan.
c. to help you prepare for and adapt to this horrible news and, because of the tipping points we are already crossing, the high likelihood that 70-90+ percent of the unprepared human population will be dead within 30-50 years.
(if you have not done so already, please click here to learn exactly what irreversible global warming means and how it unfolds over the next 50 years. You will learn how it will increasingly attack your financial resources, safety, and future. The good news is that if you know what is coming and when it is coming, you can avoid a lot of the coming suffering and loss. In the case of escalating global warming, knowledge is not just power, it is prevention!)
The substeps to achieving our full mission above are:
- To promote the necessary mass global mobilization for radically cutting increasing green energy generation, in order to help save as many individuals as possible and preserve the critical infrastructure of civilization,
- To help individuals first understand and then predict the next wave of global warming-aggravated disasters that almost all of us will inevitably experience either now, soon or in the near future. Click here for that information.
- To help individuals, wherever possible, to adapt locally to the new realities of irreversible global warming. Click here for details on how to do this.
- To help individuals create the emergency backup plans and emergency supplies they will need for short-term recovery from the escalating consequences of global warming aggravated disasters and irreversible global warming. Click here for details on how to do this.
- Where local adaptation strategies are neither possible nor wise, to help as many people as possible migrate to global warming-safe locations. This also means relocating essential key infrastructure near or above the 45th parallel north, near, or below the 45th parallel south. Click here for details on how to do this.
- to educate individuals and groups on how to create their personal lifestyles and livelihoods toward a true Sustainable Prosperity. This along with key collective actions by our governments will in turn also help slow and lessen the speed of this rapidly unfolding catastrophe. (If global warming caused extinction seems unrealistic to you, please see the phase-by-phase global warming extinction process as it unfolds described in the Climageddon Scenario overview here or more fully in the new Climageddon book.)
- To help inclined individuals and groups create sustainable and self-organizing independent eco-communities in global warming-safe locations to help make sure these new communities are well-prepared to survive the onslaught of inescapable catastrophes and help carry forward the survival of humanity, human culture, and civilization. (See the Universe Community sections of our sister website for all the information you will need to do to create your own sustainable independent eco-community in a global warming-safe zone.)
- To provide individuals with effective new strategies designed to help them recover from the early phases of global warming-aggravated disasters physically and financially. Click here for this new information.
- Once we have survived and learned from the global warming emergency, we (this organization and the new eco-communities,) will promote our new understanding of sustainable living and sustainable livelihoods to help us thrive again in the future. (Click here to learn about that new Sustainable Prosperity.)
How our mission will be executed:
- To practice that there is no one to blame for this irreversible global warming emergency. For the last three decades, our current governmental systems have so protected or incentivized fossil fuel use that curtailing it was all but impossible. Additionally, the climate is so complex that only a handful of individuals had both the intellectual bandwidth and the years of climate study to fully grasp how global warming would get out of our control and become irreversible so fast. Those few individuals did not have sufficient governmental influence to prevent global warming from becoming irreversible. The last thing we need to do is to polarize and waste resources in energy-depleting blame.
- We foster tapping into our deepest philosophical and spiritual reserves to help us endure and make sense of the tremendous suffering and sacrifice ahead.
- We promote utilizing this unprecedentedly difficult and urgent situation to enhance and expand the meaning and purpose of our lives, and to help us develop and broaden our character.
- We promote maintaining as positive of a perspective as is possible throughout all of the coming hardships. Click here to see a summary of the 16 surprise positive perspectives on things that can happen in this emergency that might help you sustain your positive perspective through this challenge.
- We actively promote enjoying your life today as fully as is possible because there are no guarantees and we may not succeed.
- We use the best climate science available.
- We do only what is deadline and effectiveness prioritized in the proper sequence to save as much of humanity and civilization as we can.
- We use the free Job One Plan to help individuals slow and lessen what is now unavoidable, cope with the emotional implications of irreversible global warming, create emergency preparedness, and effectively adapt for a difficult future. (As of Feb 7, 2018, we are still working on upgrading of the Job One Plan, but you can still download the older version for free. The older version has 98% of what you will need until we can finish the upgrade sometime before May 31, 2018.)
- We vigorously promote that there is no other way to survive this emergency unless we come together immediately and cooperate as one human family. This is because if we do not cooperate in a massive global emergency mobilization of ALL of humanity's required resources there will be NO winners! Even the ultra-wealthy will only survive temporarily migrating to the far north. Our core message is quite simple. Either we all cooperate on resolving this emergency immediately or we all die!
- We promote the honest global warming hope that ONLY if we prevent ourselves from crossing the carbon 500 ppm final battle line, will there still be a small window of opportunity for humanity and the best of our civilization to survive.
Click here for more important areas of global warming good news and...
some surprise benefits of our global warming emergency. We strongly recommend that everyone reads this additional good news section to help counterbalance the difficult news about our current global warming emergency.
To learn more about the full Job One Plan that will is designed to achieve the mission above, click here.
If you want to know how the gross misinformation of the public catastrophe occurred as mentioned above, click here and go to the section How this Gross Misinformation Occurred.
If you want to learn the most accurate way that you can personally tell if we are making progress in reducing global warming, click here.
If you feel our mission is important to your future and you want to see it succeed:
Click here to make a fast, easy tax-deductible online donation.
Mission Version 3.6, June 6, 2018