By late 2017, it became clear to our organization that the global warming authorities in charge of the 2016 Paris climate conference agreement had grossly misinformed the public. Their failure to warn the public of the true severity of current and future global warming consequences is just one offense in a continual chain of misinformation. For years, they have told the public that global warming:
- is still manageable (in the sense that we currently are and will continue to make steady and adequate progress in lessening global warming for the foreseeable future so we are safe)
- consequences will occur gradually and,
- consequences will not be too severe from now until 2100.
Nothing could be farther from the truth! In fact, the public has no idea that we have managed escalating global warming so poorly for the last 35 years so long that it has now become irreversible with horrible consequences arriving far sooner than we are being told and it will stay irreversible for hundreds to thousands of years!
Our unfortunate current state does not mean everything is hopeless and that there is nothing we can do. But it does mean we are already in a extremely serious crisis and we have little remaining time left to prepare for the coming catastrophes and adapt to the massive climate changes that are getting worse every year.
Because of the above gross misinformation problem as well as new global warming research, we have been compelled to upgrade our mission to reflect the painful new realities for how to survive our new state of irreversible global warming.
(Please click here to learn exactly what irreversible global warming means and how as it continues to unfold will increasingly threaten and diminish your personal finances, safety and future.)
How important is understanding and dealing with the escalating global warming emergency now?
Other than for the occurrence of an immediate global thermonuclear war, irreversible global warming has now become humanity's single greatest security threat and future economic, political and social stability disruptor. It has also become the single greatest threat multiplier for humanity's other biggest global problems (as described here.)
The escalating consequences of global warming will not occur gradually and will not be mild to moderate up until 2100 as we are being told. Great suffering, starvation, financial loss, large scale migrations and death are already occurring all over the world from the 20 major consequences of escalating global warming.
If we do not immediately take action, unconscionable suffering and death will become a reality for as much as 70-90 percent of the world's total population in as little as the next 30 to 50 years.
This will occur because the rapidly approaching consequences like massive food crop failures, mass starvation and death will happen on increasingly larger scales. Unless we take action now, we will also soon face economic, political, and social collapses at most local, regional, national and international levels.
Therefore, the New Job One for Humanity Upgraded Mission Now Must Be:
- To help individuals create the emergency backup plans and emergency supplies to provide short term recovery from the escalating consequences of irreversible global warming. Click here for details on how to do this.
- To help individuals wherever possible to adapt locally to the new realities of irreversible global warming.
- To help as much of humanity as possible migrate to global warming-safe locations as well as relocate essential key infrastructure near or above the 45th parallel north or, near or below the 45th parallel south, wherever local adaptation strategies are not possible or wise.
- To help individuals and groups create self-organizing, independent, and sustainable eco-communities in global warming-safe locations, as well as to make sure these communities are well-prepared to survive the onslaught of the escalating catastrophes no matter what we do at this point. (See the Universe Community sections of this our sister website for all the information you will need to do to create your own independent, sustainable eco-community.)
- To work in the background as best we can to slow and lessen the escalating effects of irreversible global warming in order to prevent the total extinction of humanity and the complete collapse of modern civilization in what is called the Climageddon Scenario. We are helping individuals and groups create new lifestyles and livelihoods of sustainable prosperity, which in many small ways will also slow and lessen the speed of this unfolding catastrophe. (See the Sustainable Prosperity section of our sister organization website for details. If the extinction probability seems unrealistic to you, please see the phase-by-phase global warming extinction process as it unfolds briefly described in the Climageddon Scenario here or, more fully in the new Climageddon book.)
How Our Mission and The Job One Plan Action Steps Are Executed:
- We use the best climate science available.
- We do only what is deadline and effectiveness prioritized sequence to save more of humanity and civilization from what is coming.
- We use the free Job One Plan to help individuals create emergency preparedness, adapt, or migrate to cope with and slow down and lessen the consequences of irreversible global warming. (As of January 17th, 2018, we are still working on the upgrade of the Job One Plan, but you can still download the older version free. The older version has most of what you will need until we can finish the upgrade sometime before March 1, 2018.)
- We do everything we can to support maintaining a positive perspective even though we are facing a chain of unavoidable catastrophes. As a community, we support coming together to cooperate, live more sustainably and make the best of a nearly impossible situation. We actively foster tapping into our deepest philosophical and spiritual reserves to help us endure and make sense of the tremendous suffering and sacrifice ahead. We also utilize this difficult and urgent situation to enhance and expand the meaning, purpose and direction of our lives and to help us develop and broaden our character and skills.
A Few Key Action Steps from the Job One for Humanity Plan to Survive Global Warming
At a collective level, do everything within your power to immediately scale up and transition globally to nearly 100% renewable global green energy generation through your individual actions and a global mass mobilization effort.
At a collective level, do everything within your power to immediately scale down and reduce global fossil fuel use to ensure achieving carbon neutrality (net zero carbon) for all greenhouse gases through your individual actions and a global mass mobilization effort.
On a collective level, begin moving all critical infrastructure to global warming safes zones near or above the 45th parallel north or near or below the 45th parallel south). And,
At a collective level, once we have reached net carbon neutral emissions, begin a further carbon reduction program to reduce atmospheric carbon parts per million (ppm) back down to the long-term temperature and climate-safe level of carbon 325 to 350 ppm from the carbon 411 ppm level where we are as of January 17, 2018.
On a personal level, ready yourself for what is coming by preparing your emergency supplies and adaptation and migration plans. Click here for details on how to do this.
To learn more about the full Job One Plan, click here.
How did this dangerous and gross misinformation of the public about the escalating global warming emergency ever happen?
The unfortunate, widespread, and gross misinformation of the public about how bad global warming has become has occurred in significant part because of:
- major miscalculations from the world’s leading global warming authorities by about 20-40% or more concerning how fast and severe the consequences of global warming will be. (Many of these major miscalculations including to include crossing any of the 11 most dangerous global warming tipping points are fully documented in Chapter 7 of the new Climageddon book.)
- unconscionable groupthink illusions and delusions used and held by our global warming authorities at the Paris Climate Conference concerning possibilities of currently nonexistent atmospheric carbon removal technologies, which may or may not be discovered and successfully implemented until sometime after 2050! Instead of being honest with the public and telling us we needed to immediately make difficult and costly fossil fuel use reductions and sacrifices for ourselves, our children, and future generations, the world's leading global warming authorities took the cowardly and easy way out. As the essential part of their calculations for the critical reductions of fossil fuel carbon pollution in our atmosphere, our global warming authorities have included, used, and even relied upon the projected potential effects of currently non-existing atmospheric carbon removing technology. Inventing this atmospheric carbon removal "miracle cure" occurring sometime after 2050 was the only way to force their current atmospheric carbon reduction calculations to ever work to keep global warming at or below the acknowledged and very dangerous 2° celsius level by 2100. These miracle cure calculations also allowed them to tell us all to go on as we are now without making significant changes or sacrifices. These miracle cure calculations were politically correct, expeditious, and allowed the world's global warming authorities to make everyone believe the most dangerous falsehood possible about our future. These miracle cure new technology calculations were fully relied upon for our current reduction planning in spite of these new technologies:
a. not currently existing,
b. being all but impossible to scale up adequately in time for removing such massive amounts of atmospheric carbon, which are conservatively currently estimated at about 100 gigatons just to keep us below a 2 degree celsius temperature rise. (1 Gigatonne or metric gigaton (unit of mass) is equal to 1,000,000,000 metric tons. 100 gigatons would equal 100 billion metric tons.)
c. potentially having so many catastrophic projected side effects that would make their desperate use to save us at the last minute far worse than the original problem they were intended to solve!
The near-complete reliance upon these non-existent new technologies by the world's global warming authorities to miraculously save us at the last moment is both irresponsible and irrational beyond belief! These projections and calculations are especially unconscionable because the very future survival of humanity is held in the balance by the validity of these calculations.
Worse yet, these illusionary calculations have given the public a false sense of safety. They have stolen the necessary and accurate sense of urgency about the real dangers that are here today, not sometime off in the second half of the 21st century.
Without the correct sense of urgency, the public has been prevented from both understanding and making the critical changes that should have been made decades ago to prevent the current global warming emergency. (The new Climageddon book published by Job One for Humanity describes in detail all of the dangerous groupthink illusions and delusions currently held by the world's leading global warming authorities.)
3. the complexity of the global climate: the massive number of interconnections, interactions, interdependencies, tipping points and nonlinear reactions within the climate's many complex adaptive systems and subsystems making the big picture crisis of falling into irreversible global warming all but invisible to all but a few scientists and big data analysts capable of processing such massive data complexity.
If you feel our mission is important to your future and you want to see it succeed:
Click here to make a fast, easy tax deductible online donation.
Mission Version 3.1, Jan 17, 2018