It is hard to hear about another even more significant threat than the current COVID-19 pandemic and our already occurring (and probable) 2-5 year global recession (or depression.) Yet, if we do not address another global threat while we still can, it will be infinitely worse than the global pandemic and the global recession combined.
Today, so much or our daily lives are being changed and limited. During this time so full of restriction, stress and pressure will naturally build-up.
Luckily, many of us are finding ways to positively use this stress, pressure, and physical restriction. We are making the stress into a powerful motivator to rethink how the world is managed and how it could be.
Unfortunately, while we are working our way through the current mess, we will also need to face and manage the accelerating global warming emergency before we run out of time!
If we don't get global warming slowed down as you will soon see, we will experience a series of apocalyptical extinction events that will make all of the sufferings and sacrifices we will encounter during the current global pandemic and global recession seem like a day at the beach.
How the Doomsday Clock Works
The Global Warming and Climate Change Doomsday Clock below shows us theoretically how close we are to losing control of our future regarding global warming's most catastrophic and extinction-evoking consequences. The midnight position on the Doomsday Clock marks our last chance where the over-arching forces and processes of nature within our climate system will have technically removed us from our global warming "driver's seat."
The 2025 Global Warming & Climate Change Doomsday Clock
To prevent passing beyond midnight on the Global Warming Doomsday clock, we must meet the 2025 global fossil fuel reduction targets. If we do not meet these targets, we will pass beyond, and then through several critical global warming extinction-triggering tipping points.
If we miss the 2025 targets and pass these critical global warming tipping points, the systems and subsystems of our climate, atmosphere, and ecosystems will seize control from us due to the immutable laws of physics which directly relate to the amount of fossil fuel carbon pollution we have put into our atmosphere.
When the Global Warming Doomsday Clock reaches the midnight position, we will have also crossed the last battle line of carbon 425 parts per million (ppm). We then become impotent and ineffective "back seat passengers" riding on the vehicle called Earth.
If we pass the carbon 425 ppm battle line, we will go over the climate cliff. The illustration below shows the last theoretical battle line for atmospheric carbon and the climate cliff. The vertical, red dotted line is the carbon 425 ppm level. (The Climageddon Scenario extinction model and its six phases mentioned in the illustration below are described in more detail here and further below.)
If we cross the carbon 425-450 ppm battle line we will trigger and begin an uncontrollable and unavoidable mass extinction process, which will eventually kill as much as 70-90% of humanity over the next 3-5 decades.
Click here now to see a graph of today's atmospheric carbon parts per million level. Carbon levels in the atmosphere is our best way to predict if temperatures will go up or down in the future and if we are successful with our current fossil fuel reduction strategies.
This continuously updated graph shows our progress or lack of progress in managing our global warming emergency. If the atmospheric carbon graph is going up, things are getting worse. If it is going back down, especially if it moves back down close to the safe carbon 350 ppm level, it is good. As you can see from this graph, we are in deep trouble!
July 2020, Doomsday Clock Update and Wake Up Call
As of July 2020, we are currently at about 416 parts per million (ppm) of carbon in our atmosphere. This well above the carbon 405 ppm level, which would have kept our eventual average global temperature below 2 degrees C. We are in deep, deep trouble and our leaders still seem to be avoiding the global warming emergency reality.
Additionally, because of the COVID-19 pandemic, normal public global warming protests intended to motivate our politicians to act have all but stopped. Although the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic did slow global fossil fuel use about 17 percent for the first months of 2020, global fossil fuel use has begun to slowly rise once again as more people go back to work and come out of shelter-in-place restrictions. Even with the pandemic temporarily lowering global fossil fuel use, we are still short of the critical 25 % annual global fossil fuel reduction levels that all developed countries (including China and India) must meet for 2020 and each year until 2025.
This means if we continue using fossil fuel as we currently are, the global fossil fuel reduction amounts that we must meet by 2025 will need to be considerably higher to make up for the 8% below target for 2020. Higher targets for 2021-to 2025 would be horrible because the needed 25% reductions until 2025 are so high they are already very tough to meet.
To help give the Global Warming and Climate Change Doomsday Clock battle the needed additional context for its high urgency and "wake up" call to action, consider the following:
Michael Mann, the Distinguished Professor of Meteorology from the University of Pennsylvania, has stated that once we reach the carbon 405 parts per million (ppm) level in our atmosphere, a 2 degrees C average global temperature increase (about 4 degrees Fahrenheit) is already baked into our future! Once that happens, there is nothing we can do to stop it!
Because of global warming tipping points and positive feedback loops, Professor Hans Joachim Schellnhuber, director emeritus and founder of the Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research, believes that if we go much above 2° C, we will quickly get to 4° C (about 7° Fahrenheit.) He also says a 4° C increase would spell the end of human civilization.
Johan Rockström, the head of one of Europe's leading research institutes, warned that in a 4°C warmer world, it would be "difficult to see how we could accommodate a billion people or even half of that. Not even a rich minority world survive with modern lifestyles in the post 4°C-warmer turbulent, conflict-ridden world".
Many other climate scientists have warned that once the climate warms 4 degrees C over our preindustrial average global temperature, human adaptation to these temperature levels will be all but impossible! It long past the time to initiate radical global fossil fuel reduction. And,
According to James Hansen, one of the world's most famous climate researchers and one of the first to warn us about our possible extinction, a carbon 450 ppm level will eventually develop into the beyond doomsday average global temperature increase of 6° Celsius (about 11° Fahrenheit.)
Here are some other sobering quick statistics on the current effects of the global warming emergency to also consider:
a. twenty-one million people have been forcibly displaced because of climate change since 2008.
b. seven million premature deaths occur each year due to poor air quality from burning fossil fuel and other related air pollution sources.
c. eighteen million acres of forest are lost each year.
d. twenty-eight thousand species are expected to become extinct by the next quarter of the century due to deforestation.
e. twenty percent of the world’s total oxygen supply is produced in the Amazon forest.
f. It’s estimated that 25% of the world’s total greenhouse gas production comes from deforestation alone. As a result, stored carbon from forests is now being released into the atmosphere instead of being captured.
In case you were wondering, here's why at best, we have only until 2025 to prevent a global warming doomsday
There are several reasons why we have only a few more years left to meet the critical 2025 global fossil fuel reduction targets and save the world from triggering an unavoidable mass extinction process:
1. If we fail to reach the 2025 global fossil fuel reduction targets, we can no longer stop ourselves from crossing over two or three of the four most critical extinction-evoking global warming tipping points. These first two or three crossed extinction-evoking tipping points will initiate an unavoidable mass human, animal, and biological extinction process, which will kill as much as 70-90% of humanity through starvation, resource conflicts, and other related consequences over the next 3-5 decades.
(Click here to read about these post-2025 extinction-evoking global warming tipping points which we can not pass beyond.)
(Click here to read about the necessary 2025 global fossil fuel reduction target. All developed nations have to reduce their total fossil fuel use by 75% by 2025. Underdeveloped nations, which did not cause the current global warming emergency, have lower targets. Lower targets for underdeveloped nations are both fair and morally just since they played a much smaller part in creating the current global warming extinction emergency.)
2. Most people do not understand that our climate system has dominant momentum factors built into it. This momentum is so strong that what we do today to reduce global fossil fuel use will not show up in results (like average global temperature reduction) for about 20-30 years.
We are also dealing with the global warming momentum problem because we have ignored 35 years of global warming warnings by our scientists. We should have begun significantly reducing global fossil fuel use 35 years ago. Having ignored those many and extensive warnings, we now have until 2025 to reach the much more difficult 2025 global fossil fuel reduction targets.
3. Global warming is not taking place in a vacuum where the world is not dealing with other major global crises. Once we go over the 2025 global warming climate cliff, we will make humanity's 12 other critical global crises so much worse that humankind's survival beyond a few more decades would be unlikely. For most of humanity's 12 other critical global crises, climate change and global warming are simultaneously the great disruptors of the 21st century and threat mega-multipliers.
Here is a brief listing of these other 12 critical global challenges facing humanity besides global warming:
Global Challenge 1: Resolving the current COVID-19 global pandemic,
Global Challenge 2: increasing global economic instabilities,
Global Challenge 3: ever-rising over-population,
Global Challenge 4: rising global resource depletion,
Global Challenge 5: escalating pollution of lands, air, and waters.
Global Challenge 6: loss of biodiversity,
Global Challenge 7: growing economic inequality, social and racial injustice, hunger, and poverty.
Global Challenge 8: escalating regional and international terrorism, conflicts, and war,
Global Challenge 9: Mass migrations,
Global Challenge 10: New COVID-19 like pandemics and other new and old disease epidemics, will likely occur every decade.
Global Challenge 11: increasing political instability and collapsing governments, and
Global Challenge 12: Our failure to evolve effective global governance.
(If needed, click here to see a more detailed description of humanity's 12 other most critical global challenges.
What will our ongoing and long term global warming doomsday process of extinction look like?
We will experience the following global warming-related consequences that will occur and continue to increase in frequency, severity, and scale:
1. atmospheric heating which increases average global temperature,
2. new disease outbreaks, epidemics, and more COVID-19 like pandemics in areas where they have never been before. (This is due to loss of natural animal habitat, eating more wild animals, additional melting of the permafrost, overcrowding, less resilient health systems, and mass migrations. Because of accelerating global warming consequences, we could be experiencing COVID-19 type pandemics every decade.)
3. shrinking sea ice and ice shelves, glaciers and snowpack,
4. extreme storms of all kinds, (hurricanes, tornadoes, rain bombs, bomb cyclones, etc,)
5. crop failures increasing mass starvation, and soaring food prices,
7. new disease outbreaks, epidemics, and pandemics in areas where they have never been before,
8. clean drinking water scarcity,
10. fires and wildfires,
12. toxic air pollution,
13. ocean acidification, (Ocean heating and ocean acidification from carbon from global warming will eventually kill off much of the oceans' oxygen-producing plankton. These plankton are responsible for as much as 50% of all oxygen produced on the planet.)
14. loss of biodiversity,
15. jet stream disruption, (disruption of seasonal weather patterns,)
15. mass human migrations,
16 animal and insect migrations,
17. forests that were a major stabilizing force absorbing carbon become neutral in their carbon absorption and stop taking carbon from the atmosphere. (Soon in later phases the forests will begin to release their vast stores of carbon pushing temperatures higher even faster.)
18. economic losses. (most nations will spend an ever-increasing percentage of their total gross domestic product (GDP) directly or indirectly paying for the consequences of the global warming emergency.)
19. accelerating reef collapses around the world, (which negatively affects fish spawning and feeding areas, which causes more collapse of global fish populations, which causes more human starvation around the world. This is because fish protein is a major source of food for the world's poorer populations.)
20. slowing continues in the Atlantic Current. This further destabilizes global weather.
21. decreased albedo from reduced snow cover increasing earth's heat,
22. soils overheating and instead of absorbing atmospheric carbon, they begin releasing carbon back into the atmosphere increasing heat,
23. oceans overheating and instead of absorbing atmospheric carbon, they begin releasing it (which also further increases heat, all of which results in more heat speeding up the whole process of more positive feedback loops, crossing more points of no return and tipping points.)
24. an increased amount of methane is released from the permafrost and methane clathrate crystals on coastal shelves because of warmer oceans (this further increases heat, possible ocean current change resulting in extreme weather changes, all of which once again results in more heat speeding up the whole process of more positive feedback loops, crossing more points of no return and tipping points. For more about this mass extinction methane tipping point and time bomb, see the third extinction-evoking global warming tipping point on this page.)
24. massive tectonic plate weight change from weight changes in melting ice and rising seas above the tectonic plates causing increased earthquakes, tsunamis, and volcanoes, all of which except the earthquakes and volcanoes results in more heat speeding up the whole process of more positive feedback loops, crossing more points of no return and tipping points.
How this directly or indirectly you affect you as global warming accelerates, interacts with and amplifies the 12 other global challenges
In one way or another, directly or indirectly, as the above list of heat-driven global warming consequences increase in severity, frequency, and scale the following things will also occur as we grow closer to our doomsday:
1. The total human capacity to work or produce will go down significantly, causing more business and distribution interruptions, business, and personal uncertainty, and unemployment, and homelessness.
2. There will be less food available from crops and fish stocks due to many of the extreme climate consequences.
3. Food prices will rise.
4. More people will starve.
5. The costs for living, repair, maintenance, building, or rebuilding in global warming safer areas will continue to go up.
6. There will be increasing disease, epidemics, and pandemics.
7. There be increasing migrations of starving, sick, or unemployed people fleeing from climate consequences and unstable or collapsed economies or nations.
8. There will be ever-increasing criminality by larger and larger portions of the population who are starving, ill or unemployed, and desperately trying to survive by any means possible.
9. Because of the growing criminality and social and political chaos, governments will impose states of emergency and martial law resulting in increased restrictions, suffering, and the loss of many hard-won human rights.
10. As the social economic and political chaos spreads, there will be more regional, national, and international conflicts and more conventional wars. There will even be a significant potential for limited nuclear war. These conflicts and wars will be due to growing resource scarcity, global warming-safe land scarcity, unstoppable migrations and other items listed on this page.
11. When all of the above items are taken collectively, it will cause additional economies and nations that were less stable to collapse entirely. And finally,
12. Human suffering and global deaths will continue to increase exponentially. Human deaths will eventually reach mass extinction levels.
Why global warming truly is the single greatest driver, disruptor and global threat multiplier for the collapse of the civilization in the 21st century
Global warming can directly or indirectly significantly amplify and multiply the adverse consequences of almost every other global challenge listed above. Our global warming emergency of itself, if not resolved soon, will cause the deaths of as much as 70-90% of humanity within as little as the next 30-50 years. Worse yet, long before 2050 we will cross several extinction-evoking global warming tipping points (described here.)
Global warming is also very bad for the world's economy. The rising consequences of the global warming emergency will consume ever larger and larger percentages of every nations Gross Domestic Productivity (GDP.)
Excluding the global challenge of having no real global government (which is an evolutionary, structural, and developmental issue) and immediate global thermonuclear war, our near out of control global warming truly is the single most dangerous global challenge today and driver for the collapse of modern civilization.
More about why global warming is the keystone for the global collapse of civilization
It is essential to think about accelerating global warming as the keystone of impending global collapse. This is because it will speed up the consequences or collapse of most of the other 12 global challenges.
If you have seen a Roman architectural arch, you already know a little about what a keystone is. It is the central, usually triangular-shaped stone at the top center of the curvature. It is also the critical supporting stone that holds all the other stones in place and maintains the integrity and strength of the arch. If you pull a keystone out of a Roman arch, the whole arch immediately crumbles and ultimately falls in on itself.
That is also what will figuratively happen with civilization if we continue to let global warming get worse.
Imagine a Roman arch made up of global warming (which is our climate) as its keystone. Now imagine the other 12 global challenges listed above as the remaining stones holding up the arch of our civilization.
In this image, global warming is the keystone that will lead to the ultimate collapse of our global civilization when it crumbles due to accelerating heat. Unfortunately, our accelerating global warming challenge will also facilitate the collapse of our global civilization in the quickest and surest way. The only other global challenge that will lead to a quicker and more certain global civilization collapse is an immediate global nuclear war.
Do not forget that when the global warming keystone begins to collapse, it also forces the other 12 global challenges to have intensified consequences and themselves begin collapsing far faster than we can be prepared for or from which we can recover. If the global warming keystone collapses (by crossing more and more of its internal tipping points as described in the six Climageddon Scenario phases), every projected time frame relating to global warming's consequences and the consequences of the world's 12 other global challenges would also radically change for the worse.
Outcomes that were predicted to be many decades away could now become just a few decades away. At the least, the consequences and timeframes indicated in these six Climageddon Scenario phases would be significantly speeded up!
Up until now, the focus of this article has been mostly on global warming. But, at this point it is critical to also see the collapse of our civilization as a separate and far more significant issue hidden within the global warming emergency and this Doomsday Clock.
When accelerating global warming multiplies and amplifies the consequences of the 12 other global challenges, it becomes the hot, lit match that can rapidly expedite the adverse effects of the other 12 global challenges causing them to explode. This explosion of adverse consequences across most of our global challenges would eventually result in the complete or near-complete collapse of our global civilization.
Worse yet, the multiplying and amplifying effect of accelerating global warming on the other 12 global warming challenges could also shorten the Climageddon Scenario predicted time frames for the coming social, economic, and political consequences and their resultant potentials for system collapse and chaos, by as much as 10-30 percent or more.
What happens when most of the above global challenges "feed" into each other's many consequences?
The future is not just a single global challenge getting worse. It is almost all of them getting worse at the same time as well as these global challenges pushing other challenges faster and faster toward their tipping and collapse points. This means that those living today (and future generations) will face a cascading convergence of worsening global catastrophes, which collectively will crush the probability and possibilities of having a liveable future.
If left managed ineffectively, hundreds of millions then billions will suffer and die. Paradoxically, because so many will die, many of the above challenges will lessen dramatically or be radically reduced because there will be so few people left competing or fighting for survival. There could also be a point where most of the coming mass die-off will not be coming solely from starvation, global warming, or other global challenges. It will come from new scarce resources or border wars that could even go nuclear as the few remaining stable nations try to retain their boundaries and survival.
Take a few moments at this point. Ask yourself the following questions. How long do you think humanity can muddle on into the 21st century without effectively resolving the global warming emergency and the other 12 critical global challenges as they continue to get worse; 2030, 2040, 2050, 2060, 2070, or the end of the 21st century? Most well-informed people think we will be lucky to make it into the 2040s or 2050s.
Are our leaders and governments being effective in handing all most or even any of these critical global challenges to our future?
"No existing emergency preparedness program, government, NGO or international organization is even remotely close to being prepared for, or capable of recovering from the large scale convergence, whipsawing, and amplification of almost all of Earth's greatest global challenges fueled and accelerated by the great disruptor and keystone threat multiplier of accelerating global warming.
This "Great Convergence" of all of these 13 global challenges creates a whole planetary system emergency never before seen or experienced in human history. This "Great Convergence" is also the 'perfect storm of perfect storms' and the most likely spiraling initiator and combined cause for the extinction of the human species and the collapse of civilization within a few decades.
At this location, you can see the many consequences and timeframes leading up to humanity;'s extinction unfold within the six distinct phases of the Climageddon Scenario extinction model. You can also click the image below to take you to this same scary and detailed deep dive into our future.)
The last shockers for what happens when you mix escalating global warming consequences with the escalating consequences of the other 12 global challenges?
All of the previously mentioned consequences interacting, multiplying, or amplifying each other will then eventually push more of our human systems ever closer toward or over their own internal tipping points. This means that eventually, more of these systems will crash and the weaker countries will collapse first under the ever-increasing weight of these rising internal economic, political, and social climate-related catastrophes.
What also will begin to happen is that more nuclear reactors, toxic chemical manufacturing plants and any chemical or biological weapons stockpiles in the weakest nations will become even more vulnerable to accidental meltdown, release or theft as the governments of weaker nations lose their remaining resources or manpower to keep these critical sites secure and operational.
And then as more of the world's weakest nations collapse from the mounting global warming, our other global challenges, they will create even more desperate climagees (in the tens and eventually in the hundreds of millions.) As rising climagee migrations seek to enter stronger or safer nations, the stronger nations will also begin to experience more severe local, regional and national breakdowns in law and order as they experience even greater stresses upon their own economic, social, and political systems. Eventually, the world's strongest nations will also begin destabilizing from the weight of the many above listed accumulating consequences.
But, it is not all horrible climate change and global warming news. There is good some news...
Like the COVID-19 global pandemic, our political leaders and governments are not managing this emergency properly. We still can make critical global fossil fuel reductions necessary to slow down the coming consequences. And, there is a realistic and practical plan to help us do this and survive and thrive.
It is called the Job One for Humanity Plan B. (To learn more about the Job One Plan B, click here or click the image below.)
There is a real urgency here to address the climate change and global warming extinction emergency. It is crucial that you act now. We have so little time left to protect our future, humanity, and civilization.
Click here to get started on the Job One Plan and...
There is little time left to reduce global fossil fuel use to meet the 2025 global targets. This lack of time means we immediately need to hit the ground running.
The Global Warming and Climate Change Doomsday Clock is ticking. No matter how big the challenge is or how short the time to get it done, we need to deal with the global warming emergency and humanity's 12 other critical global crises.
To do this, it will help to remember that we need to remember to stay calm and carry on!
If you want a livable future, here is one easy thing every reader of this "it's time to wake up" article can and should do right now!
Please forward this article to friends and share it on social media when you are done reading it. We are an all-volunteer organization, and we can't "wake up the world" to the global warming extinction emergency by ourselves.
Please help us get the Global Warming and Climate Change Doomsday Clock into the awareness of millions and then billions of our fellow citizens around the world. Feel free to translate it if the search engine automatic translators are not working well enough in your native language.
Critical Technical Details for the Global Warming and Climate Change Doomsday Clock
1. It should be noted that many, many climate scientists have had the courage to say we are already well past the point of effectively stopping global warming from reaching a 2 degree Celcius increase in average global temperature (above our pre-industrial temperature levels.) When our average global temperature reaches a 2 degree Celcius increase, we have crossed over the last carbon 425-450 ppm battle line, and we have gone over the carbon climate cliff. This means that the mass extinction-evoking global warming tipping points described on this page will soon be triggered.
In essence, what these "it is already too late" climate scientists are now saying is:
a. We have already gone past the midnight hour on the Climate Change and Global Warming Doomsday Clock.
b. All we can do now is prepare for and adapt to the horrible list of consequences described in this article.
c. We will not be able to avoid a mass extinction event and die-off. And,
d. The only thing our governments (not us as individuals) can still do is slow, save, and salvage what we can to still prevent a global warming-driven total extinction event. To do this, they need to slow down the accelerating rise in global temperature from the rate that it is now. This will allow more of us to survive a little bit longer to get prepared. (On this page, you will find our Plan B for how to prepare for and adapt to the many consequences we can no longer change.)
Our organization, which has done over a decade of extensive research analysis on the global warming emergency and which has created this Doomsday Clock, has also aligned itself with the many climate scientists who have said we are well past the point of effectively stopping global warming from reaching a 2 degree Celcius increase. (On this page you will find the almost two dozen reasons why our organization now also believes that global warming has gone out of our reasonable control and that we will face unavoidable mass extinction with just a few decades.)
If that is our current position, it is only natural to wonder why we have also created and are promoting the Climate Change and Global Warming Doomsday Clock? The answer is simple.
We wanted to promote the extreme urgency of the global warming extinction emergency so that our governments finally begin to significantly reduce global fossil fuel use to at least slow down the current global warming acceleration curve enough to prevent a total extinction event. Also, if more people understand the urgency of our emergency, they also will do what they can to slow it down and, they will have more time to prepare for and adapt to the upcoming horrific global warming consequences. As this happens more of humanity and civilization can also survive longer and most importantly, we still have a chance to avoid total extinction. It is just that simple! (Click here to see the many effective government actions needed to slow down the total extinction nightmare so more of us can survive longer.
2. Many global warming educational organizations are currently using different critical fossil fuel reduction dates. Many promote that all nations of the world have to reduce their total fossil fuel use by 50% by 2030. This 2030 date is too little too late and is dead and dangerously wrong for many reasons.
One of the biggest reasons is because this 2030 target date ignores the principles of equity and international justice, namely proportional responsibility for harm caused. It demands that all of the undeveloped, poorer nations reduce their annual fossil fuel use the same percentage amounts as all of the wealthy and developed nations. This demand for the same percentage amount of fossil fuel reduction even though the wealthy developed nations have caused almost all of the global warming and atmospheric carbon pollution problems that we now face is inherently unfair.
3. There are also many other reasons some global warming educational organizations are still promoting erroneous 2030, 2025, 2040 ad 2050 global fossil fuel reduction targets. Many additional technical reasons for why these other deadlines are wrong are found in the Special Technical Notes section at the bottom of the 2025 global fossil fuel reduction targets description page.
4. The correct 2025 global fossil fuel reduction targets mentioned above do allow the poorer, undeveloped nations to cut their annual fossil fuel use considerably less than the wealthy developed nations. And with these 2025 targets, we still get to the overall needed global fossil fuel use reductions to prevent crossing the climate cliff and its extinction evoking tipping points. On this 2025 global target detail page, you will also discover more information about how the 2025 global fossil fuel reductions are shared equitably between wealthy developed and poor undeveloped nations as well as links to the science behind the validity of the 2025 targets.
We know the Global Warming and Climate Change Doomsday Clock and materials can be upsetting.
If you need to hear some good even great news about our global warming extinction emergency, click here. This surprise good news page is the most read page on our website, having been viewed several million times.
And finally, according to our policy of respectful disruption, we dedicate the Global Warming and Climate Change Doomsday Clock to...
In our humble opinion, it is now necessary to call out and identify the following supposed leading organizations that have repeatedly failed to create or promote effective global warming solutions that deal with the real urgency of the global warming extinction emergency and its current deadlines.
These organizations and individuals are:
Group 1: The Environmental Defense, the Sierra Club, National Resources Defense Council, and the Hewlett and Packard Foundation. These organizations control over 70% of global warming education money in the US. They did not educate about the correct fossil fuel reduction targets and deadlines, or effective global warming solutions that would have prevented mass human, animal, and biological extinction in time.
Group 2: The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, the Green New Deal's creators and promoters, and the Grantham Foundation. (The Bill and Melinda Gates foundation's global warming extinction emergency education is so minimal it is pathetic. The little it does is focused upon the IPCC's seriously underestimated consequences, targets and global warming solution deadlines. At times the Gates foundation appears to forward a biological systems under-informed techno-optimism. It's techno-optimism seems to be seeking to turn planetary geoengineering into a new profit center for Bill and Melinda Gates empire or related future entities.
The Green New Deal is loaded with wrong targets, wrong timetables, and inadequate "too little too late" solutions that will continue to doom us while we think we are saving ourselves.
Through its founder, the Grantham Foundation continually warns about how bad the future is going to be but fails to put its funding where its predictions point. It appears they are using the foundation's dire warnings to help sell investment products in another related corporate entity.)
Group 3: To be added on January 1, 2021 update to the Global Warming and Climate Change Doomsday Clock.
For years, we've swallowed the global warming delusions offered in a Matrix-like movie "blue pill." Today, some of the above "blue pill" enthusiasts are finally beginning to have doubts and anxieties concerning their grossly underestimated global fossil fuel reduction targets, techno-optimism, or belief in a super-rapid green energy generation transition that will save us in time.
Click here to see what our governments and the largest environmental groups must do to prevent the climate change and global warming doomsday from occurring!
Click here to review our policy of respectful disruption.