RSVP here for the catered feast 2019 San Rafael Lighted Boat Parade, sunset cruise, and holiday celebration on the Universe Spirit yacht shown below. If you know all of the event details already, you can skip to the bottom of the page and RSVP. All event key details are listed a bit further below...
Treat yourself to a very special holiday cruise event, support a great cause and get a year-end tax-deduction!
Join us on the Universe Spirit yacht (largest boat photo below for this year's catered Lighted Boat Parade in San Rafael on Dec 7, help a worthy non-profit cause and you get a tax-deduction! It is a full-on celebration that will bring back your best memories of the holidays! Like we have done several times before, we will have amplified holiday carolers singing on the bow and anyone on-board can join in the caroling.
After a sunset cruise and catered feast, you ride in the parade on the yacht below viewing the thousands of people on the banks of the San Rafael canal are waving and singing. It is a holiday one-of-a-kind and truly memorable experience!
We have a licensed captain and experienced crew to keep us safe and the yacht is fully stabilized. The SF bay is generally calm and with our stabilizers no-one should get seasick.
(Update: As of Dec 5th the event is full! Email us for the wait list.)
All RSVPs from December 1st to December 7th, are $115 per person.
Your celebration RSVP will be confirmed by email with all key event details after your tax-deductible donation is completed. Updates will be sent to you automatically.
This is the essential Job One for Humanity tax-deductible fundraiser to keep this non-profit organization on its worthy educational mission in 2020.
About the Lighted Boat Parade portion of the Celebration
Every year we do the San Rafael Lighted Boat Parade celebration and fundraiser event for Job One for Humanity nonprofit organization on the Universe Spirit yacht shown above. Most years this decorated yacht takes 1st, 2nd or 3rd place for best decorated in the parade event. You can see the exterior of the yacht above, but the interior holiday decorations are even nicer. You really get the holiday good feeling when you come aboard.
Anyone who has ever joined us knows this is a very unique and sunset cruise and funtastic celebration. (Photos and spectacular video link to San Rafael past lighted boat parades here. Also Google "San Rafael Lighted Boat parade photos." It will give you a great idea about the traditional parade section of the event.)
This year the traditional San Rafael lighted boat parade will be on Saturday, December 7th. To make it easier for Job One and you, and have plenty of food for the holiday feast, this year we will cater the event with healthy and delicious meals, wine, and beer. (If you have unique holiday beverage desires, you would need to bring those along.)
- Each event will start with everyone being on board at 3:30 pm on Saturday for a sunset cruise which will leave the dock at about 4 pm sharp! If you miss the launch at 4 pm sharp, you will need to wait at Andy's Local Market or at the yacht club until we return from the sunset cruise for the Lighted Boat Parade section of the event. You will need to call 775-338-3578 so we know to pick you up.
- The event will be a catered holiday feast of healthy foods. We are going to have someone like Whole Foods or Andy's provide most of the foods. We will be serving wine, champagne and beer, but you can bring other beverages if you like.
- If you have special dietary needs, gluten-free, vegetarian etc., you can let us know those needs after you complete your RSVP and before Nov 30th. That way we can let the caterers know in time.
- The sunset cruise portion of the event will last until about 5:30. At that point, we will join inline for the parade with the scores of other holiday lighted boats and cruise in the parade until about 7-7:30 pm.
- We cruise back and dock at about 8 or 8:30 pm. Once on the dock you can stay and socialize with others about global warming issues in a Q&A with the author of Climageddon The Global Warming Emergency for another hour or so. (Click here to learn more about the Climageddon book or go here to read the dozens of four and five-star reviews at Amazon.)
- For those of you who do not want to stay for the author's salon on the yacht at around 8-8:30 when we return to the dock after the parade, you can go over to the Loch Lomond Yacht club (about 100 yards from the yacht) as Karen and Lawrence's guests for a no-host bar and more socializing. All you will need to do is wear the club's guest tags.
- The celebration is almost all holiday fun and socializing except for about 10 minutes when we return to dock at about 8:00 pm-ish where we remind everyone that this is the main fundraiser for 2020 for Job One for Humanity.)
- Children over 9 can join us, but they need to wear a life jacket at all times on the cruise, and a parent must be overseeing them and responsible for them at all times.
- Additional celebration parking, security gate access, and address information will be emailed to you after you RSVP.
- We always cruise at very slow speeds to minimize fuel usage and fossil fuel pollution!
When you RSVP and sign up
you will immediately get an end-of-the-year tax-deduction receipt. This emailed receipt confirms you have successfully RSVPed and you have a reserved place on the Dec 7th San Rafael Lighted boat parade and sunset cruise.
Looking forward to having an amazing time with you at a great holiday celebration for a worthy cause.
Volunteers need to put in at least 4 hrs to attend free. If you want to volunteer, let us know soon by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org . Volunteer spaces go fast!
This is the Universe Spirit Yacht (below) All Decked Out for the Lighted Boat Parade.
You can view the parade from the bow, flybridge or from the inside.
All guests will also receive 2 surprise holiday gifts from Job One for Humanity right after the event, an extra $15 value!