Climageddon Scenario Phase 6 as soon as 2070 to unknown dates:
(To see the Climageddon Scenario Phase 5, click here.)
We eventually lose our overheated atmosphere into space, we pass beyond carbon 750 ppm, and all life on Earth eventually ends.
At the current rate, we could move into Phase 6 at some unknown point as atmospheric carbon pollution continues to rise and as cascading crossed global warming points of no return and tipping points in all climate, human, and biological systems go into a total meltdown as well as an endless positive feedback loop.
In Phase 6, humanity will not have been able to control or slow escalating global warming to create a stabilized climate at any previous phase of the Climageddon Scenario. The average global temperature continues to rise with no end in sight or any way to slow it.
This is what is also known as runaway global warming and leads to the Venus effect. This is where our climate changes permanently in an endless and runaway positive feedback loop. The Venus effect is what is believed to have happened to the atmosphere that once existed around the planet, Venus. At some point, the atmosphere of Venus became so hot that the conditions that kept its water and the atmosphere from being stripped off into space were lost.
In Phase 6, all planetary life dependent upon the atmosphere will be lost. We do not know what level of greenhouse gases have to be present in our atmosphere before Earth could suffer the same loss of water and atmosphere the way Venus did. It is probably many times above our current carbon ppm level.
Because of the previously mentioned factors, it is impossible to predict when humanity could face Phase 6 of the Climageddon Scenario. In this phase, the costs will be incalculable in terms of human life, suffering, and property. It will cost us everything we know and love.
The warning signs of phase 6 from 2070 until ????
The following listing of positive feedback loops, points of no return, tipping points, consequences, and interactions with our other current global challenges should be considered as good warning signs we are both in phase 6 or moving rapidly through phase 5 into an unknown future phase 7 or full-on Venus effect. Watch for information about these consequences and events being projected to occur in the news.
Particularly watch to see if they're being described as worse than before or as breaking all previous records. Look carefully at what the consequence pattern and trend is moving toward. These are the best objective accelerating warning signs that individuals can see for themselves and that will motivate thoughtful individuals to act appropriately.
Phase 6: The following general global warming consequences will continue to increase in severity, frequency, and scale from 2070 until ????.
The global warming-related consequences that will occur and continue to increase in this phase from continuing to burn fossil fuels at anything close to the rates we are now are:
1. atmospheric heating which increases average global temperature,
2. new disease outbreaks, epidemics, and more COVID-19 like pandemics in areas where they have never been before. (This is due to loss of natural animal habitat, eating more wild animals, additional melting of the permafrost, overcrowding, less resilient health systems, and mass migrations. Because of accelerating global warming consequences, we could be experiencing COVID-19 type pandemics every decade.)
3. shrinking sea ice and ice shelves, glaciers and snowpack,
4. crop failures increasing mass starvation, and soaring food prices,
5. extreme storms of all kinds, (hurricanes, tornadoes, rain bombs, bomb cyclones, etc,)
7. clean drinking water scarcity,
9. fires and wildfires,
11. toxic air pollution,
12. ocean acidification, (Ocean heating and ocean acidification from carbon from global warming will eventually kill off much of the oceans' oxygen-producing plankton. These plankton are responsible for as much as 50% of all oxygen produced on the planet.)
13. loss of biodiversity,
14. jet stream disruption,
15. mass human migrations,
16 animal and insect migrations,
17. Tsunamis and earthquakes, and
18. economic losses. (In this phase, most nations will spend 1-3 percent of their total gross domestic product (GDP) directly or indirectly paying for the consequences of the global warming emergency.)
19. forests that were a major stabilizing force absorbing carbon become neutral in their carbon absorption and stop taking carbon from the atmosphere. (Soon in later phases the forests will begin to release their vast stores of carbon pushing temperatures higher even faster.)
20. accelerating reef collapses around the world, (which negatively affects fish spawning and feeding areas, which causes more collapse of global fish populations, which causes more human starvation around the world. This is because fish protein is a major source of food for the world's poorer populations.)
21. decreased albedo from reduced snow cover increasing earth's heat,
22. soils overheating and instead of absorbing atmospheric carbon, releasing carbon back into the atmosphere increasing heat,
23. oceans overheating and instead of absorbing atmospheric carbon, releasing it (which also further increases heat, all of which results in more heat speeding up the whole process of more positive feedback loops, crossing more points of no return and tipping points.)
24. an increased amount of methane is released from methane clathrate crystals on coastal shelves because of warmer oceans (this further increases heat, possible ocean current change resulting in extreme weather changes, all of which once again results in more heat speeding up the whole process of more positive feedback loops, crossing more points of no return and tipping points. For more about this mass extinction methane tipping point and time bomb, see the third extinction-evoking global warming tipping point on this page.)
25. massive tectonic plate weight change from weight changes in melting ice and rising seas above the tectonic plates causing increased earthquakes and volcanoes, all of which except the earthquakes and volcanoes results in more heat speeding up the whole process of more positive feedback loops, crossing more points of no return and tipping points.
In one way or another, directly or indirectly as the above list of heat-driven global warming consequences increase in severity, frequency, and scale the following things occur:
1. the human capacity to work or produce as before goes down,
2. repair costs and losses go up,
3. less food is available from crops and fish stocks,
4. food prices rise,
5. more people starve,
6. there are more migrations of starving people,
7. there are more conflicts and wars,
8. more economies and nations collapse, and
9. more and people die.
Phase 6: From 2070 until ????, there will be continual critical reactions of global warming consequences with our other global challenges, which will cross-intensify and worsen many of the global warming consequences of this phase as well as our other global challenges themselves.
The other 12 non-global warming challenges to our global society that will both interact with each other and likely continue to worsen in this 6th phase of the Climageddon Scenario are the same as the 12 you read in phase 1 on this page. (See this page if you need to refresh yourself for what is on this long future nightmare list.)
Phase 6: Critical reactions with other existing global challenges that will cross intensify and worsen the consequences of this phase as well as our biggest global challenges themselves is no longer relevant because:
1. there are few or no functioning governments and
2. only a few people are left (200-500 million if any.)
What happens when you mix everything above together in Phase 6?
What you are looking at once we reach Phase 6 is the complete end of the world as we know it. Many of the consequences, tipping points, or global challenges listed above in Phase 6 are no longer relevant or applicable because they have exhausted all of their potentials for harming individuals businesses or nations. There is no one or no thing left in their proximity remaining to be harmed.
Risk and threat ratings
Phase 6 Torino impact rating:
Phase 6 US military DEFCON rating:
Phase 6 US Homeland Security risk rating:
Congratulations! You have finished Phase 6 of the Climageddon Scenario. There no more Climageddon Scenario phases to review. Because the Climageddon Scenario is already unfolding, please do not forget that if we do reach the last chance 2025 global fossil fuel reduction targets by plus or minus 5 percent, we will avoid the worst consequences of the Climageddon Scenario and mass extinction! Life over the millennia always seems to find a way to solve its previous mass extinction challenges!
To help prevent the 6 phases of the Climageddon Scenario from unfolding there exists a deadline-prioritized, effective action plan to ensure we do not trigger the later mass extinction phases. Click here for a brief overview of this plan. Once we get the greatest disruptor and threat multiplier of the 21st-century (global warming,) under control by building truly sustainable lifestyles and livelihoods, we can then move on to some of the deeper social and economic causes of global warming by focusing more on the other non-global warming global challenges mentioned on this page.