After reviewing all of the scary future consequences concerning the 12 major challenges of our future found on the Universe Spirt and Job One for Humanity websites, it is only fair to wonder if we are some group of survivalists or end of the world preppers, doomers, or supporters of the growing "near term human extinction" or post-doom movements. We are definitively not!
Our focus is climate education and activism. We are, although also wisely, helping to prepare ourselves and others for the unavoidably painful road ahead created by our previous individual and collective bad climate and other decisions.
We also are not techno-optimists or techno-delusionists. We do not believe that magical carbon-sucking unicorns, desperate last chance geo-engineering, or other delusional techno-miracles will save us in time or without even worse side effects. To stop our accelerating problems of over-consumption of resources and Overshoot (also behind the climate extinction emergency), we must consume less and come into a better balance with the natural world.
We do not support the growing premise that total human extinction sometime over the rest of this century is a certainty. The qualified and painful truth is that if we do not come close to the 2025 global fossil fuel reduction targets, the likelihood of a total or near-total human extinction will rise to the level of both a genuine and urgent threat. Even though the extinction of half of humanity is highly probable by mid-century, total or near-total extinction will take at least another 50-70 years to begin its final phases.
If we do not get close to the 2025 global fossil fuel reduction targets as soon as possible, we do believe that near total extinction (but not total extinction) is possible and could take place after mid-century.
Therefore, all is not lost --- yet! We do have some time left (from about 2025-2031) to make the needed critical climate change and other changes.
On the other hand, it is also essential to be candid that many horrendous climate change and other related consequences are already "baked into" our global systems and that those consequences are now unavoidable! Moreover, these many "baked in" consequences will eventually cause the inevitable die-off of about half of humanity by mid-century.
Because of the coming cascade of unavoidable consequences, we also face a probable widespread and intensifying collapse of many of our weakest local, regional, and national social and economic systems as we approach the mid-century.
Yes, we certainly face the largest evolutionary challenge in humanity's long history of great survival challenges, yet, there are still some positive things we can do.
To manage our 12 worst global crises will require nothing less than radical global changes to our current lifestyles and livelihoods. And, at the same time, we also will have to vigorously prepare for and adapt to the catastrophic consequences we can no longer prevent, our Plan B.
We have to continue working for the best while still being honest with ourselves. We also have to prepare for the worst!
To learn more about the radical changes in our livelihoods and lifestyles needed to survive and thrive through the coming consequences and post-collapse era, click here first and read about the principles of sustainable prosperity. Then click the following links to see Plan B of the Job One for Humanity Plan, which will provide detailed emergency preparation and adaptation steps.
Do not mistake us for some survivalist or apocalyptic community concerning our research on the current out-of-control climate change and the other 11 major converging global adaptive challenges facing our collective future.
Our message is simple, proactive, and not a doomer or a fatalistic message:
1. "We are a community of activists who believe in learning from our mistakes, being prepared, and being adaptable is a wise evolutionary strategy.
2. We, as humans, are intelligent and adaptive beings, and we can solve or adapt to almost anything.
3. Thus far, life on Earth has always found a way to learn, adapt, and survive. Life has survived five previous mass extinctions in the last 4.5 billion years of Earth's evolution. (See this page for more on life's evolutionary success.)
4. The future is unknown and full of unpredictable negative and positive wild cards. There is still hope for some part of humanity and our civilization to survive if we quickly execute responsible, intelligent, and effective adaptive actions that will resolve our most pressing global challenges using a "first things first" strategy.
5. When we or future generations get through our current 12 major global challenges, we will have built something new together that is far better adapted and suitable for achieving a positive and sustainable future for ALL. Click here to see those many beneficial possibilities!
6. Overcoming this emergency will help us better solve our challenges as one effective and united human family. This experience will also teach us and help us live the Universe Principles of progressive evolution and sustainable prosperity.
7. Despite the rough and chaotic road ahead, we can still fully enjoy each day (as best as we can, despite the worsening of these 12 global challenges.)
8. Working together in new sustainable eco-communities (like discussed in our new Universe Spirit Eco-community model,) we can make our lives as happy and as good as possible during this temporary evolutionary retrogression and transition period. And finally,
9. We are NOT your typical or traditional monolithic survivalists or end of the world preppers, doomers, or avid supporters of the growing "near term human extinction" or post-doom movements. If you want to call us by some new name, call us post-collapse survive and thrivers. This name reflects our focus on doing all needed to get through this evolutionary transition to thrive in the post-collapse future.
As Michael Dowd, the evolutionary teacher likes to say, "what really matters is coming back into the right relationship with reality." Because humanity has repeatedly failed to effectively resolve the escalating global warming emergency as well as our other 11 deteriorating global challenges, we are forced by their unthinkable and unbearable consequences to come back into the right relationship to reality and each other, or we will eventually perish.
The power of reality is the force motivating us to evolve and it is truly great news!
Have no doubt about it, humanity has reached a monumental evolutionary juncture and, we are running out of time to prevent the eventual complete extinction of humanity. Only a comprehensive mass mobilization by our governments can lessen the coming suffering and save the future.
In our organization, we see ourselves as a new evolutionary community of Evolutioneers and Planetary and Universe Citizens that value the historical wisdom of appropriate threat preparedness and living sustainably to model the new world we want to live in. We are not fear manipulated or fear dominated, but we do not ignore data that should trigger positive, protective, and appropriate evolutionary fear reactions.
We will always use the appropriate and positive evolutionary fear warning feedback contained within accurate but survival-negative information to wisely anticipate, prepare, and quickly adapt.
We know that it is better to act and save something than not to act and lose everything!
We are not doomers, post-doomers, or preppers who have given up on the future, are living in hiding or resignation. We are sustainability activists still full of hope that we can:
1. face the true urgency of all of our current global crises, resolve what we can, and adapt to what we can't.
2. create the new community model needed for the new behaviors and systems that will resolve today's biggest global problems and become a global basis of a better world for ALL.
Yes, we also are preparing new sustainable communities in advance for this human-created crisis and this temporary, and transitional "evolutionary bottleneck and retrogression." We are doing this solely because the current facts clearly shout that many of our global systems are in a severe challenge or are nearing critical tipping points with no or low remaining recovery resilience.
To the discerning evaluator and researcher, both human history and the current worsening 12 global challenges indicate that our lives will continue to get worse with little realistic hope of correction until the chain reaction of cascading multiple global catastrophes and crossed tipping points shake us awake to the need for drastic evolutionary change toward more sustainable livelihoods and lifestyles.
We hold that the main unrecognized threats for today and the future are that:
1. other than nuclear war, the main accelerator and driver of humanity's total extinction is now global warming.
2. the world still does not realize that when the climate system goes over its extinction-triggering tipping points, there is nothing you can do to stop the physics and mathematics of the consequences of those tipping points from manifesting their deadly consequences. (How soon we will cross the extinction-triggering global warming tipping points are described here.)
Once you realize the hard reality of where we are...
It is also critical to keep our dangerous global threats in an appropriate time perspective to avoid counter-productive panic. Depending on your current location, you should still have enough time to prepare for and adapt to the myriad of now unavoidable global warming consequences. It is wholly appropriate to feel fear at this dangerous juncture in the evolution of humanity because of the many known consequences of accelerating global warming and the worsening of these 11 additional global crises.
While generalized fear or panic often paralyzes, there are positive evolutionary reasons for why the emotion of fear exists. The positive use of fear exists for when there are REAL threats to your survival. Positive fear mobilizes the observant and wise to act before it is too late!
To support the positive and wise use of fear relating to global warming and other consequences (from these 11 other global crises,) here are the critical deadlines to remember:
Special Note: Up until 8.18.2022, we provided all critical timelines for preparing for the consequences of runaway global warming in one place as part of the thousands of pages of free climate information we provide. After 8.18.2022, we have moved these critical runaway global heating timeframes to the members-only section of our website.
We were forced to do this to ensure that our self-funding, non-profit climate think tank has adequate income to continue doing unbiased, unpoliticized, and accurate climate analyses and predictions. We encourage you to become an annual member to access these critical timelines and other valuable materials.
For a tax-deductible $9.00 annual member donation, you will also receive a $50 value of five climate-related ebooks and more. This link will take you to a description of all five climate-related ebooks and all other membership access information.
We sincerely hope you will understand the reason for this necessary change. Your annual membership donation will keep us online to continue speaking painful climate truth to power.
After viewing the deadline information as a member, the good timeline news here is simple. If we at least, get close to the 2025 global fossil fuel reduction targets, we can still prevent total human extinction. If we do not, we begin crossing too many additional extinction-triggering tipping points far too fast to prevent the worst consequences of runaway global warming multiplying the worsening effects of the other 11 major global crises.
We believe that it is important not to hide these reasonable and rational facts and high probabilities.
We believe there is a real urgency to get prepared for what is soon unavoidable.
We are not detached, survivalists. We are engaged sustainability advocates, Evolutioneers, and Planetary Citizens.
We can make it through this great evolutionary transition period, capture the once-in-a-generation opportunity from the collective catharsis of the pandemic catastrophe, and then use that energy to make long-overdue and critically needed improvements to our social systems!
We can re-build our social systems based upon sustainable and limited growth for all vs. the cancer-like concepts of uncontrolled growth or unlimited growth for the few.
We believe in whole-heartedly working for the best possible future while at the same time wisely being prepared for the worst possible temporary human transition period.
We fully prepare for the worst and then "forget" about those preparations while focusing and wholeheartedly working for the best!
We hold that actively saving all we can is far better than inactively saving nothing.
We hold that some of us will prepare, adapt, survive and thrive once again if we act wisely. We should not give up the small amount of rational, appropriate hope that remains. The history of life evolving on Earth strongly supports the premise that some of us will survive. (See this page with the big picture view of evolution on Earth.)
We envision that the establishment of new sustainable communities around the world will play an essential role in securing the long-term survival of humanity and establishing the new sustainable prosperity vision for the post widespread collapse world.
We will deal with our 12 global challenges by using only peaceful and evolutionary means.
We can still find daily enjoyment and joy in our relationships and life experiences no matter how bad it gets.
We can together create a long-term future for humanity and our civilization. And, if we are wise and work together, someday we or our children will successfully evolve both here on Earth and eventually out into the stars.
The main goals of our non-profit organization are to:
a. get more people adapting to and ready for the many now unavoidable and severe, accelerating global warming consequences, particularly global warming's secondary economic, ecological, and political consequences,
while we also,
b. find some way to compel world governments to use and enforce the correct human extinction-preventing 2025 global fossil fuel reduction targets.
And finally, even if the accelerating global warming emergency and the convergence of it with humanity's 11 other key global challenges were somehow resolved in the next 30 to 50 years or turned out to be not as bad as currently is predicted by our best scientists, the new sustainable communities which we are co-creating would function even better and more joyously on their other main goals of helping to co-create the necessary restructuring and re-alignment of society to create:
a,) a sustainable prosperity for ALL of humanity,
b.) a just and equitable civilization,
c.) thriving and meaning-filled individuals and communities --- all of which align with and forward the progressive evolution of life in the universe.
For the last 11 years, our organization has been working on that plan called the Job One for Humanity Plan. It is called that because that is exactly what it is; humanity's job number one to survive and thrive.
The good news is that if we want to survive and lessen the coming suffering, we need to execute this plan NOW.
For additional support and evaluation
We can still maintain the perseverance needed to succeed in this monumental task by regularly reviewing the many benefits which will occur as we work successfully on this project together. Although we are now in what could be called a Great Global Collapse process triggered by accelerating global warming, this collapse process will eventually offer equal to (or even greater than) long-term benefits in the form of a potential Great Rebirth beyond the coming suffering and loss.
First on this page (that has been read almost 2 million times,) and then this other critical global warming benefit page, you will find the many often hidden surprise benefits of the global warming challenge. You also will find a framework and the possibilities for what could be called a post-collapse Great Rebirth, no matter how bad the collapse process gets.
1. Please use the 40 plus warning signs found on this page to monitor the worsening of our 12 major global crises. Print them out. Watch for the news to see them unfold one by one until we take full responsibility for the mess we have created by our individual and collective bad decisions.
2. If you need help processing the facts on this page emotionally, we have two pages to get you through the typical reactions of anger, grief, denial, sadness, etc. The first page covers the challenging emotional process that most people will go through after realizing that we are providing an accurate, big picture view of their future risks and probabilities.
Click here to see a useful profile of our members and the audience of visitors who will most benefit from our website.