We have had to cancel this event. At this point, we, unfortunately, do not have enough people RSVPed to do the Sausalito Lighted Boat parade and fireworks on Saturday, Dec 14 and have to cancel it
About the December 7th Crusie event:
Treat yourself to a very special holiday cruise event, support a great cause and get a year-end tax-deduction!
Join us on the Universe Spirit yacht (at page bottom) for this year's catered Lighted Boat Parade in San Rafael on Dec 7, help a worthy non-profit cause and get a tax deduction. It is a full-on celebration that will bring back your best memories of the holidays!
After a sunset cruise and catered feast, you ride in the parade on the yacht below viewing the thousands of people on the banks of the San Rafael canal are waving and singing. We most likely will have caroling on the bow of the yacht when we are closest to shore like we do in the San Rafael parade.
It is a holiday one-of-a-kind and truly memorable experience!
We have a licensed captain and experienced crew to keep us safe and the yacht is fully stabilized. The SF bay is generally calm and with our stabilizers no-one should get sea sick.
Save 15% for an early RSVPs and you can bring the friends with whom you want to share this extraordinary Holiday event.
If you RSVP from Nov 13 -Nov 30, the tax-deductible donation is $100 per person.
If you RSVP from December 1st to December 14 th, the tax-deductible donation is $115 per person.
Your celebration RSVP will be confirmed by email after your tax-deductible donation is completed. Updates will be sent to you automatically.
RSVP quickly if it helps us plan early-on for our catering needs. This is the other essential annual holiday celebration and Job One for Humanity tax-deductible fundraiser to keep this needed non-profit organization solvent and on-mission in 2020.
About the Lighted Boat Parade portion of the celebration
It is time for one of the largest Holiday Lighted Boat Parades. This year we are also planning to do the 32nd annual Sausalito Lighted Boat Parade and event for Job One for Humanity nonprofit organization on the Universe Spirit yacht shown above. Most years this decorated yacht takes 1st, 2nd or 3 place for best decorated in the San Rafael Lighted Boat parade event. You can see the exterior of the yacht above, but the interior holiday decorations are even nicer. You really get the holiday good feeling and joy when you come aboard.
Anyone who has ever joined us for our past cruises and holiday celebrations knows this is a very unique, sunset cruise fireworks and funtastic event. (For photos and link to see what the traditional Sausalito Lighted Boat Parade is like click here for their official facebook page. Also Google "Sausalito Lighted Boat parade photos.")
This year the 32nd annual Sausalito lighted boat parade will be on Saturday, December 14th.
- There is a limited number of people (about 50) who can fit on the Universe Spirit yacht berthed in Loch Lomond Marina in San Rafael California (as shown above in last year's parade,) and we always are full. So RSVP soon if you are going!
- The event will be a catered holiday feast of healthy foods. We are going to have someone like Whole Foods or Andy's provide most of the foods. We will be serving wine and beer, but you can bring other beverages if you like. If you have special dietary needs, gluten-free, vegetarian etc., you can let us know those needs after you complete your RSVP. That way we can let the caterers know in time.
- Each event will start with everyone being on board at 3:30 pm on Saturday for a sunset cruise which will leave the dock at about 4 pm sharp! The sunset cruise portion of the event will last until about 5:30. At that point, we will join inline for the parade with the scores of other holiday lighted boats and cruise in the parade until about 7-7:30 pm.
- Children over 9 can join us, but they need to wear a life jacket at all times on the cruise, and a parent must be overseeing them and responsible for them at all times.
- We cruise back and dock at about 8 or 8:30 pm. Once on the dock you can stay and socialize with others about global warming issues in a Q&A with the author of Climageddon The Global Warming Emergency for another hour or so. (Click here to learn more about the Climageddon book or go here to read the dozens of four and five-star reviews at Amazon.)
- The event is almost all holiday fun and socializing except for about 10 minutes when we return to dock at about 8:00 pm ish where we remind everyone that this is the main fundraiser for 2020 for Job One for Humanity.)
- We always cruise at very slow speeds to minimize fuel usage and fossil fuel pollution!
- The yacht is stabilized and in the bay which is generally calm with few waves, no one should get sea sick.
Additional celebration parking, security gate access, and address information will be emailed to you after you RSVP.
These holiday celebrations have always been nothing but great fun events and we hope to see you!
Volunteers need to put in at least 4 hrs to attend free. If you want to volunteer, let us know soon by emailing [email protected] . Volunteer spaces go fast!
The Universe Spirit Yacht All Decked Out for the Lighted Boat Parade.
You can view the parade from the bow, flybridge or from the inside.
All guests will also receive 2 surprise holiday gifts from Job One for Humanity, an extra $15 value!