Charles Shore commented on Contact 2018-04-08 13:01:06 -07004/8/2108
Thank you so much for your highly elucidating work, Climageddon. You have certainly mastered the art of explaining complex scientific principles in basic English. I was particularly enlightened by your discussion of the cascading nature of tipping points, and am encouraged by the idea of targeting key players who would most effectively convey the message.
However, I did have some concerns about several points. I hope that you will consider these issues in the spirit of constructive criticisms.
1) In general, the book is too lengthy and repetitious. I believe that a condensed version, without features such as the Chapter Overviews, would have greater impact.
2) Your statements regarding IPCC underestimations, on pages 188-189, are somewhat misleading. For example, in IPCC Scenario 2, the Agency indicates that the 3⁰ rise will occur by 2100. You further state that “At the 40% underestimation level, we will reach 4.2⁰ Celsius (7.5⁰ Fahrenheit) about 34 years sooner than they predict – at about 2066”. Yet you’re comparing the IPCC’s 3⁰ rise with your 4.2⁰ rise. Under your scenario, the time to reach a 3⁰ rise would be much sooner (based on a rough interpolation, I estimate that the 3⁰ scenario would play out around 2045).
3) You make no mention of effects of population changes on your scenario. Are you assuming that the global population will continue to grow exponentially, reaching 10 billion around 2050? This assumption may not hold if massive numbers of climate-induced deaths occur. Under that scenario, the climate problem may become somewhat alleviated, as fewer individuals are emitting heat energy.
4) Although you provide a comprehensive list of actionable items (Part 2, Chapter 3), I saw little discussion of how to successfully complete some of those actions. For example, I found no details on how to electrify our transportation system in 10 years. This complex project, which would require a confluence of engineering, political, and economic skills, is essential in fighting destabilization. Perhaps you thought that these types of implementation details are beyond the scope of the current work.
I am a retired toxicologist, environmental scientist, and GIS Analyst who, since retirement, has been actively involved with several climate groups. I’ve found your approach to be the best fit for me, and am eager to get started. Is the Project Manager position still available? If so, please send me some further information on it, and I’ll be glad to provide detailed credentials.
Charles O. Shore, MS
Charles Shore signed Petition To Demand An Immediate Emergency Meeting Of World Leaders For Action On the Escalating Global Warming Emergency 2018-03-14 15:04:01 -0700
Petition To Demand An Immediate Emergency Meeting Of World Leaders For Action On the Escalating Global Warming Emergency57 signatures
Please read and then sign the petition form below and forward this linked petition to everyone you know, particularly other sustainability or global warming (aka climate change,) organizations.
With one click you can both sign the petition and, if you use the share button, it will be electronically sent to your friends as well as people in power who are responsible for addressing the global warming emergency. If any of your friends need to be informed about why this emergency meeting needs to be called, you can refer them to the global warming educational materials on the Job One For Humanity website.
We, the citizens of our nation and of our Earth, are endowed with certain rights, powers, and obligations, which demand we act both individually and collectively to protect and preserve the ongoing evolution of life on Earth, including our future generations.
Based upon a preponderance of scientific evidence, we recognize our global climate is rapidly warming and becoming increasingly unstable due to human-caused carbon pollution from the burning of fossil fuels. If we do not change course before global warming tipping points are crossed, this destabilization of our climate will continue to cause ever-increasing suffering and potentially irreversible devastation for both current and future generations. If left unresolved, it could cause the extinction, or near extinction, of the human species.
We further recognize that rapidly escalating global warming emergency and its consequent climate destabilization is the greatest current active threat to the security of all nations, comparable in the scope of impact to global nuclear war. Escalating average global temperature rises will lead to destabilization affecting first millions, then billions of people forced to deal with ongoing climate catastrophes, food and other resource depletion, and mass migrations.
Nearly all of the major problems our world faces today worsen and multiply due to escalating global warming. All of the ecological, economic, and political problems listed below will cross-intensify and therefore worsen as average global temperatures rise.
- Food and resource depletion
- Severe droughts, floods, and wildfires
- Rising sea levels
- Water pollution and water table loss
- Desertification and deforestation
- Ocean fish stock depletion
- Growing economic inequity, poverty, and instability
- Political instability and injustice
- War and regional conflicts
- Increasing potential of pandemics and other health crises
Despite 30 years of education, study, and discussion about the possible irreversible effects of human-caused carbon and methane pollution of our atmosphere, global warming temperatures have escalated to levels that may have already passed or be close to passing global warming tipping point with impacts that are irreversible. We must immediately reverse the continued rise of average global temperature by decreasing the human-caused production of greenhouse gases from the burning of fossil fuels. Failure to resolve global warming for ourselves and future generations is simply not a survivable option.
The purposes of this emergency meeting of world leaders is as follows:
Publicly declare that the national and international criteria for planning and implementing new laws to resolve the global warming emergency are to do only what is essential and effective in the properly prioritized sequence to keep us from crossing any critical global warming tipping points.
- Demand new, verifiable, and enforceable national and international laws that will effectively and quickly achieve the global warming reduction needed to avoid tipping points. These new laws must immediately:
- create a revenue neutral, Fee and Dividend-based global warming reduction program.
- remove all government subsidies from fossil fuel energy generation.
- incentivize divestment from the fossil fuel energy generation industry.
- tax all fossil fuel profits at significantly higher rates.
- mandate that the fossil fuel corporations pay for all past and current environmental damage.
- mandate using Fee and Dividend revenue or other global warming-related revenues to provide generous government subsidies and incentives for expanding green energy generation and use.
- mandate using Fee and Dividend revenue or other global warming-related revenues to fund employee job retraining, as well as a business and nation recovery fund to assist all individuals, businesses, and nations that will suffer significant financial losses because of the rapidly falling use of fossil fuels.
- mandate using Fee and Dividend revenue or other global warming-related revenues to fund a global education and public relations campaign on why the public will have to comply with many new and difficult global warming reduction laws soon to be enforced by our governments.
- mandate using Fee and Dividend revenue or other global warming-related revenues to increase natural and technological carbon sequestration.
- authorize the International Monetary Fund, The World Bank, and other national and international bank transaction clearinghouses to impose and collect global warming law violation penalty fees.
- mandate the creation of a separate global warming emergency recovery reserve fund equal to 5% of national GDP.
- fund research into new, appropriate technologies that may become our last hope and backup plan to remove toxic carbon and methane pollution from the atmosphere before we go over the climate cliff.
- call for the immediate creation of a more accurate and complete global warming risk analysis, as well as mandating annual global warming risk analysis updates to be done by the respective intelligence agencies of each nation.
As global citizens of every nation on Earth, we ask you, our national leaders, to immediately convene with all other national leaders from every country to pass effective, verifiable, and enforceable new laws to resolve the escalating global warming emergency before it is too late, and to sustainably protect, preserve, and advance the continued evolution of humanity and life on Earth.
Sign the Petition to Declare a Global Warming State of Emergency and Help Prevent Mass Human, Animal and Biological Extinction within Our Lifetimes
We, the citizens of our nation and of our Earth, are endowed with certain rights, powers, and obligations, which demand we act to preserve and protect the future of humanity as well as Earth's other animal and biological life.
Based on abundant scientific evidence, we recognize that our global climate is rapidly warming and becoming increasingly unstable due to human-caused atmospheric carbon pollution primarily at this time from the burning of fossil fuels.
We also recognize that in spite of 35 years of credible scientific warnings, global warming is still rising and is now at dangerous levels!
We have already seen global warming-aggravated weather, like record-breaking floods, hurricanes, and wildfires. We have witnessed the "worst in centuries" droughts and dust storms. We have experienced alternating unseasonably cold then warm winters, extreme storms, bomb cyclones and rain bombs where weeks or months worth of rain falls in a few hours or a few days.
With our own eyes, we see that something very abnormal is happening to the previous stability of our normal weather and seasonal patterns. We have also noticed that global warming connected consequences (like those just mentioned,) are becoming more frequent, more severe and are affecting larger and larger areas!
We recognize that if we do not immediately and radically reduce our global fossil fuel burning behaviors before additional global warming tipping points are crossed, the destabilization of our global climate will continue at even faster rates causing among other things, unprecedented crop failures and unthinkable mass starvation.
Our brightest climate scientists have determined that if we do not meet or come very close too the 2025 global fossil fuel reduction targets (found here,) we will face a massive extinction event where as much as 70-90% of humanity will die in as little as the next 30-50 years. Unsurprisingly, escalating global warming will not only affect humanity's survival possibilities. It also presents an equally grave and ever-increasing extinction threat to animal and other biological species as well.
Rising global warming have already become the 21st century's single greatest disruptor of economic, political, social and biological stability. It will also act to amplify our other largest global problems.
No one is ultimately safe from this global warming extinction emergency. Global warming consequences are already affecting millions in many areas of the world. Many individuals and businesses are already being forced to deal with escalating catastrophes, food and resource depletion, and the mass migration of desperate climagees (climate migrants.) In the not too distant future, global warming catastrophes will be affecting hundreds of millions then billions of individuals everywhere on Earth!
We now face a world in which rising global warming can cause mass human extinction and create increasing social, economic and political chaos, not sometime near 2100, but as soon as the next 3-5 decades.
Worse yet, as our average global temperatures continue to rise, the world's six other major social, economic and political problems (see * list below) will also worsen, amplify each other and cross-react with each other and the 11 key global warming tipping points (found here.)
Our largest global problems (other than immediate global nuclear war or nuclear biological or biological terrorism) are:
- Conventional war and regional conflicts*
- Food and resource depletion*
- Political instability and injustice*
- Growing economic inequity, poverty, and instability*
- Water pollution, water table loss, and other pollution*
- Increasing droughts, floods, and wildfires
- Increasing desertification and deforestation
- Loss of biodiversity
- Ocean fish stock depletion
- Rising sea levels
- Increasing potential for pandemics and other global health crises
Rising global warming can further increase the severity, frequency, and scale (size) of the above other largest global problems we all now face, making them even harder to resolve!
Despite 35 years of scientific reports as well as 21 International conferences about the near-certain extinction effects of the carbon (and methane,) pollution of our atmosphere, global warming temperatures have both continued to rise and have accelerated to levels that have passed dangerous tipping points.
There is true urgency to this global warming extinction emergency!
Our average global temperature and atmospheric carbon levels are far too close to crossing the near-extinction and final extinction tipping points.
If we fail to make or get very close to the 2025 fossil fuel reduction targets, this extinction emergency becomes a no-win game for everyone, no matter how much money or power they might have and, no matter where they might try to escape to!
Our current global warming extinction emergency can only be resolved by immediately reducing the human-caused production of carbon and other key greenhouse gases produced directly and indirectly from the global burning of fossil fuels.
At this "it is almost already too little too late" moment in history, the necessary fossil fuel use reductions needed to save us can only be achieved by successfully meeting our last chance 2025 global fossil fuel reduction targets enforced by our governments!
Therefore, as global citizens of every nation on Earth, we demand that our national political leaders act now before it is too late to prevent mass human, animal and biological extinction within our lifetimes!
We demand that they:
1. Meet immediately to formally declare both a national and international Global Warming Extinction Emergency.
2. Pass enforceable and verifiable national and international laws that would successfully achieve the 2025 global fossil fuel reduction targets or, at least get us very close to them. (Even getting close to the 2025 targets allow us to slow down what is coming so we can be better prepared.) And,
3. Call for the immediate mass mobilization of ALL the necessary resources and personnel to execute ALL critical actions required to fully resolve our current global warming extinction emergency. (See Part 3 of the Job One for Humanity Plan for a complete list of all critical government-driven actions needed to save the future.)
By electronically signing this petition (in the box below,) I am personally and officially notifying my national politicians of this demand to immediately meet and take all required actions described in this emergency petition in order to protect, preserve, and advance the continuing evolution of humanity and life on Earth.
Furthermore, realizing that most of the worst global warming consequences will take centuries to thousands of years to repair, which will create an unthinkable nightmare for any surviving future generations, I further pledge to continue to act to help resolve this extinction threat and emergency until it is over.
If you have any hesitation about signing this petition, please see this page which discusses the four extinction-evoking global warming tipping points soon arriving!
Learn more about the story behind this nonprofit organization's mission and why this petition must go worldwide and be presented to politicians all over the world by clicking here.
When you sign the petition, you are also giving the Job One for Humanity Organization permission to send you critical global warming extinction emergency progress updates about once a month.
(If necessary, see this page for additional proof that all of the statements of this petition are true.)3,961 signaturesAdd signature
If you have not already signed up, please do so now below to receive the eBook download email.
If you have already signed up, click the green UDATE INFO button below to receive the eBook download email.
Signup up is free and you can unsubscribe at any time. You will immediately receive an email after signup with the link and the password to open the eBook (this confirms your identity and protects both of us from spam bots). If you do not see the email, check your junk or spam folder, and make sure you have entered the right email.
Published by Job One for Humanity, a social benefit nonprofit organization dedicated to ending global warming.
Please Signup Now!Sign up