Dan Shafer posted about Become a Member/Donor Here on Facebook 2017-05-09 12:38:40 -0700Just made a donation to JobOneForHumanity.org$14,012.33 raisedGOAL: $20,000.00
To make a secure online donation of any amount, please use the fill-in form at the bottom of this page.
We are a 25-year-old, IRS recognized 5013(c) non-profit organization. Guidestar, a leading non-profit organization that evaluates other non-profit organizations for financial and mission transparency has given us their Seal of Financial Transparency.
You can make your $15 annual membership tax-deductible donation (or any other amount,) by using one of the 3 methods linked below.
1. To make a one time secure online donation, please use the fill-in form at the bottom of this page.
2. To renew your annual $15 annual membership also use the one time secure donation form at the bottom of the page.
3. To make a secure online automatic monthly donation, click here.
4. To make a secure donation by mail, make your check payable to:
1650 S. Casino Dr.
Laughlin, Nevada 89029
You will always receive an electronic or mailed donation receipt.The name "F.A.C.T.net Inc." will show on the PayPal payment screen if you are using Pay Pal online or on the electronic record of your donation to Job One for Humanity. Use this receipt for tax deduction purposes. Job One for Humanity is a DBA and subsidiary of Factnet Inc., which since 1993 has been a recognized 501(c)(3) IRS nonprofit social benefit organization.
Our 2020 membership drive special incentive!
You get all of the member benefits listed below when you become an annual member/donor for just $15 per year!
If you become a new Job One member or renew your membership for as little as $15.00, you will also receive:
1. a free ebook copy of Climageddon "The global warming survival kit" which is an $8.95 value. This ebook is getting great reviews on Amazon and, you can download it in one of the 3 most popular ebook reader formats. While that is a great bonus for becoming a member or renewing at just $15.00 a year, there are other valuable and important reasons why will you want to have access to the members-only section of our website!
2. The members-only regularly updated area of our website will provide critical details on how and when the consequences of the global warming emergency can affect your investments, financial transactions, real estate, and even your individual or business physical survival. Luckily, you will not have to spend tens of thousands of dollars a year (like the ultra-wealthy) to access it.
3. As a member, you will not only be able to know what the ultra-wealthy know about our global warming future, but also what they don't know (unless of course, they are also members of Job One.) We have spent over $100,000 acquiring and doing the necessary research for the information found in the members-only section.
Hedge funds, investment bankers, real estate conglomerates, and ultra-wealthy individuals and corporations all over the world are already spending tens of thousands of dollars each year with global warming risk analysis companies to have access to the kind of information that you will find in our members-only section. Trillions in personal and corporate wealth will either be made or lost because one either understands or does not understand the many unfolding consequences of our rapidly accelerating global warming emergency.
We also feel that everyone should have access to this critical global warming information, not just the ultra-wealthy. That is why we have made this critical information available at a cost we believe everyone can afford (a $15.00 a year website membership. If you cannot afford $15.00 a year write us with the details and you may get a scholarship.)
As a member you will have access to our members-only and nonpublic global warming website information as described below in more detail:
1. critical prediction information on how, when, and where the escalating global warming emergency will affect:
a. local, regional and national real estate values,
b. stock market values, specifically corporations whose stocks and bonds will be most affected as the global warming emergency worsens,
c. commodity prices as regionalized crops and other commodities fail because of increased heat or other global warming consequences, as well as which food prices will rise the fastest etc.,
d. increased political conflict or instability probabilities particularly relating to a nation's regionalized specific global warming consequences.
2. first alerts and early warnings about the coming global warming catastrophes,
3. exclusive global warming emergency preparation and adaptation information for your family, home and business,
4. well-researched global warming family and business migration options for the sparse global warming safer zones (For those of you who live in global warming high-risk areas.)
In addition to the above, your donations provide critical financial support for our non-profit organization's ongoing research and mission and, they help keep many other areas of our website information free to the public.
Why donate and become a member now?
When you donate fifteen dollars (and hopefully more,) to us you become a member for one year and you receive all of the many valuable members-only benefits listed above.
We are an all volunteer organization. There is no paid staff!
Since 1993, we have been a tax-deductible, government-recognized not-for-profit organization and, we run one of the most cost-effective operations among all global warming educational groups.
We have an effective plan and mission-focused on serving the public good and doing everything necessary to slow and prevent a global warming-caused mass extinction event from occurring around the world within the few next decades! What could be more important to support and be a part of?
If you have any doubts about the importance of supporting our life-critical global warming educational mission, we strongly recommend that you click here and watch this 4 Minute Global Warming Video by child activist Greta Thunberg given at the United Nations on September 23, 2019.
Greta's 4-minute video should help you to understand and feel the seriousness of the global warming-caused emergency we now all face and why we must get our politicians to act now.
Notice for All Previous Climageddon Book Purchasers
All Climageddon book purchasers also get free access to the members-only section of our website for 1 year. To get this free 1-year book purchaser's membership, email us at manage@JobOneforHumanity.org and tell us where you bought your Climageddon book and how much you paid. Within 3 business days, we will activate your free one-year book purchaser's membership.
Dan Shafer commented on THERE’S ANOTHER STORY TO TELL ABOUT CLIMATE CHANGE. AND IT STARTS WITH WATER... 2017-04-04 14:45:53 -0700This is yet further evidence of the need for the Climageddon book. Accounting for the deep interconnections and the Unbelievable depth of the very nature of global warming, this new book will force us to take a closer look at the real issues and at the monumental size of the problem.
Dan Shafer commented on CLIMATE JOURNALISM: THE COVERAGE HEATS UP... 2017-03-24 16:45:06 -0700When the “big boys” begin to pay attention, they can sharpen public focus in ways that are very powerful and accessible only to those with a large platform. I’ve noted this shift at the Times and the Post (and some “secondary” big outlets, too, like MSNBC, the New Orleans Times-Picayune, and the Kansas City Star). It is really encouraging for those of us on the extended front lines of this battle to see our cause discussed intelligently and in depth by these major outlets. I hope everyone who reads this article and your post will write the Times and the Post and applaud and encourage their work. They are part of the solution.
Dan Shafer published Two More Possible Assists from Tech in Cockeyed Optimist Blog 2017-03-24 13:29:54 -0700
While it is clearly true that no single solution to global warming is likely to solve the problem without implementing the Job One for Humanity Plan, it's also true that technological innovation may be able to buy us more time or smooth the path to this crisis being resolved by removing some obstacles along the path.
I ran across two stories in my news read this morning that I thought I would share with you.Read more
Dan Shafer published Carrying Water to the Buffalo in Cockeyed Optimist Blog 2017-02-27 21:12:54 -0800
The impending climate catastrophe is overwhelming. It doesn’t just seem that way; it really is. No single effort by any individual, group or company (or government) will be enough in itself to stave off the devastating effects of global warming. The problem is just too big, too far along in its cycles, and too global in scope.
That does not, however, mean that we should simply give up taking individual action where we see it being a potential help, however slight.
Dan Shafer commented on MEET YOUR COCKEYED OPTIMIST 2017-02-13 10:31:47 -0800Thanks, David! Happy to be Yanging around this place.
Dan Shafer commented on DONALD TRUMP SEES THE FUTURE IN COAL. CHINA SEES THE FUTURE IN RENEWABLES. WHO’S MAKING THE SAFER BET? 2017-01-22 22:28:58 -0800This is exemplary of what I’ve been telling my friends ever since the election: the Trump Administration’s backing off on global warming provides an opening and an opportunity for other nations to step to the front and take the leadership role in the most important fight of the next 20 years. While that doesn’t seem very “America First,” at least it raises world consciousness of the global nature of the problem.
Sign the Petition to Declare a Global Warming State of Emergency and Help Prevent a Mass Human, Animal and Ecological Extinction Process within Our Lifetimes
We, the citizens of our nation and of our Earth, are endowed with certain rights, powers, and obligations, which demand we act to preserve and protect the future of humanity as well as Earth's other animal and biological life.
Based on abundant scientific evidence, we recognize that our global climate is rapidly warming and becoming increasingly unstable due to human-caused atmospheric carbon pollution primarily at this time from the burning of fossil fuels.
We also recognize that in spite of 35 years of credible scientific warnings, global warming is still rising and is now at dangerous levels!
We have already seen global warming-aggravated weather, like record-breaking floods, hurricanes, and wildfires. We have witnessed the "worst in centuries" droughts and dust storms. We have experienced alternating unseasonably cold then warm winters, extreme storms, bomb cyclones, and rain bombs where weeks or months' worth of rain falls in a few hours or a few days.
With our own eyes, we see that something very abnormal is happening to the previous stability of our normal weather and seasonal patterns. We have also noticed that global warming connected consequences (like those just mentioned,) are becoming more frequent, more severe, and are affecting larger and larger areas!
We recognize that if we do not immediately and radically reduce our global fossil fuel burning behaviors before additional global warming tipping points are crossed, the destabilization of our global climate will continue at even faster rates causing among other things, unprecedented crop failures and unthinkable mass starvation.
Our brightest climate scientists have determined that if we do not meet or come very close to the 2025 global fossil fuel reduction targets (found here,) we will face a massive extinction event where as much as 70-90% of humanity will die in as little as the next 30-50 years. Unsurprisingly, escalating global warming will not only affect humanity's survival possibilities. It also presents an equally grave and ever-increasing extinction threat to animals and other biological species as well.
Rising global warming has already become the 21st century's single greatest disruptor of economic, political, social, and biological stability. It will also act to amplify our other largest global problems.
No one is ultimately safe from this global warming extinction emergency. Global warming consequences are already affecting millions in many areas of the world. Many individuals and businesses are already being forced to deal with escalating catastrophes, food and resource depletion, and the mass migration of desperate climagees (climate migrants.) In the not too distant future, global warming catastrophes will be affecting hundreds of millions then billions of individuals everywhere on Earth!
We now face a world in which rising global warming can cause mass human extinction and create increasing social, economic, and political chaos, not sometime near 2100, but as soon as the next 3-5 decades.
Worse yet, as our average global temperatures continue to rise, the world's other major and critical social, economic and political challenges (see * list below) will also worsen, amplify each other and cross-react with each other and the 11 critical global warming tipping points (found here.)
Our largest global challenges (other than the global warming consequences and immediate global nuclear war or nuclear or biological terrorism) that will both interact with each other and likely continue to worsen as global warming gets worse are:
1. global economic instabilities are leading to reoccurring national and global recessions or depressions. (These are fueled by existing economic weaknesses, lack of financial reserves and resilience, and unexpected major unexpected shocks or events (like COVID-19,) hitting the global markets and financial systems.
2. an ever-rising over-population (Earth has the carrying capacity for about 1 1/2 - 2 billion people. (Please click this carrying capacity link to understand why this overpopulation challenge is so big and bad.) Currently, we are near 8 billion people adding about 130 million additional people each year racing to 9.4 billion by or before 2050.
Over the next 30 years, our population is projected to rise as high as 10-13 billion. One could also ultimately say that overpopulation and its inherent over-consumption beyond our carrying capacity is the major cause behind today's global warming emergency and most of the world's other critical global challenges.
3. rising global resource depletion; caused by overpopulation, toxic pollution of water, lands, and air, crop failures, overfishing, topsoil loss, resource distribution injustice, and the massive overconsumption and waste of finite resources. Global resource depletion will significantly increase food shortages and soaring food prices leading to more starvation and mass migrations. If you do not believe that massive resource depletion and overshoot is a huge soon-arriving problem? Watch this fantastic overshoot video with great graphics and global resource depletion amounts and time frames in simple illustrations by Hugh Montgomery, a noted English professor. (We strongly recommend you watch this video for all of the food and non-food resources that are in accelerating depletion peril. [Forward the video to the 10 minutes and 30-second mark to begin watching Hugh Montgomery's compelling graphic presentation.])
4. escalating pollution of all kinds; ongoing and accelerating pollution kills crops, fish stocks, and poisons our air creating and accelerating all types of global health, social, and economic problems.
5. loss of biodiversity, (due to ongoing and accelerating loss of natural habitat due to overpopulation, global warming, pollution, etc.)
6. growing economic inequality, injustice, and poverty. (This also will significantly increase food shortages and soaring food prices leading to more starvation and migrations. Today less than 1% of the world's population owns more than 50% of all wealth. Over for the last several decades, this ownership percentage continues to grow continually in favor of the wealthy.)
7. escalating regional and international terrorism, conflicts, and war. These conflicts are caused by global warming, and most of the other global challenges listed here getting worse. While COVID-19 has temporarily slowed global conflicts, expect these conflicts to increase in intensity, frequency, and scale once COVID-19 is brought under control. The world then still faces all of the other nonglobal warming challenges on this page getting worse and being mostly unresolved.
8. Escalating mass migrations. Global warming, political and economic instability, increasing terrorism, conflicts, and war plus many of these other listed global challenges will both create and expand sudden, massive migrations of millions, then billions of people. Before 2030 the world will see hundreds of millions of climagees.
9. a rising new COVID-19 like pandemic probability reoccurring every decade along with other disease epidemics (due to the melting of the permafrost, loss of natural animal habitat, eating more wild animals, overcrowding, less resilient health systems, the other challenges and consequences listed on this page, like mass migrations,)
10. political instability and collapse, fueled by existing internal and external conflicts, deficits, and the failed global challenges listed on this page. Poorly managed nations with weak economies will fall first. In 2020 we already see many countries on the verge of economic or political collapse.
11. Failing to evolve effective global governance with the needed legislative, judicial, and enforceable executive powers to solve the global challenges that cross national borders. If you think about it carefully, you will discover that the critical evolutionary failure of having no truly effective global governance IS the single biggest reason and core structural cause for why most of our other global challenges have not been resolved or continue to exist. The evolutionary absence of valid global governance alone acts to facilitate, escalate, and enable almost all of the other global challenges that we currently face.
And finally, never forget that rising global warming can further increase the severity, frequency, and scale (size) of the above other global challenges we all now face, making them even harder to resolve!
Despite 35 years of scientific reports as well as 21 International conferences about the near-certain extinction effects of the carbon (and methane,) pollution of our atmosphere, global warming temperatures have both continued to rise and have accelerated to levels that have passed dangerous tipping points.
There is true urgency to this global warming extinction emergency!
Our average global temperature and atmospheric carbon levels are far too close to crossing the near-extinction tipping points.
If we fail to make or get very close to the 2025 fossil fuel reduction targets, this extinction emergency becomes a no-win game for everyone, no matter how much money or power they might have and, no matter where they might try to escape to!
Our current global warming extinction emergency can only be resolved by immediately reducing the human-caused production of carbon and other key greenhouse gases produced directly and indirectly from the global burning of fossil fuels.
At this "it is almost already too little too late" moment in history, the necessary fossil fuel use reductions needed to save us can only be achieved by successfully meeting our last chance 2025 global fossil fuel reduction targets enforced by our governments!
Please also keep in mind that our government leaders have utterly failed to see the coming pain and suffering of the COVID-19 pandemic, nor did they adequately prepare for it.
Once again, our government leaders are also not seeing or adequately preparing for the global warming extinction emergency, which is already happening and, will be far, far worse than the COVID-19 global pandemic!
Therefore, as global citizens of every nation on Earth, we demand that our national political leaders act now before it is too late to prevent mass human, animal, and biological extinction within our lifetimes and untold suffering!
We demand that our government leaders:
1. Meet immediately to formally declare both a national and international Global Warming Extinction Emergency.
2. Pass enforceable and verifiable national and international laws that would successfully achieve the 2025 global fossil fuel reduction targets or, at least get us very close to them. (Even getting close to the 2025 targets allow us to slow down what is coming so we can be better prepared.) And,
3. Call for the immediate mass mobilization of ALL the necessary resources and personnel to execute ALL critical actions required to fully resolve our current global warming extinction emergency. (See Part 3 of the Job One for Humanity Plan for a complete list of all critical government-driven actions needed to save the future.)
By electronically signing this petition (in the box below,) I am personally and officially notifying my national politicians of this demand to immediately meet and take all required actions described in this emergency petition in order to protect, preserve, and advance the continuing evolution of humanity and life on Earth.
Furthermore, realizing that most of the worst global warming consequences will take centuries to thousands of years to repair, which will create an unthinkable nightmare for any surviving future generations, I further pledge to continue to act to help resolve this extinction threat and emergency until it is over.
If you have any hesitation about signing this petition, please see this page which discusses the four extinction-evoking global warming tipping points soon arriving!
Learn more about the story behind this nonprofit organization's mission and why this petition must go worldwide and be presented to politicians all over the world by clicking here.
When you sign the petition, you are also giving the Job One for Humanity Organization permission to send you critical global warming extinction emergency progress updates about once a month.
(If necessary, see this page for additional proof that all of the statements of this petition are true.)4,076 signaturesAdd signature