John J Sarter wants to volunteer 2016-11-25 22:42:33 -0800
Thanks for volunteering!
Ready to play a bigger role? Please see our volunteer page to see ways you can make a bigger contribution to end global warming.
If you have any doubts about volunteering to help spread our life-critical message and mission, we strongly recommend that you click here and watch this 4 Minute Global Warming Video by Greta Thunberg given at the United Nations on September 23, 2019. It should help you to quickly understand and feel the seriousness of the global warming-caused mass extinction emergency we now face and why we must work together to get our politicians to act now.Become a volunteer
John J Sarter posted about Your Personal Global Warming and Climate Chance Action Pledge on Facebook 2016-11-25 22:27:46 -0800Sign the petition: Make a commitment to resolve global warming!
Because I understand the urgency of resolving the global warming and climate change emergency, I make this pledge:
This 3 part pledge will ignite, empower, and mobilize my actions.
I will reduce my greenhouse gas emissions by half or more within 5 years.
I will learn about the global warming emergency and support organizations like Job One for Humanity to spread the word.
I will educate my friends and others about the global warming & climate change emergency to help them to understand its consequences and solutions and ask them to sign this pledge.
I will stay the course until we end the global warming and climate change emergency by helping to pass new global laws and policies so that it never occurs again!
Please sign your pledge now!39 signaturesAdd signature
John J Sarter posted about Stop Saying "climate change" Pledge on Facebook 2016-11-25 22:20:21 -0800Sign the pledge to Stop Saying "climate change." Instead, say...
Words have power. Words can be used to fairly or unfairly frame a discussion to limit and control how the members of that discussion can think about the issues being presented.
This can be done without the members ever knowing that their thinking or options to understand or resolve that issue have been invisibly limited or controlled by outside or invisible forces. Unfortunately, this is precisely what has happened in the framing of today's global warming emergency and discussions.
The fossil fuel industry and its lobbyists have successfully reframed our real global warming extinction emergency. This has dramatically hindered the public's ability to think accurately about this crisis.
They have invisibly reframed the global warming emergency by getting governments, worldwide media, and even many unwitting environmental groups to use or continue to use the innocuous, vague, and relatively calming words "climate change." This is happening in a real crisis when we should be vigorously discussing the real and highly dangerous global warming extinction emergency.
Propaganda in part often redefines or confuses the ordinary meaning of words and concepts to control the target of the propaganda's ability to think or hold specific "undesirable" concepts that the propaganda source does not want to be thought about.
Here is how the fossil fuel industry has successfully redefined the global warming extinction emergency. The fossil fuel industry has redirected the mass public's attention away from the actual real threat and problem, global warming, to something that is not the core threat or problem.
The fossil fuel industry vigorously promotes using the term climate change and not global warming. By doing so, it has turned a scary and real truth that needs to be dealt with on an urgent basis into the nebulous and benign concept that "the climate (weather) is always changing. Exactly the way it has customarily behaved during your whole life."
Because of this intentional misdirection, people feel falsely safe and nothing much is done to deal with the ever-changing processes of our natural climate. Unfortunately, nothing could be farther from the truth!
It's time to do something about this covert theft of our ability to think appropriately about the global warming emergency and its imminent threat to our existence.
I hereby pledge to stop using the term “climate change” in my daily conversations. Instead, I will use, the global warming extinction emergency, the global warming emergency, escalating global warming, out of control global warming or catastrophic climate destabilization to describe the current escalating increase in the Earth’s average global temperature and the ongoing and escalating destruction to our lives and the environment caused by global warming primarily due to our burning of fossil fuels. (It is ok to add the following AKA [also known as] terms [climate change, climate emergency, climate crisis, climate extinction crisis etc.,] after any of those more effective terms. This way your writing gets searched more widely on the Internet because unfortunately, those are the terms now more widely used.
I make this pledge because:
“Climate change” is a misleading term employed by the fossil fuel industry and its advocates to lull the media and the public into a false sense of security. This propaganda is intended to make the global warming extinction emergency seem more benign and non-threatening. It suggests the Earth’s climate is always in a natural state of climatic change, rather than global warming’s direct causation being from human-caused carbon and methane pollution now threatening the survival of humanity within our lifetimes.
Rising global temperatures are the most serious currently active challenge facing humanity, comparable in scope of impact to global nuclear war if such were to occur.
- The idea of “natural” climate change diminishes the real seriousness of our human-caused escalating global warming extinction emergency and it does not directly implicate our increasing use of fossil fuels, and the resultant carbon and methane pollution, as the primary cause.
I pledge that I will contest fossil fuels corporations and climate deniers misframing and falsely defining the real dangers of global warming by calling it climate change! We are facing an imminent global warming extinction threat and emergency that is already causing devastating losses due to drought, sea-level rise, air pollution, and increasingly severe weather.
I choose to stop using the term “climate change.” By my action, I now bring more urgency and clarity to climate discussions by speaking the scientifically proven truth that our Earth is truly now experiencing a global warming extinction emergency caused by human actions.
Also, sign the declare a global warming extinction emergency petition for our government leaders by clicking here.
(Please note: Our organization does use the term climate change on our website, but only for the purpose to guide people to our website through the climate change search term. In our conversations, we only use global warming-related terms and when we mention climate change on our website we always first mention it with global warming as such, climate change and global warming.)181 signaturesAdd signature
John J Sarter posted about Declare a Global Warming State of Emergency on Facebook 2016-11-25 22:18:26 -0800Please sign the petition: Declare a Global State of Emergency!
Sign the Petition to Declare a Global Warming State of Emergency and Help Prevent a Human, Animal and Ecological Mass Extinction Process within Our Lifetimes
We, the citizens of our nation and of our Earth, are endowed with certain rights, powers, and obligations, which demand we act to preserve and protect the future of humanity as well as Earth's other animal and biological life.
Based on abundant scientific evidence, we recognize that our global climate is rapidly warming and becoming increasingly unstable due to human-caused atmospheric carbon pollution primarily at this time from the burning of fossil fuels.
We also recognize that in spite of 35 years of credible scientific warnings, global warming is still rising and is now at dangerous levels!
We have already seen global warming-aggravated weather, like record-breaking floods, hurricanes, and wildfires. We have witnessed the "worst in centuries" droughts and dust storms. We have experienced alternating unseasonably cold then warm winters, extreme storms, bomb cyclones, and rain bombs where weeks or months' worth of rain falls in a few hours or a few days.
With our own eyes, we see that something very abnormal is happening to the previous stability of our normal weather and seasonal patterns. We have also noticed that global warming connected consequences (like those just mentioned,) are becoming more frequent, more severe, and are affecting larger and larger areas!
We recognize that if we do not immediately and radically reduce our global fossil fuel burning behaviors before additional global warming tipping points are crossed, the destabilization of our global climate will continue at even faster rates causing among other things, unprecedented crop failures and unthinkable mass starvation.
Our brightest climate scientists have determined that if we do not meet or come very close to the 2025 global fossil fuel reduction targets (found here,) we will face a massive extinction event where as much as 70-90% of humanity will die in as little as the next 30-50 years. Unsurprisingly, escalating global warming will not only affect humanity's survival possibilities. It also presents an equally grave and ever-increasing extinction threat to animals and other biological species as well.
Rising global warming has already become the 21st century's single greatest disruptor of economic, political, social, and biological stability. It will also act to amplify our other largest global problems.
No one is ultimately safe from this global warming extinction emergency. Global warming consequences are already affecting millions in many areas of the world. Many individuals and businesses are already being forced to deal with escalating catastrophes, food and resource depletion, and the mass migration of desperate climagees (climate migrants.) In the not too distant future, global warming catastrophes will be affecting hundreds of millions then billions of individuals everywhere on Earth!
We now face a world in which rising global warming can cause mass human extinction and create increasing social, economic, and political chaos, not sometime near 2100, but as soon as the next 3-5 decades.
Worse yet, as our average global temperatures continue to rise, the world's other major and critical social, economic and political challenges (see * list below) will also worsen, amplify each other and cross-react with each other and the 11 critical global warming tipping points (found here.)
Our largest global challenges (other than the global warming consequences and immediate global nuclear war or nuclear or biological terrorism) that will both interact with each other and likely continue to worsen as global warming gets worse are:
1. global economic instabilities are leading to reoccurring national and global recessions or depressions. (These are fueled by existing economic weaknesses, lack of financial reserves and resilience, and unexpected major unexpected shocks or events (like COVID-19,) hitting the global markets and financial systems.
2. an ever-rising over-population (Earth has the carrying capacity for about 1 1/2 - 2 billion people. (Please click this carrying capacity link to understand why this overpopulation challenge is so big and bad.) Currently, we are near 8 billion people adding about 130 million additional people each year racing to 9.4 billion by or before 2050.
Over the next 30 years, our population is projected to rise as high as 10-13 billion. One could also ultimately say that overpopulation and its inherent over-consumption beyond our carrying capacity is the major cause behind today's global warming emergency and most of the world's other critical global challenges.
3. rising global resource depletion; caused by overpopulation, toxic pollution of water, lands, and air, crop failures, overfishing, topsoil loss, resource distribution injustice, and the massive overconsumption and waste of finite resources. Global resource depletion will significantly increase food shortages and soaring food prices leading to more starvation and mass migrations. If you do not believe that massive resource depletion and overshoot is a huge soon-arriving problem? Watch this fantastic overshoot video with great graphics and global resource depletion amounts and time frames in simple illustrations by Hugh Montgomery, a noted English professor. (We strongly recommend you watch this video for all of the food and non-food resources that are in accelerating depletion peril. [Forward the video to the 10 minutes and 30-second mark to begin watching Hugh Montgomery's compelling graphic presentation.])
4. escalating pollution of all kinds; ongoing and accelerating pollution kills crops, fish stocks, and poisons our air creating and accelerating all types of global health, social, and economic problems.
5. loss of biodiversity, (due to ongoing and accelerating loss of natural habitat due to overpopulation, global warming, pollution, etc.)
6. growing economic inequality, injustice, and poverty. (This also will significantly increase food shortages and soaring food prices leading to more starvation and migrations. Today less than 1% of the world's population owns more than 50% of all wealth. Over for the last several decades, this ownership percentage continues to grow continually in favor of the wealthy.)
7. escalating regional and international terrorism, conflicts, and war. These conflicts are caused by global warming, and most of the other global challenges listed here getting worse. While COVID-19 has temporarily slowed global conflicts, expect these conflicts to increase in intensity, frequency, and scale once COVID-19 is brought under control. The world then still faces all of the other nonglobal warming challenges on this page getting worse and being mostly unresolved.
8. Escalating mass migrations. Global warming, political and economic instability, increasing terrorism, conflicts, and war plus many of these other listed global challenges will both create and expand sudden, massive migrations of millions, then billions of people. Before 2030 the world will see hundreds of millions of climagees.
9. a rising new COVID-19 like pandemic probability reoccurring every decade along with other disease epidemics (due to the melting of the permafrost, loss of natural animal habitat, eating more wild animals, overcrowding, less resilient health systems, the other challenges and consequences listed on this page, like mass migrations,)
10. political instability and collapse, fueled by existing internal and external conflicts, deficits, and the failed global challenges listed on this page. Poorly managed nations with weak economies will fall first. In 2020 we already see many countries on the verge of economic or political collapse.
11. Failing to evolve effective global governance with the needed legislative, judicial, and enforceable executive powers to solve the global challenges that cross national borders. If you think about it carefully, you will discover that the critical evolutionary failure of having no truly effective global governance IS the single biggest reason and core structural cause for why most of our other global challenges have not been resolved or continue to exist. The evolutionary absence of valid global governance alone acts to facilitate, escalate, and enable almost all of the other global challenges that we currently face.
And finally, never forget that rising global warming can further increase the severity, frequency, and scale (size) of the above other global challenges we all now face, making them even harder to resolve!
Despite 35 years of scientific reports as well as 21 International conferences about the near-certain extinction effects of the carbon (and methane,) pollution of our atmosphere, global warming temperatures have both continued to rise and have accelerated to levels that have passed dangerous tipping points.
There is true urgency to this global warming extinction emergency!
Our average global temperature and atmospheric carbon levels are far too close to crossing the near-extinction tipping points.
If we fail to make or get very close to the 2025 fossil fuel reduction targets, this extinction emergency becomes a no-win game for everyone, no matter how much money or power they might have and, no matter where they might try to escape to!
Our current global warming extinction emergency can only be resolved by immediately reducing the human-caused production of carbon and other key greenhouse gases produced directly and indirectly from the global burning of fossil fuels.
At this "it is almost already too little too late" moment in history, the necessary fossil fuel use reductions needed to save us can only be achieved by successfully meeting our last chance 2025 global fossil fuel reduction targets enforced by our governments!
Please also keep in mind that our government leaders have utterly failed to see the coming pain and suffering of the COVID-19 pandemic, nor did they adequately prepare for it.
Once again, our government leaders are also not seeing or adequately preparing for the global warming extinction emergency, which is already happening and, will be far, far worse than the COVID-19 global pandemic!
Therefore, as global citizens of every nation on Earth, we demand that our national political leaders act now before it is too late to prevent mass human, animal, and biological extinction within our lifetimes and untold suffering!
We demand that our government leaders:
1. Meet immediately to formally declare both a national and international Global Warming Extinction Emergency.
2. Pass enforceable and verifiable national and international laws that would successfully achieve the 2025 global fossil fuel reduction targets or, at least get us very close to them. (Even getting close to the 2025 targets allow us to slow down what is coming so we can be better prepared.) And,
3. Call for the immediate mass mobilization of ALL the necessary resources and personnel to execute ALL critical actions required to fully resolve our current global warming extinction emergency. (See Part 3 of the Job One for Humanity Plan for a complete list of all critical government-driven actions needed to save the future.)
By electronically signing this petition (in the box below,) I am personally and officially notifying my national politicians of this demand to immediately meet and take all required actions described in this emergency petition in order to protect, preserve, and advance the continuing evolution of humanity and life on Earth.
Furthermore, realizing that most of the worst global warming consequences will take centuries to thousands of years to repair, which will create an unthinkable nightmare for any surviving future generations, I further pledge to continue to act to help resolve this extinction threat and emergency until it is over.
If you have any hesitation about signing this petition, please see this page which discusses the four extinction-evoking global warming tipping points soon arriving!
Learn more about the story behind this nonprofit organization's mission and why this petition must go worldwide and be presented to politicians all over the world by clicking here.
When you sign the petition, you are also giving the Job One for Humanity Organization permission to send you critical global warming extinction emergency progress updates about once a month.
(If necessary, see this page for additional proof that all of the statements of this petition are true.)4,108 signaturesAdd signature