- The age of fossil fuel has already ended. No individual or organization should want to invest in an industry with its subsidies being removed, its profits being taxed at increasing rates, and growing legal liability to restore the immense damage it has done to the environment over the last 130 years. Divest and get out before you get caught! There is no future left for fossil fuel energy on a planet that has to rapidly move to green energy generation to survive and thrive.
- Going greener and lowering your avoidable carbon emissions related to fossil fuel usage is an immediate and practical way to take ownership of your personal responsibility to help reduce global warming. It is what we will all have to do by law once we have solved the global warming emergency. It is also what we will have to do if we fail to solve the global warming emergency to buy ourselves a little more time to prepare and migrate.
- It may be challenging, but continually eating less animal and dairy products is the single most powerful action you as an individual can take to reduce global warming and your carbon footprint.
- If we do not succeed, these action steps can help slow and lessen the total effects of escalating global warming enough for, hopefully, several billion of us to have time to prepare for what is coming, or to migrate.
- If we succeed, these individual actions will be needed to maintain a stable and safe temperature range and climate in the future and to prevent it from happening again. In fact, if we are successful in ending this emergency, many of these action steps will become mandated by law to ensure we never trigger a global warming emergency again.
- If you are of a spiritual nature, it is critical to work with your faith community to help end global warming through education and Job One compatible actions. The faith communities of our world, when committed, will exert the powerful leverage of collective moral force to help end the global warming emergency.
All of the preceding, and far more information about the escalating warming emergency can be found in the Climageddon book. Get your copy now! Your book purchase helps support the social benefit mission of Job One for Humanity to end global warming.
Your successes and your suggestions relating to Part 2 of the Job One Climate Change Resilience Plan are important to us.
They can also inspire and help others who are also working on the various action steps of the Job One Plan. To send us your feedback on Part 2, please email us at [email protected], or if you are a member you can post it in the comments field on this members-only page.
Each month we will select feedback, success stories, and informational tips from these emails or the members-only area and include them in our monthly newsletter.
Now that You Know more About What We are Doing Please Help Support Job One for Humanity with a Tax-deductible Donation
The July 2020 Special Update on changing preparation and adaption timeframes for the global warming emergency: Please click here and go to our member's area critical timeframe update on these issues as soon as possible. This update is vital if you want to prepare your family or business for what is now unavoidable! Go to our Member's section in the top navigation bar to see these critical timeframe updates.
In our members-only section, we have among many things created detailed migration evaluation materials as well as a six-page migration land and home purchase checklist. In our members-only section, you will also find a detailed description of the global warming safest towns and areas within the United States. (It took us 3 years and 12 weeks of staff travel to these areas these checklists and related information.)
To see the full Migration Manual (if you already are a member,) click the Members link at the top of any page. You may be asked to log-in as well.
To see the full Migration Manual (if you are not a member,) click this link and become a member. It's easy and there is much more in the members-only section than has been described above that will make your life a lot safer and easier.
Becoming a member also helps support our critical non-profit mission!
Click this link to see all of the benefits of becoming a member!
Click here for Part 3 of the Job One Plan for the critical collective actions we must get done to prevent extinction.
Click here for Part 4 of the Job One Plan on how we can get the critical actions of Part 3 of the Job One Plan done.
Sign the Declare a Runaway Global Heating State of Emergency Petition
Sign the Stop Saying Climate Change Pledge
Please check and start one of the Part 2 action steps below:
- "Global Divestment Day 2015." YouTube video. 1:25, posted by "Fossil Free," February 15, 2015. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckJ9M56Ftbg
- "What is fossil fuel divestment and why does it matter?" Video. 2:40, posted by The Guardian, March 23, 2015. https://www.theguardian.com/environment/video/2015/mar/23/what-fossil-fuel-divestment-why-matter-climate-change-video
- Alister Doyle. "Insurers call on G20 to phase out fossil fuel subsidies by 2020." Reuters. August 29, 2016. http://www.reuters.com/article/us-g20-climatechange-idUSKCN1142GN
- Veerasamy Sejian, Iqbal Hyder, T. Ezeji, J. Lakritz, Raghavendra Bhatta, J. P. Ravindra, Cadaba S. Prasad, Rattan Lal. "Global Warming: Role of Livestock." Climate Change Impact on Livestock: Adaptation and Mitigation. Springer India (2015): 141-169, doi: 10.1007/978-81-322-2265-1_10
- Martin Hickman. "Study claims meat creates half of all greenhouse gases." The Independent. October 31, 2009. http://www.independent.co.uk/environment/climate-change/study-claims-meat-creates-half-of-all-greenhouse-gases-1812909.html
- Robert Goodland and Jeff Anhang. "Livestock and Climate Change." WorldWatch Magazine, 22, no. 6 (2006): 141-169, http://www.worldwatch.org/node/6294
- "The Most Shocking 1.5 Min Video the World Must See!" YouTube Video. 1:30, posted by "COWSPIRACY: the sustainability secret," November 17, 2015. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1z1taw6yNw
- "COWSPIRACY - Official Teaser 2 - HD." YouTube Video. 1:31, posted by "COWSPIRACY: the sustainability secret," December 6, 2014. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SRPk6gB3g0
- Khushbu Shah. "UN says veganism can save the world from destruction." Eater.com. February 16, 2015. http://www.eater.com/2015/2/16/8048069/un-says-veganism-can-save-the-world-from-destruction
- Felicity Carus. "UN urges global move to meat and dairy-free diet." The Guardian. June 2, 2010. https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2010/jun/02/un-report-meat-free-diet
- Reid Wilson. "The states that will be hit hardest by the EPA’s coal regulations, in one map." The Washington Post. June 2, 2014. https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/govbeat/wp/2014/06/02/the-states-that-will-be-hit-hardest-by-the-epas-coal-regulations-in-one-map/?utm_term=.3f5c6876f267
- when technological progress increases the efficiency with which a resource is used (reducing the amount necessary for anyone to use), but the rate of consumption of that resource rises because of increasing demand. From Wikipedia contributors, "Jevons's paradox," Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Jevons%27s_paradox&oldid=759401245 (accessed January 10, 2017).
- Lawrence Wollersheim. "The Sustainable Prosperity Revolution: The New Good Life, Hope for the Economy and the Future of Job Creation." JobOneforHumanity.org. Accessed December 20, 2016. http://www.joboneforhumanity.org/sustainable_prosperity_booklet
Our new global warming risk analysis, adaptation, relocation, and migration consulting services
For individuals, businesses, or governmental bodies that desire individualized assistance, qualified members of the Job One for Humanity team are available for custom consulting on all aspects of climate change and global warming consequence risk analysis, adaptation, relocation, or migration for individuals, small businesses, large corporations, or local, regional, or national governments. Click here to learn more about our individualized consulting services.
Showing 1 reaction
Sign in with