No matter what else you may do to manage the climate emergency there is an new urgency for personal climate educational activism. The staggering questions below will bring up many serious climate issues you may not have considered.
In a surprise and almost contrarian way, the questions below should help shock our leaders into effective climate action.
Eventually we are going to be asked by our governments to make many difficult sacrifices to get our climate emergency under control. However, the most critical sacrifice everyone is being asked to make Today to get our governments in action is to engage in climate educational activism at the minimum!
If we all are not educating our peers and politicians about the accelerating global heating extinction emergency, there is little hope that our governments will enact and enforce the necessary global fossil fuel reductions.
Yes, with things as bad as they are, you still need to enjoy your life while the climate remains relatively stable. But, at the same time, if you want any future life that you would like to live in, you also need to become an climate educational activist.
How to become a better climate educational activist?
We have been thinking about this issue and what new tools we could provide to help you educate many more politicians and people about what is coming. As a result of that evaluation, we have created the following information and we are asking all Job One for Humanity visitors, subscribers, and members to start emailing or handing it out.
The information below should immediately go out to local zoning boards, local, state, and national politicians, and local, state, and national emergency preparation agencies. To open a climate dialog, you could even send it to your friends and neighbors and ask them what they think about the serious issues it raises.
Be especially sure to see that your most progressive and climate-friendly politicians get this document too. Many of them still do not understand the radical real fossil fuel reduction amounts we must achieve to or the insane costs of not solving the climate emergency as our top priority.
This document is designed to potentially sneak around the typical climate denial surrounding how bad the climate crisis will get. It is specifically designed to get politicians and others thinking about the insane costs and gigantic climate problems that are already here and will get far, far worse as we clean up after extreme weather climate emergencies and try to adapt to the next even worse climate event. Most politicians, emergency response leaders, and zoning officials have a poor to outdated understanding of the current climate science and the current condition of the climate, as found in the regularly updated summary.
Because we are almost out of time to save a significant part of humanity from large-scale extinction, this document should go to every mayor, local council person, governor, and state and national senator, and representative for your nation. It must also go to all local, state, zoning and emergency preparedness agencies.
Please do your climate education activist part. It will make a difference.
The following is the document.
How will we recover from, adapt to, and pay for our accelerating climate catastrophes on a local, state, and national basis?
Current and new climate change consequences directly harm our communities. The accelerating climate emergency will require the creation of many new zoning and building regulations. The increased climate risks will also significantly affect insurance rates for homes, businesses, and farms and require a radical increase in new local, state, and national taxes.
This document is meant to bring into view many unforeseen climate costs and consequences so that local, state, and national politicians and agencies can begin ALL necessary actions relating to these present and soon-to-be worse climate issues.
The following is a list of known and accelerating global warming consequences already occurring in many local, state, and national areas. In addition, reliable and uncensored predictions indicate that most global warming consequences listed below will accelerate radically in frequency, severity and scale from 2025 to 2031 and then worsen significantly beyond that.
Therefore, as a citizen, I want to know how you and our local, state, and national emergency agencies and politicians plan to deal with the following accelerating climate consequences:
- What will you do to provide public relief from accelerating heatwaves, droughts, and wildfires that will affect growing portions of the local, state, and national population?
- How will you manage and recover from the increase in frequency and severity of global heating-fueled extreme wind events like hurricanes, cyclones, tornados, and Derechos?
- How will you deal with the massive flooding as we experience more frequent, severe rain bombs of 30 inches or more of rain over short periods covering ever-larger areas? Specifically, how will you expand our sewer systems to handle those vast amounts of water? How will you protect our water purification, sewage, and electrical stations from the predicted ain bombs? How will you deal with ever-increasing emergencies at the lowest levels of our highways and neighborhoods, which will be flooded because of these escalating rain bombs?
- How will you and your zoning departments deal with current climate change acceleration making previous 100-year floodplain warning levels obsolete? Accelerating climate change consequences indicate that we must now use 1,000-year floodplain levels in all zoning codes and city planning to be safe.
- How will you deal with the predicted sudden collapse of the Thwaites "Doomsday" glacier that will raise global sea level 2 to 3 feet shortly after its collapse? Thwaites could collapse as soon as 2025-2028. How will you manage this sudden 2-3 foot massive sea level rise and disruption to the coastal areas, its highways, sewage treatment, water treatment, and electrical power facilities, all of which will be below water along the coastal areas where half of humanity now lives?
- How will you then deal with the additional 7-10 feet of coastal sea level rise over the following decades coming from the glaciers behind the Thwaites glacier sliding into the sea and the additional melting glaciers and snowpack from all over the rest of the world?
- How will you deal with the massive insurance cancellations, failures to renew, and exponential increases in home, mortgage, and crop failure insurance? This is occurring already as local, state, national, and international insurance and reinsurance companies rapidly quit all global warming high-risk areas and export and externalize those anticipated climate losses onto unprepared governments and nonprofit organizations. The world's insurance agencies are doing this already because of the anticipated hundreds of trillions of dollars in climate consequence losses worldwide. (Climate change consequences are predicted to soon cost nations 5% or more of their total GDP.) Smart insurance companies will not make themselves responsible for or expose themselves to out-of-control escalating climate risks because they know it will bankrupt all of them! (On renewal, many insurance companies are already adding new climate change exemption clauses to their existing policies. These new exemptions specifically deny climate change-related damages for most extreme weather events; such as heatwaves, droughts, wildfires, hurricanes, tornados, cyclones, flooding, rain bombs, wind storms [Derechos], dust storms, wildfire smoke events, unseasonable cold spells, and other abnormal unseasonal weather. The rising result of more insurance companies declining more high-risk climate change affected coverages will be many more homes, businesses, and farms suddenly losing all or most of their value because they could not be insured (or the rates for that insurance would be beyond affordability.)
- What is your current "managed retreat" plan for purchasing ALL of the homes, businesses, and farms that will soon be uninsurable in the new 1,000-year global warming high-risk zones and being in high risk zones for the other climate change consequences?
- How will you deal with the climate justice needs and costs of the hundreds of millions (and eventually billions) of climate refugees migrating out of the areas between the northern and southern 35th parallel to the safer northern regions? If these peoples don't migrate, they die because of climate change's many escalating primary and secondary consequences. (Unlike northern developed nations, these climate migrants come primarily from the nations that had little to do with causing our current fossil fuel-caused global warming extinction emergency.)
- How much will you levy new taxes on the local, state, and national citizens and businesses to cover all of the accelerating recovery costs from escalating climate disasters? (These tax increases would, at the minimum, also have to cover all "managed retreat" home and business purchasing costs and the costs to move or raise affected highways, expand sewer systems, move or upgrade sewage and water treatment facilities (to make them climate consequence-safe,) and move electrical equipment threatened by flooding, rain bombs, and other climate consequences.)
Please send your and your organization's answer and position on the above issues and what you will do about them and their costs to (your email address here.)
You are also fully encouraged to share the climate handout with all different climate and environmental organizations to further magnify the handout's effectiveness.
Key Volunteering Links
Click here for a list of all current volunteering projects.
Click here for a list of all current volunteering administrative positions.
Click here for the getting started guide for all volunteers.
To help do something about the climate change and global warming emergency, click here.
Sign up for our free Global Warming Blog by clicking here. (In your email, you will receive critical news, research, and the warning signs for the next global warming disaster.)
To share this blog post: Go to the Share button to the left below.
Showing 2 reactions
Sign in with