For 40 years, scientists have been telling us how to fix global warming. We have not listened to them. Our governments squandered 40 valuable years over which we could have gradually made the required global fossil fuel reductions.
(Editors note: This blog post came about because several climate researchers and education organizations asked our organization to assist in finding a new strategy that truly could resolve the global warming emergency. As a result, we spent weeks reviewing 12 years of climate research and analysis and the most recently released climate studies. The following blog post answers these peers and other organizations educating the public on global warming.
Unfortunately, you will not hear anything like this post from US politicians like John Kerry (the Climate Czar,) Joe Biden, Bernie Sanders, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Gavin Newsom, or any other global politicians. These politicians support the too slow and grossly too small current government-sanctioned global fossil fuel cutback levels. Moreover, you will not hear the following information from other environmental groups or the UN's Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change [IPCC].
What you are about to read will shock most of you. Accordingly, there is extensive documentation at the end of the article to verify each statement's legitimacy.
Can we still solve global warming in time to save humanity from mass extinction?
There is a bad news answer to this question. It is now all but impossible to make the critical global fossil fuel reductions in time to prevent the die-off of much of humanity by mid-century. This mass human die-off would occur mainly because the major grain crops, wheat, maize, barley, oats, rye, and sorghum, will suffer massive harvest failures. These grains cannot normally survive 30 plus days of 100-degree or more heat during the regular growing season.
To avoid this die-off, our governments would have to reduce all global fossil fuel use of oil, coal, and natural gas by about 75% by 2025.) Our governments cannot make this 75% global reduction target by 2025 because they squandered their opportunity over the last 40 years when these reductions could have been gradual, easier, and still possible!
Worse yet, if our governments do not immediately come close to the required 2025 global fossil fuel cuts, it is highly doubtful we will be able to prevent a near-total or total human extinction beginning sometime around 2070 or sooner. (If you think either of the above extinction outcomes is highly unlikely, please read this page.)
Additionally, we will not be able to adapt our way out of many of the soon arriving and unavoidable global warming-related consequences. Of course, there will be minor global warming consequences for which individuals or businesses can adapt. But, as global warming consequences intensify, multiply, and accelerate, no nation or corporation will be able to harden its critical infrastructure fast enough to stay ahead of the Climageddon nightmare that is coming.
The massive government-driven hardening of critical infrastructure will not work in most areas because:
1.) The sheer size of the hardened infrastructure needed is so vast that no nation or corporation has enough laborers or money to build it. For example, imagine all of the following infrastructure areas having to be hardened at the same time over the next ten years or so; higher sea walls, dikes, and levies, new water reservoirs in severe drought areas, new street drain systems to remove massive rain bomb deluges, raising or moving sea or river flooded roads, suppression of wildfires by massive forest clearing, hardening private, commercial and government buildings from wind and severe storm damage, moving sewage and water treatment plants away from flooding areas, moving low-lying or wind-affected energy transfer, electrical, and communications infrastructure, etc., etc. Even hundreds of trillions of dollars would not be nearly enough to harden most global areas needing hardening.)
2. As interconnected global warming consequences intensify, multiply, and accelerate, it will be impossible to build the hardened new infrastructure fast enough to keep up with ever-worsening consequences hitting the target areas. For example, once any nation plans and builds for 500-year storms, it will get hit by 1,000-year and 10,000-year storms. Once they harden all at-risk buildings to survive a category five hurricane, category six and category seven hurricanes will start appearing regularly. Furthermore, the big infrastructure projects we will need often take years to plan and decades to complete. Therefore, if attempted, they will most likely be and arrive, "too little too late!"
3. Infrastructure hardening for only the most affluent areas is being proposed in many places. This limited adaptation solution will transfer even more problems to the poorer regions, creating even worse environmental, social, and political issues!
It does not take Albert Einstein to see that humanity adapting by the mass hardening of the existing national infrastructure to withstand the coming global warming nightmare is not a viable long-term global warming survival strategy.
Expanding the answer to the question, "can we solve global warming in time to save humanity from mass extinction?
We have not solved the global warming emergency over the last 40 years. During these 40 years, global warming has become much worse at faster and faster rates!
The following graph shows three of the primary greenhouse gases in parts per billion (PPB). All three of these greenhouse gases have been increasing rapidly since the Industrial Revolution (about 1750.) Furthermore, they have been growing exponentially since 2000.
Below, you see the complete and utter failure of the IPCC and our governments in doing anything effective to reduce global fossil fuel-related greenhouse gases, particularly over the last 40 years.
Therefore it is reasonable to conclude:
1. We won't resolve global warming in time to save much of humanity from dying by mid-century. (This is because we did not reduce global fossil fuel use amounts even remotely enough over the past 40 years to prevent this mass die-off when we still could.)
2. We will not prevent a near-total or total human extinction unless we slow down global warming sufficiently. (We only can do this by getting close to the painful and correct 2025 global fossil fuel targets. These are the targets that no government has yet to even acknowledge.)
There is nothing any global warming or environmental group, climate researcher, or global warming authority can do to change the hard truths of the above two statements.
The only practical remaining thing any of us can do now is:
1. to get our politicians and governments to enforce the radical 2025 global fossil fuel reductions that will finally slow down global warming enough to prevent our near-total or total extinction. And,
2. to start Plan B, which is a worldwide global warming emergency backup plan. (We need to begin a Plan B because our true ability to prevent a global warming-fueled near-total or total extinction is insanely low.)
Any national Plan B must also include government actions that will immediately begin the long and challenging process of relocating under 30 citizens, our most critical infrastructure, and the necessary plants and animals. This mass relocation process must get into the world's global warming safer areas before it is too late!
Any national government-driven Plan B mass mobilization needs to begin immediately because:
a. we are grossly unprepared for the intensity of the soon arriving global warming consequences and
b. the needed government-driven Plan B giant "build and transfer" projects will take a decade or more to complete. (We have only a decade or two before accelerating global warming will be so destructive that mass migrations and massive construction or transfer projects will become too complicated, costly, or slow to ever complete.)
Unfortunately, our governments will never be able to keep up with the ongoing destruction and costs of accelerating climate change. Because of this growing government inability, we also strongly encourage wise individuals is to start their personal and business Plan B soon!
If our governments fail to act in time, Mother Nature will become our "last resort," savior, and solution
Even if our governments fail at making the necessary 2025 global fossil fuel reduction targets, all is not lost. Luckily as a last resort, mother nature can be fully relied upon to solve the global warming emergency for us.
If we fail to act over the following decades, mother nature will continue to burn off the human virus overheating her and giving her a fever. After centuries to thousands of years, mother nature also will eventually rebalance our polluted atmosphere and complete the global warming solution.
The only strategy that will save humanity from near-total or total extinction in time is getting close to the 2025 target and reducing ALL global fossil fuel use by 75%. There are no "new technology" or geoengineering silver bullets that will work within the needed time frame. Only immediate and massive global fossil fuel reductions can save us.
If US politicians like John Kerry, Joe Biden, Bernie Sanders, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Gavin Newsom, and many other global politicians would be courageous climate leaders and tell us truthfully that we must now endure huge and painful sacrifices for ourselves as well as for our children and future generations, we could finally begin the honest process of making the essential 2025 global fossil fuel reductions.
Thus far, not one climate-friendly politician is talking about the single most simple, direct, and effective, "first things first" way to end the global warming extinction emergency by enforcing sufficient global fossil fuel use reductions to get close to the legitimate 2025 targets! All these grossly uninformed climate-friendly politicians do seem to be talking about is how to spend billions and billions of dollars on secondary and tertiary "too little too late" tactics, solutions, and strategies.
All we can hope for now is that our governments will act immediately on the 2025 targets slowing down global warming just enough so that, at least, some small part of humanity can survive.
And finally, there is still lots to be done and years of life to live as you and all of the rest of us execute our personal Plan B emergency plans as well as we can.
What kinds of Reprioritization and Re-Framing does this means for Worldwide Climate Change Educational Organizations
Because of the above facts, climate change education organizations like Extinction Rebellion, Greta Thunberg's Fridays for the Future, 350.org, Climate Central, Climate Mobilization, Climate Emergency Fund, and the Sunrise Movement, etc., must rapidly adapt to today's harsh global warming realities and alter their global warming education and strategies as follows.
All global warming and environmental education organizations need to tell the world:
1. The global warming-related battle to save the lives of much of humanity by mid-century has already been lost and the new battle to prevent total extinction has begun.
2. What our governments enforce today determines if they will prevent near-total or total human extinction beginning near or before 2070. (Our governments must get very close to reaching the 2025 global fossil fuel reduction targets.)
3. Global warming organizations need to educate that the reason we have to come close to the 2025 global reduction targets to survive is because of already "baked in" climate momentum and inertia factors and many soon-to-be crossed climate tipping points. The public needs to fully realize that global warming will go out of our control for centuries, and most of us go extinct if we do not get close to the last-chance 2025 targets!
4. At the same time governments are enforcing the 2025 global fossil fuel reductions, all governments must also begin a national Plan B emergency backup plan. We are far from having any guarantees of our governments getting us close to the 2025 targets. In fact, it is highly probable our governments will continue to enforce only token and grossly inadequate global fossil fuel reductions.
5. Private individuals and businesses should begin their Plan B emergency backup plans now because our governments will most likely continue with "business as usual" and not enforce the extinction-preventing 2025 global fossil fuel reductions in time. And,
6. Global warming and environmental organizations must stop denying the current global warming condition because "denial is what you do to make a painful reality last longer and hurt more." Within a few decades, this institutionalized global warming denial if it continues, will kill most, if not all of humanity as well as many of the other beautiful species on the planet.
Additional Fact Checking Links Arranged by Related Topics
The following links will assist global warming and environmental organizations get up to speed on the current edge of global warming analysis. We strongly recommend these organizations have their brightest members who are also highly fluent in systems theory, tipping point theory, and the qualities of complex adaptive systems review these links and report back to the management and marketing teams.
Topic 1. Why you can't believe government global fossil fuel reduction targets or their consequence predictions and timetables:
Click here to understand the long-term history of the IPCC underestimating the consequences, timeframes, and the needed global fossil fuel reduction targets by as much as 20-40% or more.
Click here to see how the IPCC "cooked the books" and grossly skewed the current global fossil fuel reduction calculations by including new "carbon sucking unicorn" technology into their projections.
Click here to see the eleven key climate change tipping points that have been mostly excluded from the IPCC calculations for how much fossil fuel we must cut each year globally.
Click here to see the REAL 2025 global fossil fuel reduction targets and why we must get close to a 75% reduction in total global fossil fuel use (oil, natural gas, coal, etc.) In the technical notes at the bottom of the page, you can see each calculation and compensation for the various factors that make up the real global reduction numbers.
To see all of the mass mobilization actions our governments must take to get close to the 2025 global fossil fuel reduction targets and save humanity from near-total or total extinction, click here.
The 28 reasons listed on this page will explain why we will not be able to solve global warming in time to save much of humanity from extinction by mid-century. (Much here means 51% or more.)
Topic 2. How and why can a soon-arriving mass, near-total, or total human extinction be accurate?
Click here to see a detailed "big picture" meltdown of our many global warming consequences and tipping points. Their interactions will produce starvation and extinction for much of humanity by mid-century and near-total or total extinction beginning as soon as 2070.
Click here to see the four extinction-evoking tipping points and how close we are to them already.
Click here for the enormous social activism challenges of getting the public to demand their politicians act before they, their children, and we are dead!
Watch this 7-minute video to grasp on an emotional level how serious our global warming extinction emergency is right now.
Topic 3. What can you do about the horrible global warming mess we have created for ourselves?
Click here to see the many surprising benefits we can create in a Great Global Rebirth, but only if we get the global warming extinction emergency under control in time.
To help do something about the climate change and global warming emergency, click here.
Topic 4. Are you new to the global warming issue and how global warming occurs?
Click here if you are new to the climate change emergency and do not understand the basics of how and why global warming is taking place.
Topic 5. Miscellaneous
It is time to also call for global warming legal accountability, the immediate termination of all global fossil fuel subsidies, and placing a worldwide price for all corporations on their carbon, methane, and other greenhouse gas pollution. (For carbon pollution, this price should be in the range of $150 or more per ton.) Click here to learn more about all of the actions our governments need to take to reach the 2025 global fossil fuel reduction targets.
We really need your help in getting this post to everywhere it needs to go!
1. Would you please email this full post to the politicians and their staff mentioned in this post? Please also send it to all other global politicians you think should see it as well.
2. Kindly also email this full post to the delegates, officials, and sponsors of the United Nations next international climate conference (COP26) November 1-12, 2021. It is time the next climate conference stops watering down the correct global fossil fuel reduction targets needed to prevent our mass extinction.
Furthermore, it is time for COP26 to stop setting any global warming reduction targets based upon carbon removal technology that does not exist. It is also finally time for COP26 to tell the leaders and people of the world exactly how unlivable our global warming future will be because --- if they fail to mobilize our governments again, there will be no time left to reach the correct global fossil fuel reductions.
3. Please email this full post to the ecological and global warming educational groups and their staff mentioned in this post. Please also send it to all other environmental and global warming educational groups you think should see it as well.
Please help support the research and candid comprehensive climate change analysis done by the Job One for Humanity organization. Make a tax-deductible donation here.
To help do something about the climate change and global warming emergency, click here.
Sign up for our free Global Warming Blog by clicking here. (In your email, you will receive critical news, research, and the warning signs for the next global warming disaster.)
To share this blog post: Go to the Share button to the left below.